|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 39, Next Year in Jerusalem | Part I, Chapter 40, Day after Day, Month after Month.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might happen if Ginzburg makes any stops along the way to present herself for the arrest warrant?
(a) Her mother might become hysterical.
(b) She might be shot.
(c) She could make things even more difficult for herself or loved ones.
(d) She might get an even harsher sentence.
2. Where is Ginzburg sent at the opening of Chapter 19?
(b) Krasin Street Prison.
(d) St. Petersburg.
3. What happens when the Chinese prisoner laughs?
(a) She is put in solitary confinement.
(b) The entire cell block erupts in laughter.
(c) She is shot.
(d) She is whipped.
4. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
(a) Stalin is going to far.
(b) She is innocent.
(c) Stalin is mentally unstable.
(d) Gossip is not truth.
5. What is Ginzburg told about her husband?
(a) He has hired a good lawyer.
(b) He has disowned her.
(c) He is divorcing her.
(d) He has also been arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Italian woman doing?
2. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
3. Where did Lyama's family work?
4. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
5. What does Lydia pray concerning Ginzburg?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)