|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 25, Introduction to Butyrki | Part I, Chapter 26, The Whole of the Comintern.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ginzburg sent at the opening of Chapter 19?
(c) Krasin Street Prison.
(d) St. Petersburg.
2. In what year does Professor Elvov visit Ginzburg?
3. To what does Ginzburg attribute her not signing anything that was false?
(a) She had a spiritual strength.
(b) She wanted to be a good example for other Party members who are falsely accused.
(c) She wanted to be a good example for her children.
(d) The more brutal means of interrogations were not yet used.
4. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
(a) She shoots herself.
(b) She sets herself on fire.
(c) She hangs herself.
(d) She drinks acid.
5. What eventually stops this first round of the new type of interrogations?
(a) Ginzburg blacks out.
(b) Ginzburg asks to speak to Elvov.
(c) Ginzburg confesses and signs what they want her to sign.
(d) A new prisoner takes their attention away from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginzburg call her mother-in-law?
2. What is the so-called method when Ginzburg is harshly interrogated by uninterrupted interrogation with different interrogators?
3. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
4. Where did Lyama's family work?
5. For how long does this form of interrogation last?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)