|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 39, Next Year in Jerusalem | Part I, Chapter 40, Day after Day, Month after Month.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
(a) She loves the Party more than she loves him.
(b) He was embezzling.
(c) He was going to make up lies about her involvement with Elvov.
(d) He beat her all the time.
2. What does Ginzburg notice is lacking where she is now?
(b) Decent food.
(c) Older party members.
3. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
(a) She confesses to everything of which she is accused.
(b) She asks forgiveness from the party.
(c) She criticizes them for their methods.
(d) She absolves her family in her crimes.
4. What might happen if Ginzburg makes any stops along the way to present herself for the arrest warrant?
(a) Her mother might become hysterical.
(b) She might get an even harsher sentence.
(c) She might be shot.
(d) She could make things even more difficult for herself or loved ones.
5. What is Julia determined to see?
(a) Her children grow up.
(b) Her husband again.
(c) The New Year.
(d) Her grandchildren again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women become proficient at during the day?
2. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
3. Where is Ginzburg taken?
4. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
5. What does Ginzburg think they are doing that is causing the screaming?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)