|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan points out that Castaneda walks in a ___________ way and that it will harm his learning.
2. What does Castaneda want to bring with him when he sees Don Juan?
(a) Another medicine man
(d) Camera and recorder
3. What can a person do when a person learns how to stop the world, according to Don Juan?
(a) They can fly
(b) The world can collapse
(c) They can change the future
(d) They can bring back the dead
4. Don Juan and Castaneda climb a mountain and Don Juan says they must behave as __________ as possible.
5. What did Don Juan save Castaneda from when he drags him away after charging at him?
(a) Snake omen
(c) Wind spirit
(d) Wrong spot
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the animal Castaneda interacted with when he was under the influence of the peyote?
2. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda to eat when he is sitting in the sunlight?
3. What does the animal do with Don Juan which makes Castaneda not believe his story?
4. When a rock crashes down a hill nearby, Don Juan tells Castaneda that it is an _____________
5. A creature that is impossible to track is something that happens ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so magical about a creature that cannot be tracked by ordinary means?
2. What does Don Juan want Castaneda to see in his eyes when he commands him to look at him?
3. Don Juan says that some people live happily because of one thing - what is this one state of mind?
4. What does Don Juan do with the five quails that the two men capture during the day?
5. What does Don Juan point out about the water rats they observe the entire morning?
6. What is the benefit of Castaneda paying Don Juan for his services and for his lessons?
7. What does Don Genero use to make a kite, confusing Castaneda's perception of how a kite should work?
8. What is the yellow formation that Castaneda sees, making him feel slightly ill in the process?
9. What is the point of the loud siren sounds that Don Juan begins to make at Castaneda?
10. What does Don Juan say is the reason why Castaneda is not quenched by walking with his fingers curled or of the leaves?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)