|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 21, Orphans Twice Over | Part I, Chapter 22, Tukhachevsky and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ginsburg sad on September 1, 1935?
(a) It is the anniversary of when she first started teaching.
(b) It is the anniversary of when her young daughter had died.
(c) It is the anniversary of when her young son had died.
(d) She is no longer allowed to teach and it's the first day of school.
2. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
(a) At his home.
(b) In the same cellar as Ginzburg.
(d) In the Gulag.
3. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
(b) Corrupt and hypocritical.
(c) Honest but flawed.
(d) They are conducted by incompetent judges.
4. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
(a) Stalin is going to far.
(b) She is innocent.
(c) Gossip is not truth.
(d) Stalin is mentally unstable.
5. What is significant about the date February 15, 1937?
(a) It is Ginzburg's birthday.
(b) It is Ginzburg's last day to teach.
(c) It is the day Ginzburg was imprisoned.
(d) It is Ginzburg's wedding anniversary day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ginzburg describe Stalin?
2. How is Vevers described?
3. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
4. What does Ginzburg call her mother-in-law?
5. What does the lack enable?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)