|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 13, The Investigators Have Conclusive Evidence | Part I, Chapter 14, Stick and Carrot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
(b) Inciting riots.
(c) Collaborating with the enemy.
(d) Teaching heresy.
2. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
(a) She is to go work on a communal farm and teach there.
(b) She is to be executed.
(c) She is expelled from the Communist Party.
(d) She is exonerated of all but three minor charges.
3. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
(a) Ginzburg's third cousin who must pronounce the judgement.
(b) One of her former students whoi s the head of the committee.
(c) Ginzburg's favorite mentor.
(d) Her friends who are caught in their own false accusations.
4. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
(a) She absolves her family in her crimes.
(b) She asks forgiveness from the party.
(c) She criticizes them for their methods.
(d) She confesses to everything of which she is accused.
5. Where is Ginzburg put after her initial interrogations?
(a) In a dormitory with other political offenders.
(b) In a bleak prison with stone walls.
(c) In a courtyard with tents for shelter.
(d) In a cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after her hearing is Ginzburg arrested?
2. Where did Lyama's family work?
3. What does Avodotya Aksyonova advise Ginzburg?
4. To what series of books has Elvov contributed an article?
5. How is Vevers described?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)