|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Salvation from Heaven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Vasily Petukhov?
(a) A doctor from Leningrad.
(b) A guard who often whips prisoners.
(c) The new prison camp director.
(d) A lawyer from Moscow.
2. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
(a) In the Gulag.
(b) At his home.
(c) In the same cellar as Ginzburg.
3. Why do the prisoners want the guards to open windows and other sources of fresh air?
(a) There is a contagious flu going around.
(b) The cells are beginning to have a lot of mold in them.
(c) There is smoke in the cell blocks.
(d) Fresh air is the only thing that reminds the prisoners of the outside.
4. What news does "Northern Worker" carry?
(a) Purge in the Party's ranks.
(b) Stalin's grave illness.
(c) Lenin's widow's death.
(d) News of Lenin's son's death.
5. Who is Yezhov?
(a) The former Commissar-General.
(b) A Party organizer.
(c) The new prison Governor.
(d) A close advisor to Stalin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Ginzburg finally meet face-to-face?
2. What does Ginzburg think they are doing that is causing the screaming?
3. To which hut is Ginzburg assigned after leaving the infirmary?
4. Of what does Nabob accuse Ginzburg?
5. What does Lydia pray concerning Ginzburg?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)