|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan says that the storing of _________ is a personal thing that he cannot define or explain.
2. Each person is born with a _________ of power and each is linked to everyone else's.
3. What kinds of motions does Don Genaro make on the floor which seem to defy nature?
4. What does Don Juan want Castaneda to move his eyes back and forth along?
(a) The bank of fog
(b) The ground
(c) The stars
(d) The mountains
5. Needing explanations is like a ___________ to Castaneda, according to Don Juan's observations.
6. Don Juan admits he has seen his own death watching him and has danced to it as though he was __________.
7. What is the name of the person that Castaneda stays with when Don Juan goes off to do an errand?
(a) Don Guero
(c) Don Catalina
(d) Don Genaro
8. When Don Juan tells Castaneda to act normal, he instructs him to __________.
9. Don Juan tells Castaneda to work on his _________ as if nothing has happened.
10. Don Juan says there is no set plan, but they must be in a state of constant ___________.
11. Don Juan tells Castaneda to concentrate on specific _____________ in order to be successful in his dream work.
12. When Don Juan and Castaneda are together again, Castaneda inquires as to whether death is a ____________.
13. When Don Juan and Castaneda go to a certain place of power, it is explained this rock formation is a place where warriors were once __________.
14. What makes Castaneda and the item from #170 the same - Our __________ made us equal.
15. If Castaneda is not able to hunt for power, Don Juan says that he will be free to be _____________, but Don Juan will continue to be his friend.
(a) A writer
(b) A student
(d) A plant scholar
Short Answer Questions
1. Castaneda is learning to make traps in order to catch an animal who can provide him with ______________.
2. Don Juan tells Castaneda: "The secret is not in what you do ________________, but rather in what you don't do."
3. Don Juan tells Castaneda that this mood he tends to lapse into is like a _____________.
4. Where do the four Indians and Castaneda gather around when they meet up in the border town?
5. Don Juan uses a rock to show the idea of not-doing. "To look at it is ___________ but to see is __________."
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)