|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doubts do H.H.'s memory of the journey and participants of the World War share?
(a) Whether others care what happened to them.
(b) Whether their story is worth telling.
(c) Whether or not they really experienced it.
(d) Whether they will ever forget.
2. In Part I, where does the narrator say his happiness arises from?
(a) Being able to see the Sun Mountains.
(b) The freedom to experience everything simultaneously.
(c) Meeting Mozrt and hearing him play.
(d) Arriving at the King of Siam's colony and feasting with him.
3. What does H.H. say needs to be awakened in him?
(a) His hope.
(b) His remorse.
(c) His memory.
(d) His conscience.
4. What does H.H. say is stronger than reality?
5. According to H.H., what must the historian do to allow meaning into a narrative?
(a) Remain as true to the actual events as possible.
(b) Provide a common thread of knowlege for all of history.
(c) Create realistic scenes with vivid imagery.
(d) Invent units, heroes, nations, and ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does H.H. see behind a big door in Part V?
2. What does H.H. say he is told about his follies and failures?
3. What does Lukas say he finally was able to accomplish?
4. What is the deserter relieved of by the Speaker in Part I?
5. Who or what does Leo say fills many rows of seats?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)