|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The fact that __________ is stalking Castaneda leaves no room for doubt or for remorse.
(b) La Catalina
2. According to Don Juan, the key to becoming a hunter is to want to ____________.
(d) Track someone else
3. What kind of student is Carlos Castaneda when he goes to meet with Don Juan?
4. Don Juan orders Castaneda to go talk to some ____________ in a loud and clear voice.
5. Don Juan lets Castaneda know that he has no ____________, which confuses Castaneda.
(d) Personal history
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan says that the only thing indispensable to their work together is __________.
2. Castaneda tells Don Juan that he is a _____________ and that cannot be changed.
3. What do the animals they are watching do once they lose their predators in a chase?
4. What does Don Juan do when he tells Castaneda that he is always angry and righteous?
5. Don Juan is acting in a crazy manner because he tells Castaneda that he always worries about __________, even if he is not hungry.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Don Juan's response to Castaneda's attempts to try to fill in a genealogy chart for Don Juan?
2. What does Don Juan say to Castaneda when he asks how someone can drop his personal history?
3. Don Juan shares something about the crow cawing, something that surprised it about its cawing - what surprised him?
4. Don Juan says that some people live happily because of one thing - what is this one state of mind?
5. What does Don Juan do with the five quails that the two men capture during the day?
6. What does Don Juan say is the reason why Castaneda is not quenched by walking with his fingers curled or of the leaves?
7. What would have happened if Don Juan had kept all of the quails they had captured?
8. What is Don Juan's assessment of Castaneda's feelings about himself and how they will affect his learning?
9. How does Don Juan respond to the statement by Castaneda that he is a Yaqui Indian and he cannot deny that?
10. What must Castaneda learn in order to know where to place the traps he is going to make?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)