|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 9, Expelled from the Party | Part I, Chapter 10, That Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yaroslavsky do concening Ginzburg?
(a) Trumps up evidence against her.
(b) Hides evidence against her.
(c) Tries to help her to flee the country.
(d) Denounces her.
2. How long after her hearing is Ginzburg arrested?
(a) One day.
(b) Several months.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Three weeks.
3. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
(a) Ginzburg's status is lowered at the University.
(b) Ginzburg must submit a vociferously-worded condemnation of Trotsky.
(c) Ginzbug is reprimanded, but it is later canceled.
(d) Ginzburg is told she can give no more public lectures for two years.
4. Why is Ginsburg sad on September 1, 1935?
(a) It is the anniversary of when she first started teaching.
(b) It is the anniversary of when her young daughter had died.
(c) She is no longer allowed to teach and it's the first day of school.
(d) It is the anniversary of when her young son had died.
5. What does Avodotya Aksyonova advise Ginzburg?
(a) To ask her husband to denounce her.
(b) To ask her friends to give her their endorsements.
(c) To go far away.
(d) To humble herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
2. Who is Comrade Beylin?
3. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
4. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
5. Why is Ginzburg sent home?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)