|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Genaro do with the string and his hat which amazes Castaneda?
(a) Makes a kite
(b) Makes a meal
(c) Finds water
(d) Starts the car
2. What makes Castaneda and the item from #170 the same - Our __________ made us equal.
3. Castaneda's attempts to stop _________ with Don Genaro were disastrous, according to Castaneda.
(a) The peyote spirit
(b) The evil
(c) The world
(d) The water
4. But when Castaneda gets an explanation of the rings of power, he only wanted to get an explanation for ____________.
(a) The place of power
(b) The pirate costume
(c) The show girl costume
(d) The other Indians
5. Don Juan tells Castaneda to concentrate on specific _____________ in order to be successful in his dream work.
6. Needing explanations is like a ___________ to Castaneda, according to Don Juan's observations.
7. When Don Juan tells Castaneda to act normal, he instructs him to __________.
8. Castaneda tells the creature that they are there to ______________ the world
9. Don Juan warns Castaneda not to turn around after embracing the Indians because they are ________________.
(a) Now shadows
(b) Evil plants
(c) Lost nothings
(d) Then shadows
10. The two men leave Castaneda on the mountain to decide whether he feels ready to keep his ___________.
11. What does Don Juan collect for the night, though he does not let Castaneda help him?
12. Don Juan says they must wait for an omen to know what to do with the ____________ who is interfering with Castaneda.
13. Don Genaro tells Castaneda of his encounter tackling his __________, a long time ago, it seems.
14. Don Juan tells Castaneda to work on his _________ as if nothing has happened.
15. If Castaneda is not able to hunt for power, Don Juan says that he will be free to be _____________, but Don Juan will continue to be his friend.
(b) A writer
(c) A plant scholar
(d) A student
Short Answer Questions
1. Each person is born with a _________ of power and each is linked to everyone else's.
2. What does Don Juan want Castaneda to move his eyes back and forth along?
3. Castaneda is learning to make traps in order to catch an animal who can provide him with ______________.
4. Don Juan tells Castaneda: "The secret is not in what you do ________________, but rather in what you don't do."
5. What does Castaneda ask when Don Genaro tells him he was directed to go to Ixtlan?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)