|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part I, how does the narrator describe encounters with different parties?
(a) Different parties are very secretive.
(b) Parties ban together for the rest of the journey.
(c) As difficult and confusing.
(d) As pleasant, festive days.
2. What or who does H.H. say historical events happen to?
(a) The nameless.
(b) The participants.
(c) The future.
(d) The victors.
3. How does H.H. describe certain articles in Part II?
(a) As seemingly indispensable things.
(b) As precious tokens of their journey.
(c) As proofs that the League existed.
(d) As meaningless ornaments of the world.
4. What do the officials instruct the narrator to do once he is a member of the League?
(a) Meditate and prepare his body and soul to accept the Tao.
(b) Stand vigil over the sacred book for one full day and night.
(c) Fast for forty days to prove he is worthy of the task before him.
(d) Attach himself to a group of ten people en route to the expidition.
5. What does the narrator say each member on the Journey East has to have?
(a) Food enough to share with each traveller.
(b) A common goal.
(c) Sturdy boots and clothing.
(d) Their own private goals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lukas believe is man's strongest hunger?
2. In Part One, who does the narrator quote as saying, "Where are we really going"?
3. In Part II, what does H.H. say is the only important thing in his life?
4. What does the narrator say is in the East that disciples are traveling towards?
5. In Part II, what does H.H. say most historians want to do?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)