|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
(a) Inciting riots.
(b) Teaching heresy.
(c) Collaborating with the enemy.
2. In what year does Professor Elvov visit Ginzburg?
3. What do Ginzburg, Rimma, Ira and Julia discover?
(a) They are the only women transferred to Moscow.
(b) They have one thing in common that may have led to their arrests.
(c) They are bonding over the stress of prison.
(d) They are all unwilling to compromise their beliefs.
4. What news does Ginzburg get one day in a singing message?
(a) Her mother has been arrested.
(b) Her mother is dead.
(c) Her husband has been arrested.
(d) Her son is dead.
5. What does the lack enable?
(a) A sense of despair that they are killing the older party members.
(b) Scurvy and other diseases.
(c) Prisoners to communicate freely.
(d) Cruel treatment by the guards and prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
2. What does Vevers use frequently?
3. Why does Ginzburg try to clean up herself?
4. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
5. Who is Yefrem?
Short Essay Questions
1. When is Ginzburg arrested and where does she tell goodbye?
2. Who are some of Ginzburg's cellmates at Krasin Street Prison?
3. What does Alexandra Alexandrovna advise Ginzburg?
4. Who are Ginzburg's new cell mates?
5. Who is Zinaida Abramova and how is she treated at the prison?
6. Who is Ginzburg's first cellmate at Black Lake?
7. What does a friendly soldier tell Ginzburg on her way back to Butyrki after her trial?
8. What is mentioned about the Red Tatary and why does Ginzburg threaten one prisoner in French?
9. What does Ginzburg discover about the charges against her as she is traveling back to Moscow?
10. To where is Ginzburg's case referred, and what is significant about that fact?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)