|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an entity with a will of its own which Don Juan and Castaneda are trying to hide from?
(b) Jimson Weed
(d) Mother Earth
2. Did Castaneda shoot the revered bird when it was in his line of sight?
(a) It's not clear
(d) Yes, but it was only injured
3. Castaneda tells Don Juan that he is a _____________ and that cannot be changed.
(b) Yaqui Indian
(c) Medicine man
4. What does Don Juan do when he tells Castaneda that he is always angry and righteous?
5. Don Juan tells Castaneda that his last girlfriend left him because he was too ______________.
6. Don Juan tells Castaneda it is important that Castaneda not __________ him.
(b) Listen to
(d) Agree with
7. While Don Juan calls Castaneda's body stupid and young, he corrects the term stupid and replaces it with __________.
8. Where is Castaneda told to look for a special spot where he can find benefit?
(a) Living room
9. What can a person do when a person learns how to stop the world, according to Don Juan?
(a) They can bring back the dead
(b) They can fly
(c) The world can collapse
(d) They can change the future
10. What time did the relative of Castaneda finally get up each day, causing him to never go swimming?
(a) 12:00 PM
(b) 10:00 AM
(c) 7:00 AM
(d) 1:00 PM
11. Castaneda is frustrated that it seems to be okay for Don Juan to ___________ but it's wrong for Castaneda to do so.
(a) Eat plants
12. Don Juan says that Castaneda's flaw is that he does not take _____________ for what he does.
13. When a man takes responsibility for his decisions, he can move ahead without ___________ or remorse.
14. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda when he begins to drink his water, saying it will quench his thirst?
15. Castaneda admits he is afraid of thinking about __________.
(d) His family
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan tells Castaneda his eyes will make him ____________ a good resting place.
2. Don Juan tells Castaneda that if they had kept more of the animals, the shrubs and the other animals would have united to __________.
3. What causes Castaneda to study for a longer period of time before working with Don Juan?
4. What bird's features does Castaneda finally see when he looks at Don Juan's face for a while?
5. What did Don Juan save Castaneda from when he drags him away after charging at him?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)