|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 25, Introduction to Butyrki | Part I, Chapter 26, The Whole of the Comintern.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
(a) By saying that her lecture was not about Trotsky.
(b) By saying that Stalin's deputy of foreign affairs gave her the book.
(c) By saying no one in her area has denounced Elvov either.
(d) By saying she was in the hospital and has a note to prove it.
2. Why is Elvov apologizing to Ginzburg?
(a) He misunderstood one of her articles and cut it from the series.
(b) He is unable to help her identify two anonymous Stalin spies.
(c) Her association with him may be costly to her.
(d) He is inaccurate in a quote from her.
3. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
(a) She sets herself on fire.
(b) She hangs herself.
(c) She shoots herself.
(d) She drinks acid.
4. Where is Ginzburg put after her initial interrogations?
(a) In a courtyard with tents for shelter.
(b) In a bleak prison with stone walls.
(c) In a dormitory with other political offenders.
(d) In a cellar.
5. What news does Ginzburg get one day in a singing message?
(a) Her son is dead.
(b) Her mother has been arrested.
(c) Her mother is dead.
(d) Her husband has been arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ginzburg sent at the opening of Chapter 19?
2. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
3. How does Stalin label sections of the book that Elvov writes?
4. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
5. Where did Lyama's family work?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)