|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 21, Orphans Twice Over | Part I, Chapter 22, Tukhachevsky and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Ginzburg get one day in a singing message?
(a) Her husband has been arrested.
(b) Her mother is dead.
(c) Her mother has been arrested.
(d) Her son is dead.
2. Why is Nina in prison?
(a) Her boyfriend is in a conspiracy group.
(b) Her mother said negative things about Stalin.
(c) For failing to denounce someone who denounces Stalin.
(d) Her brother denounced Stalin and Nina does not report him.
3. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
(a) Writing a condemnation of Trotsky.
(b) Denouncing her best friend.
(d) Forming a group to assassinate Stalin.
4. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
(a) He has said Ginzburg contacted him about killing another party member.
(b) He has killed himself.
(c) He has confessed to participating in a plot against Stalin.
(d) He has confessed against Ginzburg.
5. Who is one person Zinaida Abramova says has been arrested?
(b) Her next-door-neighbor.
(c) The son of her best friend.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
2. What does Lydia tell Ginzburg that God does?
3. Who is Lyama Shepel?
4. What does Ginzburg call her mother-in-law?
5. Why is Ginzburg sent home?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)