|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 39, Next Year in Jerusalem | Part I, Chapter 40, Day after Day, Month after Month.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ginsburg sad on September 1, 1935?
(a) She is no longer allowed to teach and it's the first day of school.
(b) It is the anniversary of when she first started teaching.
(c) It is the anniversary of when her young daughter had died.
(d) It is the anniversary of when her young son had died.
2. What does Ginzburg think they are doing that is causing the screaming?
(a) Forcing a prisoner to eat.
(b) Hosing a prisoner down with freezing water.
(c) Getting ready to execute a prisoner.
(d) She has no idea.
3. Why does Ginzburg try to clean up herself?
(a) Her defense lawyer is going to talk to her.
(b) Her trial will be soon.
(c) Her mother is allowed to visit.
(d) Her husband is allowed to visit.
4. What do the two women do at night instead of sleeping?
(b) Play cards.
(c) Have philosophical discussions.
(d) Create games to play.
5. What happens when Ginzburg and Karepova are put in a cell together?
(a) They blame each other for being a turncoat.
(b) They talk for hours on end at end.
(c) They ration their speaking so as not to run out of things to say.
(d) They plot ways to escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ginzburg put after her initial interrogations?
2. To where has Ginzburg's case been referred?
3. What happens when Ginzburg exercises in her cell?
4. Where did Lyama's family work?
5. What has Ginzburg heard is an indication she is about to be shot?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)