|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan wants to know if Castaneda is thinking of a ___________ when he looks into his eyes.
(a) Swimming pool
(c) Funny bird
2. Don Juan orders Castaneda to go talk to some ____________ in a loud and clear voice.
3. Where is Castaneda told to look for a special spot where he can find benefit?
(b) Living room
4. When a man takes responsibility for his decisions, he can move ahead without ___________ or remorse.
5. To Castaneda, Don Juan's ways would make his life more ____________.
6. When a rock crashes down a hill nearby, Don Juan tells Castaneda that it is an _____________
7. Don Juan tells Castaneda it takes a long time to learn about ___________.
8. What time did the relative of Castaneda finally get up each day, causing him to never go swimming?
(a) 7:00 AM
(b) 12:00 PM
(c) 10:00 AM
(d) 1:00 PM
9. Agreement is not enough, according to Don Juan, he should instead ____________ instantly.
(b) Be grateful
10. Don Juan tells Castaneda the first time he saw him, he ________ that Castaneda was lying.
11. Castaneda contends that being __________ does not involve hiding or secrecy but inaccessibility.
12. After Castaneda laughs at Don Juan's response to a question, Don Juan tells him to not waste his time with ___________.
(a) The earth
(c) That crap
13. Don Juan points out that Castaneda walks in a ___________ way and that it will harm his learning.
14. When Castaneda says he will pay Don Juan for his services, Don Juan answers, "Pay me for my time with your _______."
15. Castaneda is frustrated that it seems to be okay for Don Juan to ___________ but it's wrong for Castaneda to do so.
(a) Eat plants
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an entity with a will of its own which Don Juan and Castaneda are trying to hide from?
2. Don Juan says that he dropped his personal history the way he dropped ______________.
3. Don Juan explains that _____________ is what makes a creature magical.
4. What kind of student is Carlos Castaneda when he goes to meet with Don Juan?
5. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda when he begins to drink his water, saying it will quench his thirst?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)