|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 39, Next Year in Jerusalem | Part I, Chapter 40, Day after Day, Month after Month.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what series of books has Elvov contributed an article?
(a) A series on the famous painters of Russia.
(b) A series on the fall of Czar Nicholas II.
(c) A series on the famous writers of Russia.
(d) A series on the history of the Communist Party.
2. Who is Zinaida Abramova?
(a) An old friend of Ginzburg's.
(b) A person placed in the prison as a spy.
(c) A torturer.
(d) The wife of the prime minister of Tartary.
3. Who is Alyosha?
(a) Ginzburg's best friend who disappears.
(b) Ginzburg's brother who disappears.
(c) The judge that sentences Ginzburg.
(d) Ginzburg's oldest son.
4. What are the sounds in the middle of the night?
(a) Old pipes rattling.
(b) The rats gnawing on the pallets.
(c) No one knows.
(d) Screams from torturing going on.
5. What does Yaroslavsky do concening Ginzburg?
(a) Tries to help her to flee the country.
(b) Trumps up evidence against her.
(c) Denounces her.
(d) Hides evidence against her.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where has Ginzburg's case been referred?
2. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
3. What does Ginzburg hear in the hall as her visitor leaves?
4. Who is Garey Sagidullin?
5. Who is "Grandma" Nastya?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)