|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A warrior acts as is if he has a ___________, trusting his personal power, according to Don Juan.
2. What does Don Genaro admit to not being afraid of since he does have allies?
(b) Evil spirits
(d) La Catalina
3. If an ________ does not come, then it means Castaneda is not able to hunt power.
4. Don Juan says that the storing of _________ is a personal thing that he cannot define or explain.
5. Where does Don Juan go as the men are talking to each other around the gathering place?
6. The place of power is not a ___________, so there are no bones buried there as Castaneda guesses might be.
(b) Ritual space
7. Castaneda learns how to do a dance that thumps like a __________ from Don Juan in the evening.
8. Castaneda tells the creature that they are there to ______________ the world
9. The two men leave Castaneda on the mountain to decide whether he feels ready to keep his ___________.
10. Needing explanations is like a ___________ to Castaneda, according to Don Juan's observations.
11. What has Don Genaro done to the Castaneda's car, much to the disbelief of Castaneda?
(a) Made it disappear
(c) Burned it to cinders
(d) Repainted it
12. What is the yellow mass that Castaneda is told to stare at when he and Don Juan go to the desert?
13. What is the name of the person that Castaneda stays with when Don Juan goes off to do an errand?
(a) Don Catalina
(b) Don Guero
(c) Don Genaro
14. Don Juan uses a rock to show the idea of not-doing. "To look at it is ___________ but to see is __________."
(a) Nothing; something
(b) Something; nothing
(c) Doing; not-doing
(d) Not-doing; doing
15. Don Juan warns Castaneda not to turn around after embracing the Indians because they are ________________.
(a) Evil plants
(b) Now shadows
(c) Lost nothings
(d) Then shadows
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Castaneda describe as - its eyes are friendly and clear - so he is not afraid of it?
2. What does Castaneda ask when Don Genaro tells him he was directed to go to Ixtlan?
3. When Don Juan and Castaneda go to a certain place of power, it is explained this rock formation is a place where warriors were once __________.
4. Don Juan tells Castaneda that this mood he tends to lapse into is like a _____________.
5. When Don Juan tells Castaneda to act normal, he instructs him to __________.
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)