|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan believes the _____________ is looking for Castaneda.
(d) Peyote spirit
2. The crow that cawed earlier in the story was not cawing for Don Juan, it was cawing for ______________.
(b) La Catalina
(c) Don Geralo
(d) Castaneda's friend
3. What does the animal do with Don Juan which makes Castaneda not believe his story?
(b) Drink coffee
(d) Push him
4. What did Don Juan save Castaneda from when he drags him away after charging at him?
(a) Wrong spot
(b) Snake omen
(d) Wind spirit
5. What does Castaneda eat, though it nauseates him and Don Juan laughs hysterically as he does eat this creature?
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan tells Castaneda not to ___________ in fear, though Castaneda is very afraid as he travels to make himself accessible to power.
2. What is an entity with a will of its own which Don Juan and Castaneda are trying to hide from?
3. What does Castaneda want to bring with him when he sees Don Juan?
4. Don Juan tells Castaneda that ____________ are not enough to learn about peyote.
5. The friend of Castaneda who put him in touch with Don Juan thinks the Indian is _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Juan say the wind's identity truly is, rather than just being a part of nature's actions?
2. What is Don Juan's response to Castaneda's attempts to try to fill in a genealogy chart for Don Juan?
3. What does Don Juan do when the percolator makes a loud noise in response to something Don Juan says?
4. What is Castaneda's mistake in not becoming an artist as he wanted to be, according to Don Juan?
5. What does Don Juan instruct Castaneda to do when they are hiking and Castaneda just wants to rest?
6. Why is Carlos Castaneda seeking the lessons of Don Juan in this book?
7. How does one find the proper place to rest, according to the lessons of Don Juan?
8. Why doesn't Castaneda feel well at the beginning of this chapter?
9. Don Juan says that some people live happily because of one thing - what is this one state of mind?
10. What must Castaneda learn in order to know where to place the traps he is going to make?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)