|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say is the one paradox that must be accepted?
(a) Love conquers all obstacles.
(b) A fool is wiser than the greatest king.
(c) Life and death are inseparable.
(d) It is necessary to attempt the seemingly impossible.
2. When the person learns H.H. has given up something special, what does he say it is because of?
3. What do the officials instruct the narrator to do once he is a member of the League?
(a) Meditate and prepare his body and soul to accept the Tao.
(b) Fast for forty days to prove he is worthy of the task before him.
(c) Stand vigil over the sacred book for one full day and night.
(d) Attach himself to a group of ten people en route to the expidition.
4. What does the Leader say about "grace" in Part I?
(a) It is regained by repentance.
(b) Once found it cannot be lost.
(c) It is not recognized by common people.
(d) It cannot be bought.
5. In Part III, what does H.H. say is similar to when he first started on his expedition?
(a) His happiness to do something.
(b) His need to find his home.
(c) His determination to meet his goal.
(d) His desire to remain a member of the League.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far has the journey traveled as Part II begins?
2. According to H.H., what must the historian do to allow meaning into a narrative?
3. What does H.H. believe is necessary to be able to write?
4. What does H.H realize about the whistling he hears?
5. What does H.H. tell Lukas about the League?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)