|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 13, The Investigators Have Conclusive Evidence | Part I, Chapter 14, Stick and Carrot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Livanov ask Ginzburg concerning Elvov?
(a) How Ginzburg knew Elvov.
(b) Why Ginzburg wrote several letters to Elvov supporting his ideas.
(c) If Elvov ever passed secret documents to Ginzburg.
(d) Whether Elvov and Ginzburg were having an affair.
2. How long after her hearing is Ginzburg arrested?
(a) Eight days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Several months.
(d) One day.
3. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
(a) They teach in very remote areas.
(b) They have been given medals from Stalin.
(c) They are loyal party members.
(d) They are not active in politics.
4. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
(a) By saying no one in her area has denounced Elvov either.
(b) By saying that her lecture was not about Trotsky.
(c) By saying that Stalin's deputy of foreign affairs gave her the book.
(d) By saying she was in the hospital and has a note to prove it.
5. Why is Ginsburg sad on September 1, 1935?
(a) It is the anniversary of when her young daughter had died.
(b) It is the anniversary of when she first started teaching.
(c) She is no longer allowed to teach and it's the first day of school.
(d) It is the anniversary of when her young son had died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
2. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
3. How does Stalin label sections of the book that Elvov writes?
4. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
5. What does Ginzburg call her mother-in-law?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)