|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan states that when one has no personal history, no _____________ are needed anymore.
2. Don Juan is insistent that the only thing needed is _________ instead of talk.
3. Castaneda does not agree with his friend because Don Juan demonstrates an ability to _________ him too accurately.
(a) Reveal secrets to
(c) Lie to
4. Castaneda admits he is afraid of thinking about __________.
(a) His family
5. Did Castaneda shoot the revered bird when it was in his line of sight?
(a) It's not clear
(d) Yes, but it was only injured
6. What time did the relative of Castaneda finally get up each day, causing him to never go swimming?
(a) 7:00 AM
(b) 1:00 PM
(c) 10:00 AM
(d) 12:00 PM
7. Don Juan believes that Castaneda thinks he is _______________ enough to be annoyed at everything.
8. Don Juan tells Castaneda that ____________ is our constant companion.
(c) Plant life
(d) The bird message
9. When a man takes responsibility for his decisions, he can move ahead without ___________ or remorse.
10. How should one's fingers be curled as one walks, according to Don Juan as he speaks to Castaneda?
11. Castaneda wants to know what Don Juan has ___________ to him since no one else knew about that bird.
12. If Castaneda wants to learn about plants, according to Don Juan, he must change his __________.
13. When Castaneda asks Don Juan if he is being serious, Don Juan responds that he is being ______________.
(b) Deadly serious
14. Which appliance makes a noise which Don Juan interprets as agreement?
15. Castaneda can't believe Don Juan takes ____________ as reality.
(b) Vision quests
(d) Medicine journeys
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan wants to know if Castaneda is thinking of a ___________ when he looks into his eyes.
2. How many months of extra research does Castaneda do in preparation for his work with Don Juan?
3. Castaneda reminds Don Juan he is willing to __________, which means he can ask anything he wants.
4. What kind of song does Don Juan begin to hum as he talks about the idea that one of them must change?
5. Don Juan calls Castaneda a fool because this could be his last _______________.
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)