|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 39, Next Year in Jerusalem | Part I, Chapter 40, Day after Day, Month after Month.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Julia Karepova's career before imprisonment?
(d) Physics Professor.
2. Why does Ginzburg believe she was lucky not to have signed anything?
(a) She might have received a longer sentence.
(b) A woman who did so is executed.
(c) She might have been sent to a worse prison.
(d) When Stalin is out of power, she might have been ostracized.
3. What does the lack enable?
(a) Scurvy and other diseases.
(b) A sense of despair that they are killing the older party members.
(c) Cruel treatment by the guards and prisoners.
(d) Prisoners to communicate freely.
4. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
(a) She absolves her family in her crimes.
(b) She criticizes them for their methods.
(c) She confesses to everything of which she is accused.
(d) She asks forgiveness from the party.
5. What happens when Ginzburg exercises in her cell?
(a) She gets bad shin splints from the stone floor.
(b) She slips on the stone.
(c) She gets sick from breathing the moldy air.
(d) She is told it is forbidden.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Vevers described?
2. What has Ginzburg heard is an indication she is about to be shot?
3. To what series of books has Elvov contributed an article?
4. What does Ginzburg call her mother-in-law?
5. How long does the second round of interrogations last?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)