|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 21, Orphans Twice Over | Part I, Chapter 22, Tukhachevsky and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
(a) In the same cellar as Ginzburg.
(b) In the Gulag.
(c) At his home.
2. For how long does this form of interrogation last?
(a) 7 days.
(b) A few hours.
(c) Several weeks.
(d) 3 days.
3. Why is Ginsburg sad on September 1, 1935?
(a) She is no longer allowed to teach and it's the first day of school.
(b) It is the anniversary of when her young daughter had died.
(c) It is the anniversary of when she first started teaching.
(d) It is the anniversary of when her young son had died.
4. What might happen if Ginzburg makes any stops along the way to present herself for the arrest warrant?
(a) She might be shot.
(b) Her mother might become hysterical.
(c) She might get an even harsher sentence.
(d) She could make things even more difficult for herself or loved ones.
5. To what does Ginzburg attribute her not signing anything that was false?
(a) She had a spiritual strength.
(b) She wanted to be a good example for other Party members who are falsely accused.
(c) She wanted to be a good example for her children.
(d) The more brutal means of interrogations were not yet used.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ginzburg told about her husband?
2. What does Livanov ask Ginzburg concerning Elvov?
3. How does Ginzburg describe Stalin?
4. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
5. What does the lack enable?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)