|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 13, The Investigators Have Conclusive Evidence | Part I, Chapter 14, Stick and Carrot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yaroslavsky do concening Ginzburg?
(a) Hides evidence against her.
(b) Trumps up evidence against her.
(c) Tries to help her to flee the country.
(d) Denounces her.
2. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
(a) Stalin is going to far.
(b) Stalin is mentally unstable.
(c) She is innocent.
(d) Gossip is not truth.
3. Who is Comrade Beylin?
(a) Stalin's son-in-law and head of the Foreign Propaganda office.
(b) A doctor who gives Ginzburg a slip saying she was ill.
(c) The head of the local GPU.
(d) The new Chariman of the Bureau of Party Political Control.
4. What does Avodotya Aksyonova advise Ginzburg?
(a) To humble herself.
(b) To ask her husband to denounce her.
(c) To ask her friends to give her their endorsements.
(d) To go far away.
5. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
(a) In the same cellar as Ginzburg.
(c) At his home.
(d) In the Gulag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
2. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
3. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
4. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
5. Where did Lyama's family work?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)