|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Zinaida Abramova?
(a) A person placed in the prison as a spy.
(b) An old friend of Ginzburg's.
(c) The wife of the prime minister of Tartary.
(d) A torturer.
2. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
(a) Stalin is going to far.
(b) Stalin is mentally unstable.
(c) She is innocent.
(d) Gossip is not truth.
3. What has Ginzburg heard is an indication she is about to be shot?
(a) She is given all her possesions back.
(b) The nicer the prison the more likely one is to die soon.
(c) She is put into a single cell with a real bed.
(d) She is made to sign papers that she is not allowed to read.
4. Why is Elvov apologizing to Ginzburg?
(a) He misunderstood one of her articles and cut it from the series.
(b) He is inaccurate in a quote from her.
(c) He is unable to help her identify two anonymous Stalin spies.
(d) Her association with him may be costly to her.
5. What might happen if Ginzburg makes any stops along the way to present herself for the arrest warrant?
(a) She might get an even harsher sentence.
(b) She could make things even more difficult for herself or loved ones.
(c) Her mother might become hysterical.
(d) She might be shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Ginzburg get one day in a singing message?
2. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
3. Who is Garey Sagidullin?
4. What does Ginzburg observe when she arrives in Moscow?
5. Why is Ginzburg's watch inaccurate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ginzburg's first cellmate at Black Lake?
2. What happens after Ginzburg is given a summation of her indictments?
3. What does a friendly soldier tell Ginzburg on her way back to Butyrki after her trial?
4. Who are Ginzburg's new cell mates?
5. Who is Secretary Abdullin and what does he ask of Ginzburg?
6. Where is Ginzburg taken and what does she remember after seeing the place?
7. What does Ginzburg discover about the charges against her as she is traveling back to Moscow?
8. What does Alexandra Alexandrovna advise Ginzburg?
9. What happens on February 7, 1937, and why is one of Ginzburg's former students in particular agony about it?
10. Where is Ginzburg being transferred and what is significant about the watch returned to her?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)