|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H.H. say no longer exists in the group?
(a) The desire to maintain unity.
(b) The strength to stay on the journey.
(c) The desire to reach their individual goals.
(d) The ability to remain in the League.
2. What does H.H. do as the man he follows walks away?
(a) He visits Lukas.
(b) He goes home.
(c) He stands and watches.
(d) Runs after him.
3. What new sin is H.H. aware of in the middle of the proceedings of Part V?
(a) He was ashamed of his actions.
(b) He lost the League ring.
(c) He was abandoned without cause.
(d) He was no longer humble as he should be.
4. According to H.H., what must the historian do to allow meaning into a narrative?
(a) Invent units, heroes, nations, and ideas.
(b) Remain as true to the actual events as possible.
(c) Provide a common thread of knowlege for all of history.
(d) Create realistic scenes with vivid imagery.
5. What does H.H. say psychologist are?
(a) Practioners of the unconscious.
(b) People who always win arguments.
(c) Egotistical maniacs.
(d) People who traffic in dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, who or what does the narrator meet at the riverside?
2. What has Lukas been a part of?
3. What does the narrator say about Leo at the end of Part I?
4. In Part II, what does H.H. say he would willing exchange his belief for?
5. What does H.H. say he realizes is at his disposal in Part V?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)