|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because of Castaneda's experience with the peyote spirit, Don Juan points out he is a ____________.
(a) Chosen man
(c) Medicine man
2. When Don Juan takes Castaneda on a hike, he tells him that plants can _______.
3. Agreement is not enough, according to Don Juan, he should instead ____________ instantly.
(d) Be grateful
4. Don Juan states that when one has no personal history, no _____________ are needed anymore.
5. What does Don Juan say he called his father when he was in his life?
(a) Man of knowledge
(b) Don Juan
(d) Don Juarez
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Castaneda lose track of as he begins to follow the lessons of Don Juan during the morning?
2. Don Juan is acting in a crazy manner because he tells Castaneda that he always worries about __________, even if he is not hungry.
3. What did Castaneda want to be, but never saw fully realized in his life?
4. When a rock crashes down a hill nearby, Don Juan tells Castaneda that it is an _____________
5. The two men must keep talking because the human voice will attract ___________ to them.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Don Juan respond to the statement by Castaneda that he is a Yaqui Indian and he cannot deny that?
2. What is Don Juan's response to Castaneda's attempts to try to fill in a genealogy chart for Don Juan?
3. What does Don Juan do when the percolator makes a loud noise in response to something Don Juan says?
4. What does Castaneda think of the way that Don Juan lives?
5. What does Don Juan reveal to be the true identity of the dog that Castaneda saw during his peyote experience?
6. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda to never do while he is walking?
7. What must Castaneda do in order to become accessible to power, according to Don Juan?
8. What would have happened if Don Juan had kept all of the quails they had captured?
9. What did Castaneda's father promise to do when he was young, though he never followed through on this promise?
10. Don Juan says that some people live happily because of one thing - what is this one state of mind?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)