|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan tells Castaneda not to ___________ in fear, though Castaneda is very afraid as he travels to make himself accessible to power.
2. What kind of animal does Don Juan talk about having chased during his life?
3. The fact that __________ is stalking Castaneda leaves no room for doubt or for remorse.
(b) La Catalina
4. Don Juan says that Castaneda is too __________ and should start to erase himself.
5. The two men must keep talking because the human voice will attract ___________ to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Castaneda admits that on ____________ occasions when he stood on a space Don Juan deemed bad, he felt ill.
2. Don Juan tells Castaneda that if they had kept more of the animals, the shrubs and the other animals would have united to __________.
3. Castaneda concedes that Don Juan does not ____________ anything of him.
4. What does Don Juan do when he tells Castaneda that he is always angry and righteous?
5. Don Juan decides that Castaneda has a knack for ________________ and that is what he will be taught when they meet.
Short Essay Questions
1. Don Juan says it is not enough to know how to make or to set traps. What does one have to do in order to change?
2. What does Don Juan do when he sees that Castaneda is not standing in a good spot?
3. What does Don Juan's intimidating glance cause Castaneda to do before he approaches him again?
4. What does Don Juan instruct Castaneda to do when they are hiking and Castaneda just wants to rest?
5. How does one find the proper place to rest, according to the lessons of Don Juan?
6. What does Castaneda think of the way that Don Juan lives?
7. What is the point of the loud siren sounds that Don Juan begins to make at Castaneda?
8. Why is Carlos Castaneda seeking the lessons of Don Juan in this book?
9. What does Don Juan say is the reason why Castaneda is not quenched by walking with his fingers curled or of the leaves?
10. When Castaneda goes to visit Don Juan in December of 1960, what question does he ask Don Juan upon his arrival?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)