|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 47, A Bathhouse! Just an Ordinary Bathhouse! | Part I, Chapter 48, The Ruins of Sclusselburg.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ginzburg's watch inaccurate?
(a) Its battery is run down.
(b) She forgot to wind it sometimes in prison and only guessed at the time when resetting it.
(c) It has not been wound since she entered prison.
(d) The dampness of the prison has rusted it.
2. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
(a) She hangs herself.
(b) She sets herself on fire.
(c) She drinks acid.
(d) She shoots herself.
3. Who comes to see Ginzburg?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) The prison physician.
(d) The prison governor.
4. Who is Comrade Beylin?
(a) The new Chariman of the Bureau of Party Political Control.
(b) Stalin's son-in-law and head of the Foreign Propaganda office.
(c) A doctor who gives Ginzburg a slip saying she was ill.
(d) The head of the local GPU.
5. What has happened to the entire government of Tartary?
(a) The Tartary government has been accused of collusion with terrorists.
(b) They have resigned their positions en-masse.
(c) The have been imprisoned.
(d) The Tartary government meetings have been suspended.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the wardens do for counting prisoners?
2. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
3. What do Ginzburg and Julia see in the courtyard where they are walking?
4. How old is Elvov when he visits Ginzburg?
5. What happens after a period of regular interrogations?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)