|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Stopping The World: Chapter 3, Losing Self-importance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The friend of Castaneda who put him in touch with Don Juan thinks the Indian is _________.
2. Don Juan says that the only thing indispensable to their work together is __________.
(a) The money
(b) The plants
(c) The spirit
(d) The will
3. When Carlos Castaneda goes to work with Don Juan Matus, what does he want to study?
(a) Psychotropic plants
(b) The desert
(c) Animal spirits
(d) Indian culture
4. Don Juan tells Castaneda that one can stop ______________ at the drop of a hat.
(a) The heart
(c) The rocks
5. What flies overhead, making Castaneda laugh without any clear reason?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many months of extra research does Castaneda do in preparation for his work with Don Juan?
2. Castaneda checks with Don Juan to make sure he is not interrupting his ____________.
3. What does Castaneda boast to Don Juan that he knows about?
4. Castaneda's problem, according to Don Juan, is that he compulsively _________ everything to everyone.
5. What causes Castaneda to study for a longer period of time before working with Don Juan?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)