|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 13, The Investigators Have Conclusive Evidence | Part I, Chapter 14, Stick and Carrot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on Red Army Day?
(a) Ginzburg is flogged.
(b) Ginzburg is taken into a different office and is given the soft approach.
(c) Ginzburg is released to go home.
(d) Ginzburg is tortured.
2. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
(a) She absolves her family in her crimes.
(b) She criticizes them for their methods.
(c) She asks forgiveness from the party.
(d) She confesses to everything of which she is accused.
3. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
(a) She is innocent.
(b) Gossip is not truth.
(c) Stalin is going to far.
(d) Stalin is mentally unstable.
4. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
(a) Denounces Yaroslavsky.
(b) Curses Stalin.
(c) Tries to kill herself.
(d) Denounces her husband.
5. What incenses Ginzburg about how her answers are recorded?
(a) They show her as much closer to Elvov than she is.
(b) They put her family in a collaborative position.
(c) They are skewed to fit the judgment the interrogator is trying to justify.
(d) They are recorded inacurrately.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ginsburg sad on September 1, 1935?
2. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
3. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
4. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
5. How does Ginzburg describe Stalin?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)