|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 13, The Investigators Have Conclusive Evidence | Part I, Chapter 14, Stick and Carrot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
(a) For failing to denouce Trotsky strenuously enough in a recent lecture.
(b) For missing two meetings in a row when she was ill.
(c) For not denouncing Elvov.
(d) For having a book in her home that was published outside of Russia.
2. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
(a) Stalin is mentally unstable.
(b) Gossip is not truth.
(c) Stalin is going to far.
(d) She is innocent.
3. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
(a) Ginzburg's favorite mentor.
(b) Ginzburg's third cousin who must pronounce the judgement.
(c) Her friends who are caught in their own false accusations.
(d) One of her former students whoi s the head of the committee.
4. What incenses Ginzburg about how her answers are recorded?
(a) They are skewed to fit the judgment the interrogator is trying to justify.
(b) They show her as much closer to Elvov than she is.
(c) They put her family in a collaborative position.
(d) They are recorded inacurrately.
5. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
(a) She loves the Party more than she loves him.
(b) He beat her all the time.
(c) He was embezzling.
(d) He was going to make up lies about her involvement with Elvov.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginzburg call her mother-in-law?
2. Why is Ginsburg sad on September 1, 1935?
3. Who summons Ginzburg?
4. How does Stalin label sections of the book that Elvov writes?
5. How is Vevers described?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)