|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Castaneda told to look for a special spot where he can find benefit?
(a) Living room
2. After Castaneda laughs at Don Juan's response to a question, Don Juan tells him to not waste his time with ___________.
(a) The earth
(c) That crap
3. Don Juan tells Castaneda that one can stop ______________ at the drop of a hat.
(a) The rocks
(c) The heart
4. Castaneda's mistake in not seeing his dream come to life is that Castaneda always thinks he has plenty of __________.
5. Don Juan wants to know if Castaneda is thinking of a ___________ when he looks into his eyes.
(b) Funny bird
(d) Swimming pool
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the animals do Don Juan and Castaneda keep for themselves for eating?
2. Don Juan tells Castaneda it is important that Castaneda not __________ him.
3. When Don Juan takes Castaneda on a hike, he tells him that plants can _______.
4. Castaneda tells Don Juan that he is a _____________ and that cannot be changed.
5. When a man takes responsibility for his decisions, he can move ahead without ___________ or remorse.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so magical about a creature that cannot be tracked by ordinary means?
2. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda to never do while he is walking?
3. What is the lesson of this chapter for Castaneda, according to Don Juan?
4. When the wind makes itself known to the men, what is the only way it seems to be able to die down?
5. What does Don Juan say is the reason why Castaneda is not quenched by walking with his fingers curled or of the leaves?
6. When Castaneda goes to visit Don Juan in December of 1960, what question does he ask Don Juan upon his arrival?
7. What is Don Juan's response when Castaneda tells him he will pay Don Juan appropriately for the lessons he will learn?
8. Don Juan says that some people live happily because of one thing - what is this one state of mind?
9. What does Don Juan have to say about the process of learning about peyote?
10. What does Don Juan instruct Castaneda to do when they are hiking and Castaneda just wants to rest?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)