|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 25, Introduction to Butyrki | Part I, Chapter 26, The Whole of the Comintern.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
(a) For missing two meetings in a row when she was ill.
(b) For failing to denouce Trotsky strenuously enough in a recent lecture.
(c) For not denouncing Elvov.
(d) For having a book in her home that was published outside of Russia.
2. Why is Nina in prison?
(a) For failing to denounce someone who denounces Stalin.
(b) Her mother said negative things about Stalin.
(c) Her boyfriend is in a conspiracy group.
(d) Her brother denounced Stalin and Nina does not report him.
3. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
(b) Corrupt and hypocritical.
(c) Honest but flawed.
(d) They are conducted by incompetent judges.
4. What was Julia Karepova's career before imprisonment?
(b) Physics Professor.
5. What does Yaroslavsky do concening Ginzburg?
(a) Trumps up evidence against her.
(b) Hides evidence against her.
(c) Denounces her.
(d) Tries to help her to flee the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Avodotya Aksyonova advise Ginzburg?
2. What is returned to Ginzburg?
3. What form of communications does Ginzburg learn?
4. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
5. Where is Ginzburg sent at the opening of Chapter 19?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)