|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda when he begins to drink his water, saying it will quench his thirst?
2. Don Juan tells Castaneda not to ___________ in fear, though Castaneda is very afraid as he travels to make himself accessible to power.
3. Don Juan tells Castaneda to lie between two _______ and to cover himself with branches.
4. What does Castaneda lose track of as he begins to follow the lessons of Don Juan during the morning?
(a) His thirst
(b) His notebook
(d) His bag
5. Castaneda concedes he is considered ________________, even though he never lies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of Castaneda's experience with the peyote spirit, Don Juan points out he is a ____________.
2. Don Juan decides that Castaneda has a knack for ________________ and that is what he will be taught when they meet.
3. Don Juan says that the only thing indispensable to their work together is __________.
4. What must Don Juan and Castaneda get away from, according to Don Juan?
5. What kind of song does Don Juan begin to hum as he talks about the idea that one of them must change?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Don Juan respond to the statement by Castaneda that he is a Yaqui Indian and he cannot deny that?
2. How does one find the proper place to rest, according to the lessons of Don Juan?
3. What is the benefit of Castaneda paying Don Juan for his services and for his lessons?
4. What does Don Juan point out about the water rats they observe the entire morning?
5. Don Juan shares something about the crow cawing, something that surprised it about its cawing - what surprised him?
6. What does Don Juan reveal to be the true identity of the dog that Castaneda saw during his peyote experience?
7. What does Don Genero use to make a kite, confusing Castaneda's perception of how a kite should work?
8. Don Juan says that some people live happily because of one thing - what is this one state of mind?
9. What needs to happen in order for Don Juan to know Castaneda is ready to hunt power?
10. What does Don Juan say to Castaneda when he asks how someone can drop his personal history?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)