|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Salvation from Heaven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ginzburg's prison cell number at Yaroslavl?
2. Who is Yezhov?
(a) The former Commissar-General.
(b) The new prison Governor.
(c) A Party organizer.
(d) A close advisor to Stalin.
3. What does Ginzburg's visitor tell her?
(a) Her children are well.
(b) Her son is still very ill.
(c) She needs to eat.
(d) She is having an appeal filed.
4. Who apologizes to Ginzburg?
5. What are Ginzburg to be allowed to do?
(a) Work in the prison kitchen.
(b) Work in the prison library.
(c) Work in the Governor's home.
(d) Go outside every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the prisoners want the guards to open windows and other sources of fresh air?
2. What eventually happens to Sagidullin?
3. What does Maria Nimtsevitskaya give Ginzburg?
4. What do most of the women receive for sentences?
5. What do Ginzburg, Rimma, Ira and Julia discover?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)