|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 13, The Investigators Have Conclusive Evidence | Part I, Chapter 14, Stick and Carrot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lyama Shepel?
(a) A cook at the prison.
(b) Ginzburg's family servant.
(c) Ginzburg's cell mate.
(d) One of the interrogators.
2. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
(a) In the same cellar as Ginzburg.
(b) At his home.
(c) In the Gulag.
3. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
(a) He beat her all the time.
(b) He was embezzling.
(c) He was going to make up lies about her involvement with Elvov.
(d) She loves the Party more than she loves him.
4. What might happen if Ginzburg makes any stops along the way to present herself for the arrest warrant?
(a) Her mother might become hysterical.
(b) She could make things even more difficult for herself or loved ones.
(c) She might be shot.
(d) She might get an even harsher sentence.
5. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
(a) Curses Stalin.
(b) Denounces Yaroslavsky.
(c) Tries to kill herself.
(d) Denounces her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Comrade Beylin?
2. How is Vevers described?
3. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
4. Why is Elvov apologizing to Ginzburg?
5. What happens on Red Army Day?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)