|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Castaneda continue to bring up, even though Don Juan never seems to answer him?
(a) The car
(b) His father
(c) His book
2. The fact that __________ is stalking Castaneda leaves no room for doubt or for remorse.
(a) La Catalina
3. Some people live happily, according to Don Juan, because they understand that life can _____________.
(a) End suddenly
(b) Be joyful
(c) Be unpredictable
(d) Be longer than they thought
4. What happens after Castaneda continues to try to cross his eyes, as Don Juan has instructed him?
(a) Visions of Don Juan
5. What kind of farm did Castaneda's grandfather own when he was a boy?
6. How many months of extra research does Castaneda do in preparation for his work with Don Juan?
(a) 2 weeks
(b) 6 months
(c) 1 years
(d) 1 week
7. The two men must keep talking because the human voice will attract ___________ to them.
8. Castaneda is frustrated that it seems to be okay for Don Juan to ___________ but it's wrong for Castaneda to do so.
(b) Eat plants
9. Don Juan tells Castaneda his eyes will make him ____________ a good resting place.
10. Castaneda reminds Don Juan he is willing to __________, which means he can ask anything he wants.
(b) Give him a cut of the book profits
11. Castaneda checks with Don Juan to make sure he is not interrupting his ____________.
12. Who once promised to take Castaneda swimming every day at 6:00 AM, but never did?
(a) His father
(b) His mother
(c) His uncle
(d) His brother
13. What did Castaneda want to be, but never saw fully realized in his life?
(a) Movie star
14. Don Juan tells Castaneda that one can stop ______________ at the drop of a hat.
(b) The rocks
(d) The heart
15. Castaneda concedes that Don Juan does not ____________ anything of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan orders Castaneda to go talk to some ____________ in a loud and clear voice.
2. Castaneda says that even if he appears to be ____________, he still wants to learn from Don Juan.
3. Don Juan states that when one has no personal history, no _____________ are needed anymore.
4. Don Juan wants to know if Castaneda is thinking of a ___________ when he looks into his eyes.
5. Don Juan tells Castaneda to lie between two _______ and to cover himself with branches.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)