|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 13, The Investigators Have Conclusive Evidence | Part I, Chapter 14, Stick and Carrot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lyama's family work?
(a) On the Chinese-Far Eastern Railway.
(b) In the Moscow military supply system.
(c) They were nomadic people.
(d) On the Far-East Power System.
2. Who is Captain Vevers?
(a) The man who interrogates Ginzburg.
(b) The man who forces the interrogator to be humane when questioning Ginzburg.
(c) The man who tries to be kind to Ginzburg in prison.
(d) The head of the secret police in Moscow.
3. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
(a) Curses Stalin.
(b) Denounces Yaroslavsky.
(c) Tries to kill herself.
(d) Denounces her husband.
4. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
(a) She is to be executed.
(b) She is exonerated of all but three minor charges.
(c) She is to go work on a communal farm and teach there.
(d) She is expelled from the Communist Party.
5. Who is Comrade Beylin?
(a) The head of the local GPU.
(b) A doctor who gives Ginzburg a slip saying she was ill.
(c) Stalin's son-in-law and head of the Foreign Propaganda office.
(d) The new Chariman of the Bureau of Party Political Control.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summons Ginzburg?
2. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
3. How does Stalin label sections of the book that Elvov writes?
4. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
5. What does Livanov ask Ginzburg concerning Elvov?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)