|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 47, A Bathhouse! Just an Ordinary Bathhouse! | Part I, Chapter 48, The Ruins of Sclusselburg.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The women are sent from the prison _______________.
(a) To the train station.
(b) To a holding area.
(c) To their homes.
(d) To board a line of trucks.
2. Why are the window fans in the cells shut off?
(a) The electricity is down.
(b) A worker accidentally blew that circuit.
(c) To deprive the prisoners of fresh air.
(d) The prisoners complained about the cold air blowing through the cells.
3. What has Ginzburg heard is an indication she is about to be shot?
(a) The nicer the prison the more likely one is to die soon.
(b) She is put into a single cell with a real bed.
(c) She is given all her possesions back.
(d) She is made to sign papers that she is not allowed to read.
4. What do the two women do at night instead of sleeping?
(a) Create games to play.
(b) Have philosophical discussions.
(c) Play cards.
5. What do the women become proficient at during the day?
(a) Convincing the guards to give them more priviledges.
(b) Communicating with other prisoners.
(c) Maximizing their exercise time.
(d) Sleeping in a sitting position.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Vevers described?
2. How long after her hearing is Ginzburg arrested?
3. Who is Yefrem?
4. How is Ginzburg's new prison described?
5. What does Ginzburg's visitor tell her?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)