|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Ginzburg and Karepova are put in a cell together?
(a) They ration their speaking so as not to run out of things to say.
(b) They talk for hours on end at end.
(c) They blame each other for being a turncoat.
(d) They plot ways to escape.
2. How many hours a day is Ginzburg confined to her cell?
3. About what is Ginzburg happy even after her horrible experiences?
(a) True Commuinsts are in power.
(b) She met so many wonderful people.
(c) Her mother was still alive when Ginzburg is released.
(d) She finds her husband alive and waiting for when she is released.
4. How is Julia and Ginzburg's existence described?
(b) Fairly comfortable.
5. Why do the prisoners want the guards to open windows and other sources of fresh air?
(a) There is smoke in the cell blocks.
(b) The cells are beginning to have a lot of mold in them.
(c) There is a contagious flu going around.
(d) Fresh air is the only thing that reminds the prisoners of the outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vasily Petukhov notice when he sees Ginzburg?
2. Why are Ginzburg and the others put in punishment cells?
3. Where is Ginzburg sent to work?
4. Who comes to see Ginzburg?
5. What is Ginzburg's prison cell number at Yaroslavl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Julia determined to do and what does she save for the day?
2. What solution do Julia and Ginzburg find to reading in low light?
3. What happens when Ginzburg is having a conversation with Zinaida Tulub?
4. What happens when the prisoners are held in a transfer camp?
5. How do Ginzburg and her mother write letters to each other in code and what is an example of one such letter?
6. Who is Marya Dogadkina and how is she described?
7. What are some of the rules Ginzburg mentions as being cited on a paper hanging on the wall?
8. What does Ginzburg say about the ongoing political purges and how do some of the prisoners view the likely incarceration of some of those fallen under the most recent purges?
9. What happens when the Prison Governor comes to visit Ginzburg?
10. How does Ginzburg compare Kostik to Keyzin?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)