|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lukas believe is man's strongest hunger?
(a) To love.
(b) To forget.
(c) To kill.
(d) To understand.
2. What or who does H.H. wish to save in Part II?
(a) Some records of their great cause.
(b) The League's court decisions.
(c) His faith.
(d) The Count of Keyserling.
3. Who or what does H.H. see behind a big door in Part V?
(a) Mozart the musician.
(b) Klingsor the artist.
(c) Albert Magnus.
(d) Vasudeva the ferryman.
4. What does H.H. say he is told about his follies and failures?
(a) They cannot be dismissed easily.
(b) They are regarded as stupidites.
(c) They are more tremendous than he realized.
(d) His has greatly wronged the League.
5. At the beginning of Part II, who or what else is missing?
(a) Other things from everyone.
(b) Orders from the Caliph.
(c) Instructions from the League Court.
(d) Food needed for the rest of the journey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man H.H. follows tell him about life?
2. What does H.H. say the man he follows dedicates himself to?
3. Who does H.H. say is the whistler?
4. What is the purpose of the letter H.H. writes at the end of Part IV.
5. What does the narrator say is the one paradox that must be accepted?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)