|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Castaneda is learning to make traps in order to catch an animal who can provide him with ______________.
(a) Hallucinogenic experiences
(b) Power food
2. Where do the four Indians and Castaneda gather around when they meet up in the border town?
3. What does Don Juan demand when he and Castaneda arrive at the desired location out of town?
4. If an ________ does not come, then it means Castaneda is not able to hunt power.
5. What is the yellow mass that Castaneda is told to stare at when he and Don Juan go to the desert?
6. Personal power is a ____________, or a mood, according to Don Juan, even though Castaneda does not understand this.
7. Don Juan uses a rock to show the idea of not-doing. "To look at it is ___________ but to see is __________."
(a) Nothing; something
(b) Doing; not-doing
(c) Something; nothing
(d) Not-doing; doing
8. The two men leave Castaneda on the mountain to decide whether he feels ready to keep his ___________.
9. Don Juan warns Castaneda not to turn around after embracing the Indians because they are ________________.
(a) Evil plants
(b) Lost nothings
(c) Then shadows
(d) Now shadows
10. What has Don Genaro done to the Castaneda's car, much to the disbelief of Castaneda?
(a) Burned it to cinders
(b) Repainted it
(c) Made it disappear
11. Don Juan tells Castaneda to look without __________ until he sees something before him.
(d) Staying still
12. What is the outfit Castaneda sees Don Juan wear when he reemerges from his hiding place?
(b) Swim coach
(d) Show girl
13. Don Juan says they must wait for an omen to know what to do with the ____________ who is interfering with Castaneda.
14. Don Juan had planned to __________ Castaneda in the space for a night, but he does not have the power, according to Don Juan.
(c) Sit with
15. Needing explanations is like a ___________ to Castaneda, according to Don Juan's observations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Genaro tells Castaneda of his encounter tackling his __________, a long time ago, it seems.
2. What does Castaneda see that makes him realize that he is just the same as this item?
3. Castaneda's attempts to stop _________ with Don Genaro were disastrous, according to Castaneda.
4. The jolt of tackling one's ally is so strong that Castaneda needs to be sure to keep his __________ closed.
5. A warrior acts as is if he has a ___________, trusting his personal power, according to Don Juan.
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)