|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Castaneda does not agree with his friend because Don Juan demonstrates an ability to _________ him too accurately.
(b) Lie to
(c) Reveal secrets to
2. While Don Juan calls Castaneda's body stupid and young, he corrects the term stupid and replaces it with __________.
3. What was different about the bird Castaneda and his grandfather hunted on his grandfather's farm?
(a) It was green
(b) It was albino
(c) It was lame
(d) It had three wings
4. When Don Juan takes Castaneda on a hike, he tells him that plants can _______.
5. How many of the animals do Don Juan and Castaneda keep for themselves for eating?
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan wants to know if Castaneda is thinking of a ___________ when he looks into his eyes.
2. Castaneda concedes that Don Juan does not ____________ anything of him.
3. Castaneda concedes he is considered ________________, even though he never lies.
4. Castaneda tells Don Juan that he is a _____________ and that cannot be changed.
5. What does Castaneda complain about, though Don Juan tells him they are not important?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Don Juan's response when Castaneda tells him he will pay Don Juan appropriately for the lessons he will learn?
2. The idea that Castaneda seems to be a 'chosen man' perplexes Don Juan, but what does it mean Don Juan needs to do?
3. What does Don Juan do when the percolator makes a loud noise in response to something Don Juan says?
4. What is Don Juan's response to Castaneda's attempts to try to fill in a genealogy chart for Don Juan?
5. What does Don Juan have to say about the process of learning about peyote?
6. Don Juan shares something about the crow cawing, something that surprised it about its cawing - what surprised him?
7. What must Castaneda learn in order to know where to place the traps he is going to make?
8. What does Don Juan want Castaneda to see in his eyes when he commands him to look at him?
9. What is Castaneda's mistake in not becoming an artist as he wanted to be, according to Don Juan?
10. What is the point of the loud siren sounds that Don Juan begins to make at Castaneda?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)