|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 21, Orphans Twice Over | Part I, Chapter 22, Tukhachevsky and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the second round of interrogations last?
(a) 1 day.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Three hours.
(d) 5 days.
2. How is Vevers described?
(a) Cold and calculating.
3. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
(a) Curses Stalin.
(b) Denounces Yaroslavsky.
(c) Denounces her husband.
(d) Tries to kill herself.
4. Who is Captain Vevers?
(a) The man who tries to be kind to Ginzburg in prison.
(b) The man who interrogates Ginzburg.
(c) The head of the secret police in Moscow.
(d) The man who forces the interrogator to be humane when questioning Ginzburg.
5. Who is Zinaida Abramova?
(a) A torturer.
(b) An old friend of Ginzburg's.
(c) A person placed in the prison as a spy.
(d) The wife of the prime minister of Tartary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summons Ginzburg?
2. What does Ginzburg call her mother-in-law?
3. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
4. Where is Ginzburg sent at the opening of Chapter 19?
5. Who is Comrade Beylin?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)