|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Salvation from Heaven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Ginzburg attribute her inability to distinguish one day from the next in the following year?
(a) The lack of clean air and being ill.
(b) Her instinct to survive.
(c) The depressing atmosphere.
(d) Her state of mind.
2. What does the lack enable?
(a) Prisoners to communicate freely.
(b) Cruel treatment by the guards and prisoners.
(c) Scurvy and other diseases.
(d) A sense of despair that they are killing the older party members.
3. What does Lydia pray concerning Ginzburg?
(a) Ginzburg will agree to the interrogators' wishes.
(b) Ginzburg not commit suicide.
(c) Ginzburg will be vindicated.
(d) Ginzburg will be true to her beliefs.
4. Where is Ginzburg put after her initial interrogations?
(a) In a dormitory with other political offenders.
(b) In a courtyard with tents for shelter.
(c) In a bleak prison with stone walls.
(d) In a cellar.
5. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
(a) She sets herself on fire.
(b) She shoots herself.
(c) She drinks acid.
(d) She hangs herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginzburg say is at the base of the walls in her cell?
2. To what does Ginzburg attribute her not signing anything that was false?
3. When is the worse time for Ginzburg at the prison?
4. Where is Ginzburg sent to work?
5. Who is "Grandma" Nastya?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)