|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 13, The Investigators Have Conclusive Evidence | Part I, Chapter 14, Stick and Carrot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
(a) Fighting the charges.
(b) Publicly saying goodbye to her children.
(c) Stopping to tell her mother goodbye.
(d) Defending her initial statements.
2. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
(a) Her friends who are caught in their own false accusations.
(b) Ginzburg's third cousin who must pronounce the judgement.
(c) One of her former students whoi s the head of the committee.
(d) Ginzburg's favorite mentor.
3. Who is Lyama Shepel?
(a) Ginzburg's family servant.
(b) Ginzburg's cell mate.
(c) One of the interrogators.
(d) A cook at the prison.
4. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
(a) They teach in very remote areas.
(b) They are loyal party members.
(c) They are not active in politics.
(d) They have been given medals from Stalin.
5. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
(b) In the Gulag.
(c) At his home.
(d) In the same cellar as Ginzburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ginzburg describe Stalin?
2. Where is Ginzburg put after her initial interrogations?
3. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
4. Why is Ginsburg sad on September 1, 1935?
5. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)