|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H.H. do when the person he is following stops?
(a) He is frightened.
(b) He looks away.
(c) He joins him.
(d) He wonders what to do.
2. What does the narrator say is the one paradox that must be accepted?
(a) Life and death are inseparable.
(b) A fool is wiser than the greatest king.
(c) It is necessary to attempt the seemingly impossible.
(d) Love conquers all obstacles.
3. Who or what does H.H. say is the basis of his community in Part II?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The League.
(c) The journey.
(d) The Enlightenment.
4. When the person learns H.H. has given up something special, what does he say it is because of?
5. What is the deserter relieved of by the Speaker in Part I?
(a) His cloak.
(b) His prayer book.
(c) His personal journal.
(d) His vow of silence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H.H. say has been his test?
2. What does H.H. believe is the most memorable event in Part II?
3. What does the deserter wish to do some time later?
4. What does H.H. say needs to be awakened in him?
5. As Part III opens, what is H.H. trying to find his way through?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)