|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 39, Next Year in Jerusalem | Part I, Chapter 40, Day after Day, Month after Month.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ginzburg believe she was lucky not to have signed anything?
(a) She might have received a longer sentence.
(b) A woman who did so is executed.
(c) She might have been sent to a worse prison.
(d) When Stalin is out of power, she might have been ostracized.
2. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
(a) They are not active in politics.
(b) They teach in very remote areas.
(c) They have been given medals from Stalin.
(d) They are loyal party members.
3. What happens that brightens the prisoners' lives?
(a) The library is reopened.
(b) They are allowed monthly visitors.
(c) They are allowed weekly visitors.
(d) They receive reductions in their sentences for good behavior.
4. What does Ginzburg hear in the hall as her visitor leaves?
5. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
(a) Stalin is mentally unstable.
(b) Gossip is not truth.
(c) Stalin is going to far.
(d) She is innocent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the evidence that many people are being charged?
2. To where has Ginzburg's case been referred?
3. What does Sagidullin think is the reason for the current purge?
4. Why is Nina in prison?
5. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)