|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Salvation from Heaven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about the date February 15, 1937?
(a) It is Ginzburg's birthday.
(b) It is Ginzburg's last day to teach.
(c) It is Ginzburg's wedding anniversary day.
(d) It is the day Ginzburg was imprisoned.
2. Who is Lyama Shepel?
(a) A cook at the prison.
(b) One of the interrogators.
(c) Ginzburg's cell mate.
(d) Ginzburg's family servant.
3. Who is Pickwick?
(a) A new prisoner.
(b) The new prison Governor.
(c) The doctor who treats Julia and Ginzburg.
(d) A kind, elderly guard.
4. Who is "Grandma" Nastya?
(a) The only woman who receives a fifteen year sentence.
(b) The woman who receives the shortest sentence.
(c) The only other woman who receives a ten-year sentence.
(d) The only woman who is acquitted.
5. What is the evidence that many people are being charged?
(a) The sounds of torture are everywhere.
(b) Food is scarce.
(c) The whole system is running 24 hours per day.
(d) The prison cells are overcrowded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens that brightens the prisoners' lives?
2. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
3. Who is Yefrem?
4. What does the lack enable?
5. How does Ginzburg characterize Marya Dogadkina?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)