|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Salvation from Heaven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
(b) Writing a condemnation of Trotsky.
(c) Forming a group to assassinate Stalin.
(d) Denouncing her best friend.
2. What do the two women continue to hide?
(a) Notes from other prisoners.
(b) Their writings.
(c) Fish bones and medicine.
(d) Letters smuggled into them from their families.
3. How does Ginzburg characterize the last group of women brought on board the ship?
(a) As those suffering for their religious beliefs.
(b) As innocent peasants.
(c) As true criminals.
(d) As hardened labor camp refugees.
4. How old is Elvov when he visits Ginzburg?
5. About what does Julia become optimistic?
(a) She and Ginzburg would be transferred to a more humane prison.
(b) The new prison Governor would be more benevolent.
(c) They would be released soon.
(d) Her husband would get permission to visit her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the maximum penalty for the crimes with which Ginzburg is charged?
2. What has happened to the entire government of Tartary?
3. What is the so-called method when Ginzburg is harshly interrogated by uninterrupted interrogation with different interrogators?
4. To what series of books has Elvov contributed an article?
5. What does Yaroslavsky do concening Ginzburg?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)