|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Castaneda told to look for a special spot where he can find benefit?
(b) Living room
2. What time did the relative of Castaneda finally get up each day, causing him to never go swimming?
(a) 12:00 PM
(b) 7:00 AM
(c) 1:00 PM
(d) 10:00 AM
3. Castaneda is frustrated that it seems to be okay for Don Juan to ___________ but it's wrong for Castaneda to do so.
(b) Eat plants
4. What bird's features does Castaneda finally see when he looks at Don Juan's face for a while?
5. How many animals do Don Juan and Castaneda catch by the end of the day?
6. What kind of student is Carlos Castaneda when he goes to meet with Don Juan?
7. What is the animal Castaneda interacted with when he was under the influence of the peyote?
8. What does the animal do with Don Juan which makes Castaneda not believe his story?
(b) Drink coffee
(d) Push him
9. Castaneda's mistake in not seeing his dream come to life is that Castaneda always thinks he has plenty of __________.
10. If Castaneda wants to learn about plants, according to Don Juan, he must change his __________.
11. For Castaneda to find the proper place, he will need to learn to _______________.
(a) Make friends with the wind
(b) Cross his eyes
(c) Listen to his heart
(d) Sleep in silence
12. Castaneda believes his father was __________ because he never carried through any plan.
13. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda to eat when he is sitting in the sunlight?
(c) Dry meat
14. What has Don Juan built around himself in an effort to prevent others from knowing what he is or what he does?
15. Because of Castaneda's experience with the peyote spirit, Don Juan points out he is a ____________.
(a) Chosen man
(b) Medicine man
Short Answer Questions
1. When a rock crashes down a hill nearby, Don Juan tells Castaneda that it is an _____________
2. What does Castaneda continue to bring up, even though Don Juan never seems to answer him?
3. Did Castaneda shoot the revered bird when it was in his line of sight?
4. Don Juan tells Castaneda his eyes will make him ____________ a good resting place.
5. Don Juan tells Castaneda that one has to live like a ___________ in order to set traps.
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)