|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ginzburg call her mother-in-law?
(d) Mrs. Aksyonnova.
2. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
(a) By saying that her lecture was not about Trotsky.
(b) By saying she was in the hospital and has a note to prove it.
(c) By saying that Stalin's deputy of foreign affairs gave her the book.
(d) By saying no one in her area has denounced Elvov either.
3. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
(a) He has said Ginzburg contacted him about killing another party member.
(b) He has confessed to participating in a plot against Stalin.
(c) He has confessed against Ginzburg.
(d) He has killed himself.
4. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
(a) Inciting riots.
(b) Collaborating with the enemy.
(d) Teaching heresy.
5. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
(a) Honest but flawed.
(c) Corrupt and hypocritical.
(d) They are conducted by incompetent judges.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where has Ginzburg's case been referred?
2. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
3. Who is Comrade Beylin?
4. For how long does this form of interrogation last?
5. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on February 7, 1937, and why is one of Ginzburg's former students in particular agony about it?
2. Who is Professor Elvov and how does he have bearing on Ginzburg's life?
3. What does Ira ask Tsarevsky to do as she and others are being transferred and what does his willingness to do so portend?
4. Where is Ginzburg taken and what does she remember after seeing the place?
5. To where is Ginzburg's case referred, and what is significant about that fact?
6. Describe the situation that occurs concerning Carola Heintschke.
7. How is Ginzburg's situation changed on Red Army Day?
8. Describe the interrogation of Ginzburg by Livanov.
9. What do Ginzburg and her husband decide to do for the school holidays and what does she say about the people who are at the same vacation spot?
10. What is mentioned about the Red Tatary and why does Ginzburg threaten one prisoner in French?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)