|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Salvation from Heaven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the so-called method when Ginzburg is harshly interrogated by uninterrupted interrogation with different interrogators?
(b) The Conveyor Belt.
(c) The Stream.
(d) The gauntlet.
2. What do the two women continue to hide?
(a) Fish bones and medicine.
(b) Their writings.
(c) Notes from other prisoners.
(d) Letters smuggled into them from their families.
3. Why does a Chinese prisoner laugh one day during head count?
(a) One warden has trouble counting past twenty.
(b) One warden continually miscounts the prisoners.
(c) One prisoner is missing a leg and says he should only count as 1/2 a person.
(d) The warden trips over a threshold.
4. From where is Tulub?
(b) The Ukraine.
5. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
(a) She criticizes them for their methods.
(b) She asks forgiveness from the party.
(c) She confesses to everything of which she is accused.
(d) She absolves her family in her crimes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ginzburg taken?
2. What is Elgen like compared to Kolyma?
3. What does Lydia tell Ginzburg that God does?
4. What news does "Northern Worker" carry?
5. How is Ginzburg's new prison described?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)