|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The crow that cawed earlier in the story was not cawing for Don Juan, it was cawing for ______________.
(b) Don Geralo
(c) La Catalina
(d) Castaneda's friend
2. Don Juan tells Castaneda that if they had kept more of the animals, the shrubs and the other animals would have united to __________.
(a) Kill them
(b) Hide them
(c) Stop them
(d) Warn them
3. When Don Juan tells Castaneda to look into his eyes, what does Castaneda report that he feels when he does?
4. Don Juan tells Castaneda it is important that Castaneda not __________ him.
(a) Agree with
(b) Listen to
5. What does Castaneda lose track of as he begins to follow the lessons of Don Juan during the morning?
(a) His thirst
(b) His notebook
(c) His bag
Short Answer Questions
1. Who once promised to take Castaneda swimming every day at 6:00 AM, but never did?
2. Don Juan tells Castaneda that one has to live like a ___________ in order to set traps.
3. Don Juan orders Castaneda to go talk to some ____________ in a loud and clear voice.
4. Did Castaneda shoot the revered bird when it was in his line of sight?
5. Don Juan wants to know if Castaneda is thinking of a ___________ when he looks into his eyes.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Don Juan's explanation for the look he gave Castaneda when he first met him?
2. Don Juan says that some people live happily because of one thing - what is this one state of mind?
3. What does Castaneda think of the way that Don Juan lives?
4. How does one find the proper place to rest, according to the lessons of Don Juan?
5. Why is Carlos Castaneda seeking the lessons of Don Juan in this book?
6. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda to never do while he is walking?
7. What is the point of the loud siren sounds that Don Juan begins to make at Castaneda?
8. What does Don Juan reveal to be the true identity of the dog that Castaneda saw during his peyote experience?
9. Don Juan shares something about the crow cawing, something that surprised it about its cawing - what surprised him?
10. What does Don Juan want Castaneda to see in his eyes when he commands him to look at him?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)