|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears before H.H. in magnificent robes ascending to the High Throne?
(a) The old man with sunken cheeks.
(b) St. Christopher.
2. What impression do most people have of the League?
(a) It is one of many newly blossomed cults.
(b) It is the secret protectors of Christian artifacts.
(c) It is an ancient group of mystics.
(d) It is a league of wonderous judges.
3. In Part One, who does the narrator quote as saying, "Where are we really going"?
(a) The narrator.
(c) The League novitiates.
(d) The poet Novalis.
4. What do the officials say to H.H. in Part V?
(a) He is allowed to reveal every law and secret of the League.
(b) He must not be afraid.
(c) He needs to resume his journey east.
(d) He is allowed to remain a League member.
5. Mohamed's coffin is believed to hold what magical power?
(a) One receives the ability to judge all men righteously.
(b) One gains immediate entrance into paradise.
(c) One will gain the power to speak to animals.
(d) One can rise one freely into the air.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the times early in Part I?
2. What does the narrator say is the one paradox that must be accepted?
3. What does H.H. tell Lukas his current passion is in Part III?
4. What unmerited reputation does the League have in Part I?
5. What feeling comes over H.H. when he is about to greet the bare-headed man?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)