|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H.H. says happens when he examines things too closely?
(a) THey are imprinted forever in his memory.
(b) They come into sharp relief.
(c) They slip away and dissolve.
(d) They become a heavy burden.
2. What leads to heated arguments within the group at the beginning of Part II?
(a) The possible loss of an important document.
(b) H.H.'s very bad temper.
(c) The leader's inablilty to gain the group's confidence.
(d) Whether or not to continue the journey.
3. What is it that H.H. says a historian searches for in events?
(a) The center, the common standpoint.
(b) The truth.
(c) The relevance of the event.
(d) The importance of the matter.
4. What does H.H. ask of the man he follows?
(a) To guide him.
(b) To be forgiven.
(c) To be blessed.
(d) For pity.
5. At the beginning of Part IV, how many times has H.H. been to Seilergraben?
(b) Twenty times or more.
(c) He isn't sure.
(d) Every day for months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H.H. do as the man he follows walks away?
2. What or who does H.H. wish to save in Part II?
3. At the beginning of Part II, who or what else is missing?
4. What does H.H realize about the whistling he hears?
5. What does H.H. say no longer exists in the group?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)