|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan believes that Castaneda thinks he is _______________ enough to be annoyed at everything.
2. Don Juan tells Castaneda that his last girlfriend left him because he was too ______________.
3. Castaneda can't believe Don Juan takes ____________ as reality.
(a) Medicine journeys
(d) Vision quests
4. Don Juan says that Castaneda is too __________ and should start to erase himself.
5. What kind of farm did Castaneda's grandfather own when he was a boy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan believes the _____________ is looking for Castaneda.
2. What do the animals they are watching do once they lose their predators in a chase?
3. When Carlos Castaneda goes to work with Don Juan Matus, what does he want to study?
4. What does Don Juan do to indicate that lunch time is over, confusing Castaneda?
5. How many animals do Don Juan and Castaneda catch by the end of the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Don Juan shares something about the crow cawing, something that surprised it about its cawing - what surprised him?
2. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda to never do while he is walking?
3. When the wind makes itself known to the men, what is the only way it seems to be able to die down?
4. What does Don Juan have to say about the process of learning about peyote?
5. The idea that Castaneda seems to be a 'chosen man' perplexes Don Juan, but what does it mean Don Juan needs to do?
6. How does one find the proper place to rest, according to the lessons of Don Juan?
7. Why does Castaneda think Don Juan is crazy, like his friend seems to believe?
8. Why is Carlos Castaneda seeking the lessons of Don Juan in this book?
9. Who is the funny bird that Don Juan wants Castaneda to remember from his youth?
10. What does Don Juan say the wind's identity truly is, rather than just being a part of nature's actions?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)