|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 21, Orphans Twice Over | Part I, Chapter 22, Tukhachevsky and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ginzburg's watch inaccurate?
(a) The dampness of the prison has rusted it.
(b) Its battery is run down.
(c) It has not been wound since she entered prison.
(d) She forgot to wind it sometimes in prison and only guessed at the time when resetting it.
2. How does Stalin label sections of the book that Elvov writes?
(c) Very accurate.
(d) Full of errors.
3. What does Ginzburg call her mother-in-law?
(d) Mrs. Aksyonnova.
4. Who is Zinaida Abramova?
(a) The wife of the prime minister of Tartary.
(b) A person placed in the prison as a spy.
(c) An old friend of Ginzburg's.
(d) A torturer.
5. What does Yaroslavsky do concening Ginzburg?
(a) Tries to help her to flee the country.
(b) Denounces her.
(c) Trumps up evidence against her.
(d) Hides evidence against her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
2. Who is Alyosha?
3. What form of communications does Ginzburg learn?
4. What news does Ginzburg get one day in a singing message?
5. To what series of books has Elvov contributed an article?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)