Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What eventually happens to Sagidullin?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is sentenced to death, which is commuted to life in prison.
(c) He is released.
(d) He is sent to Sibera for six years.
2. Why does Ginzburg pass out?
(a) The heat.
(b) The beatings.
(c) When she is choked by an interrogator.
(d) The lack of decent food.
3. What was Julia Karepova's career before imprisonment?
(b) Physics Professor.
4. What does Lydia tell Ginzburg that God does?
(a) Watches over fatherless children.
(b) Exacts vengeance.
(c) Triumphs in the end.
(d) Punishes wicked doers.
5. Who is Captain Vevers?
(a) The man who forces the interrogator to be humane when questioning Ginzburg.
(b) The man who tries to be kind to Ginzburg in prison.
(c) The man who interrogates Ginzburg.
(d) The head of the secret police in Moscow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the evidence that many people are being charged?
2. To where has Ginzburg's case been referred?
3. Who is one person Zinaida Abramova says has been arrested?
4. Where did Lyama's family work?
5. What does the lack enable?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Secretary Abdullin and what does he ask of Ginzburg?
2. How is Ginzburg's mother-in-law described and what does she advise Ginzburg?
3. What does one prisoner do and others follow that breaks up the horror of their situation momentarily?
4. Describe Captain Vevers' behavior to Ginzburg.
5. What are some of the rules Ginzburg mentions as being cited on a paper hanging on the wall?
6. What happens when Julia and Ginzburg see a flower in the courtyard?
7. What does Alexandra Alexandrovna advise Ginzburg?
8. Who teaches the new prisoners how to fake their lumber quota?
9. What new rule is forced upon the prisoners and how do they react to the restriction?
10. What do Ginzburg and her husband decide to do for the school holidays and what does she say about the people who are at the same vacation spot?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)