|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Salvation from Heaven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Italian woman doing?
(b) Praying the rosary.
2. How does Ginzburg characterize Marya Dogadkina?
(a) A devil.
(b) An illiterate peasant.
(c) A pleasant but incompetent supervisor.
(d) An angel.
3. How long does the second round of interrogations last?
(a) 1 day.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) 5 days.
(d) Three hours.
4. What does Polina Melnikova explain to the new prisoners?
(a) How to stay warm in the cold.
(b) How to make ice shelters.
(c) How to find trees that have a weakness and can be cut more easily.
(d) How to cheat the quota system.
5. What do most of the women receive for sentences?
(a) 1-4 years.
(b) 5-8 years.
(c) 20-30 years.
(d) 10-15 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the worse time for Ginzburg at the prison?
2. What strikes Ginzburg when talking with Tulub?
3. What are the sounds in the middle of the night?
4. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
5. What are Ginzburg and the other prisoners no longer permitted to do?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)