|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 13, The Investigators Have Conclusive Evidence | Part I, Chapter 14, Stick and Carrot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
(a) They are conducted by incompetent judges.
(b) Honest but flawed.
(d) Corrupt and hypocritical.
2. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
(a) Stalin is mentally unstable.
(b) She is innocent.
(c) Stalin is going to far.
(d) Gossip is not truth.
3. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
(a) Collaborating with the enemy.
(b) Teaching heresy.
(d) Inciting riots.
4. How does Stalin label sections of the book that Elvov writes?
(a) Very accurate.
(d) Full of errors.
5. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
(a) Ginzbug is reprimanded, but it is later canceled.
(b) Ginzburg's status is lowered at the University.
(c) Ginzburg is told she can give no more public lectures for two years.
(d) Ginzburg must submit a vociferously-worded condemnation of Trotsky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
2. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
3. Who is Comrade Beylin?
4. How does Ginzburg describe Stalin?
5. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)