|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ginzburg taken?
(b) She is released to go home.
(c) Manuch Prison.
(d) Black Lake.
2. Why is Ginzburg's watch inaccurate?
(a) The dampness of the prison has rusted it.
(b) Its battery is run down.
(c) It has not been wound since she entered prison.
(d) She forgot to wind it sometimes in prison and only guessed at the time when resetting it.
3. What eventually stops this first round of the new type of interrogations?
(a) Ginzburg asks to speak to Elvov.
(b) A new prisoner takes their attention away from her.
(c) Ginzburg confesses and signs what they want her to sign.
(d) Ginzburg blacks out.
4. What happens when the Chinese prisoner laughs?
(a) She is shot.
(b) She is whipped.
(c) She is put in solitary confinement.
(d) The entire cell block erupts in laughter.
5. What form of communications does Ginzburg learn?
(a) Number codes.
(b) A form of shorthand.
(c) Knocking on walls.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ginzburg describe Stalin?
2. Where is Ginzburg sent at the opening of Chapter 19?
3. What is returned to Ginzburg?
4. What does Lydia pray concerning Ginzburg?
5. Who is Comrade Beylin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Zinaida Abramova and how is she treated at the prison?
2. What happens after Ginzburg is given a summation of her indictments?
3. To where is Ginzburg's case referred, and what is significant about that fact?
4. When is Ginzburg arrested and where does she tell goodbye?
5. Where is Ginzburg taken and what does she remember after seeing the place?
6. What does Ginzburg discover about the charges against her as she is traveling back to Moscow?
7. How is Ginzburg's situation changed on Red Army Day?
8. How do the prisoners communicate in Krasin, and what disturbing piece of news does Ginzburg receive in one such communication?
9. Describe the interrogation of Ginzburg by Livanov.
10. What does a friendly soldier tell Ginzburg on her way back to Butyrki after her trial?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)