|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of bed does Don Juan prepare for Castaneda when they are trying to prevent illness in Castaneda?
(a) Deer skin
2. Castaneda is learning to make traps in order to catch an animal who can provide him with ______________.
(a) Power food
(d) Hallucinogenic experiences
3. A warrior acts as is if he has a ___________, trusting his personal power, according to Don Juan.
4. Don Juan says the Castaneda reminds him of himself - he did not want to be a _____________ either.
(d) Stupid man
5. What are Don Juan and Castaneda going to search for when they drive off to the mountains?
6. But when Castaneda gets an explanation of the rings of power, he only wanted to get an explanation for ____________.
(a) The pirate costume
(b) The show girl costume
(c) The place of power
(d) The other Indians
7. What makes Castaneda and the item from #170 the same - Our __________ made us equal.
8. Each person is born with a _________ of power and each is linked to everyone else's.
9. Where do the four Indians and Castaneda gather around when they meet up in the border town?
10. Don Juan warns Castaneda not to turn around after embracing the Indians because they are ________________.
(a) Lost nothings
(b) Now shadows
(c) Then shadows
(d) Evil plants
11. The two men leave Castaneda on the mountain to decide whether he feels ready to keep his ___________.
12. Castaneda tells the creature that they are there to ______________ the world
13. Castaneda's attempts to stop _________ with Don Genaro were disastrous, according to Castaneda.
(a) The evil
(b) The world
(c) The water
(d) The peyote spirit
14. Castaneda admits that the __________ is only real when he is with Don Juan.
15. Don Juan tells Castaneda that the rocks around him are not rocks, but rather they are _________ that hold him suspended.
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan says that the storing of _________ is a personal thing that he cannot define or explain.
2. When Don Juan and Castaneda go to a certain place of power, it is explained this rock formation is a place where warriors were once __________.
3. Don Juan tricked Castaneda into confronting her for the purpose of finding Castaneda a ______________.
4. Don Juan admits he has seen his own death watching him and has danced to it as though he was __________.
5. Don Juan tells Castaneda to look without __________ until he sees something before him.
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)