|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H.H. say no longer exists in the group?
(a) The strength to stay on the journey.
(b) The ability to remain in the League.
(c) The desire to reach their individual goals.
(d) The desire to maintain unity.
2. What does Lukas believe cannot be conveyed to even the most serious?
(a) Life's simplest joys.
(b) A real picture of the war.
(c) The understanding of dreams.
(d) The fear of death.
3. Who does H.H. write a long letter to when he returns home after his encounter with the man he follows?
(b) The League.
(c) His lawyer.
4. What does the man H.H. follows say about the League?
(a) The man belongs to it.
(b) He believes it no longer exists.
(c) The man does not know about it.
(d) He believes it is a myth.
5. In Part I, what does the narrator say the conquered nations are ready to believe in?
(a) Their freedom.
(b) Things beyond reality.
(c) A time of great exploration.
(d) Long lasting peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the group camp as Part II begins?
2. In Part I, what is Longus doing in "the wood"?
3. What does Lukas compare H.H.'s experiences on the journey to?
4. According to H.H. what is new to the group in Part II?
5. How does the narrator describe his country at the end of the World War?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)