|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 13, The Investigators Have Conclusive Evidence | Part I, Chapter 14, Stick and Carrot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incenses Ginzburg about how her answers are recorded?
(a) They are skewed to fit the judgment the interrogator is trying to justify.
(b) They are recorded inacurrately.
(c) They put her family in a collaborative position.
(d) They show her as much closer to Elvov than she is.
2. Who is Captain Vevers?
(a) The man who tries to be kind to Ginzburg in prison.
(b) The head of the secret police in Moscow.
(c) The man who interrogates Ginzburg.
(d) The man who forces the interrogator to be humane when questioning Ginzburg.
3. To what series of books has Elvov contributed an article?
(a) A series on the fall of Czar Nicholas II.
(b) A series on the famous writers of Russia.
(c) A series on the famous painters of Russia.
(d) A series on the history of the Communist Party.
4. How does Stalin label sections of the book that Elvov writes?
(c) Full of errors.
(d) Very accurate.
5. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
(a) She is expelled from the Communist Party.
(b) She is to go work on a communal farm and teach there.
(c) She is to be executed.
(d) She is exonerated of all but three minor charges.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
2. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
3. What is Ginzburg told about her husband?
4. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
5. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)