|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan impresses Castaneda with his knowledge of the life habits of _____________.
2. Castaneda admits that on ____________ occasions when he stood on a space Don Juan deemed bad, he felt ill.
3. What can a person do when a person learns how to stop the world, according to Don Juan?
4. Don Juan tells Castaneda that ____________ are not enough to learn about peyote.
5. What kind of song does Don Juan begin to hum as he talks about the idea that one of them must change?
Short Essay Questions
1. What must Castaneda learn in order to know where to place the traps he is going to make?
2. What is Don Juan's assessment of Castaneda's feelings about himself and how they will affect his learning?
3. What is Don Juan's response when Castaneda tells him he will pay Don Juan appropriately for the lessons he will learn?
4. When Castaneda goes to visit Don Juan in December of 1960, what question does he ask Don Juan upon his arrival?
5. What does Don Juan instruct Castaneda to do when they are hiking and Castaneda just wants to rest?
6. What does Don Juan say the wind's identity truly is, rather than just being a part of nature's actions?
7. What does Don Juan want Castaneda to see in his eyes when he commands him to look at him?
8. What must Castaneda do in order to become accessible to power, according to Don Juan?
9. Don Juan shares something about the crow cawing, something that surprised it about its cawing - what surprised him?
10. What is Castaneda's response to Don Juan's question about why he was lying when they first met.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout this story are various omens that are meant to show Castaneda things about himself.
Part 1: Why are omens important in this story?
Part 2: Which omen is most important to Castaneda's learning? Why?
Part 3: Why do you think the crow continues to show up for Castaneda in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Most people believe they need to be more accessible than to be less accessible to others, but Don Juan disagrees.
Part 1: Why is it important to be inaccessible to others? What are the benefits?
Part 2: Why is it harmful to be too accessible to others? What are the negatives associated with this practice?
Part 3: What do you think? Do you think accessibility should be restricted? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Assuming responsibility seems to be one of the first steps a person must take in the journey to self power and self awareness.
Part 1: Why is responsibility important to assume in one's life?
Part 2: Why is it important for Castaneda to learn more about responsibility?
Part 3: What might happen if Castaneda never assumed responsibility?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)