|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Castaneda ask when Don Genaro tells him he was directed to go to Ixtlan?
(a) What Ixtlan is
(b) Why he didn't run
(c) If it hurt
(d) If he went
2. Who advises against Don Juan and Castaneda staying the night at the rock place of power?
(a) Don Juan
(b) La Catalina
3. Don Juan reminds Castaneda of the time he mentally jammed his ___________ so that he could not use it.
4. What is the yellow mass that Castaneda is told to stare at when he and Don Juan go to the desert?
5. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda to help him stay warm during the night, even though he has no blanket?
6. Don Juan warns Castaneda not to turn around after embracing the Indians because they are ________________.
(a) Lost nothings
(b) Now shadows
(c) Evil plants
(d) Then shadows
7. Castaneda learns how to do a dance that thumps like a __________ from Don Juan in the evening.
8. Don Juan says the Castaneda reminds him of himself - he did not want to be a _____________ either.
(c) Stupid man
9. Don Juan yells at Castaneda who feels strange, as though something is about to ____________.
10. What are Don Juan and Castaneda going to search for when they drive off to the mountains?
11. The jolt of tackling one's ally is so strong that Castaneda needs to be sure to keep his __________ closed.
12. What kind of bed does Don Juan prepare for Castaneda when they are trying to prevent illness in Castaneda?
(a) Deer skin
13. Don Juan says they must wait for an omen to know what to do with the ____________ who is interfering with Castaneda.
14. What does Castaneda see that makes him realize that he is just the same as this item?
15. Each person is born with a _________ of power and each is linked to everyone else's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Genaro admit to not being afraid of since he does have allies?
2. Castaneda is learning to make traps in order to catch an animal who can provide him with ______________.
3. What does Castaneda describe as - its eyes are friendly and clear - so he is not afraid of it?
4. What is the name of the person that Castaneda stays with when Don Juan goes off to do an errand?
5. Castaneda tells the creature that they are there to ______________ the world
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)