|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Salvation from Heaven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Julia been saving?
(a) All the letters from her husband.
(b) Her commissary coupons.
(c) Butter and sugar.
(d) Her grandchildren's letters.
2. About what does Julia become optimistic?
(a) She and Ginzburg would be transferred to a more humane prison.
(b) The new prison Governor would be more benevolent.
(c) Her husband would get permission to visit her.
(d) They would be released soon.
3. What is crawling with insects?
(a) The slop pails.
(b) The halls and cells.
(c) The underground cell.
(d) Bad sugar Ginzburg bought from the prison commissary.
4. What is the evidence that many people are being charged?
(a) The sounds of torture are everywhere.
(b) The prison cells are overcrowded.
(c) Food is scarce.
(d) The whole system is running 24 hours per day.
5. What happens that brightens the prisoners' lives?
(a) They are allowed monthly visitors.
(b) The library is reopened.
(c) They receive reductions in their sentences for good behavior.
(d) They are allowed weekly visitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stalin label sections of the book that Elvov writes?
2. What does Natasha reveal about the Gestapo?
3. What form of communications does Ginzburg learn?
4. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
5. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)