|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Salvation from Heaven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month and year are Ginzburg and the others transferred?
(a) November, 1939.
(b) May, 1937.
(c) July, 1939.
(d) July, 1936.
2. How are the sections divided up at the transfer camp?
(a) By gender.
(b) By age.
(c) By crimes.
(d) By region.
3. What does the lack enable?
(a) Cruel treatment by the guards and prisoners.
(b) Scurvy and other diseases.
(c) A sense of despair that they are killing the older party members.
(d) Prisoners to communicate freely.
4. What strikes Ginzburg when talking with Tulub?
(a) Ginzburg feels that Ginzburg's life story Ginzburg is telling is someone else's.
(b) Tulub still believes in the greater good of Communism.
(c) Tulub is so optimistic despite everything she's been through.
(d) Tulub has such a strong faith in a god force.
5. What is interesting about the prison library?
(a) They are stocked with books about God.
(b) The books are all written by primarily English and American authors.
(c) There are copies of publicly-banned books.
(d) Each book is only allowed to be checked out one time for one day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the prisoners want the guards to open windows and other sources of fresh air?
2. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
3. Who comes to see Ginzburg?
4. Why are the window fans in the cells shut off?
5. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)