|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part I, who or what does the narrator meet at the riverside?
(b) Charles the Great.
(c) A talking peacock.
(d) Puss 'n Boots.
2. What does H.H. believe is the most memorable event in Part II?
(a) Their arrival in Italy.
(b) The death of the leader.
(c) The disspersion of the League.
(d) Leo's disappearance.
3. In Part I, what does the narrator believe is his great fortune?
(a) To find a rare map.
(b) To inherit a modest fortune.
(c) To be a gifted writer.
(d) To belong to the League.
4. Who preserves the memory of Hohenstaufen?
(a) Urach and Staufen.
(c) The power of the crown gardians.
(d) The League Justice.
5. What happens to Leo after he warns H.H. to be patient?
(a) He waits with H.H.
(b) He resumes his singing.
(c) He summons the magistrate.
(d) He disappears suddenly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is H.H.'s relationship to Lukas?
2. What do the officials say to H.H. in Part V?
3. What does the Leader say about "grace" in Part I?
4. In Part I, what holds up the journey's progress in a small provincial town?
5. What is the purpose of the letter H.H. writes at the end of Part IV.
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)