|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part III, how does H.H. say he first approaches his goal?
2. Who is the person H.H. has been following and speaking to in Part IV?
(c) An old man.
3. What does Lukas believe cannot be conveyed to even the most serious?
(a) The fear of death.
(b) Life's simplest joys.
(c) The understanding of dreams.
(d) A real picture of the war.
4. In Part II, what does H.H. say he would willing exchange his belief for?
(a) A more hopeful belief.
(b) A chance to see the Christ child.
(c) A chance to converse with Siddhartha.
(d) A chance to go home.
5. What does H.H. say psychologist are?
(a) People who always win arguments.
(b) People who traffic in dreams.
(c) Practioners of the unconscious.
(d) Egotistical maniacs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What overcomes H.H. as he and the man he follows continue to converse?
2. What does H.H. says happens when he examines things too closely?
3. When the person learns H.H. has given up something special, what does he say it is because of?
4. According to H.H., what must the historian do to allow meaning into a narrative?
5. How does H.H. describe certain articles in Part II?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)