|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 25, Introduction to Butyrki | Part I, Chapter 26, The Whole of the Comintern.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about the date February 15, 1937?
(a) It is Ginzburg's birthday.
(b) It is the day Ginzburg was imprisoned.
(c) It is Ginzburg's wedding anniversary day.
(d) It is Ginzburg's last day to teach.
2. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
(a) For missing two meetings in a row when she was ill.
(b) For failing to denouce Trotsky strenuously enough in a recent lecture.
(c) For having a book in her home that was published outside of Russia.
(d) For not denouncing Elvov.
3. How long does the second round of interrogations last?
(a) 1 day.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) 5 days.
(d) Three hours.
4. What does Avodotya Aksyonova advise Ginzburg?
(a) To ask her friends to give her their endorsements.
(b) To ask her husband to denounce her.
(c) To go far away.
(d) To humble herself.
5. What does Ginzburg observe when she arrives in Moscow?
(a) The purges have been massive.
(b) Only the intelligentsia have been targeted.
(c) Her son is here.
(d) Her husband is here.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ginzburg told about her husband?
2. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
3. Where is Ginzburg put after her initial interrogations?
4. How old is Elvov when he visits Ginzburg?
5. Where did Lyama's family work?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)