|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is H.H.'s hope as Part II ends?
(a) He will continue his story tomorrow.
(b) He will find the strength to continue his journey.
(c) He will not despair over the loss of his memoirs.
(d) He will be able to forgive the League.
2. What does H.H. realize he is really trying to do when Part III ends?
(a) Give his life meaning again.
(b) Prove Lukas wrong.
(c) Find the traveler who disappeared on the journey.
(d) Believe in the League again.
3. What does H.H. tell Lukas about the League?
(a) It started during the World War.
(b) It understands enlightenment.
(c) It is not a post-war movement.
(d) It is a strict society.
4. What does the person think about H.H.?
(a) He is kind.
(b) He is rude.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is strange.
5. In Part One, who does the narrator quote as saying, "Where are we really going"?
(b) The narrator.
(c) The League novitiates.
(d) The poet Novalis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does H.H. say he scorns at the beginning of Part III?
2. What does H.H. believe is the most memorable event in Part II?
3. What does the narrator say is the one paradox that must be accepted?
4. What does H.H. say no longer exists in the group?
5. What does H.H. say he will do no matter what happens?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)