|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 13, The Investigators Have Conclusive Evidence | Part I, Chapter 14, Stick and Carrot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lyama's family work?
(a) On the Far-East Power System.
(b) They were nomadic people.
(c) In the Moscow military supply system.
(d) On the Chinese-Far Eastern Railway.
2. To what series of books has Elvov contributed an article?
(a) A series on the famous painters of Russia.
(b) A series on the fall of Czar Nicholas II.
(c) A series on the history of the Communist Party.
(d) A series on the famous writers of Russia.
3. What might happen if Ginzburg makes any stops along the way to present herself for the arrest warrant?
(a) She could make things even more difficult for herself or loved ones.
(b) She might get an even harsher sentence.
(c) Her mother might become hysterical.
(d) She might be shot.
4. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
(b) Corrupt and hypocritical.
(c) They are conducted by incompetent judges.
(d) Honest but flawed.
5. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
(a) By saying she was in the hospital and has a note to prove it.
(b) By saying that Stalin's deputy of foreign affairs gave her the book.
(c) By saying no one in her area has denounced Elvov either.
(d) By saying that her lecture was not about Trotsky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
2. Who is Comrade Beylin?
3. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
4. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
5. How does Ginzburg describe Stalin?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)