|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan orders Castaneda to go talk to some ____________ in a loud and clear voice.
2. For Castaneda to find the proper place, he will need to learn to _______________.
(a) Listen to his heart
(b) Make friends with the wind
(c) Sleep in silence
(d) Cross his eyes
3. Castaneda admits that on ____________ occasions when he stood on a space Don Juan deemed bad, he felt ill.
4. What do the animals they are watching do once they lose their predators in a chase?
(a) Groom themselves
(b) Sit on a tall tree
(c) Hide in a hole
(d) Burrow in the ground
5. What animals are Don Juan and Castaneda studying in order to learn their habits?
(a) Water rats
Short Answer Questions
1. Castaneda can't believe Don Juan takes ____________ as reality.
2. Don Juan explains that _____________ is what makes a creature magical.
3. What is an entity with a will of its own which Don Juan and Castaneda are trying to hide from?
4. Don Juan tells Castaneda that one has to live like a ___________ in order to set traps.
5. Don Juan believes the _____________ is looking for Castaneda.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Don Juan's explanation for the look he gave Castaneda when he first met him?
2. Why does Don Juan warn Castaneda not to turn around as they leave the Indians they have met?
3. What needs to happen in order for Don Juan to know Castaneda is ready to hunt power?
4. What does Don Juan say to Castaneda when he asks how someone can drop his personal history?
5. Why does Castaneda think Don Juan is crazy, like his friend seems to believe?
6. What is Castaneda's mistake in not becoming an artist as he wanted to be, according to Don Juan?
7. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda, saying they will keep him warm during the night?
8. What does Don Juan say when Castaneda asks him how old he is, as he sees him moving with agility?
9. What costume does Castaneda see Don Juan as wearing when he and the other men are sitting around the fire?
10. Why are the town partygoers annoyed with Castaneda, even though he buys drinks for everyone?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)