|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Castaneda is learning to make traps in order to catch an animal who can provide him with ______________.
(a) Power food
(d) Hallucinogenic experiences
2. What does Castaneda see that makes him realize that he is just the same as this item?
3. Don Juan uses a rock to show the idea of not-doing. "To look at it is ___________ but to see is __________."
(a) Nothing; something
(b) Doing; not-doing
(c) Something; nothing
(d) Not-doing; doing
4. But when Castaneda gets an explanation of the rings of power, he only wanted to get an explanation for ____________.
(a) The pirate costume
(b) The other Indians
(c) The show girl costume
(d) The place of power
5. Castaneda learns how to do a dance that thumps like a __________ from Don Juan in the evening.
6. As Castaneda looks at the horizon, he begins to see the _______ of the world that Don Juan and Don Genaro talk about.
7. Don Juan tells Castaneda to work on his _________ as if nothing has happened.
8. Personal power is a ____________, or a mood, according to Don Juan, even though Castaneda does not understand this.
9. Needing explanations is like a ___________ to Castaneda, according to Don Juan's observations.
10. As Castaneda's benefactor, it is up to Don Juan to take him to ___________.
(a) His answers
(b) His power
(c) The brink
(d) His darkness
11. Who advises against Don Juan and Castaneda staying the night at the rock place of power?
(b) Don Juan
(c) La Catalina
12. Castaneda admits that the __________ is only real when he is with Don Juan.
13. When Don Juan and Castaneda are together again, Castaneda inquires as to whether death is a ____________.
14. Where do the four Indians and Castaneda gather around when they meet up in the border town?
15. The place of power is not a ___________, so there are no bones buried there as Castaneda guesses might be.
(c) Ritual space
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Don Genaro done to the Castaneda's car, much to the disbelief of Castaneda?
2. What kind of bed does Don Juan prepare for Castaneda when they are trying to prevent illness in Castaneda?
3. As Castaneda might become deathly ill, they must go to his place of ____________ to be cleansed and restored.
4. Don Juan says there is no set plan, but they must be in a state of constant ___________.
5. What does Don Genaro do with the string and his hat which amazes Castaneda?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)