|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the person that Castaneda stays with when Don Juan goes off to do an errand?
(a) Don Genaro
(b) Don Guero
(c) Don Catalina
2. Don Juan tells Castaneda: "The secret is not in what you do ________________, but rather in what you don't do."
(a) In life
(b) To yourself
(c) To others
3. Don Juan says that the storing of _________ is a personal thing that he cannot define or explain.
4. What is the yellow mass that Castaneda is told to stare at when he and Don Juan go to the desert?
5. The two men leave Castaneda on the mountain to decide whether he feels ready to keep his ___________.
6. Personal power is a ____________, or a mood, according to Don Juan, even though Castaneda does not understand this.
7. If Castaneda is not able to hunt for power, Don Juan says that he will be free to be _____________, but Don Juan will continue to be his friend.
(a) A student
(c) A plant scholar
(d) A writer
8. Don Juan uses a rock to show the idea of not-doing. "To look at it is ___________ but to see is __________."
(a) Doing; not-doing
(b) Nothing; something
(c) Not-doing; doing
(d) Something; nothing
9. Castaneda is learning to make traps in order to catch an animal who can provide him with ______________.
(a) Power food
(c) Hallucinogenic experiences
10. What kind of bed does Don Juan prepare for Castaneda when they are trying to prevent illness in Castaneda?
(b) Deer skin
11. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda to use in order to relieve his muscles?
12. Castaneda admits that the __________ is only real when he is with Don Juan.
13. Needing explanations is like a ___________ to Castaneda, according to Don Juan's observations.
14. If an ________ does not come, then it means Castaneda is not able to hunt power.
15. Don Juan yells at Castaneda who feels strange, as though something is about to ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Castaneda tells the creature that they are there to ______________ the world
2. Where does Don Juan go as the men are talking to each other around the gathering place?
3. Don Juan had planned to __________ Castaneda in the space for a night, but he does not have the power, according to Don Juan.
4. Don Juan tells Castaneda to concentrate on specific _____________ in order to be successful in his dream work.
5. Don Juan tells Castaneda that this mood he tends to lapse into is like a _____________.
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)