|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Don Juan takes Castaneda on a hike, he tells him that plants can _______.
2. Don Juan tells Castaneda the first time he saw him, he ________ that Castaneda was lying.
3. When Don Juan tells Castaneda to look into his eyes, what does Castaneda report that he feels when he does?
4. Where is Castaneda told to look for a special spot where he can find benefit?
(a) Living room
5. Don Juan tells Castaneda his eyes will make him ____________ a good resting place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan tells Castaneda it is important that Castaneda not __________ him.
2. What does Castaneda complain about, though Don Juan tells him they are not important?
3. Don Juan states that when one has no personal history, no _____________ are needed anymore.
4. Don Juan says that Castaneda is like prey that is ___________ to predict.
5. For Castaneda to find the proper place, he will need to learn to _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Carlos Castaneda seeking the lessons of Don Juan in this book?
2. What is Don Juan's assessment of Castaneda's feelings about himself and how they will affect his learning?
3. What would have happened if Don Juan had kept all of the quails they had captured?
4. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda to never do while he is walking?
5. Who is the funny bird that Don Juan wants Castaneda to remember from his youth?
6. What is Don Juan's response when Castaneda tells him he will pay Don Juan appropriately for the lessons he will learn?
7. What does Don Juan want Castaneda to see in his eyes when he commands him to look at him?
8. What does Don Juan say is the reason why Castaneda is not quenched by walking with his fingers curled or of the leaves?
9. What is Castaneda's response to Don Juan's question about why he was lying when they first met.
10. What does Don Juan have to say about the process of learning about peyote?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)