|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part I, who or what does the narrator meet at the riverside?
(b) Puss 'n Boots.
(c) Charles the Great.
(d) A talking peacock.
2. Where does the group camp as Part II begins?
(a) A meadow in the Alps.
(b) A narrow mountain gorge on the Italian border.
(c) A dark forest in Greece.
(d) In an oasis in the Sahara.
3. At the beginning of Part III, how does H.H. remember feeling about his group's undertaking?
(a) It is a blessing to be a part of.
(b) It is a pleasant journey.
(c) It is impossible.
(d) It is a hopelss task.
4. What does Lukas believe is man's strongest hunger?
(a) To forget.
(b) To kill.
(c) To understand.
(d) To love.
5. Who or what does H.H. see behind a big door in Part V?
(a) Mozart the musician.
(b) Albert Magnus.
(c) Vasudeva the ferryman.
(d) Klingsor the artist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins H.H. as he listens to the whistling?
2. What does the person H.H. followed say to H.H.?
3. What does the man H.H. follows say about knowing people?
4. How does the narrator describe all the artists, poets, and musicians among the group in Part I?
5. What does everyone agree on about a particular document in Part II?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)