|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H.H. say his belief is susceptible to in Part II?
(a) The success of the journey.
(b) The whims of his emotions.
(c) Many different opions.
(d) The persuasion of the leader.
2. What is the deserter relieved of by the Speaker in Part I?
(a) His vow of silence.
(b) His prayer book.
(c) His personal journal.
(d) His cloak.
3. How does H.H. feel when he answers the person he is following?
4. What has Lukas been a part of?
(a) The League's court.
(b) A journey east.
(c) The World War.
(d) The League's leadership.
5. What do the officials instruct the narrator to do once he is a member of the League?
(a) Meditate and prepare his body and soul to accept the Tao.
(b) Attach himself to a group of ten people en route to the expidition.
(c) Stand vigil over the sacred book for one full day and night.
(d) Fast for forty days to prove he is worthy of the task before him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, what does the narrator say world history often seems like?
2. What does H.H. do when the person he is following stops?
3. What does H.H. says happens when he examines things too closely?
4. What does H.H. feel he has lost at the end of his walk with the man?
5. What is the unanimously observed rule of the group?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)