|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What or who does H.H. wish to save in Part II?
(a) Some records of their great cause.
(b) The League's court decisions.
(c) The Count of Keyserling.
(d) His faith.
2. In Part IV, how does H.H. describe the person who comes out of the house?
(a) A joyful young spirit.
(b) Sickly with sunken cheeks.
(c) Moving easily and quietly.
(d) Od and weary.
3. What does H.H. say broke down in him as the man moves away?
(a) His hope.
(b) His belief in truth.
(c) His understanding of reality.
(d) His self-control.
4. What do the man who live on the third floor do sometimes?
(a) Inerpret Ancient Greek into German.
(b) Teach German.
(c) Pace across the floor all night.
(d) Train and trim dogs.
5. How longs does H.H. say it has been since he saw the traveler who disappeared on the journey east?
(a) Ten years or more.
(b) Less than a year.
(c) He cannot remember.
(d) He thinks four or five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's vow to the League forbid him to do?
2. What does H.H. say separates him from this man he follows?
3. What does H.H. see the person he follows do in Part IV?
4. In Part I, what holds up the journey's progress in a small provincial town?
5. What overcomes H.H. as he and the man he follows continue to converse?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)