|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 21, Orphans Twice Over | Part I, Chapter 22, Tukhachevsky and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
(a) He has killed himself.
(b) He has confessed against Ginzburg.
(c) He has said Ginzburg contacted him about killing another party member.
(d) He has confessed to participating in a plot against Stalin.
2. How long after her hearing is Ginzburg arrested?
(a) Eight days.
(b) One day.
(c) Several months.
(d) Three weeks.
3. To what series of books has Elvov contributed an article?
(a) A series on the famous painters of Russia.
(b) A series on the famous writers of Russia.
(c) A series on the history of the Communist Party.
(d) A series on the fall of Czar Nicholas II.
4. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
(a) He beat her all the time.
(b) He was embezzling.
(c) He was going to make up lies about her involvement with Elvov.
(d) She loves the Party more than she loves him.
5. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
(a) She asks forgiveness from the party.
(b) She criticizes them for their methods.
(c) She confesses to everything of which she is accused.
(d) She absolves her family in her crimes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Nina in prison?
2. What news does Ginzburg get one day in a singing message?
3. To what does Ginzburg attribute her not signing anything that was false?
4. In what year does Professor Elvov visit Ginzburg?
5. Who is Captain Vevers?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)