|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after her hearing is Ginzburg arrested?
(a) Several months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) One day.
(d) Eight days.
2. How is Vevers described?
(a) Cold and calculating.
3. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
(a) She is to go work on a communal farm and teach there.
(b) She is exonerated of all but three minor charges.
(c) She is expelled from the Communist Party.
(d) She is to be executed.
4. What does Natasha reveal about the Gestapo?
(a) They are in league with Stalin's secret police.
(b) She worked for the Gestapo before coming to this prison.
(c) They have the same forms of torture as the Communists.
(d) They are actually more humane than the Communists.
5. How does Stalin label sections of the book that Elvov writes?
(b) Full of errors.
(c) Very accurate.
6. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
(a) He was embezzling.
(b) He was going to make up lies about her involvement with Elvov.
(c) She loves the Party more than she loves him.
(d) He beat her all the time.
7. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
(a) Ginzburg must submit a vociferously-worded condemnation of Trotsky.
(b) Ginzburg's status is lowered at the University.
(c) Ginzbug is reprimanded, but it is later canceled.
(d) Ginzburg is told she can give no more public lectures for two years.
8. Who is Garey Sagidullin?
(a) An old professor.
(b) A janitor.
(c) A prison guard.
(d) An interrogator.
9. Where is Ginzburg taken?
(a) The Warden's office.
(b) The offices of the Moscow Secret Police.
(c) Lefortovo prison.
(d) The Crimean Prison.
10. How long does Ginzburg's trial last?
(a) 10 hours.
(b) 18 hours.
(c) Several days.
(d) 7 minutes.
11. Where is Ginzburg put after her initial interrogations?
(a) In a dormitory with other political offenders.
(b) In a cellar.
(c) In a courtyard with tents for shelter.
(d) In a bleak prison with stone walls.
12. What news does Ginzburg get one day in a singing message?
(a) Her son is dead.
(b) Her husband has been arrested.
(c) Her mother is dead.
(d) Her mother has been arrested.
13. What does Yaroslavsky do concening Ginzburg?
(a) Tries to help her to flee the country.
(b) Denounces her.
(c) Hides evidence against her.
(d) Trumps up evidence against her.
14. What does Lydia tell Ginzburg that God does?
(a) Exacts vengeance.
(b) Punishes wicked doers.
(c) Watches over fatherless children.
(d) Triumphs in the end.
15. Who is Alyosha?
(a) Ginzburg's best friend who disappears.
(b) The judge that sentences Ginzburg.
(c) Ginzburg's brother who disappears.
(d) Ginzburg's oldest son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on Red Army Day?
2. What has happened to the entire government of Tartary?
3. What is significant about the date February 15, 1937?
4. To where has Ginzburg's case been referred?
5. What happens after a period of regular interrogations?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)