|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Ginzburg's trial last?
(a) 18 hours.
(b) Several days.
(c) 7 minutes.
(d) 10 hours.
2. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
(a) Curses Stalin.
(b) Tries to kill herself.
(c) Denounces Yaroslavsky.
(d) Denounces her husband.
3. Why does Ginzburg pass out?
(a) The heat.
(b) The lack of decent food.
(c) When she is choked by an interrogator.
(d) The beatings.
4. What form of communications does Ginzburg learn?
(b) A form of shorthand.
(c) Knocking on walls.
(d) Number codes.
5. What does the lack enable?
(a) Prisoners to communicate freely.
(b) A sense of despair that they are killing the older party members.
(c) Scurvy and other diseases.
(d) Cruel treatment by the guards and prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lyama's family work?
2. What is returned to Ginzburg?
3. How does Stalin label sections of the book that Elvov writes?
4. What is Ginzburg told about her husband?
5. What incenses Ginzburg about how her answers are recorded?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alexandra Alexandrovna advise Ginzburg?
2. What is mentioned about the Red Tatary and why does Ginzburg threaten one prisoner in French?
3. How do the prisoners communicate in Krasin, and what disturbing piece of news does Ginzburg receive in one such communication?
4. Who is Zinaida Abramova and how is she treated at the prison?
5. Describe Captain Vevers' behavior to Ginzburg.
6. Who is Eugenia Semyonovna Ginzburg and why is she awakened early in the morning on December 1, 1934?
7. Who are some of Ginzburg's cellmates at Krasin Street Prison?
8. Who is Ginzburg's first cellmate at Black Lake?
9. Who is Professor Elvov and how does he have bearing on Ginzburg's life?
10. What do Ginzburg and her husband decide to do for the school holidays and what does she say about the people who are at the same vacation spot?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)