|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 21, Orphans Twice Over | Part I, Chapter 22, Tukhachevsky and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is one person Zinaida Abramova says has been arrested?
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her next-door-neighbor.
(d) The son of her best friend.
2. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
(a) She asks forgiveness from the party.
(b) She criticizes them for their methods.
(c) She absolves her family in her crimes.
(d) She confesses to everything of which she is accused.
3. What happens on Red Army Day?
(a) Ginzburg is tortured.
(b) Ginzburg is released to go home.
(c) Ginzburg is flogged.
(d) Ginzburg is taken into a different office and is given the soft approach.
4. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
(a) Tries to kill herself.
(b) Denounces Yaroslavsky.
(c) Curses Stalin.
(d) Denounces her husband.
5. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
(a) She hangs herself.
(b) She sets herself on fire.
(c) She shoots herself.
(d) She drinks acid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ginzburg sent home?
2. What eventually happens to Sagidullin?
3. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
4. What does the lack enable?
5. To what series of books has Elvov contributed an article?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)