|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Salvation from Heaven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ginzburg sent to work?
(a) Weaving coop.
(b) Farm fields.
2. How does Stalin label sections of the book that Elvov writes?
(c) Very accurate.
(d) Full of errors.
3. How is Ginzburg's new prison described?
(a) Noisy and filthy.
(b) Newly built.
(d) Clean and quiet.
4. Why are Julia and Ginzburg put outside for an hour and a half?
(a) So the guards can hose down the cells.
(b) So the other prisoners do not hear them complain.
(c) So the guards can contain the fire.
(d) So they can get some Vitamin D from the sunshine.
5. What does Ginzburg's visitor tell her?
(a) She is having an appeal filed.
(b) Her son is still very ill.
(c) She needs to eat.
(d) Her children are well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lack enable?
2. What do the wardens do for counting prisoners?
3. Why are Ginzburg and the others put in punishment cells?
4. What does Ginzburg call her mother-in-law?
5. What does Maria Nimtsevitskaya give Ginzburg?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)