|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 39, Next Year in Jerusalem | Part I, Chapter 40, Day after Day, Month after Month.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Ginzburg's trial last?
(a) 10 hours.
(b) 18 hours.
(c) 7 minutes.
(d) Several days.
2. What does Natasha reveal about the Gestapo?
(a) They are in league with Stalin's secret police.
(b) They have the same forms of torture as the Communists.
(c) She worked for the Gestapo before coming to this prison.
(d) They are actually more humane than the Communists.
3. What is the so-called method when Ginzburg is harshly interrogated by uninterrupted interrogation with different interrogators?
(a) The Conveyor Belt.
(b) The gauntlet.
(d) The Stream.
4. Why is Ginzburg happy after her trial?
(a) She receives three years but is allowed to serve in her home town.
(b) She is not to be executed.
(c) She is released for time served.
(d) She is only given two years.
5. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
(a) Honest but flawed.
(c) They are conducted by incompetent judges.
(d) Corrupt and hypocritical.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the wardens do for counting prisoners?
2. What happens when Ginzburg exercises in her cell?
3. To where has Ginzburg's case been referred?
4. What news does Ginzburg get one day in a singing message?
5. What does Ginzburg observe when she arrives in Moscow?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)