|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 39, Next Year in Jerusalem | Part I, Chapter 40, Day after Day, Month after Month.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do most of the women receive for sentences?
(a) 10-15 years.
(b) 20-30 years.
(c) 5-8 years.
(d) 1-4 years.
2. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
(a) At his home.
(b) In the same cellar as Ginzburg.
(c) In the Gulag.
3. What does the lack enable?
(a) Prisoners to communicate freely.
(b) Cruel treatment by the guards and prisoners.
(c) Scurvy and other diseases.
(d) A sense of despair that they are killing the older party members.
4. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
(a) She is to go work on a communal farm and teach there.
(b) She is expelled from the Communist Party.
(c) She is to be executed.
(d) She is exonerated of all but three minor charges.
5. What do the women become proficient at during the day?
(a) Sleeping in a sitting position.
(b) Maximizing their exercise time.
(c) Convincing the guards to give them more priviledges.
(d) Communicating with other prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
2. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
3. What does Yaroslavsky do concening Ginzburg?
4. What happens when Ginzburg and Karepova are put in a cell together?
5. Who is Comrade Beylin?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)