|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 21, Orphans Twice Over | Part I, Chapter 22, Tukhachevsky and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Alyosha?
(a) Ginzburg's oldest son.
(b) Ginzburg's best friend who disappears.
(c) The judge that sentences Ginzburg.
(d) Ginzburg's brother who disappears.
2. How old is Elvov when he visits Ginzburg?
3. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
(a) They are not active in politics.
(b) They are loyal party members.
(c) They teach in very remote areas.
(d) They have been given medals from Stalin.
4. Where did Lyama's family work?
(a) On the Far-East Power System.
(b) On the Chinese-Far Eastern Railway.
(c) In the Moscow military supply system.
(d) They were nomadic people.
5. What does Sagidullin think is the reason for the current purge?
(a) To kill off anyone that might challenge Stalin.
(b) To get Stalin's cronies into all the important positions in the government.
(c) To trim the party, which had stopped being such an elite organization.
(d) There does not seem to be a reason for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
2. What does Ginzburg notice is lacking where she is now?
3. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
4. How long after her hearing is Ginzburg arrested?
5. What incenses Ginzburg about how her answers are recorded?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)