|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 47, A Bathhouse! Just an Ordinary Bathhouse! | Part I, Chapter 48, The Ruins of Sclusselburg.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
(a) For failing to denouce Trotsky strenuously enough in a recent lecture.
(b) For having a book in her home that was published outside of Russia.
(c) For missing two meetings in a row when she was ill.
(d) For not denouncing Elvov.
2. In what month and year are Ginzburg and the others transferred?
(a) May, 1937.
(b) November, 1939.
(c) July, 1939.
(d) July, 1936.
3. Why are the window fans in the cells shut off?
(a) The prisoners complained about the cold air blowing through the cells.
(b) A worker accidentally blew that circuit.
(c) To deprive the prisoners of fresh air.
(d) The electricity is down.
4. What do most of the women receive for sentences?
(a) 20-30 years.
(b) 10-15 years.
(c) 1-4 years.
(d) 5-8 years.
5. What incenses Ginzburg about how her answers are recorded?
(a) They show her as much closer to Elvov than she is.
(b) They are skewed to fit the judgment the interrogator is trying to justify.
(c) They are recorded inacurrately.
(d) They put her family in a collaborative position.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vevers use frequently?
2. Why do Ginzburg eat bread and a pound of sugar?
3. Who is Lyama Shepel?
4. About what does Julia become optimistic?
5. What does Yaroslavsky open the cell window to give Ginzburg?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)