|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of farm did Castaneda's grandfather own when he was a boy?
2. What does Don Juan begin to teach Castaneda to make as they are out with the animals in the morning?
3. Castaneda concedes he is considered ________________, even though he never lies.
4. Don Juan believes the _____________ is looking for Castaneda.
(c) Peyote spirit
5. Don Juan believes that Castaneda thinks he is _______________ enough to be annoyed at everything.
6. Don Juan asks Castaneda to name something in his life that has _______________ all his thoughts.
7. Don Juan tells Castaneda he is too __________ and takes himself too seriously.
(d) Close minded
8. What does Castaneda lose track of as he begins to follow the lessons of Don Juan during the morning?
(a) His bag
(b) His notebook
(d) His thirst
9. Who once promised to take Castaneda swimming every day at 6:00 AM, but never did?
(a) His mother
(b) His uncle
(c) His brother
(d) His father
10. Don Juan states that when one has no personal history, no _____________ are needed anymore.
11. Don Juan tells Castaneda his eyes will make him ____________ a good resting place.
12. The friend of Castaneda who put him in touch with Don Juan thinks the Indian is _________.
13. Don Juan tells Castaneda that if they had kept more of the animals, the shrubs and the other animals would have united to __________.
(a) Stop them
(b) Warn them
(c) Hide them
(d) Kill them
14. Don Juan says that he will teach Castaneda to be a ___________, though that might not make him one.
(a) Teacher of others
(c) Medicine man
15. The two men must keep talking because the human voice will attract ___________ to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan and Castaneda climb a mountain and Don Juan says they must behave as __________ as possible.
2. According to Don Juan, the key to becoming a hunter is to want to ____________.
3. Castaneda checks with Don Juan to make sure he is not interrupting his ____________.
4. To be a hunter, according to Don Juan, one cannot have _________.
5. What kind of animal does Don Juan talk about having chased during his life?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)