|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 39, Next Year in Jerusalem | Part I, Chapter 40, Day after Day, Month after Month.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ginzburg try to clean up herself?
(a) Her husband is allowed to visit.
(b) Her mother is allowed to visit.
(c) Her defense lawyer is going to talk to her.
(d) Her trial will be soon.
2. To what series of books has Elvov contributed an article?
(a) A series on the famous painters of Russia.
(b) A series on the history of the Communist Party.
(c) A series on the fall of Czar Nicholas II.
(d) A series on the famous writers of Russia.
3. Who is one person Zinaida Abramova says has been arrested?
(a) Her brother.
(b) The son of her best friend.
(c) Her next-door-neighbor.
4. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
(a) In the same cellar as Ginzburg.
(b) In the Gulag.
(c) At his home.
5. Why is Nina in prison?
(a) Her mother said negative things about Stalin.
(b) For failing to denounce someone who denounces Stalin.
(c) Her boyfriend is in a conspiracy group.
(d) Her brother denounced Stalin and Nina does not report him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the sounds in the middle of the night?
2. What does Sagidullin think is the reason for the current purge?
3. To what does Ginzburg attribute her not signing anything that was false?
4. What is interesting about the prison library?
5. How many hours a day is Ginzburg confined to her cell?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)