|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 25, Introduction to Butyrki | Part I, Chapter 26, The Whole of the Comintern.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
(b) Inciting riots.
(c) Teaching heresy.
(d) Collaborating with the enemy.
2. What does Natasha reveal about the Gestapo?
(a) They are actually more humane than the Communists.
(b) They have the same forms of torture as the Communists.
(c) She worked for the Gestapo before coming to this prison.
(d) They are in league with Stalin's secret police.
3. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
(a) She criticizes them for their methods.
(b) She absolves her family in her crimes.
(c) She confesses to everything of which she is accused.
(d) She asks forgiveness from the party.
4. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
(b) Corrupt and hypocritical.
(c) They are conducted by incompetent judges.
(d) Honest but flawed.
5. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
(a) In the Gulag.
(c) In the same cellar as Ginzburg.
(d) At his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
2. What incenses Ginzburg about how her answers are recorded?
3. What is significant about the date February 15, 1937?
4. Where is Ginzburg put after her initial interrogations?
5. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)