|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Ginzburg's trial last?
(a) 10 hours.
(b) 7 minutes.
(c) Several days.
(d) 18 hours.
2. What does Natasha reveal about the Gestapo?
(a) They have the same forms of torture as the Communists.
(b) They are in league with Stalin's secret police.
(c) She worked for the Gestapo before coming to this prison.
(d) They are actually more humane than the Communists.
3. Why is Ginzburg happy after her trial?
(a) She receives three years but is allowed to serve in her home town.
(b) She is released for time served.
(c) She is not to be executed.
(d) She is only given two years.
4. What happens on Red Army Day?
(a) Ginzburg is taken into a different office and is given the soft approach.
(b) Ginzburg is flogged.
(c) Ginzburg is tortured.
(d) Ginzburg is released to go home.
5. What does Lydia tell Ginzburg that God does?
(a) Triumphs in the end.
(b) Watches over fatherless children.
(c) Exacts vengeance.
(d) Punishes wicked doers.
6. What does Yaroslavsky do concening Ginzburg?
(a) Trumps up evidence against her.
(b) Tries to help her to flee the country.
(c) Denounces her.
(d) Hides evidence against her.
7. How is Ginzburg's new prison described?
(a) Noisy and filthy.
(b) Newly built.
(c) Clean and quiet.
8. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
(a) Denounces Yaroslavsky.
(b) Curses Stalin.
(c) Denounces her husband.
(d) Tries to kill herself.
9. What is the maximum penalty for the crimes with which Ginzburg is charged?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 10 to 30 years.
(d) Life imprisonment.
10. What was Julia Karepova's career before imprisonment?
(d) Physics Professor.
11. What does Lydia pray concerning Ginzburg?
(a) Ginzburg will agree to the interrogators' wishes.
(b) Ginzburg not commit suicide.
(c) Ginzburg will be vindicated.
(d) Ginzburg will be true to her beliefs.
12. What has happened to the entire government of Tartary?
(a) The Tartary government meetings have been suspended.
(b) They have resigned their positions en-masse.
(c) The have been imprisoned.
(d) The Tartary government has been accused of collusion with terrorists.
13. Why does Ginzburg pass out?
(a) The beatings.
(b) The heat.
(c) The lack of decent food.
(d) When she is choked by an interrogator.
14. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
(a) For having a book in her home that was published outside of Russia.
(b) For not denouncing Elvov.
(c) For failing to denouce Trotsky strenuously enough in a recent lecture.
(d) For missing two meetings in a row when she was ill.
15. Who is Garey Sagidullin?
(a) A prison guard.
(b) An old professor.
(c) A janitor.
(d) An interrogator.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after her hearing is Ginzburg arrested?
2. What is returned to Ginzburg?
3. What is the so-called method when Ginzburg is harshly interrogated by uninterrupted interrogation with different interrogators?
4. What does Livanov ask Ginzburg concerning Elvov?
5. What does Milda encourage Ginzburg to do?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)