|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 25, Introduction to Butyrki | Part I, Chapter 26, The Whole of the Comintern.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sagidullin think is the reason for the current purge?
(a) There does not seem to be a reason for it.
(b) To kill off anyone that might challenge Stalin.
(c) To get Stalin's cronies into all the important positions in the government.
(d) To trim the party, which had stopped being such an elite organization.
2. Where did Lyama's family work?
(a) On the Far-East Power System.
(b) On the Chinese-Far Eastern Railway.
(c) They were nomadic people.
(d) In the Moscow military supply system.
3. What does Ginzburg notice is lacking where she is now?
(a) Older party members.
(c) Decent food.
4. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
(a) She asks forgiveness from the party.
(b) She confesses to everything of which she is accused.
(c) She criticizes them for their methods.
(d) She absolves her family in her crimes.
5. What is the maximum penalty for the crimes with which Ginzburg is charged?
(a) 10 to 30 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) Life imprisonment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vevers use frequently?
2. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
3. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
4. How does Ginzburg describe Stalin?
5. What happens after a period of regular interrogations?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)