|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 47, A Bathhouse! Just an Ordinary Bathhouse! | Part I, Chapter 48, The Ruins of Sclusselburg.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
(a) He has confessed to participating in a plot against Stalin.
(b) He has confessed against Ginzburg.
(c) He has said Ginzburg contacted him about killing another party member.
(d) He has killed himself.
2. What do both Ginzburg and Julia wonder?
(a) If their husbands are still alive.
(b) If they will make it out of prison alive.
(c) If their children are suffering.
(d) If the new warden will be better.
3. How long after her hearing is Ginzburg arrested?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One day.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Several months.
4. What do the wardens do for counting prisoners?
(a) They have each prisoner write his/her name on a piece of paper.
(b) They have the prisoners line up on their name in a hallway.
(c) They count pairs of feet.
(d) They count tin cups.
5. In what year does Professor Elvov visit Ginzburg?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lyama Shepel?
2. Why are the window fans in the cells shut off?
3. For how long is Ginzburg at Yaroslavl?
4. What happens when Ginzburg exercises in her cell?
5. Why are Julia and Ginzburg put outside for an hour and a half?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)