|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Salvation from Heaven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
(a) Publicly saying goodbye to her children.
(b) Defending her initial statements.
(c) Stopping to tell her mother goodbye.
(d) Fighting the charges.
2. About what do the female prisoners disagree?
(a) The innate goodness of humanity.
(b) The need for purges.
(d) The need to "behave."
3. What does Livanov ask Ginzburg concerning Elvov?
(a) If Elvov ever passed secret documents to Ginzburg.
(b) Whether Elvov and Ginzburg were having an affair.
(c) How Ginzburg knew Elvov.
(d) Why Ginzburg wrote several letters to Elvov supporting his ideas.
4. To whom does Ginzburg write?
(a) Her mother-in-law.
(b) Her lawyer.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her mother.
5. Why does Ginzburg believe she was lucky not to have signed anything?
(a) A woman who did so is executed.
(b) She might have received a longer sentence.
(c) When Stalin is out of power, she might have been ostracized.
(d) She might have been sent to a worse prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the prisoners told to do before being transferred?
2. Why are the window fans in the cells shut off?
3. To what series of books has Elvov contributed an article?
4. What is the Italian woman doing?
5. From where is Tulub?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)