|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 47, A Bathhouse! Just an Ordinary Bathhouse! | Part I, Chapter 48, The Ruins of Sclusselburg.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ginzburg told about her husband?
(a) He has disowned her.
(b) He is divorcing her.
(c) He has hired a good lawyer.
(d) He has also been arrested.
2. Who is "Grandma" Nastya?
(a) The woman who receives the shortest sentence.
(b) The only woman who receives a fifteen year sentence.
(c) The only other woman who receives a ten-year sentence.
(d) The only woman who is acquitted.
3. Why does a Chinese prisoner laugh one day during head count?
(a) The warden trips over a threshold.
(b) One prisoner is missing a leg and says he should only count as 1/2 a person.
(c) One warden has trouble counting past twenty.
(d) One warden continually miscounts the prisoners.
4. What is Julia determined to see?
(a) Her children grow up.
(b) Her husband again.
(c) The New Year.
(d) Her grandchildren again.
5. Who is Captain Vevers?
(a) The man who interrogates Ginzburg.
(b) The man who forces the interrogator to be humane when questioning Ginzburg.
(c) The man who tries to be kind to Ginzburg in prison.
(d) The head of the secret police in Moscow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
2. What is interesting about the prison library?
3. What happens on Red Army Day?
4. Who is one person Zinaida Abramova says has been arrested?
5. What does Ginzburg learn at the end of June?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)