|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who puts on a show for the camp?
(a) Soviets in the nearby town.
(b) No one.
(c) Prisoners in Hut 7.
(d) Prisoners in Ginzburg's hut.
2. In what format does Ginzburg write her memoir about her prison experiences?
(a) Chronological story telling.
(b) A series of essays.
(d) Letter format.
3. How does Ginzburg characterize Marya Dogadkina?
(a) A pleasant but incompetent supervisor.
(b) An illiterate peasant.
(c) An angel.
(d) A devil.
4. With what are Ginzburg and Julia becoming disillusioned?
(a) The prospect of better conditions in the prison.
(b) The Soviet system.
(c) The prospects of an early release.
(d) The prospect of vindication.
5. What is Elgen like compared to Kolyma?
(a) It is very small in comparison.
(b) Much worse.
(c) About the same.
(d) The work is much easier.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Julia become optimistic?
2. Why does Ginzburg consider herself lucky as far as her sentence?
3. To whom does Ginzburg write?
4. Where is Ginzburg assigned?
5. What happens when Ginzburg and Karepova are put in a cell together?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ginzburg offer an act of forgiveness for the man who labeled Ginzburg a terrorist?
2. When is Ginzburg freed and what does she persist in believing in despite her life in prison?
3. What happens when Julia and Ginzburg see a flower in the courtyard?
4. What are some of the rules Ginzburg mentions as being cited on a paper hanging on the wall?
5. What solution do Julia and Ginzburg find to reading in low light?
6. What does Dr. Pickwick insist upon in treating Julia and Ginzburg?
7. What is Julia determined to do and what does she save for the day?
8. Upon what does Ginzburg reflect when she hears that Lenin's widow has died?
9. Why does Vasily Petukhov decide to help Ginzburg survive?
10. What new rule is forced upon the prisoners and how do they react to the restriction?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)