|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Salvation from Heaven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Alyosha?
(a) Ginzburg's best friend who disappears.
(b) The judge that sentences Ginzburg.
(c) Ginzburg's oldest son.
(d) Ginzburg's brother who disappears.
2. Who does Ginzburg believe are dying off or being killed?
(a) Most of the men and women who have college degrees.
(b) Most of the original Party founders.
(c) Older, decent people.
(d) All her friends.
3. For how long does this form of interrogation last?
(a) 3 days.
(b) Several weeks.
(c) A few hours.
(d) 7 days.
4. What has Ginzburg heard is an indication she is about to be shot?
(a) The nicer the prison the more likely one is to die soon.
(b) She is put into a single cell with a real bed.
(c) She is given all her possesions back.
(d) She is made to sign papers that she is not allowed to read.
5. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
(a) In the Gulag.
(c) In the same cellar as Ginzburg.
(d) At his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to see Ginzburg?
2. What does Avodotya Aksyonova advise Ginzburg?
3. To what does Ginzburg attribute her inability to distinguish one day from the next in the following year?
4. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
5. How long do Ginzburg's parents spend in prison?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)