|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to H.H., what must the historian do to allow meaning into a narrative?
(a) Provide a common thread of knowlege for all of history.
(b) Create realistic scenes with vivid imagery.
(c) Remain as true to the actual events as possible.
(d) Invent units, heroes, nations, and ideas.
2. What does H.H. do when the person he is following stops?
(a) He joins him.
(b) He looks away.
(c) He is frightened.
(d) He wonders what to do.
3. In Part II, what does H.H. say is the only important thing in his life?
(a) Writing his memoirs.
(b) The Conquest of the Ottoman Empire.
(c) The love of Fatima.
(d) The League's Journey East.
4. How many conversations does H.H. say he and Lukas have?
(a) Two long discussions.
(b) He doesn't say.
(c) One brief encounter.
(d) They converse daily.
5. What does Lukas believe is man's strongest hunger?
(a) To understand.
(b) To love.
(c) To kill.
(d) To forget.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that H.H. says a historian searches for in events?
2. What do the man who live on the third floor do sometimes?
3. At the beginning of Part III, how does H.H. remember feeling about his group's undertaking?
4. What does Lukas believe cannot be conveyed to even the most serious?
5. What does Lukas say he finally was able to accomplish?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)