|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 13, The Investigators Have Conclusive Evidence | Part I, Chapter 14, Stick and Carrot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
(a) They are conducted by incompetent judges.
(b) Honest but flawed.
(d) Corrupt and hypocritical.
2. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
(a) By saying she was in the hospital and has a note to prove it.
(b) By saying that Stalin's deputy of foreign affairs gave her the book.
(c) By saying no one in her area has denounced Elvov either.
(d) By saying that her lecture was not about Trotsky.
3. What does Livanov ask Ginzburg concerning Elvov?
(a) How Ginzburg knew Elvov.
(b) Why Ginzburg wrote several letters to Elvov supporting his ideas.
(c) Whether Elvov and Ginzburg were having an affair.
(d) If Elvov ever passed secret documents to Ginzburg.
4. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
(b) Teaching heresy.
(c) Inciting riots.
(d) Collaborating with the enemy.
5. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
(a) She absolves her family in her crimes.
(b) She confesses to everything of which she is accused.
(c) She criticizes them for their methods.
(d) She asks forgiveness from the party.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after her hearing is Ginzburg arrested?
2. What does Avodotya Aksyonova advise Ginzburg?
3. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
4. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
5. What incenses Ginzburg about how her answers are recorded?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)