|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 25, Introduction to Butyrki | Part I, Chapter 26, The Whole of the Comintern.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ginzburg, Rimma, Ira and Julia discover?
(a) They are bonding over the stress of prison.
(b) They are the only women transferred to Moscow.
(c) They are all unwilling to compromise their beliefs.
(d) They have one thing in common that may have led to their arrests.
2. What does Vevers use frequently?
3. What happens after a period of regular interrogations?
(a) Ginzburg is made to stay awake.
(b) Ginzburg is shown her son being interrogated.
(c) Ginzburg is physically abused.
(d) The interrogations stop.
4. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
(a) By saying she was in the hospital and has a note to prove it.
(b) By saying that Stalin's deputy of foreign affairs gave her the book.
(c) By saying no one in her area has denounced Elvov either.
(d) By saying that her lecture was not about Trotsky.
5. Who is Comrade Beylin?
(a) A doctor who gives Ginzburg a slip saying she was ill.
(b) The head of the local GPU.
(c) Stalin's son-in-law and head of the Foreign Propaganda office.
(d) The new Chariman of the Bureau of Party Political Control.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ginzburg taken?
2. What is the so-called method when Ginzburg is harshly interrogated by uninterrupted interrogation with different interrogators?
3. What was Julia Karepova's career before imprisonment?
4. What might happen if Ginzburg makes any stops along the way to present herself for the arrest warrant?
5. What is significant about the date February 15, 1937?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)