|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For Castaneda to find the proper place, he will need to learn to _______________.
(a) Sleep in silence
(b) Listen to his heart
(c) Cross his eyes
(d) Make friends with the wind
2. When a rock crashes down a hill nearby, Don Juan tells Castaneda that it is an _____________
3. What is the animal Castaneda interacted with when he was under the influence of the peyote?
4. What does Castaneda pull out that he wants to fill in with Don Juan while he is with him?
(a) Progress notes
(b) Photo album
(c) Medical record
(d) Genealogy chart
5. Castaneda is frustrated that it seems to be okay for Don Juan to ___________ but it's wrong for Castaneda to do so.
(a) Eat plants
Short Answer Questions
1. Castaneda wants to know what Don Juan has ___________ to him since no one else knew about that bird.
2. Castaneda does not agree with his friend because Don Juan demonstrates an ability to _________ him too accurately.
3. Don Juan tells Castaneda that ____________ is our constant companion.
4. Don Juan states that when one has no personal history, no _____________ are needed anymore.
5. Don Juan decides that Castaneda has a knack for ________________ and that is what he will be taught when they meet.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Castaneda's father promise to do when he was young, though he never followed through on this promise?
2. What does Don Juan's intimidating glance cause Castaneda to do before he approaches him again?
3. What is the point of the loud siren sounds that Don Juan begins to make at Castaneda?
4. The idea that Castaneda seems to be a 'chosen man' perplexes Don Juan, but what does it mean Don Juan needs to do?
5. How does one find the proper place to rest, according to the lessons of Don Juan?
6. What does Castaneda think of the way that Don Juan lives?
7. What does Don Juan do when the percolator makes a loud noise in response to something Don Juan says?
8. What does Don Juan reveal to be the true identity of the dog that Castaneda saw during his peyote experience?
9. What is Don Juan's assessment of Castaneda's feelings about himself and how they will affect his learning?
10. Don Juan shares something about the crow cawing, something that surprised it about its cawing - what surprised him?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)