|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 21, Orphans Twice Over | Part I, Chapter 22, Tukhachevsky and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ginzburg notice is lacking where she is now?
(a) Decent food.
(c) Older party members.
2. What does the lack enable?
(a) Scurvy and other diseases.
(b) Prisoners to communicate freely.
(c) Cruel treatment by the guards and prisoners.
(d) A sense of despair that they are killing the older party members.
3. Who is Alyosha?
(a) Ginzburg's oldest son.
(b) The judge that sentences Ginzburg.
(c) Ginzburg's brother who disappears.
(d) Ginzburg's best friend who disappears.
4. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
(a) They are conducted by incompetent judges.
(b) Honest but flawed.
(d) Corrupt and hypocritical.
5. What incenses Ginzburg about how her answers are recorded?
(a) They are skewed to fit the judgment the interrogator is trying to justify.
(b) They are recorded inacurrately.
(c) They show her as much closer to Elvov than she is.
(d) They put her family in a collaborative position.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Professor Elvov visit Ginzburg?
2. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
3. What happens on Red Army Day?
4. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
5. Why is Ginzburg's watch inaccurate?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)