|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Don Juan calls Castaneda's body stupid and young, he corrects the term stupid and replaces it with __________.
2. Don Juan says that he will teach Castaneda to be a ___________, though that might not make him one.
(a) Teacher of others
(d) Medicine man
3. When the two men meet again, Don Juan points out that Castaneda has not ____________.
(b) Told the truth
4. Castaneda is frustrated that it seems to be okay for Don Juan to ___________ but it's wrong for Castaneda to do so.
(a) Eat plants
5. The fact that __________ is stalking Castaneda leaves no room for doubt or for remorse.
(b) La Catalina
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan believes the _____________ is looking for Castaneda.
2. Don Juan says that the only thing indispensable to their work together is __________.
3. When one shifts the way he looks at the world, he can have a double ___________ of the world.
4. Don Juan tells Castaneda that if they had kept more of the animals, the shrubs and the other animals would have united to __________.
5. Which appliance makes a noise which Don Juan interprets as agreement?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Castaneda goes to visit Don Juan in December of 1960, what question does he ask Don Juan upon his arrival?
2. What must Castaneda do in order to become accessible to power, according to Don Juan?
3. How does one find the proper place to rest, according to the lessons of Don Juan?
4. What does Don Juan have to say about the process of learning about peyote?
5. What is the point of the loud siren sounds that Don Juan begins to make at Castaneda?
6. What is Don Juan's assessment of Castaneda's feelings about himself and how they will affect his learning?
7. What is Castaneda's mistake in not becoming an artist as he wanted to be, according to Don Juan?
8. Don Juan shares something about the crow cawing, something that surprised it about its cawing - what surprised him?
9. What would have happened if Don Juan had kept all of the quails they had captured?
10. How does Don Juan respond to the statement by Castaneda that he is a Yaqui Indian and he cannot deny that?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)