|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 47, A Bathhouse! Just an Ordinary Bathhouse! | Part I, Chapter 48, The Ruins of Sclusselburg.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Julia been saving?
(a) Her grandchildren's letters.
(b) All the letters from her husband.
(c) Her commissary coupons.
(d) Butter and sugar.
2. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
(a) One of her former students whoi s the head of the committee.
(b) Ginzburg's favorite mentor.
(c) Her friends who are caught in their own false accusations.
(d) Ginzburg's third cousin who must pronounce the judgement.
3. Who is Yefrem?
(a) One of Ginzburg's former students.
(b) A secret police guard.
(c) A man who offers the prisoners some food when the truck is stopped.
(d) A driver of the Black Maria.
4. What helps Ginzburg sleep?
(a) Composing mental poetry.
5. What does Yaroslavsky open the cell window to give Ginzburg?
(a) A note from the woman in the cell next door.
(b) A letter.
(c) Words of encouragement.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Vevers described?
2. What is returned to Ginzburg?
3. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
4. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
5. What is Ginzburg told about her husband?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)