|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an entity with a will of its own which Don Juan and Castaneda are trying to hide from?
(b) Jimson Weed
(d) Mother Earth
2. Did Castaneda shoot the revered bird when it was in his line of sight?
(a) It's not clear
(d) Yes, but it was only injured
3. Castaneda tells Don Juan that he is a _____________ and that cannot be changed.
(b) Yaqui Indian
(c) Medicine man
4. What does Don Juan do when he tells Castaneda that he is always angry and righteous?
5. Don Juan tells Castaneda that his last girlfriend left him because he was too ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan tells Castaneda it is important that Castaneda not __________ him.
2. While Don Juan calls Castaneda's body stupid and young, he corrects the term stupid and replaces it with __________.
3. Where is Castaneda told to look for a special spot where he can find benefit?
4. What can a person do when a person learns how to stop the world, according to Don Juan?
5. What time did the relative of Castaneda finally get up each day, causing him to never go swimming?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Castaneda goes to visit Don Juan in December of 1960, what question does he ask Don Juan upon his arrival?
2. Don Juan says that some people live happily because of one thing - what is this one state of mind?
3. What does Castaneda think of the way that Don Juan lives?
4. Why is Castaneda left on the mountain as the other two men walk away into the distance?
5. What costume does Castaneda see Don Juan as wearing when he and the other men are sitting around the fire?
6. What does Don Juan reveal to be the true identity of the dog that Castaneda saw during his peyote experience?
7. What does Don Juan say about his own death and his interaction with it?
8. What does Don Juan point out about the water rats they observe the entire morning?
9. What is Don Juan's explanation for the look he gave Castaneda when he first met him?
10. What is Don Juan's response to Castaneda's attempts to try to fill in a genealogy chart for Don Juan?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)