|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan tells Castaneda to work on his _________ as if nothing has happened.
2. When Don Juan and Castaneda go to a certain place of power, it is explained this rock formation is a place where warriors were once __________.
3. The two men leave Castaneda on the mountain to decide whether he feels ready to keep his ___________.
4. What does Don Juan want Castaneda to move his eyes back and forth along?
(a) The bank of fog
(b) The ground
(c) The stars
(d) The mountains
5. If an ________ does not come, then it means Castaneda is not able to hunt power.
6. Who advises against Don Juan and Castaneda staying the night at the rock place of power?
(a) Don Juan
(c) La Catalina
7. If Castaneda is not able to hunt for power, Don Juan says that he will be free to be _____________, but Don Juan will continue to be his friend.
(a) A student
(b) A writer
(d) A plant scholar
8. Where does Don Juan go as the men are talking to each other around the gathering place?
9. Don Juan admits he has seen his own death watching him and has danced to it as though he was __________.
10. Don Juan warns Castaneda not to turn around after embracing the Indians because they are ________________.
(a) Then shadows
(b) Lost nothings
(c) Evil plants
(d) Now shadows
11. Don Juan reminds Castaneda of the time he mentally jammed his ___________ so that he could not use it.
12. Don Juan tells Castaneda that this mood he tends to lapse into is like a _____________.
(b) Bottomless ocean
(c) Bird in flight
(d) Trap door
13. The place of power is not a ___________, so there are no bones buried there as Castaneda guesses might be.
(b) Ritual space
14. What does Castaneda see that makes him realize that he is just the same as this item?
15. Don Juan tells Castaneda to look without __________ until he sees something before him.
(b) Staying still
Short Answer Questions
1. Needing explanations is like a ___________ to Castaneda, according to Don Juan's observations.
2. Don Juan had planned to __________ Castaneda in the space for a night, but he does not have the power, according to Don Juan.
3. Personal power is a ____________, or a mood, according to Don Juan, even though Castaneda does not understand this.
4. What has Don Genaro done to the Castaneda's car, much to the disbelief of Castaneda?
5. Don Juan says they must wait for an omen to know what to do with the ____________ who is interfering with Castaneda.
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)