|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to H.H.'s first attempt to tell his story?
(a) He is too sad to remember the events.
(b) He loses his journal.
(c) He is brought to a halt by a single, small episode.
(d) He believes the journey is not worth remembering.
2. What does H.H. say has exaggerated value in Part II?
(a) The power of the League.
(b) A missing document.
(c) The success of the journey.
(d) Lukas' description of the World War.
3. What doubts do H.H.'s memory of the journey and participants of the World War share?
(a) Whether their story is worth telling.
(b) Whether others care what happened to them.
(c) Whether or not they really experienced it.
(d) Whether they will ever forget.
4. How does H.H. describe certain articles in Part II?
(a) As proofs that the League existed.
(b) As seemingly indispensable things.
(c) As precious tokens of their journey.
(d) As meaningless ornaments of the world.
5. How does H.H. describe his demeanor in Part II?
(a) He is restless.
(b) He has feelings of sadness and doubt.
(c) He becomes determined to succeed.
(d) He becomes angry and sullen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Part II, how does H.H. say the character's disappearance came about?
2. In Part II, what does H.H. say he would willing exchange his belief for?
3. In Part I, what holds up the journey's progress in a small provincial town?
4. In Part II, another person on the journey claims what about certain writings?
5. What does the Leader say about "grace" in Part I?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)