|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to H.H.'s first attempt to tell his story?
(a) He is too sad to remember the events.
(b) He loses his journal.
(c) He is brought to a halt by a single, small episode.
(d) He believes the journey is not worth remembering.
2. What does the Speaker announce?
(a) You are the one from Bremgarten.
(b) You are Leo's student.
(c) Your name is H.H.
(d) Self-accusation of a deserter League brother.
3. In Part I, what does the narrator realize about the Journey East?
(a) It is a single pilgrmage.
(b) It brings full enlightment to each traveler.
(c) It is a procession of believers moving towards the East.
(d) It is a long and difficult journey.
4. What is the purpose of the letter H.H. writes at the end of Part IV.
(a) He writes it to unburden himself.
(b) He exposes the secrets of the League.
(c) It is a request for help.
(d) It is his last will and testament.
5. What does the Leader say about "grace" in Part I?
(a) Once found it cannot be lost.
(b) It is regained by repentance.
(c) It is not recognized by common people.
(d) It cannot be bought.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H.H. say broke down in him as the man moves away?
2. Who or what does Leo say fills many rows of seats?
3. What or who does the person say a violin reminds him of?
4. What does H.H. say he realizes is at his disposal in Part V?
5. What does the man H.H. follows say about the League?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)