|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator do at the end of his probation year in the League?
(a) Chooses a life of poverty and prayer.
(b) Climbs the mystical mountain to study under the League leader.
(c) Pays his dues to become a full member.
(d) Dedicates his body and soul to the Journey East.
2. What does the narrator says is impairing him as he starts his narration early in Part I?
(a) An injury to his head.
(b) An injury to his leg.
(c) His confidence and recollection.
(d) His eyesight.
3. In Part I, what does the narrator believe is his great fortune?
(a) To find a rare map.
(b) To inherit a modest fortune.
(c) To be a gifted writer.
(d) To belong to the League.
4. What does H.H. says happens when he examines things too closely?
(a) They slip away and dissolve.
(b) THey are imprinted forever in his memory.
(c) They become a heavy burden.
(d) They come into sharp relief.
5. How does H.H. feel when he answers the person he is following?
Short Answer Questions
1. What belief does H.H. say he is sadly sure of?
2. What does Lukas suddenly do after describing his experiences?
3. In Part II, what does H.H. say is the only important thing in his life?
4. How does the narrator describe the times early in Part I?
5. In Part II, what does H.H. say most historians want to do?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)