|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Castaneda continues to try to cross his eyes, as Don Juan has instructed him?
(b) Visions of Don Juan
2. Castaneda admits he is afraid of thinking about __________.
(b) His family
3. Castaneda tells Don Juan that he is a _____________ and that cannot be changed.
(b) Medicine man
(c) Yaqui Indian
4. Which appliance makes a noise which Don Juan interprets as agreement?
5. Don Juan orders Castaneda to go talk to some ____________ in a loud and clear voice.
6. Don Juan says that Castaneda is like prey that is ___________ to predict.
7. Castaneda does not agree with his friend because Don Juan demonstrates an ability to _________ him too accurately.
(a) Lie to
(d) Reveal secrets to
8. Castaneda can't believe Don Juan takes ____________ as reality.
(b) Vision quests
(d) Medicine journeys
9. Don Juan tells Castaneda the first time he saw him, he ________ that Castaneda was lying.
10. What does Don Juan do to indicate that lunch time is over, confusing Castaneda?
(a) Pulls Castaneda's food away
(b) A mess of the table
(c) Siren sound
(d) Yells loudly
11. What do the animals they are watching do once they lose their predators in a chase?
(a) Hide in a hole
(b) Burrow in the ground
(c) Groom themselves
(d) Sit on a tall tree
12. What does Castaneda lose track of as he begins to follow the lessons of Don Juan during the morning?
(a) His bag
(c) His thirst
(d) His notebook
13. Don Juan says that the only thing indispensable to their work together is __________.
(a) The plants
(b) The money
(c) The will
(d) The spirit
14. What did Don Juan save Castaneda from when he drags him away after charging at him?
(a) Wind spirit
(b) Snake omen
(c) Wrong spot
15. What animals are Don Juan and Castaneda studying in order to learn their habits?
(c) Water rats
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of Castaneda's ill feelings at the beginning of this chapter?
2. When Castaneda says he will pay Don Juan for his services, Don Juan answers, "Pay me for my time with your _______."
3. What does Don Juan do when he tells Castaneda that he is always angry and righteous?
4. The friend of Castaneda who put him in touch with Don Juan thinks the Indian is _________.
5. Don Juan lets Castaneda know that he has no ____________, which confuses Castaneda.
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)