|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 25, Introduction to Butyrki | Part I, Chapter 26, The Whole of the Comintern.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Alyosha?
(a) The judge that sentences Ginzburg.
(b) Ginzburg's brother who disappears.
(c) Ginzburg's oldest son.
(d) Ginzburg's best friend who disappears.
2. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
(a) She shoots herself.
(b) She hangs herself.
(c) She sets herself on fire.
(d) She drinks acid.
3. What does Lydia pray concerning Ginzburg?
(a) Ginzburg will agree to the interrogators' wishes.
(b) Ginzburg will be true to her beliefs.
(c) Ginzburg not commit suicide.
(d) Ginzburg will be vindicated.
4. What is the evidence that many people are being charged?
(a) The prison cells are overcrowded.
(b) Food is scarce.
(c) The sounds of torture are everywhere.
(d) The whole system is running 24 hours per day.
5. Where is Ginzburg put after her initial interrogations?
(a) In a dormitory with other political offenders.
(b) In a cellar.
(c) In a courtyard with tents for shelter.
(d) In a bleak prison with stone walls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who apologizes to Ginzburg?
2. What does Ginzburg observe when she arrives in Moscow?
3. What might happen if Ginzburg makes any stops along the way to present herself for the arrest warrant?
4. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
5. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)