|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pickwick?
(a) The new prison Governor.
(b) The doctor who treats Julia and Ginzburg.
(c) A new prisoner.
(d) A kind, elderly guard.
2. What helps Ginzburg sleep?
(d) Composing mental poetry.
3. Of what does Nabob accuse Ginzburg?
(a) Hoarding food.
(b) Buying more than her rations of things from the commissary.
(c) Singing in her cell.
(d) Writing and passing notes to other prisoners.
4. What does Ginzburg learn at the end of June?
(a) Her father has died.
(b) Her son has left the Soviet Union.
(c) Her mother had died.
(d) Her husband has been released.
5. What happens that brightens the prisoners' lives?
(a) They are allowed monthly visitors.
(b) They receive reductions in their sentences for good behavior.
(c) They are allowed weekly visitors.
(d) The library is reopened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vasily Petukhov notice when he sees Ginzburg?
2. What are Ginzburg to be allowed to do?
3. What is Ginzburg's prison cell number at Yaroslavl?
4. Where is Ginzburg assigned?
5. What is interesting about the prison library?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)