|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ginzburg call her mother-in-law?
(c) Mrs. Aksyonnova.
2. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
(a) For not denouncing Elvov.
(b) For having a book in her home that was published outside of Russia.
(c) For failing to denouce Trotsky strenuously enough in a recent lecture.
(d) For missing two meetings in a row when she was ill.
3. Why does a Chinese prisoner laugh one day during head count?
(a) One warden has trouble counting past twenty.
(b) One prisoner is missing a leg and says he should only count as 1/2 a person.
(c) The warden trips over a threshold.
(d) One warden continually miscounts the prisoners.
4. Why does Ginzburg try to clean up herself?
(a) Her husband is allowed to visit.
(b) Her mother is allowed to visit.
(c) Her defense lawyer is going to talk to her.
(d) Her trial will be soon.
5. Where is Ginzburg put after her initial interrogations?
(a) In a cellar.
(b) In a dormitory with other political offenders.
(c) In a bleak prison with stone walls.
(d) In a courtyard with tents for shelter.
6. What does Lydia pray concerning Ginzburg?
(a) Ginzburg not commit suicide.
(b) Ginzburg will be vindicated.
(c) Ginzburg will be true to her beliefs.
(d) Ginzburg will agree to the interrogators' wishes.
7. Who is Milda?
(a) A young, German opera singer.
(b) One of the female guards.
(c) An elderly Latvian woman.
(d) A prisoner who is in there because the family she worked for were arrested.
8. How long does the second round of interrogations last?
(a) 1 day.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) 5 days.
(d) Three hours.
9. Who apologizes to Ginzburg?
10. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
(a) Ginzburg's third cousin who must pronounce the judgement.
(b) One of her former students whoi s the head of the committee.
(c) Ginzburg's favorite mentor.
(d) Her friends who are caught in their own false accusations.
11. How does Stalin label sections of the book that Elvov writes?
(a) Very accurate.
(b) Full of errors.
12. Who is Lyama Shepel?
(a) Ginzburg's cell mate.
(b) One of the interrogators.
(c) Ginzburg's family servant.
(d) A cook at the prison.
13. What has Ginzburg heard is an indication she is about to be shot?
(a) She is given all her possesions back.
(b) She is put into a single cell with a real bed.
(c) The nicer the prison the more likely one is to die soon.
(d) She is made to sign papers that she is not allowed to read.
14. Where is Ginzburg taken?
(a) Manuch Prison.
(b) Black Lake.
(c) She is released to go home.
15. Who is Comrade Beylin?
(a) The new Chariman of the Bureau of Party Political Control.
(b) A doctor who gives Ginzburg a slip saying she was ill.
(c) The head of the local GPU.
(d) Stalin's son-in-law and head of the Foreign Propaganda office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Yefrem?
2. What does Ginzburg notice is lacking where she is now?
3. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
4. What eventually stops this first round of the new type of interrogations?
5. What happens after a period of regular interrogations?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)