|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Castaneda want to be, but never saw fully realized in his life?
(b) Movie star
2. The friend of Castaneda who put him in touch with Don Juan thinks the Indian is _________.
3. The two men must keep talking because the human voice will attract ___________ to them.
4. Don Juan tells Castaneda it is important that Castaneda not __________ him.
(a) Listen to
(d) Agree with
5. The crow that cawed earlier in the story was not cawing for Don Juan, it was cawing for ______________.
(b) Don Geralo
(c) La Catalina
(d) Castaneda's friend
6. Don Juan tells Castaneda to lie between two _______ and to cover himself with branches.
7. Don Juan says that he will teach Castaneda to be a ___________, though that might not make him one.
(a) Medicine man
(c) Teacher of others
8. Don Juan says that the only thing indispensable to their work together is __________.
(a) The will
(b) The money
(c) The plants
(d) The spirit
9. Don Juan is insistent that the only thing needed is _________ instead of talk.
10. To Castaneda, Don Juan's ways would make his life more ____________.
11. When Don Juan tells Castaneda to look into his eyes, what does Castaneda report that he feels when he does?
12. When Carlos Castaneda goes to work with Don Juan Matus, what does he want to study?
(a) The desert
(b) Psychotropic plants
(c) Animal spirits
(d) Indian culture
13. Castaneda checks with Don Juan to make sure he is not interrupting his ____________.
14. What is the cause of Castaneda's ill feelings at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Jimsom Weed
15. What does Castaneda eat, though it nauseates him and Don Juan laughs hysterically as he does eat this creature?
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of Castaneda's experience with the peyote spirit, Don Juan points out he is a ____________.
2. When a man takes responsibility for his decisions, he can move ahead without ___________ or remorse.
3. Who once promised to take Castaneda swimming every day at 6:00 AM, but never did?
4. What does Don Juan begin to teach Castaneda to make as they are out with the animals in the morning?
5. Don Juan feels the difference between him and Castaneda is that Castaneda feels he is ____________.
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)