|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 13, The Investigators Have Conclusive Evidence | Part I, Chapter 14, Stick and Carrot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Vevers described?
(c) Cold and calculating.
2. Who summons Ginzburg?
(a) The district committee.
(b) The head of the GGP.
(c) The deputy chief of the Moscow Communist party.
(d) The politburo in Moscow.
3. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
(a) Corrupt and hypocritical.
(b) They are conducted by incompetent judges.
(d) Honest but flawed.
4. Who is Captain Vevers?
(a) The man who tries to be kind to Ginzburg in prison.
(b) The man who interrogates Ginzburg.
(c) The head of the secret police in Moscow.
(d) The man who forces the interrogator to be humane when questioning Ginzburg.
5. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
(a) Inciting riots.
(b) Collaborating with the enemy.
(c) Teaching heresy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lyama Shepel?
2. In what year does Professor Elvov visit Ginzburg?
3. What does Livanov ask Ginzburg concerning Elvov?
4. Where is Ginzburg put after her initial interrogations?
5. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)