|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 47, A Bathhouse! Just an Ordinary Bathhouse! | Part I, Chapter 48, The Ruins of Sclusselburg.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Captain Vevers?
(a) The man who interrogates Ginzburg.
(b) The head of the secret police in Moscow.
(c) The man who tries to be kind to Ginzburg in prison.
(d) The man who forces the interrogator to be humane when questioning Ginzburg.
2. What does Lydia tell Ginzburg that God does?
(a) Watches over fatherless children.
(b) Triumphs in the end.
(c) Punishes wicked doers.
(d) Exacts vengeance.
3. What might happen if Ginzburg makes any stops along the way to present herself for the arrest warrant?
(a) She might get an even harsher sentence.
(b) Her mother might become hysterical.
(c) She could make things even more difficult for herself or loved ones.
(d) She might be shot.
4. How long after her hearing is Ginzburg arrested?
(a) One day.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Several months.
(d) Eight days.
5. What does Lydia pray concerning Ginzburg?
(a) Ginzburg not commit suicide.
(b) Ginzburg will agree to the interrogators' wishes.
(c) Ginzburg will be vindicated.
(d) Ginzburg will be true to her beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginzburg hear in the hall as her visitor leaves?
2. What does Ginzburg's visitor tell her?
3. How old is Elvov when he visits Ginzburg?
4. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
5. To what does Ginzburg attribute her not signing anything that was false?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)