|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lukas and his friends say about H.H.'s "Journey to the East"?
(a) They say it is a fool's journey.
(b) They do not believe H.H. took the journey.
(c) It is like the Children's Crusade.
(d) They say they admire his journey.
2. What does H.H. believe is the most memorable event in Part II?
(a) The death of the leader.
(b) Their arrival in Italy.
(c) Leo's disappearance.
(d) The disspersion of the League.
3. What does H.H. realize he is really trying to do when Part III ends?
(a) Prove Lukas wrong.
(b) Find the traveler who disappeared on the journey.
(c) Believe in the League again.
(d) Give his life meaning again.
4. According to H.H., what does the disappearance of a particular member threaten?
(a) The future of the League.
(b) The secrecy of the League.
(c) Leo's ability to perform magic.
(d) The value and meaning of everything, even life.
5. What feeling comes over H.H. when he is about to greet the bare-headed man?
(a) He feels at peace.
(b) He feels confused.
(c) A feeling of determination.
(d) A feeling of sadness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man H.H. follows say about knowing people?
2. What time of year does H.H. recall in Part II?
3. In Part I, where does the narrator say his happiness arises from?
4. In Part I, what does the narrator say the conquered nations are ready to believe in?
5. In Part I, how does the narrator describe encounters with different parties?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)