|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 47, A Bathhouse! Just an Ordinary Bathhouse! | Part I, Chapter 48, The Ruins of Sclusselburg.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lyama Shepel?
(a) One of the interrogators.
(b) Ginzburg's cell mate.
(c) Ginzburg's family servant.
(d) A cook at the prison.
2. In what month and year are Ginzburg and the others transferred?
(a) July, 1939.
(b) May, 1937.
(c) July, 1936.
(d) November, 1939.
3. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
(a) Gossip is not truth.
(b) Stalin is mentally unstable.
(c) She is innocent.
(d) Stalin is going to far.
4. How long after her hearing is Ginzburg arrested?
(a) Eight days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Several months.
(d) One day.
5. What do the two women continue to hide?
(a) Their writings.
(b) Letters smuggled into them from their families.
(c) Fish bones and medicine.
(d) Notes from other prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two women do at night instead of sleeping?
2. Who is Milda?
3. What incenses Ginzburg about how her answers are recorded?
4. The women are sent from the prison _______________.
5. What has Julia been saving?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)