|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lukas believe is man's strongest hunger?
(a) To kill.
(b) To love.
(c) To forget.
(d) To understand.
2. How far has the journey traveled as Part II begins?
(a) Almost to the Pyramids of Egypt.
(b) To the woods of Lindhorst.
(c) Through half of Europe and a portion of the Middle Ages.
(d) Beyond the Alps into Ancient Macedonia.
3. What does H.H. see the person he follows do in Part IV?
(a) Share a meal with Lukas.
(b) Have tea with Leo.
(c) Have a drink with the League Leader.
(d) Enjoy something to eat.
4. How does H.H. describe his demeanor in Part II?
(a) He is restless.
(b) He becomes angry and sullen.
(c) He becomes determined to succeed.
(d) He has feelings of sadness and doubt.
5. What does H.H. say he used to be?
(a) An historian.
(b) A writer.
(c) A musician.
(d) A League member.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lukas say H.H. keeps coming back to?
2. What happens to H.H.'s first attempt to tell his story?
3. What does the person H.H. followed say to H.H.?
4. At the beginning of Part II, who or what else is missing?
5. According to H.H., what must the historian do to allow meaning into a narrative?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)