|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Stopping The World, Chapter 9, The Last Battle Of Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Castaneda to study for a longer period of time before working with Don Juan?
(a) Lack of will
(b) Lack of money
(c) His friend
(d) A glance from Don Juan
2. Don Juan points out that Castaneda walks in a ___________ way and that it will harm his learning.
3. Castaneda tells Don Juan that he is a _____________ and that cannot be changed.
(a) Medicine man
(c) Yaqui Indian
4. Don Juan tells Castaneda that if they had kept more of the animals, the shrubs and the other animals would have united to __________.
(a) Kill them
(b) Warn them
(c) Stop them
(d) Hide them
5. Don Juan tells Castaneda that one can stop ______________ at the drop of a hat.
(c) The rocks
(d) The heart
Short Answer Questions
1. When a man takes responsibility for his decisions, he can move ahead without ___________ or remorse.
2. Some people live happily, according to Don Juan, because they understand that life can _____________.
3. What kind of animal does Don Juan talk about having chased during his life?
4. When Castaneda says he will pay Don Juan for his services, Don Juan answers, "Pay me for my time with your _______."
5. Don Juan explains that _____________ is what makes a creature magical.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)