|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 47, A Bathhouse! Just an Ordinary Bathhouse! | Part I, Chapter 48, The Ruins of Sclusselburg.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the maximum penalty for the crimes with which Ginzburg is charged?
(a) Life imprisonment.
(b) 10 to 30 years.
(d) 20 years.
2. What does Lydia pray concerning Ginzburg?
(a) Ginzburg will be vindicated.
(b) Ginzburg will agree to the interrogators' wishes.
(c) Ginzburg will be true to her beliefs.
(d) Ginzburg not commit suicide.
3. What happens that brightens the prisoners' lives?
(a) The library is reopened.
(b) They receive reductions in their sentences for good behavior.
(c) They are allowed monthly visitors.
(d) They are allowed weekly visitors.
4. What incenses Ginzburg about how her answers are recorded?
(a) They are skewed to fit the judgment the interrogator is trying to justify.
(b) They put her family in a collaborative position.
(c) They are recorded inacurrately.
(d) They show her as much closer to Elvov than she is.
5. What has Ginzburg heard is an indication she is about to be shot?
(a) The nicer the prison the more likely one is to die soon.
(b) She is put into a single cell with a real bed.
(c) She is made to sign papers that she is not allowed to read.
(d) She is given all her possesions back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginzburg learn at the end of June?
2. What are the women happy to do?
3. Who is Garey Sagidullin?
4. Who is Comrade Beylin?
5. What are the sounds in the middle of the night?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)