|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Avodotya Aksyonova advise Ginzburg?
(a) To ask her friends to give her their endorsements.
(b) To go far away.
(c) To ask her husband to denounce her.
(d) To humble herself.
2. To what series of books has Elvov contributed an article?
(a) A series on the fall of Czar Nicholas II.
(b) A series on the famous painters of Russia.
(c) A series on the history of the Communist Party.
(d) A series on the famous writers of Russia.
3. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
(a) At his home.
(c) In the same cellar as Ginzburg.
(d) In the Gulag.
4. How does Stalin label sections of the book that Elvov writes?
(a) Very accurate.
(d) Full of errors.
5. To what does Ginzburg attribute her not signing anything that was false?
(a) The more brutal means of interrogations were not yet used.
(b) She wanted to be a good example for her children.
(c) She wanted to be a good example for other Party members who are falsely accused.
(d) She had a spiritual strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
2. Who is Milda?
3. What does Lydia pray concerning Ginzburg?
4. What are the sounds in the middle of the night?
5. What does Lydia tell Ginzburg that God does?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Captain Vevers' behavior to Ginzburg.
2. Describe the situation that occurs concerning Carola Heintschke.
3. What does Ira ask Tsarevsky to do as she and others are being transferred and what does his willingness to do so portend?
4. What happens on February 7, 1937, and why is one of Ginzburg's former students in particular agony about it?
5. Describe the interrogation of Ginzburg by Livanov.
6. How is Ginzburg's situation changed on Red Army Day?
7. What is the "Conveyor Belt" interrogation method and how is it used on Ginzburg?
8. What does one prisoner do and others follow that breaks up the horror of their situation momentarily?
9. Who is Secretary Abdullin and what does he ask of Ginzburg?
10. Who are some of Ginzburg's cellmates at Krasin Street Prison?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)