|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the deserter wish to do some time later?
(a) Gain the confidence of the League Speaker.
(b) Be forgiven and rejoin the League.
(c) Expose the League's secrets.
(d) Write his memoirs for publication.
2. What is it that H.H. says a historian searches for in events?
(a) The importance of the matter.
(b) The truth.
(c) The relevance of the event.
(d) The center, the common standpoint.
3. What does H.H. see the person he follows do in Part IV?
(a) Share a meal with Lukas.
(b) Enjoy something to eat.
(c) Have a drink with the League Leader.
(d) Have tea with Leo.
4. What does H.H. tell Lukas about the League?
(a) It is a strict society.
(b) It understands enlightenment.
(c) It started during the World War.
(d) It is not a post-war movement.
5. What happens as Leo begins to sing?
(a) Everything immediately springs into motion.
(b) Birds gather.
(c) Mozart joins him.
(d) Everyone stops to listen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leo say he must take H.H.?
2. What does H.H. say he used to be?
3. What does H.H. do as the man he follows walks away?
4. In Part I, what is Longus doing in "the wood"?
5. In Part II, another person on the journey claims what about certain writings?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)