|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yaroslavsky do concening Ginzburg?
(a) Trumps up evidence against her.
(b) Tries to help her to flee the country.
(c) Denounces her.
(d) Hides evidence against her.
2. What eventually happens to Sagidullin?
(a) He is sent to Sibera for six years.
(b) He is sentenced to death, which is commuted to life in prison.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is released.
3. To what series of books has Elvov contributed an article?
(a) A series on the fall of Czar Nicholas II.
(b) A series on the history of the Communist Party.
(c) A series on the famous writers of Russia.
(d) A series on the famous painters of Russia.
4. How does Stalin label sections of the book that Elvov writes?
(a) Very accurate.
(d) Full of errors.
5. What is the so-called method when Ginzburg is harshly interrogated by uninterrupted interrogation with different interrogators?
(b) The Conveyor Belt.
(c) The Stream.
(d) The gauntlet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lydia pray concerning Ginzburg?
2. What does Sagidullin think is the reason for the current purge?
3. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
4. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
5. Who is Comrade Beylin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the "Conveyor Belt" interrogation method and how is it used on Ginzburg?
2. How do the prisoners communicate in Krasin, and what disturbing piece of news does Ginzburg receive in one such communication?
3. What does Ira ask Tsarevsky to do as she and others are being transferred and what does his willingness to do so portend?
4. To where is Ginzburg's case referred, and what is significant about that fact?
5. Who is Secretary Abdullin and what does he ask of Ginzburg?
6. What happens after Ginzburg is given a summation of her indictments?
7. What does Ginzburg discover about the charges against her as she is traveling back to Moscow?
8. What does Alexandra Alexandrovna advise Ginzburg?
9. Describe the situation that occurs concerning Carola Heintschke.
10. Why does Ginzburg think things have been straightened out and what happens to throw her back into the midst of the purge?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)