|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 47, A Bathhouse! Just an Ordinary Bathhouse! | Part I, Chapter 48, The Ruins of Sclusselburg.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
(a) She sets herself on fire.
(b) She drinks acid.
(c) She hangs herself.
(d) She shoots herself.
2. Who is Comrade Beylin?
(a) The head of the local GPU.
(b) The new Chariman of the Bureau of Party Political Control.
(c) Stalin's son-in-law and head of the Foreign Propaganda office.
(d) A doctor who gives Ginzburg a slip saying she was ill.
3. What does Lydia pray concerning Ginzburg?
(a) Ginzburg will be true to her beliefs.
(b) Ginzburg will be vindicated.
(c) Ginzburg not commit suicide.
(d) Ginzburg will agree to the interrogators' wishes.
4. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
(a) She absolves her family in her crimes.
(b) She confesses to everything of which she is accused.
(c) She asks forgiveness from the party.
(d) She criticizes them for their methods.
5. Why is Ginsburg sad on September 1, 1935?
(a) It is the anniversary of when her young daughter had died.
(b) It is the anniversary of when her young son had died.
(c) It is the anniversary of when she first started teaching.
(d) She is no longer allowed to teach and it's the first day of school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sagidullin think is the reason for the current purge?
2. What is returned to Ginzburg?
3. Why is Ginzburg happy after her trial?
4. What does Ginzburg write?
5. What do Ginzburg and Julia see in the courtyard where they are walking?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)