|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 39, Next Year in Jerusalem | Part I, Chapter 40, Day after Day, Month after Month.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the lack enable?
(a) Prisoners to communicate freely.
(b) A sense of despair that they are killing the older party members.
(c) Cruel treatment by the guards and prisoners.
(d) Scurvy and other diseases.
2. What is Julia determined to see?
(a) Her children grow up.
(b) Her grandchildren again.
(c) The New Year.
(d) Her husband again.
3. What was Julia Karepova's career before imprisonment?
(c) Physics Professor.
4. What is Ginzburg's prison cell number at Yaroslavl?
5. What eventually stops this first round of the new type of interrogations?
(a) Ginzburg confesses and signs what they want her to sign.
(b) Ginzburg asks to speak to Elvov.
(c) A new prisoner takes their attention away from her.
(d) Ginzburg blacks out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginzburg write?
2. For how long is Ginzburg at Yaroslavl?
3. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
4. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
5. In what year does Professor Elvov visit Ginzburg?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)