|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins H.H. as he listens to the whistling?
(b) No one.
(c) An old man.
(d) His walking companion.
2. What or who does H.H. wish to save in Part II?
(a) The Count of Keyserling.
(b) Some records of their great cause.
(c) His faith.
(d) The League's court decisions.
3. What does Lukas say H.H. keeps coming back to?
(a) His episode with Leo.
(b) Leo's Christian nature.
(c) His conversations about the League.
(d) His nightmares.
4. What doubts do H.H.'s memory of the journey and participants of the World War share?
(a) Whether others care what happened to them.
(b) Whether or not they really experienced it.
(c) Whether their story is worth telling.
(d) Whether they will ever forget.
5. What has Lukas been a part of?
(a) The League's leadership.
(b) The World War.
(c) A journey east.
(d) The League's court.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does H.H. follow the person to in Part IV?
2. What does the person H.H. followed say to H.H.?
3. In Part II, what does H.H. say is the only important thing in his life?
4. In Part IV, how does H.H. describe the person who comes out of the house?
5. According to H.H., what must the historian do to allow meaning into a narrative?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)