|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The jolt of tackling one's ally is so strong that Castaneda needs to be sure to keep his __________ closed.
2. When Don Juan and Castaneda go to a certain place of power, it is explained this rock formation is a place where warriors were once __________.
3. As Castaneda looks at the horizon, he begins to see the _______ of the world that Don Juan and Don Genaro talk about.
4. Don Juan says that the storing of _________ is a personal thing that he cannot define or explain.
5. As Castaneda's benefactor, it is up to Don Juan to take him to ___________.
(a) His answers
(b) His power
(c) His darkness
(d) The brink
6. Don Juan admits he has seen his own death watching him and has danced to it as though he was __________.
7. Don Juan uses a rock to show the idea of not-doing. "To look at it is ___________ but to see is __________."
(a) Nothing; something
(b) Not-doing; doing
(c) Doing; not-doing
(d) Something; nothing
8. Castaneda admits that the __________ is only real when he is with Don Juan.
9. Don Juan tells Castaneda to look without __________ until he sees something before him.
(c) Staying still
10. What is the yellow mass that Castaneda is told to stare at when he and Don Juan go to the desert?
11. Who advises against Don Juan and Castaneda staying the night at the rock place of power?
(b) La Catalina
(c) Don Juan
12. Castaneda tells the creature that they are there to ______________ the world
13. What does Castaneda see that makes him realize that he is just the same as this item?
14. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda to help him stay warm during the night, even though he has no blanket?
15. What does Don Juan want Castaneda to move his eyes back and forth along?
(a) The stars
(b) The ground
(c) The mountains
(d) The bank of fog
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan tells Castaneda that the rocks around him are not rocks, but rather they are _________ that hold him suspended.
2. What are Don Juan and Castaneda going to search for when they drive off to the mountains?
3. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda to use in order to relieve his muscles?
4. Don Juan reminds Castaneda of the time he mentally jammed his ___________ so that he could not use it.
5. What does Don Genaro do with the string and his hat which amazes Castaneda?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)