|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 13, The Investigators Have Conclusive Evidence | Part I, Chapter 14, Stick and Carrot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Elvov apologizing to Ginzburg?
(a) He is unable to help her identify two anonymous Stalin spies.
(b) He is inaccurate in a quote from her.
(c) Her association with him may be costly to her.
(d) He misunderstood one of her articles and cut it from the series.
2. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
(a) She is to be executed.
(b) She is expelled from the Communist Party.
(c) She is to go work on a communal farm and teach there.
(d) She is exonerated of all but three minor charges.
3. What might happen if Ginzburg makes any stops along the way to present herself for the arrest warrant?
(a) She might get an even harsher sentence.
(b) She could make things even more difficult for herself or loved ones.
(c) She might be shot.
(d) Her mother might become hysterical.
4. To what series of books has Elvov contributed an article?
(a) A series on the fall of Czar Nicholas II.
(b) A series on the famous painters of Russia.
(c) A series on the famous writers of Russia.
(d) A series on the history of the Communist Party.
5. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
(a) For failing to denouce Trotsky strenuously enough in a recent lecture.
(b) For not denouncing Elvov.
(c) For having a book in her home that was published outside of Russia.
(d) For missing two meetings in a row when she was ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yaroslavsky do concening Ginzburg?
2. How old is Elvov when he visits Ginzburg?
3. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
4. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
5. Who is Captain Vevers?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)