|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 39, Next Year in Jerusalem | Part I, Chapter 40, Day after Day, Month after Month.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Garey Sagidullin?
(a) An old professor.
(b) A prison guard.
(c) An interrogator.
(d) A janitor.
2. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
(a) Fighting the charges.
(b) Stopping to tell her mother goodbye.
(c) Publicly saying goodbye to her children.
(d) Defending her initial statements.
3. What does Lydia tell Ginzburg that God does?
(a) Watches over fatherless children.
(b) Punishes wicked doers.
(c) Exacts vengeance.
(d) Triumphs in the end.
4. What do the wardens do for counting prisoners?
(a) They have the prisoners line up on their name in a hallway.
(b) They have each prisoner write his/her name on a piece of paper.
(c) They count pairs of feet.
(d) They count tin cups.
5. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
(a) Teaching heresy.
(b) Inciting riots.
(d) Collaborating with the enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the evidence that many people are being charged?
2. What do both Ginzburg and Julia wonder?
3. Why does Ginzburg try to clean up herself?
4. Who is Lyama Shepel?
5. What does the lack enable?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)