|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 39, Next Year in Jerusalem | Part I, Chapter 40, Day after Day, Month after Month.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
(a) He has confessed to participating in a plot against Stalin.
(b) He has killed himself.
(c) He has confessed against Ginzburg.
(d) He has said Ginzburg contacted him about killing another party member.
2. What does Lydia pray concerning Ginzburg?
(a) Ginzburg will be vindicated.
(b) Ginzburg not commit suicide.
(c) Ginzburg will agree to the interrogators' wishes.
(d) Ginzburg will be true to her beliefs.
3. How long does the second round of interrogations last?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) 1 day.
(c) Three hours.
(d) 5 days.
4. What is Julia determined to see?
(a) Her grandchildren again.
(b) The New Year.
(c) Her husband again.
(d) Her children grow up.
5. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
(a) Fighting the charges.
(b) Defending her initial statements.
(c) Stopping to tell her mother goodbye.
(d) Publicly saying goodbye to her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Ginzburg and Karepova are put in a cell together?
2. How does Stalin label sections of the book that Elvov writes?
3. Who is Comrade Beylin?
4. What is returned to Ginzburg?
5. What do most of the women receive for sentences?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)