|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 13, The Investigators Have Conclusive Evidence | Part I, Chapter 14, Stick and Carrot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Elvov apologizing to Ginzburg?
(a) Her association with him may be costly to her.
(b) He is unable to help her identify two anonymous Stalin spies.
(c) He misunderstood one of her articles and cut it from the series.
(d) He is inaccurate in a quote from her.
2. Who is Comrade Beylin?
(a) A doctor who gives Ginzburg a slip saying she was ill.
(b) The new Chariman of the Bureau of Party Political Control.
(c) Stalin's son-in-law and head of the Foreign Propaganda office.
(d) The head of the local GPU.
3. How does Stalin label sections of the book that Elvov writes?
(a) Full of errors.
(b) Very accurate.
4. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
(a) She confesses to everything of which she is accused.
(b) She asks forgiveness from the party.
(c) She absolves her family in her crimes.
(d) She criticizes them for their methods.
5. What does Avodotya Aksyonova advise Ginzburg?
(a) To humble herself.
(b) To ask her friends to give her their endorsements.
(c) To ask her husband to denounce her.
(d) To go far away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on Red Army Day?
2. How does Ginzburg describe Stalin?
3. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
4. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
5. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)