|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 39, Next Year in Jerusalem | Part I, Chapter 40, Day after Day, Month after Month.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two women continue to hide?
(a) Notes from other prisoners.
(b) Letters smuggled into them from their families.
(c) Fish bones and medicine.
(d) Their writings.
2. What does Ginzburg think they are doing that is causing the screaming?
(a) Hosing a prisoner down with freezing water.
(b) Forcing a prisoner to eat.
(c) She has no idea.
(d) Getting ready to execute a prisoner.
3. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
(a) Curses Stalin.
(b) Tries to kill herself.
(c) Denounces her husband.
(d) Denounces Yaroslavsky.
4. What does Sagidullin think is the reason for the current purge?
(a) To get Stalin's cronies into all the important positions in the government.
(b) To kill off anyone that might challenge Stalin.
(c) There does not seem to be a reason for it.
(d) To trim the party, which had stopped being such an elite organization.
5. What is the maximum penalty for the crimes with which Ginzburg is charged?
(a) Life imprisonment.
(b) 10 to 30 years.
(d) 20 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does this form of interrogation last?
2. What does Ginzburg write?
3. How is Julia and Ginzburg's existence described?
4. Where is Ginzburg put after her initial interrogations?
5. What does Milda encourage Ginzburg to do?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)