|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 25, Introduction to Butyrki | Part I, Chapter 26, The Whole of the Comintern.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ginzburg call her mother-in-law?
(b) Mrs. Aksyonnova.
2. To what does Ginzburg attribute her not signing anything that was false?
(a) She had a spiritual strength.
(b) She wanted to be a good example for other Party members who are falsely accused.
(c) The more brutal means of interrogations were not yet used.
(d) She wanted to be a good example for her children.
3. What does the lack enable?
(a) A sense of despair that they are killing the older party members.
(b) Scurvy and other diseases.
(c) Cruel treatment by the guards and prisoners.
(d) Prisoners to communicate freely.
4. Who is Lyama Shepel?
(a) One of the interrogators.
(b) Ginzburg's family servant.
(c) Ginzburg's cell mate.
(d) A cook at the prison.
5. What was Julia Karepova's career before imprisonment?
(b) Physics Professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
2. What form of communications does Ginzburg learn?
3. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
4. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
5. In what year does Professor Elvov visit Ginzburg?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)