|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What belief does H.H. say he is sadly sure of?
(a) The original League document is in Leo's bag.
(b) His friend, Lukas, is a liar.
(c) He will never meet Princess Fatima.
(d) His health will weaken befor the Journey is complete.
2. How does H.H. feel as Leo sings?
(a) Deeply moved.
(b) Astonished by his voice.
(c) Saddened by his song.
(d) Comforted by the melody.
3. What does the deserter wish to do some time later?
(a) Be forgiven and rejoin the League.
(b) Write his memoirs for publication.
(c) Expose the League's secrets.
(d) Gain the confidence of the League Speaker.
4. Who joins H.H. as he listens to the whistling?
(a) An old man.
(c) No one.
(d) His walking companion.
5. Who preserves the memory of Hohenstaufen?
(a) The League Justice.
(b) Urach and Staufen.
(c) The power of the crown gardians.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Part II, how does H.H. say the character's disappearance came about?
2. How does H.H. describe certain articles in Part II?
3. In Part I, what does the narrator believe is his great fortune?
4. What overcomes H.H. as he and the man he follows continue to converse?
5. Where does H.H. first see Leo as Part V opens?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)