|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the letter H.H. writes at the end of Part IV.
(a) He writes it to unburden himself.
(b) He exposes the secrets of the League.
(c) It is a request for help.
(d) It is his last will and testament.
2. What time of year does H.H. recall in Part II?
(d) Summer/Bacchus Festival.
3. Who does H.H. say is the whistler?
(a) The old man.
(c) A peacock.
(d) A young girl.
4. What does H.H. say is Lukas' point of view about the journey?
(a) He is a skeptic.
(b) He wishes to go with H.H.
(c) He is opposed to it.
(d) He is a believer.
5. How does H.H. describe the whistling he hears as Part IV opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H.H. say broke down in him as the man moves away?
2. In Part I, what does the narrator say world history often seems like?
3. In Part I, where does the narrator say his happiness arises from?
4. What do the man who live on the third floor do sometimes?
5. In Part I, what does the narrator believe is his great fortune?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)