|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan tells Castaneda that his last girlfriend left him because he was too ______________.
2. If Castaneda wants to learn about plants, according to Don Juan, he must change his __________.
3. Where is Castaneda told to look for a special spot where he can find benefit?
(a) Living room
4. What is the cause of Castaneda's ill feelings at the beginning of this chapter?
(b) Jimsom Weed
5. What does Castaneda continue to bring up, even though Don Juan never seems to answer him?
(a) His father
(b) The car
(d) His book
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan tells Castaneda to ____________ if it will put him at ease after his experience with the plant medicine.
2. When Carlos Castaneda goes to work with Don Juan Matus, what does he want to study?
3. What has Don Juan built around himself in an effort to prevent others from knowing what he is or what he does?
4. Castaneda wants to know what Don Juan has ___________ to him since no one else knew about that bird.
5. What can a person do when a person learns how to stop the world, according to Don Juan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Juan reveal to be the true identity of the dog that Castaneda saw during his peyote experience?
2. What is Castaneda's response to Don Juan's question about why he was lying when they first met.
3. What is the point of the loud siren sounds that Don Juan begins to make at Castaneda?
4. What is Don Juan's response when Castaneda tells him he will pay Don Juan appropriately for the lessons he will learn?
5. What does Don Juan do when he sees that Castaneda is not standing in a good spot?
6. What did Castaneda's father promise to do when he was young, though he never followed through on this promise?
7. What does Don Juan say is the reason why Castaneda is not quenched by walking with his fingers curled or of the leaves?
8. What does Don Juan do when the percolator makes a loud noise in response to something Don Juan says?
9. When the wind makes itself known to the men, what is the only way it seems to be able to die down?
10. What does Don Juan have to say about the process of learning about peyote?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)