|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Livanov ask Ginzburg concerning Elvov?
(a) How Ginzburg knew Elvov.
(b) If Elvov ever passed secret documents to Ginzburg.
(c) Why Ginzburg wrote several letters to Elvov supporting his ideas.
(d) Whether Elvov and Ginzburg were having an affair.
2. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
(a) By saying no one in her area has denounced Elvov either.
(b) By saying she was in the hospital and has a note to prove it.
(c) By saying that Stalin's deputy of foreign affairs gave her the book.
(d) By saying that her lecture was not about Trotsky.
3. Who is one person Zinaida Abramova says has been arrested?
(b) Her brother.
(c) The son of her best friend.
(d) Her next-door-neighbor.
4. Why is Ginzburg sent home?
(a) The charges against her were dropped.
(b) The charges were held in abeyance.
(c) To await her sentence.
(d) To settle her personal affairs.
5. Where did Lyama's family work?
(a) On the Chinese-Far Eastern Railway.
(b) On the Far-East Power System.
(c) In the Moscow military supply system.
(d) They were nomadic people.
6. Why is Ginzburg happy after her trial?
(a) She receives three years but is allowed to serve in her home town.
(b) She is only given two years.
(c) She is not to be executed.
(d) She is released for time served.
7. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
(a) Ginzbug is reprimanded, but it is later canceled.
(b) Ginzburg must submit a vociferously-worded condemnation of Trotsky.
(c) Ginzburg's status is lowered at the University.
(d) Ginzburg is told she can give no more public lectures for two years.
8. How old is the youngest woman in the cell with Ginzburg?
9. What does Ginzburg notice is lacking where she is now?
(a) Older party members.
(c) Decent food.
10. For how long does this form of interrogation last?
(a) 3 days.
(b) Several weeks.
(c) 7 days.
(d) A few hours.
11. Where is Ginzburg sent at the opening of Chapter 19?
(b) Krasin Street Prison.
(d) St. Petersburg.
12. Why does a Chinese prisoner laugh one day during head count?
(a) One warden has trouble counting past twenty.
(b) The warden trips over a threshold.
(c) One prisoner is missing a leg and says he should only count as 1/2 a person.
(d) One warden continually miscounts the prisoners.
13. What is Ginzburg told about her husband?
(a) He has also been arrested.
(b) He has hired a good lawyer.
(c) He is divorcing her.
(d) He has disowned her.
14. What is the evidence that many people are being charged?
(a) The prison cells are overcrowded.
(b) The sounds of torture are everywhere.
(c) Food is scarce.
(d) The whole system is running 24 hours per day.
15. Why is Ginsburg sad on September 1, 1935?
(a) It is the anniversary of when she first started teaching.
(b) It is the anniversary of when her young son had died.
(c) It is the anniversary of when her young daughter had died.
(d) She is no longer allowed to teach and it's the first day of school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
2. Who is Garey Sagidullin?
3. What has happened to the entire government of Tartary?
4. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
5. What is returned to Ginzburg?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)