|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan tells Castaneda that ____________ is our constant companion.
(b) Plant life
(d) The bird message
2. Don Juan tells Castaneda it takes a long time to learn about ___________.
3. When a man takes responsibility for his decisions, he can move ahead without ___________ or remorse.
4. When Don Juan tells Castaneda to look into his eyes, what does Castaneda report that he feels when he does?
5. Castaneda's mistake in not seeing his dream come to life is that Castaneda always thinks he has plenty of __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Castaneda believes his father was __________ because he never carried through any plan.
2. Castaneda reminds Don Juan he is willing to __________, which means he can ask anything he wants.
3. Don Juan tells Castaneda that if they had kept more of the animals, the shrubs and the other animals would have united to __________.
4. Don Juan tells Castaneda to ____________ if it will put him at ease after his experience with the plant medicine.
5. Don Juan lets Castaneda know that he has no ____________, which confuses Castaneda.
Short Essay Questions
1. Don Juan shares something about the crow cawing, something that surprised it about its cawing - what surprised him?
2. What is Don Juan's assessment of Castaneda's feelings about himself and how they will affect his learning?
3. What must Castaneda do in order to become accessible to power, according to Don Juan?
4. What is the benefit of Castaneda paying Don Juan for his services and for his lessons?
5. What must Castaneda learn in order to know where to place the traps he is going to make?
6. When Castaneda goes to visit Don Juan in December of 1960, what question does he ask Don Juan upon his arrival?
7. What is the point of the loud siren sounds that Don Juan begins to make at Castaneda?
8. When the wind makes itself known to the men, what is the only way it seems to be able to die down?
9. Why is Carlos Castaneda seeking the lessons of Don Juan in this book?
10. What does Don Juan point out about the water rats they observe the entire morning?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)