|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Salvation from Heaven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Zinaida Abramova?
(a) A person placed in the prison as a spy.
(b) The wife of the prime minister of Tartary.
(c) An old friend of Ginzburg's.
(d) A torturer.
2. What happens after a period of regular interrogations?
(a) Ginzburg is physically abused.
(b) The interrogations stop.
(c) Ginzburg is made to stay awake.
(d) Ginzburg is shown her son being interrogated.
3. What is Julia determined to see?
(a) Her children grow up.
(b) Her husband again.
(c) The New Year.
(d) Her grandchildren again.
4. Why are Ginzburg and the others put in punishment cells?
(a) They are not cutting enough trees.
(b) They talk too much among themselves.
(c) They sing while working.
(d) They gripe about the cold.
5. What form of communications does Ginzburg learn?
(a) Number codes.
(b) Knocking on walls.
(d) A form of shorthand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens that brightens the prisoners' lives?
2. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
3. To where has Ginzburg's case been referred?
4. Why does Ginzburg consider herself lucky as far as her sentence?
5. To whom does Ginzburg write?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)