|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part I, how does the narrator describe encounters with different parties?
(a) As difficult and confusing.
(b) As pleasant, festive days.
(c) Different parties are very secretive.
(d) Parties ban together for the rest of the journey.
2. How does H.H. describe certain articles in Part II?
(a) As seemingly indispensable things.
(b) As precious tokens of their journey.
(c) As proofs that the League existed.
(d) As meaningless ornaments of the world.
3. How does H.H. feel when he answers the person he is following?
4. Mohamed's coffin is believed to hold what magical power?
(a) One can rise one freely into the air.
(b) One receives the ability to judge all men righteously.
(c) One gains immediate entrance into paradise.
(d) One will gain the power to speak to animals.
5. In Part I, what does the narrator say world history often seems like?
(a) Glorious revelations of previous generations.
(b) A short respite between national wars.
(c) Humanity's desire to erase its memory.
(d) A waste of time to study.
Short Answer Questions
1. What or who does H.H. wish to save in Part II?
2. What does H.H. say has exaggerated value in Part II?
3. What does the man H.H. follows tell him about life?
4. At the beginning of Part II, who or what else is missing?
5. At the beginning of Part III, how does H.H. remember feeling about his group's undertaking?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)