|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after a period of regular interrogations?
(a) The interrogations stop.
(b) Ginzburg is made to stay awake.
(c) Ginzburg is shown her son being interrogated.
(d) Ginzburg is physically abused.
2. What was Julia Karepova's career before imprisonment?
(c) Physics Professor.
3. Why is Ginzburg's watch inaccurate?
(a) Its battery is run down.
(b) It has not been wound since she entered prison.
(c) She forgot to wind it sometimes in prison and only guessed at the time when resetting it.
(d) The dampness of the prison has rusted it.
4. Where is Ginzburg taken?
(a) She is released to go home.
(c) Manuch Prison.
(d) Black Lake.
5. Who apologizes to Ginzburg?
6. What is returned to Ginzburg?
(a) Her money.
(b) Her papers.
(c) Her dentures.
(d) Her watch.
7. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
(a) She is to be executed.
(b) She is to go work on a communal farm and teach there.
(c) She is exonerated of all but three minor charges.
(d) She is expelled from the Communist Party.
8. What might happen if Ginzburg makes any stops along the way to present herself for the arrest warrant?
(a) She might be shot.
(b) She could make things even more difficult for herself or loved ones.
(c) Her mother might become hysterical.
(d) She might get an even harsher sentence.
9. Where is Ginzburg sent at the opening of Chapter 19?
(b) St. Petersburg.
(d) Krasin Street Prison.
10. What does Ginzburg notice is lacking where she is now?
(a) Older party members.
(b) Decent food.
11. What does Vevers use frequently?
12. Why does Ginzburg pass out?
(a) The heat.
(b) When she is choked by an interrogator.
(c) The lack of decent food.
(d) The beatings.
13. What form of communications does Ginzburg learn?
(a) A form of shorthand.
(c) Number codes.
(d) Knocking on walls.
14. What does Ginzburg observe when she arrives in Moscow?
(a) Only the intelligentsia have been targeted.
(b) Her son is here.
(c) Her husband is here.
(d) The purges have been massive.
15. What does Ginzburg call her mother-in-law?
(a) Mrs. Aksyonnova.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
2. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
3. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
4. Who is Milda?
5. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)