|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Castaneda told to look for a special spot where he can find benefit?
(c) Living room
2. Castaneda's mistake in not seeing his dream come to life is that Castaneda always thinks he has plenty of __________.
3. How many of the animals do Don Juan and Castaneda keep for themselves for eating?
4. Don Juan says that the only thing indispensable to their work together is __________.
(a) The plants
(b) The spirit
(c) The money
(d) The will
5. What does Don Juan begin to teach Castaneda to make as they are out with the animals in the morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Castaneda lose track of as he begins to follow the lessons of Don Juan during the morning?
2. Don Juan does not believe that Castaneda is trying to ___________. He believes Castaneda's life is just as bad as when they met.
3. What has Don Juan built around himself in an effort to prevent others from knowing what he is or what he does?
4. What is the animal Castaneda interacted with when he was under the influence of the peyote?
5. What can a person do when a person learns how to stop the world, according to Don Juan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the lesson of this chapter for Castaneda, according to Don Juan?
2. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda to never do while he is walking?
3. What does Don Juan do with the five quails that the two men capture during the day?
4. What does Don Juan say is the reason why Castaneda is not quenched by walking with his fingers curled or of the leaves?
5. Why does Castaneda think Don Juan is crazy, like his friend seems to believe?
6. What is Don Juan's response to Castaneda's attempts to try to fill in a genealogy chart for Don Juan?
7. What does Don Juan reveal to be the true identity of the dog that Castaneda saw during his peyote experience?
8. How does one find the proper place to rest, according to the lessons of Don Juan?
9. What is the benefit of Castaneda paying Don Juan for his services and for his lessons?
10. What does Don Juan do when he sees that Castaneda is not standing in a good spot?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)