|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The friend of Castaneda who put him in touch with Don Juan thinks the Indian is _________.
2. What kind of farm did Castaneda's grandfather own when he was a boy?
3. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda to eat when he is sitting in the sunlight?
(c) Dry meat
4. Don Juan tells Castaneda not to ___________ in fear, though Castaneda is very afraid as he travels to make himself accessible to power.
5. Don Juan says that Castaneda is too __________ and should start to erase himself.
6. What flies overhead, making Castaneda laugh without any clear reason?
7. What does the animal do with Don Juan which makes Castaneda not believe his story?
(a) Push him
(c) Drink coffee
8. What is the cause of Castaneda's ill feelings at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Jimsom Weed
9. A creature that is impossible to track is something that happens ______________.
(a) Only to bad hunters
(b) Every day
(c) Once in a lifetime
(d) In another realm
10. Don Juan grabs eight __________ and tells Castaneda to do the same while apologizing for hurting the plants.
11. To be a hunter, according to Don Juan, one cannot have _________.
12. What causes Castaneda to study for a longer period of time before working with Don Juan?
(a) A glance from Don Juan
(b) Lack of will
(c) Lack of money
(d) His friend
13. Castaneda concedes that Don Juan does not ____________ anything of him.
14. Who once promised to take Castaneda swimming every day at 6:00 AM, but never did?
(a) His brother
(b) His father
(c) His mother
(d) His uncle
15. Which appliance makes a noise which Don Juan interprets as agreement?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Castaneda told to look for a special spot where he can find benefit?
2. Castaneda is frustrated that it seems to be okay for Don Juan to ___________ but it's wrong for Castaneda to do so.
3. Castaneda can't believe Don Juan takes ____________ as reality.
4. When Castaneda says he will pay Don Juan for his services, Don Juan answers, "Pay me for my time with your _______."
5. What must Don Juan and Castaneda get away from, according to Don Juan?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)