|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part II, what does H.H. say he would willing exchange his belief for?
(a) A chance to see the Christ child.
(b) A chance to go home.
(c) A more hopeful belief.
(d) A chance to converse with Siddhartha.
2. Who or what does H.H. say is the basis of his community in Part II?
(a) The journey.
(b) The League.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Enlightenment.
3. What doubts do H.H.'s memory of the journey and participants of the World War share?
(a) Whether others care what happened to them.
(b) Whether their story is worth telling.
(c) Whether they will ever forget.
(d) Whether or not they really experienced it.
4. What does Lukas say he finally was able to accomplish?
(a) Lose his fear.
(b) Journey to the east.
(c) Write his war book.
(d) Understand H.H.'s situation.
5. Who does H.H. say is the whistler?
(a) A peacock.
(b) A young girl.
(d) The old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lukas say H.H. keeps coming back to?
2. What does the narrator's vow to the League forbid him to do?
3. In Part I, how does the narrator describe encounters with different parties?
4. What do Lukas and his friends say about H.H.'s "Journey to the East"?
5. What does H.H. say psychologist are?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)