|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Stopping The World: Chapter 3, Losing Self-importance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Don Juan built around himself in an effort to prevent others from knowing what he is or what he does?
2. Castaneda is frustrated that it seems to be okay for Don Juan to ___________ but it's wrong for Castaneda to do so.
(b) Eat plants
3. When Carlos Castaneda goes to work with Don Juan Matus, what does he want to study?
(a) Indian culture
(b) Psychotropic plants
(c) Animal spirits
(d) The desert
4. Castaneda tells Don Juan that he is a _____________ and that cannot be changed.
(b) Medicine man
(d) Yaqui Indian
5. Don Juan says that the only thing indispensable to their work together is __________.
(a) The will
(b) The spirit
(c) The money
(d) The plants
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan tells Castaneda he is too __________ and takes himself too seriously.
2. Don Juan tells Castaneda that one can stop ______________ at the drop of a hat.
3. Don Juan states that when one has no personal history, no _____________ are needed anymore.
4. The friend of Castaneda who put him in touch with Don Juan thinks the Indian is _________.
5. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda when he begins to drink his water, saying it will quench his thirst?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)