|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 13, The Investigators Have Conclusive Evidence | Part I, Chapter 14, Stick and Carrot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
(a) At his home.
(c) In the Gulag.
(d) In the same cellar as Ginzburg.
2. Who is Comrade Beylin?
(a) The new Chariman of the Bureau of Party Political Control.
(b) A doctor who gives Ginzburg a slip saying she was ill.
(c) Stalin's son-in-law and head of the Foreign Propaganda office.
(d) The head of the local GPU.
3. How old is Elvov when he visits Ginzburg?
4. How is Vevers described?
(d) Cold and calculating.
5. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
(a) Ginzburg's third cousin who must pronounce the judgement.
(b) One of her former students whoi s the head of the committee.
(c) Ginzburg's favorite mentor.
(d) Her friends who are caught in their own false accusations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summons Ginzburg?
2. What does Livanov ask Ginzburg concerning Elvov?
3. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
4. How does Stalin label sections of the book that Elvov writes?
5. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)