|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The two men leave Castaneda on the mountain to decide whether he feels ready to keep his ___________.
2. What has Don Genaro done to the Castaneda's car, much to the disbelief of Castaneda?
(a) Made it disappear
(b) Repainted it
(c) Burned it to cinders
3. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda to use in order to relieve his muscles?
4. Where does Don Juan go as the men are talking to each other around the gathering place?
5. A warrior acts as is if he has a ___________, trusting his personal power, according to Don Juan.
6. Don Juan says they must wait for an omen to know what to do with the ____________ who is interfering with Castaneda.
7. Don Juan says there is no set plan, but they must be in a state of constant ___________.
8. When Don Juan and Castaneda go to a certain place of power, it is explained this rock formation is a place where warriors were once __________.
9. Don Juan yells at Castaneda who feels strange, as though something is about to ____________.
10. When Don Juan tells Castaneda to act normal, he instructs him to __________.
11. Where do the four Indians and Castaneda gather around when they meet up in the border town?
12. What is the outfit Castaneda sees Don Juan wear when he reemerges from his hiding place?
(a) Show girl
(b) Swim coach
13. What does Castaneda see that makes him realize that he is just the same as this item?
14. Castaneda is learning to make traps in order to catch an animal who can provide him with ______________.
(a) Hallucinogenic experiences
(b) Power food
15. Don Juan tells Castaneda to look without __________ until he sees something before him.
(b) Staying still
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan tells Castaneda: "The secret is not in what you do ________________, but rather in what you don't do."
2. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda to help him stay warm during the night, even though he has no blanket?
3. What does Castaneda ask when Don Genaro tells him he was directed to go to Ixtlan?
4. What is the yellow mass that Castaneda is told to stare at when he and Don Juan go to the desert?
5. What does Don Genaro do with the string and his hat which amazes Castaneda?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)