|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 39, Next Year in Jerusalem | Part I, Chapter 40, Day after Day, Month after Month.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is returned to Ginzburg?
(a) Her watch.
(b) Her dentures.
(c) Her papers.
(d) Her money.
2. What is the maximum penalty for the crimes with which Ginzburg is charged?
(a) 10 to 30 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) Life imprisonment.
3. Where is Ginzburg taken?
(a) The Warden's office.
(b) The Crimean Prison.
(c) Lefortovo prison.
(d) The offices of the Moscow Secret Police.
4. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
(a) Stopping to tell her mother goodbye.
(b) Defending her initial statements.
(c) Publicly saying goodbye to her children.
(d) Fighting the charges.
5. What does Lydia tell Ginzburg that God does?
(a) Exacts vengeance.
(b) Punishes wicked doers.
(c) Triumphs in the end.
(d) Watches over fatherless children.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long is Ginzburg at Yaroslavl?
2. Who is Garey Sagidullin?
3. What happens when the Chinese prisoner laughs?
4. What news does Ginzburg get one day in a singing message?
5. What is Ginzburg's prison cell number at Yaroslavl?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)