|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To be a hunter, according to Don Juan, one cannot have _________.
2. Don Juan tells Castaneda that one can stop ______________ at the drop of a hat.
(a) The heart
(d) The rocks
3. What kind of student is Carlos Castaneda when he goes to meet with Don Juan?
4. Don Juan tells Castaneda that one has to live like a ___________ in order to set traps.
5. Don Juan states that when one has no personal history, no _____________ are needed anymore.
6. What does Don Juan do when he tells Castaneda that he is always angry and righteous?
7. Castaneda says that even if he appears to be ____________, he still wants to learn from Don Juan.
(a) All knowing
8. Don Juan is insistent that the only thing needed is _________ instead of talk.
9. Don Juan feels the difference between him and Castaneda is that Castaneda feels he is ____________.
10. Castaneda can't believe Don Juan takes ____________ as reality.
(a) Medicine journeys
(d) Vision quests
11. The fact that __________ is stalking Castaneda leaves no room for doubt or for remorse.
(a) La Catalina
12. What was different about the bird Castaneda and his grandfather hunted on his grandfather's farm?
(a) It was albino
(b) It was green
(c) It had three wings
(d) It was lame
13. Don Juan orders Castaneda to go talk to some ____________ in a loud and clear voice.
14. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda when he begins to drink his water, saying it will quench his thirst?
15. Don Juan tells Castaneda the first time he saw him, he ________ that Castaneda was lying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan tells Castaneda he is too __________ and takes himself too seriously.
2. When one shifts the way he looks at the world, he can have a double ___________ of the world.
3. Don Juan says that Castaneda's flaw is that he does not take _____________ for what he does.
4. Castaneda's problem, according to Don Juan, is that he compulsively _________ everything to everyone.
5. What does Castaneda pull out that he wants to fill in with Don Juan while he is with him?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)