|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what does H.H. see behind a big door in Part V?
(a) Mozart the musician.
(b) Vasudeva the ferryman.
(c) Albert Magnus.
(d) Klingsor the artist.
2. In Part II, another person on the journey claims what about certain writings?
(a) They are important German writings.
(b) They are writings in French and Hebrew.
(c) They are original characters known only by the master.
(d) They are understood only by League members.
3. Why does H.H. visit Lukas?
(a) To learn from him.
(b) To understand him.
(c) To instruct him.
(d) To apologize to him.
4. Who preserves the memory of Hohenstaufen?
(b) Urach and Staufen.
(c) The League Justice.
(d) The power of the crown gardians.
5. What does the deserter wish to do some time later?
(a) Write his memoirs for publication.
(b) Be forgiven and rejoin the League.
(c) Expose the League's secrets.
(d) Gain the confidence of the League Speaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do many of the journey members believe League documents are deposited?
2. In Part I, what does the narrator say the conquered nations are ready to believe in?
3. What feeling comes over H.H. when he is about to greet the bare-headed man?
4. In Part II, what does H.H. say he would willing exchange his belief for?
5. What does the man H.H. follows say about the League?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)