|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 47, A Bathhouse! Just an Ordinary Bathhouse! | Part I, Chapter 48, The Ruins of Sclusselburg.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
(a) They are not active in politics.
(b) They have been given medals from Stalin.
(c) They teach in very remote areas.
(d) They are loyal party members.
2. What does Ginzburg call her mother-in-law?
(b) Mrs. Aksyonnova.
3. About what does Julia become optimistic?
(a) Her husband would get permission to visit her.
(b) She and Ginzburg would be transferred to a more humane prison.
(c) They would be released soon.
(d) The new prison Governor would be more benevolent.
4. Why are the window fans in the cells shut off?
(a) The electricity is down.
(b) A worker accidentally blew that circuit.
(c) The prisoners complained about the cold air blowing through the cells.
(d) To deprive the prisoners of fresh air.
5. Who summons Ginzburg?
(a) The politburo in Moscow.
(b) The head of the GGP.
(c) The district committee.
(d) The deputy chief of the Moscow Communist party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lyama's family work?
2. What eventually happens to Sagidullin?
3. To what does Ginzburg attribute her not signing anything that was false?
4. What do the wardens do for counting prisoners?
5. Why is Ginzburg's watch inaccurate?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)