|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 47, A Bathhouse! Just an Ordinary Bathhouse! | Part I, Chapter 48, The Ruins of Sclusselburg.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is returned to Ginzburg?
(a) Her papers.
(b) Her dentures.
(c) Her money.
(d) Her watch.
2. What does Ginzburg think they are doing that is causing the screaming?
(a) Getting ready to execute a prisoner.
(b) She has no idea.
(c) Forcing a prisoner to eat.
(d) Hosing a prisoner down with freezing water.
3. Who does Ginzburg believe are dying off or being killed?
(a) Most of the original Party founders.
(b) Older, decent people.
(c) All her friends.
(d) Most of the men and women who have college degrees.
4. Who is Zinaida Abramova?
(a) An old friend of Ginzburg's.
(b) The wife of the prime minister of Tartary.
(c) A person placed in the prison as a spy.
(d) A torturer.
5. Why does Ginzburg consider herself lucky as far as her sentence?
(a) The communists had not started the mandatory twenty-five year sentences.
(b) She received less than her husband.
(c) The terrorist aspect of the charge was dropped or she might have received life.
(d) She could have been given as much as "Grandma" Nastya received.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lydia pray concerning Ginzburg?
2. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
3. Why is Ginzburg's watch inaccurate?
4. Why are Julia and Ginzburg put outside for an hour and a half?
5. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)