|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 21, Orphans Twice Over | Part I, Chapter 22, Tukhachevsky and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
(a) Ginzburg must submit a vociferously-worded condemnation of Trotsky.
(b) Ginzburg's status is lowered at the University.
(c) Ginzbug is reprimanded, but it is later canceled.
(d) Ginzburg is told she can give no more public lectures for two years.
2. How long does the second round of interrogations last?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 5 days.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Six weeks.
3. To what series of books has Elvov contributed an article?
(a) A series on the fall of Czar Nicholas II.
(b) A series on the famous painters of Russia.
(c) A series on the famous writers of Russia.
(d) A series on the history of the Communist Party.
4. Where did Lyama's family work?
(a) On the Chinese-Far Eastern Railway.
(b) On the Far-East Power System.
(c) They were nomadic people.
(d) In the Moscow military supply system.
5. What does Avodotya Aksyonova advise Ginzburg?
(a) To ask her husband to denounce her.
(b) To go far away.
(c) To ask her friends to give her their endorsements.
(d) To humble herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
2. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
3. Why is Nina in prison?
4. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
5. What happens on Red Army Day?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)