|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan reminds Castaneda of the time he mentally jammed his ___________ so that he could not use it.
2. Needing explanations is like a ___________ to Castaneda, according to Don Juan's observations.
3. When Don Juan and Castaneda go to a certain place of power, it is explained this rock formation is a place where warriors were once __________.
4. Don Juan admits he has seen his own death watching him and has danced to it as though he was __________.
5. What has Don Genaro done to the Castaneda's car, much to the disbelief of Castaneda?
(a) Burned it to cinders
(c) Made it disappear
(d) Repainted it
6. Castaneda is learning to make traps in order to catch an animal who can provide him with ______________.
(a) Power food
(d) Hallucinogenic experiences
7. Don Juan says the Castaneda reminds him of himself - he did not want to be a _____________ either.
(a) Stupid man
8. What does Don Juan want Castaneda to move his eyes back and forth along?
(a) The mountains
(b) The ground
(c) The bank of fog
(d) The stars
9. What are Don Juan and Castaneda going to search for when they drive off to the mountains?
10. Don Juan tells Castaneda to look without __________ until he sees something before him.
(a) Staying still
11. Don Juan tells Castaneda to work on his _________ as if nothing has happened.
12. Castaneda learns how to do a dance that thumps like a __________ from Don Juan in the evening.
13. Don Juan uses a rock to show the idea of not-doing. "To look at it is ___________ but to see is __________."
(a) Doing; not-doing
(b) Not-doing; doing
(c) Something; nothing
(d) Nothing; something
14. As Castaneda might become deathly ill, they must go to his place of ____________ to be cleansed and restored.
15. Don Juan tells Castaneda to concentrate on specific _____________ in order to be successful in his dream work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person that Castaneda stays with when Don Juan goes off to do an errand?
2. What does Don Genaro admit to not being afraid of since he does have allies?
3. As Castaneda looks at the horizon, he begins to see the _______ of the world that Don Juan and Don Genaro talk about.
4. What kinds of motions does Don Genaro make on the floor which seem to defy nature?
5. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda to help him stay warm during the night, even though he has no blanket?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)