|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
(a) Gossip is not truth.
(b) She is innocent.
(c) Stalin is going to far.
(d) Stalin is mentally unstable.
2. Who is Alyosha?
(a) Ginzburg's oldest son.
(b) Ginzburg's brother who disappears.
(c) The judge that sentences Ginzburg.
(d) Ginzburg's best friend who disappears.
3. What form of communications does Ginzburg learn?
(a) Knocking on walls.
(b) A form of shorthand.
(c) Number codes.
4. Who is Zinaida Abramova?
(a) A torturer.
(b) A person placed in the prison as a spy.
(c) An old friend of Ginzburg's.
(d) The wife of the prime minister of Tartary.
5. Why is Ginsburg sad on September 1, 1935?
(a) It is the anniversary of when her young son had died.
(b) It is the anniversary of when she first started teaching.
(c) She is no longer allowed to teach and it's the first day of school.
(d) It is the anniversary of when her young daughter had died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
2. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
3. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
4. What does Ginzburg observe when she arrives in Moscow?
5. Where is Ginzburg put after her initial interrogations?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Professor Elvov and how does he have bearing on Ginzburg's life?
2. What is the "Conveyor Belt" interrogation method and how is it used on Ginzburg?
3. What does a friendly soldier tell Ginzburg on her way back to Butyrki after her trial?
4. Who is Eugenia Semyonovna Ginzburg and why is she awakened early in the morning on December 1, 1934?
5. Where is Ginzburg taken and what does she remember after seeing the place?
6. Who is Zinaida Abramova and how is she treated at the prison?
7. Who is Garey Sagidullin and what does Ginzburg learn from him?
8. To where is Ginzburg's case referred, and what is significant about that fact?
9. What does Alexandra Alexandrovna advise Ginzburg?
10. Describe the situation that occurs concerning Carola Heintschke.
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)