|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan believes the _____________ is looking for Castaneda.
(d) Peyote spirit
2. What does Castaneda continue to bring up, even though Don Juan never seems to answer him?
(a) The car
(b) His book
(c) His father
3. What causes Castaneda to study for a longer period of time before working with Don Juan?
(a) Lack of will
(b) Lack of money
(c) A glance from Don Juan
(d) His friend
4. While Don Juan calls Castaneda's body stupid and young, he corrects the term stupid and replaces it with __________.
5. When Don Juan takes Castaneda on a hike, he tells him that plants can _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Castaneda believes his father was __________ because he never carried through any plan.
2. How many months of extra research does Castaneda do in preparation for his work with Don Juan?
3. What does Don Juan say he called his father when he was in his life?
4. Castaneda concedes he is considered ________________, even though he never lies.
5. Don Juan tells Castaneda it takes a long time to learn about ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Juan have to say about the process of learning about peyote?
2. What needs to happen in order for Don Juan to know Castaneda is ready to hunt power?
3. When the wind makes itself known to the men, what is the only way it seems to be able to die down?
4. When Castaneda goes to visit Don Juan in December of 1960, what question does he ask Don Juan upon his arrival?
5. Don Juan shares something about the crow cawing, something that surprised it about its cawing - what surprised him?
6. What is Castaneda's mistake in not becoming an artist as he wanted to be, according to Don Juan?
7. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda about his feelings of remorse about his own life?
8. What must Castaneda do in order to become accessible to power, according to Don Juan?
9. What is the lesson of this chapter for Castaneda, according to Don Juan?
10. What is the benefit of Castaneda paying Don Juan for his services and for his lessons?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)