|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Castaneda's attempts to stop _________ with Don Genaro were disastrous, according to Castaneda.
(a) The water
(b) The evil
(c) The world
(d) The peyote spirit
2. But when Castaneda gets an explanation of the rings of power, he only wanted to get an explanation for ____________.
(a) The place of power
(b) The show girl costume
(c) The pirate costume
(d) The other Indians
3. When Don Juan and Castaneda go to a certain place of power, it is explained this rock formation is a place where warriors were once __________.
4. Don Juan admits he has seen his own death watching him and has danced to it as though he was __________.
5. What does Don Juan want Castaneda to move his eyes back and forth along?
(a) The stars
(b) The ground
(c) The mountains
(d) The bank of fog
6. What does Castaneda see that makes him realize that he is just the same as this item?
7. When Don Juan tells Castaneda to act normal, he instructs him to __________.
8. What is the name of the person that Castaneda stays with when Don Juan goes off to do an errand?
(b) Don Genaro
(c) Don Catalina
(d) Don Guero
9. What is the yellow mass that Castaneda is told to stare at when he and Don Juan go to the desert?
10. As Castaneda's benefactor, it is up to Don Juan to take him to ___________.
(a) His answers
(b) His darkness
(c) His power
(d) The brink
11. The jolt of tackling one's ally is so strong that Castaneda needs to be sure to keep his __________ closed.
12. What is the outfit Castaneda sees Don Juan wear when he reemerges from his hiding place?
(a) Show girl
(b) Swim coach
13. As Castaneda looks at the horizon, he begins to see the _______ of the world that Don Juan and Don Genaro talk about.
14. Don Juan uses a rock to show the idea of not-doing. "To look at it is ___________ but to see is __________."
(a) Something; nothing
(b) Nothing; something
(c) Not-doing; doing
(d) Doing; not-doing
15. What makes Castaneda and the item from #170 the same - Our __________ made us equal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan tells Castaneda that this mood he tends to lapse into is like a _____________.
2. The place of power is not a ___________, so there are no bones buried there as Castaneda guesses might be.
3. Each person is born with a _________ of power and each is linked to everyone else's.
4. Don Juan says the Castaneda reminds him of himself - he did not want to be a _____________ either.
5. A warrior acts as is if he has a ___________, trusting his personal power, according to Don Juan.
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)