|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Castaneda, Don Juan's ways would make his life more ____________.
2. What can a person do when a person learns how to stop the world, according to Don Juan?
(a) They can fly
(b) They can bring back the dead
(c) The world can collapse
(d) They can change the future
3. Don Juan calls Castaneda a fool because this could be his last _______________.
(a) Battle on earth
(c) Decision he makes with power
4. Don Juan believes the _____________ is looking for Castaneda.
(d) Peyote spirit
5. Castaneda admits that on ____________ occasions when he stood on a space Don Juan deemed bad, he felt ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Castaneda told to look for a special spot where he can find benefit?
2. What was different about the bird Castaneda and his grandfather hunted on his grandfather's farm?
3. To be a hunter, according to Don Juan, one cannot have _________.
4. What is the animal Castaneda interacted with when he was under the influence of the peyote?
5. What animals are Don Juan and Castaneda studying in order to learn their habits?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does one find the proper place to rest, according to the lessons of Don Juan?
2. What is Don Juan's explanation for the look he gave Castaneda when he first met him?
3. What does Castaneda think of the way that Don Juan lives?
4. Why doesn't Castaneda feel well at the beginning of this chapter?
5. What is Don Juan's response to Castaneda's attempts to try to fill in a genealogy chart for Don Juan?
6. What does Don Juan have to say about the process of learning about peyote?
7. What does Don Juan instruct Castaneda to do when they are hiking and Castaneda just wants to rest?
8. What does Don Juan say the wind's identity truly is, rather than just being a part of nature's actions?
9. What does Don Juan do when he sees that Castaneda is not standing in a good spot?
10. When Castaneda goes to visit Don Juan in December of 1960, what question does he ask Don Juan upon his arrival?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)