|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Castaneda complain about, though Don Juan tells him they are not important?
(a) Red spots
(b) Weird dreams
(c) Hunger pangs
(d) Voices in his head
2. Castaneda's problem, according to Don Juan, is that he compulsively _________ everything to everyone.
3. What is an entity with a will of its own which Don Juan and Castaneda are trying to hide from?
(a) Mother Earth
(c) Jimson Weed
4. What causes Castaneda to study for a longer period of time before working with Don Juan?
(a) Lack of will
(b) His friend
(c) A glance from Don Juan
(d) Lack of money
5. Castaneda admits he is afraid of thinking about __________.
(c) His family
6. The friend of Castaneda who put him in touch with Don Juan thinks the Indian is _________.
7. What does Castaneda lose track of as he begins to follow the lessons of Don Juan during the morning?
(a) His notebook
(b) His thirst
(c) His bag
8. To Castaneda, Don Juan's ways would make his life more ____________.
9. When Don Juan tells Castaneda to look into his eyes, what does Castaneda report that he feels when he does?
10. Don Juan tells Castaneda to lie between two _______ and to cover himself with branches.
11. Don Juan says that the only thing indispensable to their work together is __________.
(a) The will
(b) The spirit
(c) The money
(d) The plants
12. Don Juan tells Castaneda that if they had kept more of the animals, the shrubs and the other animals would have united to __________.
(a) Kill them
(b) Warn them
(c) Hide them
(d) Stop them
13. Don Juan tells Castaneda that ____________ is our constant companion.
(b) Plant life
(d) The bird message
14. Don Juan states that when one has no personal history, no _____________ are needed anymore.
15. Don Juan points out that Castaneda walks in a ___________ way and that it will harm his learning.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Castaneda says he will pay Don Juan for his services, Don Juan answers, "Pay me for my time with your _______."
2. What does Castaneda pull out that he wants to fill in with Don Juan while he is with him?
3. Some people live happily, according to Don Juan, because they understand that life can _____________.
4. What can a person do when a person learns how to stop the world, according to Don Juan?
5. What time did the relative of Castaneda finally get up each day, causing him to never go swimming?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)