|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ginzburg learn at the end of June?
(a) Her son has left the Soviet Union.
(b) Her father has died.
(c) Her mother had died.
(d) Her husband has been released.
2. How long do Ginzburg's parents spend in prison?
(a) Almost a year.
(b) Five years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Two months.
3. Where is Ginzburg sent to work?
(a) Farm fields.
(c) Weaving coop.
4. What does Yaroslavsky open the cell window to give Ginzburg?
(a) Words of encouragement.
(b) A letter.
(c) A note from the woman in the cell next door.
(d) A book.
5. What does Polina Melnikova explain to the new prisoners?
(a) How to find trees that have a weakness and can be cut more easily.
(b) How to stay warm in the cold.
(c) How to make ice shelters.
(d) How to cheat the quota system.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ginzburg allowed at Magadan Infirmary?
2. How old is Ginzburg when she is writing this book?
3. What does Ginzburg hear in the hall as her visitor leaves?
4. How does Ginzburg characterize Marya Dogadkina?
5. Whom does Ginzburg finally meet face-to-face?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)