|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 47, A Bathhouse! Just an Ordinary Bathhouse! | Part I, Chapter 48, The Ruins of Sclusselburg.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ginzburg happy after her trial?
(a) She is not to be executed.
(b) She is only given two years.
(c) She is released for time served.
(d) She receives three years but is allowed to serve in her home town.
2. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
(a) He has killed himself.
(b) He has confessed to participating in a plot against Stalin.
(c) He has said Ginzburg contacted him about killing another party member.
(d) He has confessed against Ginzburg.
3. What is crawling with insects?
(a) The underground cell.
(b) The slop pails.
(c) Bad sugar Ginzburg bought from the prison commissary.
(d) The halls and cells.
4. What is interesting about the prison library?
(a) The books are all written by primarily English and American authors.
(b) Each book is only allowed to be checked out one time for one day.
(c) There are copies of publicly-banned books.
(d) They are stocked with books about God.
5. What is Ginzburg told about her husband?
(a) He has hired a good lawyer.
(b) He is divorcing her.
(c) He has disowned her.
(d) He has also been arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginzburg hear in the hall as her visitor leaves?
2. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
3. Who is the latest of the higher members of the Party to be imprisoned?
4. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
5. What happens after a period of regular interrogations?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)