|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Salvation from Heaven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does "Northern Worker" carry?
(a) News of Lenin's son's death.
(b) Stalin's grave illness.
(c) Lenin's widow's death.
(d) Purge in the Party's ranks.
2. Why is Ginzburg happy after her trial?
(a) She receives three years but is allowed to serve in her home town.
(b) She is released for time served.
(c) She is only given two years.
(d) She is not to be executed.
3. What do the two women continue to hide?
(a) Notes from other prisoners.
(b) Letters smuggled into them from their families.
(c) Their writings.
(d) Fish bones and medicine.
4. Who is Milda?
(a) A young, German opera singer.
(b) A prisoner who is in there because the family she worked for were arrested.
(c) One of the female guards.
(d) An elderly Latvian woman.
5. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
(a) She confesses to everything of which she is accused.
(b) She criticizes them for their methods.
(c) She asks forgiveness from the party.
(d) She absolves her family in her crimes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginzburg notice is lacking where she is now?
2. How long do Ginzburg's parents spend in prison?
3. Who is Pickwick?
4. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
5. What happens to what they see?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)