|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 47, A Bathhouse! Just an Ordinary Bathhouse! | Part I, Chapter 48, The Ruins of Sclusselburg.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ginzburg try to clean up herself?
(a) Her mother is allowed to visit.
(b) Her defense lawyer is going to talk to her.
(c) Her husband is allowed to visit.
(d) Her trial will be soon.
2. How is Julia and Ginzburg's existence described?
(b) Fairly comfortable.
3. With what are Ginzburg and Julia becoming disillusioned?
(a) The prospect of vindication.
(b) The Soviet system.
(c) The prospect of better conditions in the prison.
(d) The prospects of an early release.
4. What is interesting about the prison library?
(a) There are copies of publicly-banned books.
(b) They are stocked with books about God.
(c) Each book is only allowed to be checked out one time for one day.
(d) The books are all written by primarily English and American authors.
5. Who is Comrade Beylin?
(a) Stalin's son-in-law and head of the Foreign Propaganda office.
(b) The new Chariman of the Bureau of Party Political Control.
(c) The head of the local GPU.
(d) A doctor who gives Ginzburg a slip saying she was ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ginzburg sent home?
2. Who is Yefrem?
3. Where did Lyama's family work?
4. What was Julia Karepova's career before imprisonment?
5. Why is Elvov apologizing to Ginzburg?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)