|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the group camp as Part II begins?
(a) A narrow mountain gorge on the Italian border.
(b) A meadow in the Alps.
(c) A dark forest in Greece.
(d) In an oasis in the Sahara.
2. Where does H.H. follow the person to in Part IV?
(a) The Legue Court.
(b) Back to Lukas' home.
(c) The League headquarters.
(d) A bench in a park.
3. In Part I, what does the narrator realize about the Journey East?
(a) It is a procession of believers moving towards the East.
(b) It is a single pilgrmage.
(c) It brings full enlightment to each traveler.
(d) It is a long and difficult journey.
4. What does Lukas believe cannot be conveyed to even the most serious?
(a) The fear of death.
(b) The understanding of dreams.
(c) Life's simplest joys.
(d) A real picture of the war.
5. Who or what occupies the narrator's thoughts the most on the journey in Part I?
(a) Solomon's Key.
(c) The Holy Grail.
(d) The Speaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part III, how does Lukas' opinion change concerning H.H.'s problem?
2. How does H.H. feel as Leo sings?
3. In Part I, where does the narrator say his happiness arises from?
4. In Part II, what does H.H. say is very difficult for him to do?
5. What does H.H. ask of the man he follows?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)