|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 21, Orphans Twice Over | Part I, Chapter 22, Tukhachevsky and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after a period of regular interrogations?
(a) Ginzburg is shown her son being interrogated.
(b) Ginzburg is physically abused.
(c) Ginzburg is made to stay awake.
(d) The interrogations stop.
2. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
(a) Ginzburg is told she can give no more public lectures for two years.
(b) Ginzbug is reprimanded, but it is later canceled.
(c) Ginzburg must submit a vociferously-worded condemnation of Trotsky.
(d) Ginzburg's status is lowered at the University.
3. What happens on Red Army Day?
(a) Ginzburg is released to go home.
(b) Ginzburg is taken into a different office and is given the soft approach.
(c) Ginzburg is tortured.
(d) Ginzburg is flogged.
4. Where is Ginzburg put after her initial interrogations?
(a) In a bleak prison with stone walls.
(b) In a dormitory with other political offenders.
(c) In a courtyard with tents for shelter.
(d) In a cellar.
5. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
(b) Denouncing her best friend.
(c) Writing a condemnation of Trotsky.
(d) Forming a group to assassinate Stalin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sagidullin think is the reason for the current purge?
2. Who apologizes to Ginzburg?
3. How long after her hearing is Ginzburg arrested?
4. What is significant about the date February 15, 1937?
5. Who is Comrade Beylin?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)