|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Castaneda tells Don Juan that he is a _____________ and that cannot be changed.
(a) Medicine man
(d) Yaqui Indian
2. The two men must keep talking because the human voice will attract ___________ to them.
3. Don Juan feels the difference between him and Castaneda is that Castaneda feels he is ____________.
4. The crow that cawed earlier in the story was not cawing for Don Juan, it was cawing for ______________.
(b) Don Geralo
(c) Castaneda's friend
(d) La Catalina
5. What does Castaneda pull out that he wants to fill in with Don Juan while he is with him?
(a) Genealogy chart
(b) Photo album
(c) Progress notes
(d) Medical record
6. What is an entity with a will of its own which Don Juan and Castaneda are trying to hide from?
(b) Mother Earth
(d) Jimson Weed
7. Don Juan tells Castaneda to ____________ if it will put him at ease after his experience with the plant medicine.
(c) Take notes
8. Don Juan tells Castaneda that one can stop ______________ at the drop of a hat.
(b) The heart
(c) The rocks
9. What can a person do when a person learns how to stop the world, according to Don Juan?
(a) They can fly
(b) They can bring back the dead
(c) They can change the future
(d) The world can collapse
10. Did Castaneda shoot the revered bird when it was in his line of sight?
(a) Yes, but it was only injured
(d) It's not clear
11. What does Castaneda lose track of as he begins to follow the lessons of Don Juan during the morning?
(a) His bag
(b) His notebook
(c) His thirst
12. What does Castaneda continue to bring up, even though Don Juan never seems to answer him?
(a) The car
(c) His book
(d) His father
13. Don Juan is acting in a crazy manner because he tells Castaneda that he always worries about __________, even if he is not hungry.
14. Don Juan tells Castaneda it takes a long time to learn about ___________.
15. When a man takes responsibility for his decisions, he can move ahead without ___________ or remorse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan explains that _____________ is what makes a creature magical.
2. What kind of farm did Castaneda's grandfather own when he was a boy?
3. Don Juan orders Castaneda to go talk to some ____________ in a loud and clear voice.
4. What causes Castaneda to study for a longer period of time before working with Don Juan?
5. Castaneda concedes that Don Juan does not ____________ anything of him.
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)