|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 39, Next Year in Jerusalem | Part I, Chapter 40, Day after Day, Month after Month.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form of communications does Ginzburg learn?
(a) A form of shorthand.
(b) Knocking on walls.
(d) Number codes.
2. Why does Ginzburg consider herself lucky as far as her sentence?
(a) She could have been given as much as "Grandma" Nastya received.
(b) The communists had not started the mandatory twenty-five year sentences.
(c) The terrorist aspect of the charge was dropped or she might have received life.
(d) She received less than her husband.
3. What do the two women continue to hide?
(a) Letters smuggled into them from their families.
(b) Notes from other prisoners.
(c) Their writings.
(d) Fish bones and medicine.
4. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
(a) Teaching heresy.
(b) Collaborating with the enemy.
(d) Inciting riots.
5. What does Sagidullin think is the reason for the current purge?
(a) There does not seem to be a reason for it.
(b) To kill off anyone that might challenge Stalin.
(c) To get Stalin's cronies into all the important positions in the government.
(d) To trim the party, which had stopped being such an elite organization.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Livanov ask Ginzburg concerning Elvov?
2. Who is Zinaida Abramova?
3. What does Ginzburg call her mother-in-law?
4. What happens when Ginzburg and Karepova are put in a cell together?
5. What is interesting about the prison library?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)