|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A warrior acts as is if he has a ___________, trusting his personal power, according to Don Juan.
2. Don Juan warns Castaneda not to turn around after embracing the Indians because they are ________________.
(a) Now shadows
(b) Lost nothings
(c) Then shadows
(d) Evil plants
3. Don Genaro tells Castaneda of his encounter tackling his __________, a long time ago, it seems.
4. Where do the four Indians and Castaneda gather around when they meet up in the border town?
5. What kind of bed does Don Juan prepare for Castaneda when they are trying to prevent illness in Castaneda?
(c) Deer skin
6. Don Juan tells Castaneda to work on his _________ as if nothing has happened.
7. Don Juan uses a rock to show the idea of not-doing. "To look at it is ___________ but to see is __________."
(a) Nothing; something
(b) Doing; not-doing
(c) Something; nothing
(d) Not-doing; doing
8. What is the name of the person that Castaneda stays with when Don Juan goes off to do an errand?
(a) Don Catalina
(c) Don Genaro
(d) Don Guero
9. The jolt of tackling one's ally is so strong that Castaneda needs to be sure to keep his __________ closed.
10. When Don Juan tells Castaneda to act normal, he instructs him to __________.
11. Don Juan tells Castaneda to concentrate on specific _____________ in order to be successful in his dream work.
12. Don Juan tells Castaneda: "The secret is not in what you do ________________, but rather in what you don't do."
(a) To yourself
(b) To others
(c) In life
13. Castaneda admits that the __________ is only real when he is with Don Juan.
14. What does Don Juan demand when he and Castaneda arrive at the desired location out of town?
15. What does Castaneda ask when Don Genaro tells him he was directed to go to Ixtlan?
(a) What Ixtlan is
(b) If it hurt
(c) Why he didn't run
(d) If he went
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Genaro do with the string and his hat which amazes Castaneda?
2. Personal power is a ____________, or a mood, according to Don Juan, even though Castaneda does not understand this.
3. Castaneda tells the creature that they are there to ______________ the world
4. Don Juan yells at Castaneda who feels strange, as though something is about to ____________.
5. Don Juan says they must wait for an omen to know what to do with the ____________ who is interfering with Castaneda.
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)