|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Don Juan and Castaneda going to search for when they drive off to the mountains?
2. What kind of bed does Don Juan prepare for Castaneda when they are trying to prevent illness in Castaneda?
(d) Deer skin
3. Castaneda is learning to make traps in order to catch an animal who can provide him with ______________.
(a) Power food
(c) Hallucinogenic experiences
4. Where do the four Indians and Castaneda gather around when they meet up in the border town?
5. Each person is born with a _________ of power and each is linked to everyone else's.
6. What does Castaneda see that makes him realize that he is just the same as this item?
7. What does Don Juan collect for the night, though he does not let Castaneda help him?
8. Don Juan tricked Castaneda into confronting her for the purpose of finding Castaneda a ______________.
(b) New teacher
(c) Worthy opponent
(d) Power animal
9. Don Juan says that the storing of _________ is a personal thing that he cannot define or explain.
10. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda to use in order to relieve his muscles?
11. Don Juan tells Castaneda to concentrate on specific _____________ in order to be successful in his dream work.
12. If Castaneda is not able to hunt for power, Don Juan says that he will be free to be _____________, but Don Juan will continue to be his friend.
(a) A student
(b) A plant scholar
(c) A writer
13. What does Castaneda ask when Don Genaro tells him he was directed to go to Ixtlan?
(a) If he went
(b) What Ixtlan is
(c) Why he didn't run
(d) If it hurt
14. Don Juan reminds Castaneda of the time he mentally jammed his ___________ so that he could not use it.
15. Don Juan tells Castaneda to work on his _________ as if nothing has happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person that Castaneda stays with when Don Juan goes off to do an errand?
2. Castaneda tells the creature that they are there to ______________ the world
3. But when Castaneda gets an explanation of the rings of power, he only wanted to get an explanation for ____________.
4. Needing explanations is like a ___________ to Castaneda, according to Don Juan's observations.
5. Don Juan tells Castaneda to look without __________ until he sees something before him.
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)