|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan impresses Castaneda with his knowledge of the life habits of _____________.
2. Don Juan orders Castaneda to go talk to some ____________ in a loud and clear voice.
3. Don Juan lets Castaneda know that he has no ____________, which confuses Castaneda.
(b) Personal history
4. What kind of farm did Castaneda's grandfather own when he was a boy?
5. Which appliance makes a noise which Don Juan interprets as agreement?
Short Answer Questions
1. Castaneda admits that on ____________ occasions when he stood on a space Don Juan deemed bad, he felt ill.
2. Don Juan tells Castaneda to ____________ if it will put him at ease after his experience with the plant medicine.
3. What does Don Juan do when he tells Castaneda that he is always angry and righteous?
4. What causes Castaneda to study for a longer period of time before working with Don Juan?
5. What does Don Juan do to indicate that lunch time is over, confusing Castaneda?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda to never do while he is walking?
2. What is Castaneda's mistake in not becoming an artist as he wanted to be, according to Don Juan?
3. What does Don Juan point out about the water rats they observe the entire morning?
4. Don Juan says that some people live happily because of one thing - what is this one state of mind?
5. What does Don Juan reveal to be the true identity of the dog that Castaneda saw during his peyote experience?
6. What must Castaneda learn in order to know where to place the traps he is going to make?
7. How does one find the proper place to rest, according to the lessons of Don Juan?
8. What is Don Juan's explanation for the look he gave Castaneda when he first met him?
9. What does Don Juan say is the reason why Castaneda is not quenched by walking with his fingers curled or of the leaves?
10. What must Castaneda do in order to become accessible to power, according to Don Juan?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)