|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 13, The Investigators Have Conclusive Evidence | Part I, Chapter 14, Stick and Carrot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yaroslavsky do concening Ginzburg?
(a) Tries to help her to flee the country.
(b) Denounces her.
(c) Hides evidence against her.
(d) Trumps up evidence against her.
2. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
(a) Curses Stalin.
(b) Denounces her husband.
(c) Tries to kill herself.
(d) Denounces Yaroslavsky.
3. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
(a) She is to be executed.
(b) She is to go work on a communal farm and teach there.
(c) She is exonerated of all but three minor charges.
(d) She is expelled from the Communist Party.
4. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
(a) Fighting the charges.
(b) Stopping to tell her mother goodbye.
(c) Publicly saying goodbye to her children.
(d) Defending her initial statements.
5. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
(a) He has killed himself.
(b) He has said Ginzburg contacted him about killing another party member.
(c) He has confessed against Ginzburg.
(d) He has confessed to participating in a plot against Stalin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Avodotya Aksyonova advise Ginzburg?
2. How old is Elvov when he visits Ginzburg?
3. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
4. What is Ginzburg told about her husband?
5. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)