|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan feels the difference between him and Castaneda is that Castaneda feels he is ____________.
2. Don Juan tells Castaneda to ____________ if it will put him at ease after his experience with the plant medicine.
(b) Take notes
3. Castaneda admits that on ____________ occasions when he stood on a space Don Juan deemed bad, he felt ill.
4. When one shifts the way he looks at the world, he can have a double ___________ of the world.
5. When Carlos Castaneda goes to work with Don Juan Matus, what does he want to study?
(a) Animal spirits
(b) Indian culture
(c) Psychotropic plants
(d) The desert
6. What does Castaneda pull out that he wants to fill in with Don Juan while he is with him?
(a) Photo album
(b) Medical record
(c) Genealogy chart
(d) Progress notes
7. The two men must keep talking because the human voice will attract ___________ to them.
8. What does Don Juan do when he tells Castaneda that he is always angry and righteous?
9. What does Don Juan do to indicate that lunch time is over, confusing Castaneda?
(a) Siren sound
(b) A mess of the table
(c) Yells loudly
(d) Pulls Castaneda's food away
10. What was different about the bird Castaneda and his grandfather hunted on his grandfather's farm?
(a) It was albino
(b) It was green
(c) It had three wings
(d) It was lame
11. Don Juan does not believe that Castaneda is trying to ___________. He believes Castaneda's life is just as bad as when they met.
12. How many animals do Don Juan and Castaneda catch by the end of the day?
13. Don Juan says that the only thing indispensable to their work together is __________.
(a) The plants
(b) The will
(c) The money
(d) The spirit
14. What did Castaneda want to be, but never saw fully realized in his life?
(c) Movie star
15. What kind of student is Carlos Castaneda when he goes to meet with Don Juan?
Short Answer Questions
1. Agreement is not enough, according to Don Juan, he should instead ____________ instantly.
2. To Castaneda, Don Juan's ways would make his life more ____________.
3. Don Juan grabs eight __________ and tells Castaneda to do the same while apologizing for hurting the plants.
4. Castaneda's mistake in not seeing his dream come to life is that Castaneda always thinks he has plenty of __________.
5. Don Juan says that he dropped his personal history the way he dropped ______________.
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)