|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 13, The Investigators Have Conclusive Evidence | Part I, Chapter 14, Stick and Carrot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
(a) By saying she was in the hospital and has a note to prove it.
(b) By saying that her lecture was not about Trotsky.
(c) By saying no one in her area has denounced Elvov either.
(d) By saying that Stalin's deputy of foreign affairs gave her the book.
2. What does Livanov ask Ginzburg concerning Elvov?
(a) Whether Elvov and Ginzburg were having an affair.
(b) How Ginzburg knew Elvov.
(c) If Elvov ever passed secret documents to Ginzburg.
(d) Why Ginzburg wrote several letters to Elvov supporting his ideas.
3. Where is Ginzburg put after her initial interrogations?
(a) In a cellar.
(b) In a courtyard with tents for shelter.
(c) In a dormitory with other political offenders.
(d) In a bleak prison with stone walls.
4. What incenses Ginzburg about how her answers are recorded?
(a) They are skewed to fit the judgment the interrogator is trying to justify.
(b) They put her family in a collaborative position.
(c) They are recorded inacurrately.
(d) They show her as much closer to Elvov than she is.
5. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
(a) Inciting riots.
(b) Teaching heresy.
(d) Collaborating with the enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
2. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
3. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
4. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
5. Why is Elvov apologizing to Ginzburg?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)