|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Julia determined to see?
(a) The New Year.
(b) Her grandchildren again.
(c) Her children grow up.
(d) Her husband again.
2. What does Ginzburg think they are doing that is causing the screaming?
(a) Forcing a prisoner to eat.
(b) She has no idea.
(c) Hosing a prisoner down with freezing water.
(d) Getting ready to execute a prisoner.
3. What do both Ginzburg and Julia wonder?
(a) If their husbands are still alive.
(b) If the new warden will be better.
(c) If their children are suffering.
(d) If they will make it out of prison alive.
4. What is the Italian woman doing?
(b) Praying the rosary.
5. Who is Zinaida Tulub?
(a) A biologist.
(b) An historical novelist.
(c) A physician.
(d) A physicist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Julia and Ginzburg's existence described?
2. What is Elgen like compared to Kolyma?
3. In what format does Ginzburg write her memoir about her prison experiences?
4. Where is Ginzburg assigned?
5. Why are the window fans in the cells shut off?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)