|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 9, Expelled from the Party | Part I, Chapter 10, That Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
(a) She sets herself on fire.
(b) She shoots herself.
(c) She drinks acid.
(d) She hangs herself.
2. Who is Comrade Beylin?
(a) The new Chariman of the Bureau of Party Political Control.
(b) A doctor who gives Ginzburg a slip saying she was ill.
(c) Stalin's son-in-law and head of the Foreign Propaganda office.
(d) The head of the local GPU.
3. How does Ginzburg describe Stalin?
(d) Ugly and repulsive.
4. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
(b) Inciting riots.
(c) Teaching heresy.
(d) Collaborating with the enemy.
5. Why is Ginzburg sent home?
(a) To settle her personal affairs.
(b) The charges against her were dropped.
(c) To await her sentence.
(d) The charges were held in abeyance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ginsburg sad on September 1, 1935?
2. Why is Elvov apologizing to Ginzburg?
3. Who summons Ginzburg?
4. In what year does Professor Elvov visit Ginzburg?
5. What does Ginzburg call her mother-in-law?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)