|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H.H. say is stronger than reality?
2. At the beginning of Part IV, how many times has H.H. been to Seilergraben?
(a) Every day for months.
(c) Twenty times or more.
(d) He isn't sure.
3. How far has the journey traveled as Part II begins?
(a) To the woods of Lindhorst.
(b) Almost to the Pyramids of Egypt.
(c) Beyond the Alps into Ancient Macedonia.
(d) Through half of Europe and a portion of the Middle Ages.
4. What leads to heated arguments within the group at the beginning of Part II?
(a) The leader's inablilty to gain the group's confidence.
(b) H.H.'s very bad temper.
(c) Whether or not to continue the journey.
(d) The possible loss of an important document.
5. Who or what does H.H. say he scorns at the beginning of Part III?
(a) His mentor.
(b) HIs memories.
(c) All evasion.
(d) The League.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the many new movements of the post-war years?
2. According to H.H., what must the historian do to allow meaning into a narrative?
3. What or who does the person say a violin reminds him of?
4. What happens to H.H.'s first attempt to tell his story?
5. What does H.H. say broke down in him as the man moves away?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)