|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 47, A Bathhouse! Just an Ordinary Bathhouse! | Part I, Chapter 48, The Ruins of Sclusselburg.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ginzburg hear in the hall as her visitor leaves?
2. What happens when the Chinese prisoner laughs?
(a) She is put in solitary confinement.
(b) The entire cell block erupts in laughter.
(c) She is whipped.
(d) She is shot.
3. What does Ginzburg notice is lacking where she is now?
(b) Decent food.
(c) Older party members.
4. What does Ginzburg's visitor tell her?
(a) Her children are well.
(b) Her son is still very ill.
(c) She needs to eat.
(d) She is having an appeal filed.
5. How does Ginzburg describe Stalin?
(c) Ugly and repulsive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Italian woman doing?
2. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
3. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
4. How old is the youngest woman in the cell with Ginzburg?
5. What do the wardens do for counting prisoners?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)