|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 13, The Investigators Have Conclusive Evidence | Part I, Chapter 14, Stick and Carrot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
(a) Stalin is mentally unstable.
(b) She is innocent.
(c) Stalin is going to far.
(d) Gossip is not truth.
2. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
(a) Ginzburg must submit a vociferously-worded condemnation of Trotsky.
(b) Ginzburg's status is lowered at the University.
(c) Ginzbug is reprimanded, but it is later canceled.
(d) Ginzburg is told she can give no more public lectures for two years.
3. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
(a) He was going to make up lies about her involvement with Elvov.
(b) He beat her all the time.
(c) He was embezzling.
(d) She loves the Party more than she loves him.
4. Who is Lyama Shepel?
(a) One of the interrogators.
(b) Ginzburg's family servant.
(c) A cook at the prison.
(d) Ginzburg's cell mate.
5. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
(a) Forming a group to assassinate Stalin.
(b) Writing a condemnation of Trotsky.
(d) Denouncing her best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lyama's family work?
2. To what series of books has Elvov contributed an article?
3. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
4. What does Livanov ask Ginzburg concerning Elvov?
5. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)