|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Castaneda complain about, though Don Juan tells him they are not important?
(a) Red spots
(b) Weird dreams
(c) Hunger pangs
(d) Voices in his head
2. How many animals do Don Juan and Castaneda catch by the end of the day?
3. What has Don Juan built around himself in an effort to prevent others from knowing what he is or what he does?
4. Don Juan says that the only thing indispensable to their work together is __________.
(a) The plants
(b) The money
(c) The will
(d) The spirit
5. Don Juan says that Castaneda's flaw is that he does not take _____________ for what he does.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an entity with a will of its own which Don Juan and Castaneda are trying to hide from?
2. Don Juan says that Castaneda is like prey that is ___________ to predict.
3. Don Juan says that he will teach Castaneda to be a ___________, though that might not make him one.
4. What does Castaneda lose track of as he begins to follow the lessons of Don Juan during the morning?
5. A creature that is impossible to track is something that happens ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does one find the proper place to rest, according to the lessons of Don Juan?
2. What does Don Juan's intimidating glance cause Castaneda to do before he approaches him again?
3. What is the lesson of this chapter for Castaneda, according to Don Juan?
4. What must Castaneda do in order to become accessible to power, according to Don Juan?
5. Why doesn't Castaneda feel well at the beginning of this chapter?
6. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda to never do while he is walking?
7. What is Don Juan's response when Castaneda tells him he will pay Don Juan appropriately for the lessons he will learn?
8. What does Don Juan say is the reason why Castaneda is not quenched by walking with his fingers curled or of the leaves?
9. How does Don Juan respond to the statement by Castaneda that he is a Yaqui Indian and he cannot deny that?
10. Don Juan shares something about the crow cawing, something that surprised it about its cawing - what surprised him?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)