|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 47, A Bathhouse! Just an Ordinary Bathhouse! | Part I, Chapter 48, The Ruins of Sclusselburg.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Zinaida Abramova?
(a) An old friend of Ginzburg's.
(b) The wife of the prime minister of Tartary.
(c) A torturer.
(d) A person placed in the prison as a spy.
2. Why does Ginzburg pass out?
(a) The beatings.
(b) The lack of decent food.
(c) When she is choked by an interrogator.
(d) The heat.
3. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
(a) At his home.
(b) In the same cellar as Ginzburg.
(c) In the Gulag.
4. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
(a) She hangs herself.
(b) She sets herself on fire.
(c) She drinks acid.
(d) She shoots herself.
5. How many hours a day is Ginzburg confined to her cell?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ginzburg describe Stalin?
2. With what are Ginzburg and Julia becoming disillusioned?
3. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
4. What do both Ginzburg and Julia wonder?
5. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)