|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 25, Introduction to Butyrki | Part I, Chapter 26, The Whole of the Comintern.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
(a) Stopping to tell her mother goodbye.
(b) Defending her initial statements.
(c) Fighting the charges.
(d) Publicly saying goodbye to her children.
2. Why is Nina in prison?
(a) Her mother said negative things about Stalin.
(b) Her brother denounced Stalin and Nina does not report him.
(c) Her boyfriend is in a conspiracy group.
(d) For failing to denounce someone who denounces Stalin.
3. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
(a) Denouncing her best friend.
(b) Writing a condemnation of Trotsky.
(d) Forming a group to assassinate Stalin.
4. What does Ginzburg observe when she arrives in Moscow?
(a) Her son is here.
(b) The purges have been massive.
(c) Only the intelligentsia have been targeted.
(d) Her husband is here.
5. Where is Ginzburg put after her initial interrogations?
(a) In a dormitory with other political offenders.
(b) In a courtyard with tents for shelter.
(c) In a cellar.
(d) In a bleak prison with stone walls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lyama's family work?
2. Who is Garey Sagidullin?
3. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
4. How long does the second round of interrogations last?
5. What is the maximum penalty for the crimes with which Ginzburg is charged?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)