Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ginzburg and Julia see in the courtyard where they are walking?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A flower.
(c) A snake.
(d) A cat.
2. How does Ginzburg characterize Marya Dogadkina?
(a) A pleasant but incompetent supervisor.
(b) An illiterate peasant.
(c) A devil.
(d) An angel.
3. What does Maria Nimtsevitskaya give Ginzburg?
(a) A wool jacket.
(b) A letter from Ginzburg's husband.
(c) A new pair of shoes.
(d) A bottle of multi-vitamins.
4. Where is Ginzburg sent to work?
(a) Weaving coop.
(b) Farm fields.
5. What news does "Northern Worker" carry?
(a) Lenin's widow's death.
(b) Purge in the Party's ranks.
(c) Stalin's grave illness.
(d) News of Lenin's son's death.
6. To what task is Ginzburg assigned in Elgen?
(b) Quarry work.
(d) Felling timber.
7. To which hut is Ginzburg assigned after leaving the infirmary?
8. How does Ginzburg characterize the last group of women brought on board the ship?
(a) As innocent peasants.
(b) As hardened labor camp refugees.
(c) As true criminals.
(d) As those suffering for their religious beliefs.
9. Why are Julia and Ginzburg put outside for an hour and a half?
(a) So the other prisoners do not hear them complain.
(b) So the guards can contain the fire.
(c) So they can get some Vitamin D from the sunshine.
(d) So the guards can hose down the cells.
10. How are the sections divided up at the transfer camp?
(a) By gender.
(b) By region.
(c) By age.
(d) By crimes.
11. What is Elgen like compared to Kolyma?
(a) About the same.
(b) Much worse.
(c) The work is much easier.
(d) It is very small in comparison.
12. What can Ginzburg not believe in reflecting upon what has happened to herself and others?
(a) It really could happen.
(b) She survived the horrors.
(c) She meets so many people who went through the same things she did.
(d) More people didn't die in the terrible conditions.
13. What does Ginzburg hear in the hall as her visitor leaves?
14. What is interesting about the prison library?
(a) They are stocked with books about God.
(b) Each book is only allowed to be checked out one time for one day.
(c) There are copies of publicly-banned books.
(d) The books are all written by primarily English and American authors.
15. Why do Ginzburg eat bread and a pound of sugar?
(a) They have been cut to half rations.
(b) They don't want it to burn up in the fire.
(c) They have not been allowed to eat for several days.
(d) They believe they are about to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about the women in Hut 7?
2. What is done over the next three days?
3. What does Nabob sentence Ginzburg to do?
4. Whom does Ginzburg have in mind as she is writing her memoirs?
5. Of what does Nabob accuse Ginzburg?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)