|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan tells Castaneda to look without __________ until he sees something before him.
(d) Staying still
2. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda to use in order to relieve his muscles?
3. Castaneda admits that the __________ is only real when he is with Don Juan.
4. What has Don Genaro done to the Castaneda's car, much to the disbelief of Castaneda?
(a) Repainted it
(c) Burned it to cinders
(d) Made it disappear
5. What does Don Juan want Castaneda to move his eyes back and forth along?
(a) The stars
(b) The ground
(c) The mountains
(d) The bank of fog
6. Castaneda learns how to do a dance that thumps like a __________ from Don Juan in the evening.
7. Don Juan says the Castaneda reminds him of himself - he did not want to be a _____________ either.
(c) Stupid man
8. Where does Don Juan go as the men are talking to each other around the gathering place?
9. Where do the four Indians and Castaneda gather around when they meet up in the border town?
10. If an ________ does not come, then it means Castaneda is not able to hunt power.
11. Who advises against Don Juan and Castaneda staying the night at the rock place of power?
(b) La Catalina
(d) Don Juan
12. Don Juan reminds Castaneda of the time he mentally jammed his ___________ so that he could not use it.
13. Needing explanations is like a ___________ to Castaneda, according to Don Juan's observations.
14. What is the outfit Castaneda sees Don Juan wear when he reemerges from his hiding place?
(a) Swim coach
(c) Show girl
15. Don Juan uses a rock to show the idea of not-doing. "To look at it is ___________ but to see is __________."
(a) Nothing; something
(b) Something; nothing
(c) Doing; not-doing
(d) Not-doing; doing
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda to help him stay warm during the night, even though he has no blanket?
2. Don Juan had planned to __________ Castaneda in the space for a night, but he does not have the power, according to Don Juan.
3. What are Don Juan and Castaneda going to search for when they drive off to the mountains?
4. Don Juan tells Castaneda: "The secret is not in what you do ________________, but rather in what you don't do."
5. The two men leave Castaneda on the mountain to decide whether he feels ready to keep his ___________.
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)