|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan admits he has seen his own death watching him and has danced to it as though he was __________.
2. When Don Juan and Castaneda are together again, Castaneda inquires as to whether death is a ____________.
3. When Don Juan tells Castaneda to act normal, he instructs him to __________.
4. Who advises against Don Juan and Castaneda staying the night at the rock place of power?
(b) Don Juan
(d) La Catalina
5. Don Juan says that the storing of _________ is a personal thing that he cannot define or explain.
6. If Castaneda is not able to hunt for power, Don Juan says that he will be free to be _____________, but Don Juan will continue to be his friend.
(b) A student
(c) A plant scholar
(d) A writer
7. What does Castaneda describe as - its eyes are friendly and clear - so he is not afraid of it?
8. What is the outfit Castaneda sees Don Juan wear when he reemerges from his hiding place?
(b) Show girl
(d) Swim coach
9. What does Don Juan collect for the night, though he does not let Castaneda help him?
10. Don Juan tells Castaneda to concentrate on specific _____________ in order to be successful in his dream work.
11. As Castaneda's benefactor, it is up to Don Juan to take him to ___________.
(a) The brink
(b) His power
(c) His answers
(d) His darkness
12. Don Juan reminds Castaneda of the time he mentally jammed his ___________ so that he could not use it.
13. What makes Castaneda and the item from #170 the same - Our __________ made us equal.
14. Personal power is a ____________, or a mood, according to Don Juan, even though Castaneda does not understand this.
15. Don Juan warns Castaneda not to turn around after embracing the Indians because they are ________________.
(a) Lost nothings
(b) Evil plants
(c) Then shadows
(d) Now shadows
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan tells Castaneda to look without __________ until he sees something before him.
2. What is the yellow mass that Castaneda is told to stare at when he and Don Juan go to the desert?
3. Where does Don Juan go as the men are talking to each other around the gathering place?
4. What kinds of motions does Don Genaro make on the floor which seem to defy nature?
5. If an ________ does not come, then it means Castaneda is not able to hunt power.
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)