|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 21, Orphans Twice Over | Part I, Chapter 22, Tukhachevsky and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Livanov ask Ginzburg concerning Elvov?
(a) Why Ginzburg wrote several letters to Elvov supporting his ideas.
(b) If Elvov ever passed secret documents to Ginzburg.
(c) How Ginzburg knew Elvov.
(d) Whether Elvov and Ginzburg were having an affair.
2. Who is Yefrem?
(a) A secret police guard.
(b) A man who offers the prisoners some food when the truck is stopped.
(c) One of Ginzburg's former students.
(d) A driver of the Black Maria.
3. Who summons Ginzburg?
(a) The deputy chief of the Moscow Communist party.
(b) The district committee.
(c) The politburo in Moscow.
(d) The head of the GGP.
4. Who is Comrade Beylin?
(a) The head of the local GPU.
(b) Stalin's son-in-law and head of the Foreign Propaganda office.
(c) A doctor who gives Ginzburg a slip saying she was ill.
(d) The new Chariman of the Bureau of Party Political Control.
5. How old is Elvov when he visits Ginzburg?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who apologizes to Ginzburg?
2. In what year does Professor Elvov visit Ginzburg?
3. What eventually happens to Sagidullin?
4. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
5. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)