|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H.H. say he realizes is at his disposal in Part V?
(a) The great archives of Alexander the Great.
(b) The ability to see into the past and the future.
(c) An abundance of knowledge about the whole world.
(d) The same understanding Leo has of life.
2. Who or what does Leo say fills many rows of seats?
(a) All those who preceded him in the search for Truth.
(b) Generals and soldiers of the World War.
(c) The fellow travelers from his journey.
(d) The illustrious assembly of the League.
3. How does H.H. feel as Leo sings?
(a) Deeply moved.
(b) Comforted by the melody.
(c) Saddened by his song.
(d) Astonished by his voice.
4. In Part III, what does H.H. say is similar to when he first started on his expedition?
(a) His need to find his home.
(b) His happiness to do something.
(c) His desire to remain a member of the League.
(d) His determination to meet his goal.
5. What does the narrator say is the one paradox that must be accepted?
(a) A fool is wiser than the greatest king.
(b) It is necessary to attempt the seemingly impossible.
(c) Love conquers all obstacles.
(d) Life and death are inseparable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H.H. say broke down in him as the man moves away?
2. Who or what occupies the narrator's thoughts the most on the journey in Part I?
3. In Part II, what does H.H. say is very difficult for him to do?
4. What does H.H. believe is necessary to be able to write?
5. How does the Man H.H. follows describe rain?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)