|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what does H.H. say is the basis of his community in Part II?
(a) The journey.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Enlightenment.
(d) The League.
2. In Part III, what does H.H. say is similar to when he first started on his expedition?
(a) His happiness to do something.
(b) His need to find his home.
(c) His desire to remain a member of the League.
(d) His determination to meet his goal.
3. Mohamed's coffin is believed to hold what magical power?
(a) One receives the ability to judge all men righteously.
(b) One can rise one freely into the air.
(c) One gains immediate entrance into paradise.
(d) One will gain the power to speak to animals.
4. What does Lukas believe is man's strongest hunger?
(a) To forget.
(b) To love.
(c) To kill.
(d) To understand.
5. In Part One, who does the narrator quote as saying, "Where are we really going"?
(a) The narrator.
(b) The poet Novalis.
(d) The League novitiates.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to H.H., what must the historian do to allow meaning into a narrative?
2. What is H.H.'s relationship to Lukas?
3. What does H.H. do when the person he is following stops?
4. What does H.H. say is stronger than reality?
5. What does H.H. say has exaggerated value in Part II?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)