|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 13, The Investigators Have Conclusive Evidence | Part I, Chapter 14, Stick and Carrot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
(a) Fighting the charges.
(b) Defending her initial statements.
(c) Stopping to tell her mother goodbye.
(d) Publicly saying goodbye to her children.
2. Who is Captain Vevers?
(a) The man who forces the interrogator to be humane when questioning Ginzburg.
(b) The man who tries to be kind to Ginzburg in prison.
(c) The man who interrogates Ginzburg.
(d) The head of the secret police in Moscow.
3. Why is Ginzburg sent home?
(a) To settle her personal affairs.
(b) The charges against her were dropped.
(c) The charges were held in abeyance.
(d) To await her sentence.
4. To what series of books has Elvov contributed an article?
(a) A series on the fall of Czar Nicholas II.
(b) A series on the famous painters of Russia.
(c) A series on the famous writers of Russia.
(d) A series on the history of the Communist Party.
5. Who summons Ginzburg?
(a) The district committee.
(b) The head of the GGP.
(c) The politburo in Moscow.
(d) The deputy chief of the Moscow Communist party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
2. What happens on Red Army Day?
3. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
4. In what year does Professor Elvov visit Ginzburg?
5. What is Ginzburg told about her husband?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)