|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The two men leave Castaneda on the mountain to decide whether he feels ready to keep his ___________.
2. Don Juan admits he has seen his own death watching him and has danced to it as though he was __________.
3. When Don Juan tells Castaneda to act normal, he instructs him to __________.
4. Castaneda tells the creature that they are there to ______________ the world
5. What does Castaneda see that makes him realize that he is just the same as this item?
6. Castaneda admits that the __________ is only real when he is with Don Juan.
7. What does Don Juan want Castaneda to move his eyes back and forth along?
(a) The mountains
(b) The ground
(c) The stars
(d) The bank of fog
8. Don Juan tells Castaneda to look without __________ until he sees something before him.
(d) Staying still
9. What does Castaneda describe as - its eyes are friendly and clear - so he is not afraid of it?
10. Don Juan had planned to __________ Castaneda in the space for a night, but he does not have the power, according to Don Juan.
(b) Sit with
11. As Castaneda's benefactor, it is up to Don Juan to take him to ___________.
(a) The brink
(b) His darkness
(c) His power
(d) His answers
12. Don Juan reminds Castaneda of the time he mentally jammed his ___________ so that he could not use it.
13. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda to use in order to relieve his muscles?
14. What is the outfit Castaneda sees Don Juan wear when he reemerges from his hiding place?
(b) Show girl
(d) Swim coach
15. The place of power is not a ___________, so there are no bones buried there as Castaneda guesses might be.
(d) Ritual space
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the four Indians and Castaneda gather around when they meet up in the border town?
2. Don Juan tells Castaneda that this mood he tends to lapse into is like a _____________.
3. Don Juan yells at Castaneda who feels strange, as though something is about to ____________.
4. What are Don Juan and Castaneda going to search for when they drive off to the mountains?
5. Where does Don Juan go as the men are talking to each other around the gathering place?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)