|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Part III, how does H.H. remember feeling about his group's undertaking?
(a) It is a blessing to be a part of.
(b) It is a hopelss task.
(c) It is a pleasant journey.
(d) It is impossible.
2. In Part II, another person on the journey claims what about certain writings?
(a) They are original characters known only by the master.
(b) They are important German writings.
(c) They are writings in French and Hebrew.
(d) They are understood only by League members.
3. What unmerited reputation does the League have in Part I?
(a) They will overthrow the government in India.
(b) They are commisioned by St. Christopher.
(c) They will restore the monarchy.
(d) They will take back the Holy Land.
4. How does the narrator describe all the artists, poets, and musicians among the group in Part I?
(a) Gracious hosts at the feast in Zurich.
(b) Animated yet half-real, half-there.
(c) The chief source of comfort for the group.
(d) Distracting the group from their goal.
5. What does H.H. say the man he follows dedicates himself to?
(a) To be loved and needed.
(b) To be in a balanced relationship with his surroundings.
(c) To understand the true meaning of man.
(d) To reach enlightenment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person think about H.H.?
2. How does H.H. describe the whistling he hears as Part IV opens?
3. What does H.H. believe is necessary to be able to write?
4. In Part I, what does the narrator say that several other authors claim?
5. When the person learns H.H. has given up something special, what does he say it is because of?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)