|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 25, Introduction to Butyrki | Part I, Chapter 26, The Whole of the Comintern.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lydia pray concerning Ginzburg?
(a) Ginzburg will agree to the interrogators' wishes.
(b) Ginzburg will be true to her beliefs.
(c) Ginzburg will be vindicated.
(d) Ginzburg not commit suicide.
2. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
(a) Gossip is not truth.
(b) Stalin is going to far.
(c) Stalin is mentally unstable.
(d) She is innocent.
3. To what series of books has Elvov contributed an article?
(a) A series on the fall of Czar Nicholas II.
(b) A series on the famous writers of Russia.
(c) A series on the history of the Communist Party.
(d) A series on the famous painters of Russia.
4. What does Lydia tell Ginzburg that God does?
(a) Watches over fatherless children.
(b) Exacts vengeance.
(c) Punishes wicked doers.
(d) Triumphs in the end.
5. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
(a) Ginzburg's favorite mentor.
(b) One of her former students whoi s the head of the committee.
(c) Ginzburg's third cousin who must pronounce the judgement.
(d) Her friends who are caught in their own false accusations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the date February 15, 1937?
2. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
3. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
4. What happens on Red Army Day?
5. What might happen if Ginzburg makes any stops along the way to present herself for the arrest warrant?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)