|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who apologizes to Ginzburg?
2. What does Ginzburg call her mother-in-law?
(d) Mrs. Aksyonnova.
3. Who is Comrade Beylin?
(a) The head of the local GPU.
(b) A doctor who gives Ginzburg a slip saying she was ill.
(c) Stalin's son-in-law and head of the Foreign Propaganda office.
(d) The new Chariman of the Bureau of Party Political Control.
4. How long after her hearing is Ginzburg arrested?
(a) One day.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Several months.
(d) Eight days.
5. What does Milda encourage Ginzburg to do?
(a) To rat on other prisoners.
(b) To teach her to read.
(c) To stop up her ears with cotton.
(d) To sing when she wakes in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Garey Sagidullin?
2. Why does Ginzburg try to clean up herself?
3. What is the maximum penalty for the crimes with which Ginzburg is charged?
4. How old is the youngest woman in the cell with Ginzburg?
5. What does Livanov ask Ginzburg concerning Elvov?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is mentioned about the Red Tatary and why does Ginzburg threaten one prisoner in French?
2. Describe the situation that occurs concerning Carola Heintschke.
3. What does a friendly soldier tell Ginzburg on her way back to Butyrki after her trial?
4. What do Ginzburg and her husband decide to do for the school holidays and what does she say about the people who are at the same vacation spot?
5. Who summons Ginzburg after Elvov's arrest; what do they want with her, and how does she respond?
6. Who is Secretary Abdullin and what does he ask of Ginzburg?
7. What happens on February 7, 1937, and why is one of Ginzburg's former students in particular agony about it?
8. What does Ginzburg discover about the charges against her as she is traveling back to Moscow?
9. Who are Ginzburg's new cell mates?
10. What does one prisoner do and others follow that breaks up the horror of their situation momentarily?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)