|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is one person Zinaida Abramova says has been arrested?
(b) Her next-door-neighbor.
(c) Her brother.
(d) The son of her best friend.
2. What does Milda encourage Ginzburg to do?
(a) To teach her to read.
(b) To rat on other prisoners.
(c) To sing when she wakes in the morning.
(d) To stop up her ears with cotton.
3. Why is Ginzburg happy after her trial?
(a) She is not to be executed.
(b) She is only given two years.
(c) She receives three years but is allowed to serve in her home town.
(d) She is released for time served.
4. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
(a) She is exonerated of all but three minor charges.
(b) She is to be executed.
(c) She is to go work on a communal farm and teach there.
(d) She is expelled from the Communist Party.
5. What eventually happens to Sagidullin?
(a) He is sent to Sibera for six years.
(b) He is released.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is sentenced to death, which is commuted to life in prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
2. What news does Ginzburg get one day in a singing message?
3. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
4. How long does the second round of interrogations last?
5. Why does Ginzburg try to clean up herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Garey Sagidullin and what does Ginzburg learn from him?
2. What happens after Ginzburg is given a summation of her indictments?
3. Describe the situation that occurs concerning Carola Heintschke.
4. Who is Eugenia Semyonovna Ginzburg and why is she awakened early in the morning on December 1, 1934?
5. What does a friendly soldier tell Ginzburg on her way back to Butyrki after her trial?
6. Who is Professor Elvov and how does he have bearing on Ginzburg's life?
7. To where is Ginzburg's case referred, and what is significant about that fact?
8. What does Ginzburg discover about the charges against her as she is traveling back to Moscow?
9. Who are Ginzburg's new cell mates?
10. Who summons Ginzburg after Elvov's arrest; what do they want with her, and how does she respond?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)