|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 39, Next Year in Jerusalem | Part I, Chapter 40, Day after Day, Month after Month.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Julia Karepova's career before imprisonment?
(c) Physics Professor.
2. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
(a) Ginzburg's status is lowered at the University.
(b) Ginzburg is told she can give no more public lectures for two years.
(c) Ginzbug is reprimanded, but it is later canceled.
(d) Ginzburg must submit a vociferously-worded condemnation of Trotsky.
3. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
(a) At his home.
(b) In the Gulag.
(d) In the same cellar as Ginzburg.
4. Where is Ginzburg sent at the opening of Chapter 19?
(c) St. Petersburg.
(d) Krasin Street Prison.
5. What does Lydia tell Ginzburg that God does?
(a) Punishes wicked doers.
(b) Exacts vengeance.
(c) Watches over fatherless children.
(d) Triumphs in the end.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
2. What is the so-called method when Ginzburg is harshly interrogated by uninterrupted interrogation with different interrogators?
3. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
4. What does Ginzburg think they are doing that is causing the screaming?
5. To what does Ginzburg attribute her not signing anything that was false?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)