|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Castaneda tells the creature that they are there to ______________ the world
2. Don Juan tells Castaneda to work on his _________ as if nothing has happened.
3. What has Don Genaro done to the Castaneda's car, much to the disbelief of Castaneda?
(b) Made it disappear
(c) Repainted it
(d) Burned it to cinders
4. Don Juan reminds Castaneda of the time he mentally jammed his ___________ so that he could not use it.
5. What does Don Juan collect for the night, though he does not let Castaneda help him?
6. What does Don Juan want Castaneda to move his eyes back and forth along?
(a) The mountains
(b) The ground
(c) The bank of fog
(d) The stars
7. As Castaneda might become deathly ill, they must go to his place of ____________ to be cleansed and restored.
8. What is the name of the person that Castaneda stays with when Don Juan goes off to do an errand?
(b) Don Guero
(c) Don Genaro
(d) Don Catalina
9. Don Genaro tells Castaneda of his encounter tackling his __________, a long time ago, it seems.
10. Don Juan warns Castaneda not to turn around after embracing the Indians because they are ________________.
(a) Evil plants
(b) Now shadows
(c) Lost nothings
(d) Then shadows
11. Don Juan says they must wait for an omen to know what to do with the ____________ who is interfering with Castaneda.
12. What does Don Genaro admit to not being afraid of since he does have allies?
(b) Evil spirits
(c) La Catalina
13. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda to help him stay warm during the night, even though he has no blanket?
14. If Castaneda is not able to hunt for power, Don Juan says that he will be free to be _____________, but Don Juan will continue to be his friend.
(a) A writer
(b) A plant scholar
(c) A student
15. What is the yellow mass that Castaneda is told to stare at when he and Don Juan go to the desert?
Short Answer Questions
1. A warrior acts as is if he has a ___________, trusting his personal power, according to Don Juan.
2. What does Don Juan demand when he and Castaneda arrive at the desired location out of town?
3. What does Don Genaro do with the string and his hat which amazes Castaneda?
4. Castaneda is learning to make traps in order to catch an animal who can provide him with ______________.
5. Don Juan tells Castaneda that the rocks around him are not rocks, but rather they are _________ that hold him suspended.
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)