|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 21, Orphans Twice Over | Part I, Chapter 22, Tukhachevsky and Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
(a) Stalin is going to far.
(b) Stalin is mentally unstable.
(c) She is innocent.
(d) Gossip is not truth.
2. Where is Ginzburg sent at the opening of Chapter 19?
(a) St. Petersburg.
(d) Krasin Street Prison.
3. Where is Ginzburg put after her initial interrogations?
(a) In a bleak prison with stone walls.
(b) In a dormitory with other political offenders.
(c) In a courtyard with tents for shelter.
(d) In a cellar.
4. What eventually stops this first round of the new type of interrogations?
(a) Ginzburg asks to speak to Elvov.
(b) Ginzburg confesses and signs what they want her to sign.
(c) Ginzburg blacks out.
(d) A new prisoner takes their attention away from her.
5. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
(a) One of her former students whoi s the head of the committee.
(b) Ginzburg's favorite mentor.
(c) Ginzburg's third cousin who must pronounce the judgement.
(d) Her friends who are caught in their own false accusations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
2. What eventually happens to Sagidullin?
3. Where did Lyama's family work?
4. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
5. Who is Alyosha?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)