|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan tells Castaneda that one has to live like a ___________ in order to set traps.
2. What kind of animal does Don Juan talk about having chased during his life?
3. Castaneda's mistake in not seeing his dream come to life is that Castaneda always thinks he has plenty of __________.
4. How many animals do Don Juan and Castaneda catch by the end of the day?
5. Don Juan states that when one has no personal history, no _____________ are needed anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Castaneda checks with Don Juan to make sure he is not interrupting his ____________.
2. Because of Castaneda's experience with the peyote spirit, Don Juan points out he is a ____________.
3. What flies overhead, making Castaneda laugh without any clear reason?
4. Agreement is not enough, according to Don Juan, he should instead ____________ instantly.
5. What does Don Juan say he called his father when he was in his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the funny bird that Don Juan wants Castaneda to remember from his youth?
2. What does Don Juan's intimidating glance cause Castaneda to do before he approaches him again?
3. What does Don Juan do with the five quails that the two men capture during the day?
4. What is Don Juan's response to Castaneda's attempts to try to fill in a genealogy chart for Don Juan?
5. What does Don Juan reveal to be the true identity of the dog that Castaneda saw during his peyote experience?
6. What must Castaneda learn in order to know where to place the traps he is going to make?
7. How does one find the proper place to rest, according to the lessons of Don Juan?
8. What is the benefit of Castaneda paying Don Juan for his services and for his lessons?
9. What does Don Juan do when the percolator makes a loud noise in response to something Don Juan says?
10. What would have happened if Don Juan had kept all of the quails they had captured?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)