|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 25, Introduction to Butyrki | Part I, Chapter 26, The Whole of the Comintern.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on Red Army Day?
(a) Ginzburg is released to go home.
(b) Ginzburg is flogged.
(c) Ginzburg is tortured.
(d) Ginzburg is taken into a different office and is given the soft approach.
2. What is returned to Ginzburg?
(a) Her watch.
(b) Her papers.
(c) Her money.
(d) Her dentures.
3. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
(a) For not denouncing Elvov.
(b) For failing to denouce Trotsky strenuously enough in a recent lecture.
(c) For missing two meetings in a row when she was ill.
(d) For having a book in her home that was published outside of Russia.
4. What is significant about the date February 15, 1937?
(a) It is Ginzburg's birthday.
(b) It is Ginzburg's wedding anniversary day.
(c) It is the day Ginzburg was imprisoned.
(d) It is Ginzburg's last day to teach.
5. Who is Garey Sagidullin?
(a) An old professor.
(b) A prison guard.
(c) An interrogator.
(d) A janitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
2. What does Livanov ask Ginzburg concerning Elvov?
3. What do Ginzburg, Rimma, Ira and Julia discover?
4. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
5. In what year does Professor Elvov visit Ginzburg?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)