|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concern does the person H.H. follows express about him?
(a) H.H. looks lost.
(b) H.H. is selfish.
(c) H.H. is hungry.
(d) H.H. is foolish.
2. What do the officials instruct the narrator to do once he is a member of the League?
(a) Meditate and prepare his body and soul to accept the Tao.
(b) Stand vigil over the sacred book for one full day and night.
(c) Attach himself to a group of ten people en route to the expidition.
(d) Fast for forty days to prove he is worthy of the task before him.
3. In Part I, who or what does the narrator meet at the riverside?
(a) Charles the Great.
(b) A talking peacock.
(c) Puss 'n Boots.
4. What does the narrator's vow to the League forbid him to do?
(a) Disclose anything about the League.
(b) Die for the sake of the League.
(c) Advocate for another member if they are courtmartialed.
(d) Communicate anything about his personal experiences.
5. What does H.H. do when the person he is following stops?
(a) He wonders what to do.
(b) He looks away.
(c) He joins him.
(d) He is frightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to H.H., what must the historian do to allow meaning into a narrative?
2. In Part I, what is Longus doing in "the wood"?
3. Who does H.H. write a long letter to when he returns home after his encounter with the man he follows?
4. What does the person H.H. followed say to H.H.?
5. What does H.H. believe is the most memorable event in Part II?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)