|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 39, Next Year in Jerusalem | Part I, Chapter 40, Day after Day, Month after Month.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ginzburg taken?
(a) Lefortovo prison.
(b) The Crimean Prison.
(c) The Warden's office.
(d) The offices of the Moscow Secret Police.
2. What do the wardens do for counting prisoners?
(a) They have each prisoner write his/her name on a piece of paper.
(b) They have the prisoners line up on their name in a hallway.
(c) They count tin cups.
(d) They count pairs of feet.
3. When is the worse time for Ginzburg at the prison?
(a) The house after supper before sleep.
(b) Upon waking.
(c) When it is pitch black at night.
(d) As she is told to go back inside after being out.
4. What news does Ginzburg get one day in a singing message?
(a) Her mother has been arrested.
(b) Her son is dead.
(c) Her mother is dead.
(d) Her husband has been arrested.
5. What does Vevers use frequently?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
2. How old is Elvov when he visits Ginzburg?
3. How is Vevers described?
4. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
5. What is the evidence that many people are being charged?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)