|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say about Leo at the end of Part I?
(a) He is the holder of Solomon's Key.
(b) He is closer than a brother to the narrator.
(c) He probably knows more than the entire group.
(d) He is very unreliable.
2. What does H.H. says happens when he examines things too closely?
(a) They come into sharp relief.
(b) THey are imprinted forever in his memory.
(c) They slip away and dissolve.
(d) They become a heavy burden.
3. How does H.H.'s recollection of the his earlier journey affect him?
(a) He suddenly remembers where he is.
(b) He says things remain hopeless.
(c) He says everything becomes clear.
(d) He weeps uncontrollably.
4. What does H.H. believe is necessary to be able to write?
(a) A fixed idea.
(b) The truth.
(c) A good ending.
(d) A starting point.
5. What impression do most people have of the League?
(a) It is an ancient group of mystics.
(b) It is one of many newly blossomed cults.
(c) It is a league of wonderous judges.
(d) It is the secret protectors of Christian artifacts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H.H. tell Lukas his current passion is in Part III?
2. What happens to H.H.'s first attempt to tell his story?
3. What does H.H. say the man he follows dedicates himself to?
4. How does H.H. react to the whistling he hears in Part IV?
5. What does the narrator's vow to the League forbid him to do?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)