|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 13, The Investigators Have Conclusive Evidence | Part I, Chapter 14, Stick and Carrot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lyama's family work?
(a) They were nomadic people.
(b) On the Far-East Power System.
(c) In the Moscow military supply system.
(d) On the Chinese-Far Eastern Railway.
2. How old is Elvov when he visits Ginzburg?
3. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
(a) Fighting the charges.
(b) Defending her initial statements.
(c) Publicly saying goodbye to her children.
(d) Stopping to tell her mother goodbye.
4. What might happen if Ginzburg makes any stops along the way to present herself for the arrest warrant?
(a) She could make things even more difficult for herself or loved ones.
(b) Her mother might become hysterical.
(c) She might be shot.
(d) She might get an even harsher sentence.
5. Who is Captain Vevers?
(a) The man who forces the interrogator to be humane when questioning Ginzburg.
(b) The man who interrogates Ginzburg.
(c) The man who tries to be kind to Ginzburg in prison.
(d) The head of the secret police in Moscow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Comrade Beylin?
2. What is Ginzburg told about her husband?
3. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
4. To what series of books has Elvov contributed an article?
5. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)