|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Zinaida Tulub?
(a) An historical novelist.
(b) A physician.
(c) A biologist.
(d) A physicist.
2. How does Ginzburg characterize Marya Dogadkina?
(a) An illiterate peasant.
(b) A pleasant but incompetent supervisor.
(c) An angel.
(d) A devil.
3. What does Ginzburg's visitor tell her?
(a) Her son is still very ill.
(b) Her children are well.
(c) She is having an appeal filed.
(d) She needs to eat.
4. What does Nabob sentence Ginzburg to do?
(a) To spend three days in the underground punishment cell.
(b) To not eat for a week.
(c) To hand over all her writing materials.
(d) To move to a cell by herself and where talk to no one else.
5. In what month and year are Ginzburg and the others transferred?
(a) November, 1939.
(b) July, 1936.
(c) May, 1937.
(d) July, 1939.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginzburg learn at the end of June?
2. What makes Tanya Stankovskaya happy?
3. Why are Ginzburg and the others put in punishment cells?
4. Who is Vasily Petukhov?
5. What is Ginzburg's prison cell number at Yaroslavl?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what do the female prisoners disagree during their discussions on the train ride?
2. When is Ginzburg freed and what does she persist in believing in despite her life in prison?
3. What solution do Julia and Ginzburg find to reading in low light?
4. Who teaches the new prisoners how to fake their lumber quota?
5. What new rule is forced upon the prisoners and how do they react to the restriction?
6. What does Ginzburg learn about her father and how does this seem to cause unwarranted punishment?
7. How do Ginzburg and her mother write letters to each other in code and what is an example of one such letter?
8. What happens when Ginzburg is having a conversation with Zinaida Tulub?
9. What is it like for Ginzburg in her cell at the prison?
10. What gives the prisoners a moment of happiness and how do they share their goods?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)