|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda when he begins to drink his water, saying it will quench his thirst?
2. Don Juan orders Castaneda to go talk to some ____________ in a loud and clear voice.
3. How should one's fingers be curled as one walks, according to Don Juan as he speaks to Castaneda?
4. Castaneda tells Don Juan that he is a _____________ and that cannot be changed.
(a) Medicine man
(b) Yaqui Indian
5. What can a person do when a person learns how to stop the world, according to Don Juan?
(a) They can change the future
(b) They can bring back the dead
(c) The world can collapse
(d) They can fly
6. A creature that is impossible to track is something that happens ______________.
(a) Every day
(b) Only to bad hunters
(c) Once in a lifetime
(d) In another realm
7. After Castaneda laughs at Don Juan's response to a question, Don Juan tells him to not waste his time with ___________.
(a) That crap
(c) The earth
8. Don Juan says that the only thing indispensable to their work together is __________.
(a) The will
(b) The money
(c) The plants
(d) The spirit
9. What is the cause of Castaneda's ill feelings at the beginning of this chapter?
(b) Jimsom Weed
10. Castaneda contends that being __________ does not involve hiding or secrecy but inaccessibility.
11. According to Don Juan, the key to becoming a hunter is to want to ____________.
(d) Track someone else
12. What is an entity with a will of its own which Don Juan and Castaneda are trying to hide from?
(a) Mother Earth
(d) Jimson Weed
13. Don Juan tells Castaneda that ____________ are not enough to learn about peyote.
(b) Book deadlines
14. What flies overhead, making Castaneda laugh without any clear reason?
15. The friend of Castaneda who put him in touch with Don Juan thinks the Indian is _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan tells Castaneda to lie between two _______ and to cover himself with branches.
2. Don Juan tells Castaneda that his last girlfriend left him because he was too ______________.
3. Castaneda says that even if he appears to be ____________, he still wants to learn from Don Juan.
4. How many of the animals do Don Juan and Castaneda keep for themselves for eating?
5. Don Juan does not believe that Castaneda is trying to ___________. He believes Castaneda's life is just as bad as when they met.
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)