|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan does not believe that Castaneda is trying to ___________. He believes Castaneda's life is just as bad as when they met.
2. Don Juan explains that _____________ is what makes a creature magical.
3. Don Juan says that the only thing indispensable to their work together is __________.
(a) The money
(b) The spirit
(c) The will
(d) The plants
4. According to Don Juan, the key to becoming a hunter is to want to ____________.
(c) Track someone else
5. Don Juan orders Castaneda to go talk to some ____________ in a loud and clear voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Castaneda concedes that Don Juan does not ____________ anything of him.
2. Don Juan decides that Castaneda has a knack for ________________ and that is what he will be taught when they meet.
3. Which appliance makes a noise which Don Juan interprets as agreement?
4. If Castaneda wants to learn about plants, according to Don Juan, he must change his __________.
5. Castaneda can't believe Don Juan takes ____________ as reality.
Short Essay Questions
1. What must Castaneda do in order to become accessible to power, according to Don Juan?
2. What does Don Juan say is the reason why Castaneda is not quenched by walking with his fingers curled or of the leaves?
3. What does Don Juan do with the five quails that the two men capture during the day?
4. What is the lesson of this chapter for Castaneda, according to Don Juan?
5. What does Castaneda think of the way that Don Juan lives?
6. When Castaneda goes to visit Don Juan in December of 1960, what question does he ask Don Juan upon his arrival?
7. What is Castaneda's mistake in not becoming an artist as he wanted to be, according to Don Juan?
8. What does Don Juan reveal to be the true identity of the dog that Castaneda saw during his peyote experience?
9. Don Juan says that some people live happily because of one thing - what is this one state of mind?
10. Don Juan shares something about the crow cawing, something that surprised it about its cawing - what surprised him?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)