|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 21, Orphans Twice Over | Part I, Chapter 22, Tukhachevsky and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ginzburg call her mother-in-law?
(d) Mrs. Aksyonnova.
2. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
(a) By saying no one in her area has denounced Elvov either.
(b) By saying that Stalin's deputy of foreign affairs gave her the book.
(c) By saying she was in the hospital and has a note to prove it.
(d) By saying that her lecture was not about Trotsky.
3. What is significant about the date February 15, 1937?
(a) It is Ginzburg's birthday.
(b) It is the day Ginzburg was imprisoned.
(c) It is Ginzburg's last day to teach.
(d) It is Ginzburg's wedding anniversary day.
4. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
(a) Curses Stalin.
(b) Denounces Yaroslavsky.
(c) Tries to kill herself.
(d) Denounces her husband.
5. Who is Garey Sagidullin?
(a) An interrogator.
(b) A prison guard.
(c) An old professor.
(d) A janitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
2. What is Ginzburg told about her husband?
3. Who is Comrade Beylin?
4. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
5. Where is Ginzburg put after her initial interrogations?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)