|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was different about the bird Castaneda and his grandfather hunted on his grandfather's farm?
(a) It was lame
(b) It had three wings
(c) It was albino
(d) It was green
2. Which appliance makes a noise which Don Juan interprets as agreement?
3. What does Castaneda want to bring with him when he sees Don Juan?
(b) Another medicine man
(c) Camera and recorder
4. Don Juan wants to know if Castaneda is thinking of a ___________ when he looks into his eyes.
(a) Funny bird
(c) Swimming pool
5. Don Juan says that Castaneda's flaw is that he does not take _____________ for what he does.
6. For Castaneda to find the proper place, he will need to learn to _______________.
(a) Listen to his heart
(b) Cross his eyes
(c) Make friends with the wind
(d) Sleep in silence
7. Don Juan says that he will teach Castaneda to be a ___________, though that might not make him one.
(b) Teacher of others
(c) Medicine man
8. Where is Castaneda told to look for a special spot where he can find benefit?
(a) Living room
9. What kind of farm did Castaneda's grandfather own when he was a boy?
10. Don Juan says that the only thing indispensable to their work together is __________.
(a) The spirit
(b) The plants
(c) The will
(d) The money
11. What is the cause of Castaneda's ill feelings at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Jimsom Weed
12. What do the animals they are watching do once they lose their predators in a chase?
(a) Hide in a hole
(b) Sit on a tall tree
(c) Groom themselves
(d) Burrow in the ground
13. What does Castaneda complain about, though Don Juan tells him they are not important?
(a) Red spots
(b) Voices in his head
(c) Hunger pangs
(d) Weird dreams
14. What does Don Juan say he called his father when he was in his life?
(a) Man of knowledge
(b) Don Juan
(c) Don Juarez
15. Don Juan orders Castaneda to go talk to some ____________ in a loud and clear voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Castaneda admits he is afraid of thinking about __________.
2. The crow that cawed earlier in the story was not cawing for Don Juan, it was cawing for ______________.
3. Don Juan tells Castaneda that ____________ are not enough to learn about peyote.
4. When one shifts the way he looks at the world, he can have a double ___________ of the world.
5. Don Juan tells Castaneda not to ___________ in fear, though Castaneda is very afraid as he travels to make himself accessible to power.
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)