|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H.H. say Lukas is known for?
(a) His wisdom.
(b) Writing a journal.
(c) Publishing a book.
(d) HIs poetry.
2. Who or what does H.H. see behind a big door in Part V?
(a) Vasudeva the ferryman.
(b) Klingsor the artist.
(c) Albert Magnus.
(d) Mozart the musician.
3. What is the narrator's life-goal?
(a) To understand the "Tao".
(b) To capture a magical snake.
(c) To win the love of Princess Fatima.
(d) To travel with Roland.
4. How does the narrator describe his country at the end of the World War?
(a) It is enjoying a new prosperity.
(b) It is full of saviors and prophets.
(c) It is under the rule of a strong dictator.
(d) It is settling into a democratic time.
5. What does Lukas say he finally was able to accomplish?
(a) Lose his fear.
(b) Journey to the east.
(c) Write his war book.
(d) Understand H.H.'s situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part II, what does H.H. say he would willing exchange his belief for?
2. How does H.H. say he must approach the task given him in Part V?
3. How far has the journey traveled as Part II begins?
4. How does H.H. feel when he answers the person he is following?
5. What does H.H. say broke down in him as the man moves away?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)