|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Castaneda see that makes him realize that he is just the same as this item?
2. Castaneda's attempts to stop _________ with Don Genaro were disastrous, according to Castaneda.
(a) The water
(b) The world
(c) The evil
(d) The peyote spirit
3. As Castaneda looks at the horizon, he begins to see the _______ of the world that Don Juan and Don Genaro talk about.
4. What is the outfit Castaneda sees Don Juan wear when he reemerges from his hiding place?
(c) Swim coach
(d) Show girl
5. If Castaneda is not able to hunt for power, Don Juan says that he will be free to be _____________, but Don Juan will continue to be his friend.
(a) A plant scholar
(b) A writer
(d) A student
6. Don Juan reminds Castaneda of the time he mentally jammed his ___________ so that he could not use it.
7. Don Juan tells Castaneda to work on his _________ as if nothing has happened.
8. Don Juan admits he has seen his own death watching him and has danced to it as though he was __________.
9. What does Castaneda ask when Don Genaro tells him he was directed to go to Ixtlan?
(a) Why he didn't run
(b) If he went
(c) If it hurt
(d) What Ixtlan is
10. Needing explanations is like a ___________ to Castaneda, according to Don Juan's observations.
11. Who advises against Don Juan and Castaneda staying the night at the rock place of power?
(a) Don Juan
(b) La Catalina
12. What does Don Juan collect for the night, though he does not let Castaneda help him?
13. As Castaneda's benefactor, it is up to Don Juan to take him to ___________.
(a) His power
(b) His darkness
(c) The brink
(d) His answers
14. Castaneda learns how to do a dance that thumps like a __________ from Don Juan in the evening.
15. Don Juan tells Castaneda to look without __________ until he sees something before him.
(b) Staying still
Short Answer Questions
1. Castaneda is learning to make traps in order to catch an animal who can provide him with ______________.
2. Where does Don Juan go as the men are talking to each other around the gathering place?
3. What does Don Genaro admit to not being afraid of since he does have allies?
4. Personal power is a ____________, or a mood, according to Don Juan, even though Castaneda does not understand this.
5. Don Juan warns Castaneda not to turn around after embracing the Indians because they are ________________.
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)