|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 25, Introduction to Butyrki | Part I, Chapter 26, The Whole of the Comintern.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does this form of interrogation last?
(a) A few hours.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 7 days.
(d) Several weeks.
2. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
(a) She asks forgiveness from the party.
(b) She criticizes them for their methods.
(c) She confesses to everything of which she is accused.
(d) She absolves her family in her crimes.
3. What eventually stops this first round of the new type of interrogations?
(a) Ginzburg confesses and signs what they want her to sign.
(b) Ginzburg blacks out.
(c) Ginzburg asks to speak to Elvov.
(d) A new prisoner takes their attention away from her.
4. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
(a) Ginzbug is reprimanded, but it is later canceled.
(b) Ginzburg must submit a vociferously-worded condemnation of Trotsky.
(c) Ginzburg's status is lowered at the University.
(d) Ginzburg is told she can give no more public lectures for two years.
5. What does Sagidullin think is the reason for the current purge?
(a) To get Stalin's cronies into all the important positions in the government.
(b) To trim the party, which had stopped being such an elite organization.
(c) There does not seem to be a reason for it.
(d) To kill off anyone that might challenge Stalin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
2. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
3. What form of communications does Ginzburg learn?
4. What is Ginzburg told about her husband?
5. Where did Lyama's family work?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)