|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ginzburg and Julia see in the courtyard where they are walking?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A flower.
(c) A snake.
(d) A cat.
2. How does Ginzburg characterize Marya Dogadkina?
(a) A pleasant but incompetent supervisor.
(b) An illiterate peasant.
(c) A devil.
(d) An angel.
3. What does Maria Nimtsevitskaya give Ginzburg?
(a) A wool jacket.
(b) A letter from Ginzburg's husband.
(c) A new pair of shoes.
(d) A bottle of multi-vitamins.
4. Where is Ginzburg sent to work?
(a) Weaving coop.
(b) Farm fields.
5. What news does "Northern Worker" carry?
(a) Lenin's widow's death.
(b) Purge in the Party's ranks.
(c) Stalin's grave illness.
(d) News of Lenin's son's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what task is Ginzburg assigned in Elgen?
2. To which hut is Ginzburg assigned after leaving the infirmary?
3. How does Ginzburg characterize the last group of women brought on board the ship?
4. Why are Julia and Ginzburg put outside for an hour and a half?
5. How are the sections divided up at the transfer camp?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)