|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 9, Expelled from the Party | Part I, Chapter 10, That Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Alyosha?
(a) The judge that sentences Ginzburg.
(b) Ginzburg's oldest son.
(c) Ginzburg's best friend who disappears.
(d) Ginzburg's brother who disappears.
2. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
(a) For failing to denouce Trotsky strenuously enough in a recent lecture.
(b) For missing two meetings in a row when she was ill.
(c) For having a book in her home that was published outside of Russia.
(d) For not denouncing Elvov.
3. Why is Ginsburg sad on September 1, 1935?
(a) It is the anniversary of when she first started teaching.
(b) She is no longer allowed to teach and it's the first day of school.
(c) It is the anniversary of when her young son had died.
(d) It is the anniversary of when her young daughter had died.
4. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
(a) Curses Stalin.
(b) Denounces Yaroslavsky.
(c) Tries to kill herself.
(d) Denounces her husband.
5. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
(a) He was going to make up lies about her involvement with Elvov.
(b) He beat her all the time.
(c) He was embezzling.
(d) She loves the Party more than she loves him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might happen if Ginzburg makes any stops along the way to present herself for the arrest warrant?
2. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
3. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
4. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
5. Who summons Ginzburg?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)