|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ginzburg think they are doing that is causing the screaming?
(a) She has no idea.
(b) Getting ready to execute a prisoner.
(c) Hosing a prisoner down with freezing water.
(d) Forcing a prisoner to eat.
2. What does Kucherenko demand?
(a) The prisoners be given better clothing.
(b) The work quotas be raised.
(c) The women be given lighter duty.
(d) The work quotas be lowered.
3. What are Ginzburg to be allowed to do?
(a) Work in the prison kitchen.
(b) Go outside every day.
(c) Work in the prison library.
(d) Work in the Governor's home.
4. For how long is Ginzburg at Yaroslavl?
(a) Her entire prison sentence.
(b) A little over two years.
(c) About a year.
(d) Just a couple months.
5. What are Ginzburg and the other prisoners no longer permitted to do?
(a) Write anything down.
(b) Talk among themselves.
(c) Anything alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ginzburg's prison cell number at Yaroslavl?
2. What does Ginzburg's visitor tell her?
3. How is Julia and Ginzburg's existence described?
4. Whom does Ginzburg have in mind as she is writing her memoirs?
5. What makes Tanya Stankovskaya happy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What routine do Julia and Ginzburg maintain?
2. What gives the prisoners a moment of happiness and how do they share their goods?
3. What happens that causes Julia and Ginzburg to eat their hoarded supply of sugar and bread?
4. What solution do Julia and Ginzburg find to reading in low light?
5. How old is Ginzburg when she is writing this book and what does she find difficult to believe?
6. What happens when Julia and Ginzburg see a flower in the courtyard?
7. How does Ginzburg compare Kostik to Keyzin?
8. What happens when the Prison Governor comes to visit Ginzburg?
9. What happens when Ginzburg is having a conversation with Zinaida Tulub?
10. What are some of the rules Ginzburg mentions as being cited on a paper hanging on the wall?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)