|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Castaneda does not agree with his friend because Don Juan demonstrates an ability to _________ him too accurately.
(a) Reveal secrets to
(d) Lie to
2. Castaneda can't believe Don Juan takes ____________ as reality.
(b) Medicine journeys
(c) Vision quests
3. Don Juan says that Castaneda is too __________ and should start to erase himself.
4. Don Juan feels the difference between him and Castaneda is that Castaneda feels he is ____________.
5. What bird's features does Castaneda finally see when he looks at Don Juan's face for a while?
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan says that Castaneda is like prey that is ___________ to predict.
2. What does Don Juan do when he tells Castaneda that he is always angry and righteous?
3. What happens after Castaneda continues to try to cross his eyes, as Don Juan has instructed him?
4. How many animals do Don Juan and Castaneda catch by the end of the day?
5. After Castaneda laughs at Don Juan's response to a question, Don Juan tells him to not waste his time with ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Juan reveal to be the true identity of the dog that Castaneda saw during his peyote experience?
2. When Castaneda goes to visit Don Juan in December of 1960, what question does he ask Don Juan upon his arrival?
3. What is Don Juan's explanation for the look he gave Castaneda when he first met him?
4. What is Castaneda's mistake in not becoming an artist as he wanted to be, according to Don Juan?
5. Don Juan shares something about the crow cawing, something that surprised it about its cawing - what surprised him?
6. What is Castaneda's response to Don Juan's question about why he was lying when they first met.
7. What is Don Juan's response when Castaneda tells him he will pay Don Juan appropriately for the lessons he will learn?
8. What must Castaneda learn in order to know where to place the traps he is going to make?
9. Why does Castaneda think Don Juan is crazy, like his friend seems to believe?
10. What is Don Juan's assessment of Castaneda's feelings about himself and how they will affect his learning?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)