|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 39, Next Year in Jerusalem | Part I, Chapter 40, Day after Day, Month after Month.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on Red Army Day?
(a) Ginzburg is tortured.
(b) Ginzburg is released to go home.
(c) Ginzburg is taken into a different office and is given the soft approach.
(d) Ginzburg is flogged.
2. How does Stalin label sections of the book that Elvov writes?
(b) Full of errors.
(d) Very accurate.
3. Why is Nina in prison?
(a) For failing to denounce someone who denounces Stalin.
(b) Her mother said negative things about Stalin.
(c) Her brother denounced Stalin and Nina does not report him.
(d) Her boyfriend is in a conspiracy group.
4. What do Ginzburg, Rimma, Ira and Julia discover?
(a) They are all unwilling to compromise their beliefs.
(b) They are bonding over the stress of prison.
(c) They have one thing in common that may have led to their arrests.
(d) They are the only women transferred to Moscow.
5. What does Yaroslavsky do concening Ginzburg?
(a) Tries to help her to flee the country.
(b) Denounces her.
(c) Hides evidence against her.
(d) Trumps up evidence against her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is "Grandma" Nastya?
2. What news does Ginzburg get one day in a singing message?
3. How long after her hearing is Ginzburg arrested?
4. What has happened to the entire government of Tartary?
5. How does Ginzburg describe Stalin?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)