|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 47, A Bathhouse! Just an Ordinary Bathhouse! | Part I, Chapter 48, The Ruins of Sclusselburg.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Natasha reveal about the Gestapo?
(a) They have the same forms of torture as the Communists.
(b) They are actually more humane than the Communists.
(c) They are in league with Stalin's secret police.
(d) She worked for the Gestapo before coming to this prison.
2. How long after her hearing is Ginzburg arrested?
(a) One day.
(b) Several months.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Three weeks.
3. Why are Julia and Ginzburg put outside for an hour and a half?
(a) So they can get some Vitamin D from the sunshine.
(b) So the guards can contain the fire.
(c) So the other prisoners do not hear them complain.
(d) So the guards can hose down the cells.
4. What is interesting about the prison library?
(a) Each book is only allowed to be checked out one time for one day.
(b) There are copies of publicly-banned books.
(c) The books are all written by primarily English and American authors.
(d) They are stocked with books about God.
5. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
(a) Ginzburg's favorite mentor.
(b) One of her former students whoi s the head of the committee.
(c) Ginzburg's third cousin who must pronounce the judgement.
(d) Her friends who are caught in their own false accusations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Ginzburg get one day in a singing message?
2. What do the wardens do for counting prisoners?
3. What was Julia Karepova's career before imprisonment?
4. Why does Ginzburg pass out?
5. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)