|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 9, Expelled from the Party | Part I, Chapter 10, That Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yaroslavsky do concening Ginzburg?
(a) Tries to help her to flee the country.
(b) Trumps up evidence against her.
(c) Hides evidence against her.
(d) Denounces her.
2. Who is Comrade Beylin?
(a) A doctor who gives Ginzburg a slip saying she was ill.
(b) The head of the local GPU.
(c) The new Chariman of the Bureau of Party Political Control.
(d) Stalin's son-in-law and head of the Foreign Propaganda office.
3. Who summons Ginzburg?
(a) The head of the GGP.
(b) The deputy chief of the Moscow Communist party.
(c) The district committee.
(d) The politburo in Moscow.
4. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
(a) Gossip is not truth.
(b) Stalin is going to far.
(c) Stalin is mentally unstable.
(d) She is innocent.
5. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
(a) Ginzburg's favorite mentor.
(b) Ginzburg's third cousin who must pronounce the judgement.
(c) One of her former students whoi s the head of the committee.
(d) Her friends who are caught in their own false accusations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
2. What might happen if Ginzburg makes any stops along the way to present herself for the arrest warrant?
3. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
4. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
5. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)