|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 39, Next Year in Jerusalem | Part I, Chapter 40, Day after Day, Month after Month.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ginzburg think they are doing that is causing the screaming?
(a) She has no idea.
(b) Forcing a prisoner to eat.
(c) Hosing a prisoner down with freezing water.
(d) Getting ready to execute a prisoner.
2. To where has Ginzburg's case been referred?
(a) Back to her home town council.
(b) The Supreme Court of the Soviet Union.
(c) Her case has been dismissed.
(d) The Military Intelligence branch of investigations.
3. What eventually happens to Sagidullin?
(a) He is released.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He is sent to Sibera for six years.
(d) He is sentenced to death, which is commuted to life in prison.
4. What does Ginzburg call her mother-in-law?
(d) Mrs. Aksyonnova.
5. What happens after a period of regular interrogations?
(a) Ginzburg is shown her son being interrogated.
(b) Ginzburg is physically abused.
(c) The interrogations stop.
(d) Ginzburg is made to stay awake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the date February 15, 1937?
2. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
3. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
4. What form of communications does Ginzburg learn?
5. How long does Ginzburg's trial last?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)