|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say is the one paradox that must be accepted?
(a) A fool is wiser than the greatest king.
(b) It is necessary to attempt the seemingly impossible.
(c) Love conquers all obstacles.
(d) Life and death are inseparable.
2. Who does H.H. write a long letter to when he returns home after his encounter with the man he follows?
(a) His lawyer.
(d) The League.
3. What does H.H. tell Lukas his current passion is in Part III?
(a) To write a history book.
(b) To dispel Lukas' misgivings.
(c) To help others join the League.
(d) To write a simple story.
4. What does the Speaker announce?
(a) Your name is H.H.
(b) You are Leo's student.
(c) You are the one from Bremgarten.
(d) Self-accusation of a deserter League brother.
5. Who unexpectedly disappears from the journey as Part II opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man H.H. follows say about knowing people?
2. What time of year does H.H. recall in Part II?
3. When the person learns H.H. has given up something special, what does he say it is because of?
4. What do Lukas and his friends say about H.H.'s "Journey to the East"?
5. What or who does the man summon with his whistle?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)