|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 25, Introduction to Butyrki | Part I, Chapter 26, The Whole of the Comintern.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the maximum penalty for the crimes with which Ginzburg is charged?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 10 to 30 years.
(c) Life imprisonment.
2. What is Ginzburg told about her husband?
(a) He is divorcing her.
(b) He has disowned her.
(c) He has hired a good lawyer.
(d) He has also been arrested.
3. Who summons Ginzburg?
(a) The head of the GGP.
(b) The district committee.
(c) The politburo in Moscow.
(d) The deputy chief of the Moscow Communist party.
4. What is the evidence that many people are being charged?
(a) The sounds of torture are everywhere.
(b) Food is scarce.
(c) The prison cells are overcrowded.
(d) The whole system is running 24 hours per day.
5. Who is Comrade Beylin?
(a) The head of the local GPU.
(b) The new Chariman of the Bureau of Party Political Control.
(c) Stalin's son-in-law and head of the Foreign Propaganda office.
(d) A doctor who gives Ginzburg a slip saying she was ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ginzburg describe Stalin?
2. Who is Captain Vevers?
3. What form of communications does Ginzburg learn?
4. What does Lydia pray concerning Ginzburg?
5. How is Vevers described?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)