|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan believes the _____________ is looking for Castaneda.
(c) Peyote spirit
2. Don Juan tells Castaneda his eyes will make him ____________ a good resting place.
3. What does Castaneda lose track of as he begins to follow the lessons of Don Juan during the morning?
(a) His thirst
(b) His notebook
(d) His bag
4. Did Castaneda shoot the revered bird when it was in his line of sight?
(a) Yes, but it was only injured
(c) It's not clear
5. When a rock crashes down a hill nearby, Don Juan tells Castaneda that it is an _____________
6. What flies overhead, making Castaneda laugh without any clear reason?
7. What does Castaneda continue to bring up, even though Don Juan never seems to answer him?
(a) His book
(b) The car
(c) His father
8. What did Castaneda want to be, but never saw fully realized in his life?
(d) Movie star
9. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda to eat when he is sitting in the sunlight?
(b) Dry meat
10. Don Juan says that Castaneda is too __________ and should start to erase himself.
11. Don Juan tells Castaneda to ____________ if it will put him at ease after his experience with the plant medicine.
(a) Take notes
12. What does Castaneda boast to Don Juan that he knows about?
(a) Wind spirits
(c) Jimsom Weed
13. What can a person do when a person learns how to stop the world, according to Don Juan?
(a) The world can collapse
(b) They can bring back the dead
(c) They can change the future
(d) They can fly
14. To be a hunter, according to Don Juan, one cannot have _________.
15. Don Juan tells Castaneda he is too __________ and takes himself too seriously.
(d) Close minded
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan is acting in a crazy manner because he tells Castaneda that he always worries about __________, even if he is not hungry.
2. What causes Castaneda to study for a longer period of time before working with Don Juan?
3. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda when he begins to drink his water, saying it will quench his thirst?
4. Castaneda admits he is afraid of thinking about __________.
5. The friend of Castaneda who put him in touch with Don Juan thinks the Indian is _________.
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)