|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 39, Next Year in Jerusalem | Part I, Chapter 40, Day after Day, Month after Month.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a Chinese prisoner laugh one day during head count?
(a) One warden continually miscounts the prisoners.
(b) The warden trips over a threshold.
(c) One warden has trouble counting past twenty.
(d) One prisoner is missing a leg and says he should only count as 1/2 a person.
2. Why does Ginzburg try to clean up herself?
(a) Her husband is allowed to visit.
(b) Her mother is allowed to visit.
(c) Her defense lawyer is going to talk to her.
(d) Her trial will be soon.
3. Who is Garey Sagidullin?
(a) An interrogator.
(b) An old professor.
(c) A prison guard.
(d) A janitor.
4. What does Ginzburg hear in the hall as her visitor leaves?
5. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
(a) They are conducted by incompetent judges.
(c) Honest but flawed.
(d) Corrupt and hypocritical.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to see Ginzburg?
2. How is Ginzburg's new prison described?
3. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
4. For how long is Ginzburg at Yaroslavl?
5. What are the sounds in the middle of the night?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)