|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 13, The Investigators Have Conclusive Evidence | Part I, Chapter 14, Stick and Carrot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
(a) In the Gulag.
(b) At his home.
(d) In the same cellar as Ginzburg.
2. Who is Lyama Shepel?
(a) Ginzburg's cell mate.
(b) A cook at the prison.
(c) Ginzburg's family servant.
(d) One of the interrogators.
3. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
(a) He was embezzling.
(b) He beat her all the time.
(c) She loves the Party more than she loves him.
(d) He was going to make up lies about her involvement with Elvov.
4. Why is Ginsburg sad on September 1, 1935?
(a) It is the anniversary of when her young son had died.
(b) It is the anniversary of when she first started teaching.
(c) She is no longer allowed to teach and it's the first day of school.
(d) It is the anniversary of when her young daughter had died.
5. Who is Captain Vevers?
(a) The man who tries to be kind to Ginzburg in prison.
(b) The man who forces the interrogator to be humane when questioning Ginzburg.
(c) The man who interrogates Ginzburg.
(d) The head of the secret police in Moscow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yaroslavsky do concening Ginzburg?
2. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
3. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
4. Why is Ginzburg sent home?
5. What does Ginzburg call her mother-in-law?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)