|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 25, Introduction to Butyrki | Part I, Chapter 26, The Whole of the Comintern.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Yefrem?
(a) A man who offers the prisoners some food when the truck is stopped.
(b) One of Ginzburg's former students.
(c) A secret police guard.
(d) A driver of the Black Maria.
2. What eventually stops this first round of the new type of interrogations?
(a) Ginzburg asks to speak to Elvov.
(b) A new prisoner takes their attention away from her.
(c) Ginzburg confesses and signs what they want her to sign.
(d) Ginzburg blacks out.
3. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
(a) Ginzburg's favorite mentor.
(b) One of her former students whoi s the head of the committee.
(c) Her friends who are caught in their own false accusations.
(d) Ginzburg's third cousin who must pronounce the judgement.
4. What happens after a period of regular interrogations?
(a) The interrogations stop.
(b) Ginzburg is physically abused.
(c) Ginzburg is shown her son being interrogated.
(d) Ginzburg is made to stay awake.
5. Who is one person Zinaida Abramova says has been arrested?
(a) Her next-door-neighbor.
(b) The son of her best friend.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Ginzburg attribute her not signing anything that was false?
2. What was Julia Karepova's career before imprisonment?
3. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
4. Who summons Ginzburg?
5. Who is Lyama Shepel?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)