|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Castaneda is learning to make traps in order to catch an animal who can provide him with ______________.
(c) Hallucinogenic experiences
(d) Power food
2. When Don Juan tells Castaneda to act normal, he instructs him to __________.
3. Don Juan tells Castaneda to work on his _________ as if nothing has happened.
4. What does Don Juan demand when he and Castaneda arrive at the desired location out of town?
5. What is the name of the person that Castaneda stays with when Don Juan goes off to do an errand?
(b) Don Genaro
(c) Don Guero
(d) Don Catalina
6. Castaneda admits that the __________ is only real when he is with Don Juan.
7. Don Juan tells Castaneda that the rocks around him are not rocks, but rather they are _________ that hold him suspended.
8. Don Juan admits he has seen his own death watching him and has danced to it as though he was __________.
9. Don Genaro tells Castaneda of his encounter tackling his __________, a long time ago, it seems.
10. If Castaneda is not able to hunt for power, Don Juan says that he will be free to be _____________, but Don Juan will continue to be his friend.
(a) A student
(b) A plant scholar
(c) A writer
11. As Castaneda looks at the horizon, he begins to see the _______ of the world that Don Juan and Don Genaro talk about.
12. Who advises against Don Juan and Castaneda staying the night at the rock place of power?
(a) La Catalina
(d) Don Juan
13. Don Juan says there is no set plan, but they must be in a state of constant ___________.
14. Don Juan says that the storing of _________ is a personal thing that he cannot define or explain.
15. What kind of bed does Don Juan prepare for Castaneda when they are trying to prevent illness in Castaneda?
(a) Deer skin
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the outfit Castaneda sees Don Juan wear when he reemerges from his hiding place?
2. As Castaneda's benefactor, it is up to Don Juan to take him to ___________.
3. What kinds of motions does Don Genaro make on the floor which seem to defy nature?
4. What does Don Juan collect for the night, though he does not let Castaneda help him?
5. What does Castaneda ask when Don Genaro tells him he was directed to go to Ixtlan?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)