|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 9, Expelled from the Party | Part I, Chapter 10, That Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
(a) They are loyal party members.
(b) They have been given medals from Stalin.
(c) They teach in very remote areas.
(d) They are not active in politics.
2. What does Avodotya Aksyonova advise Ginzburg?
(a) To ask her husband to denounce her.
(b) To humble herself.
(c) To go far away.
(d) To ask her friends to give her their endorsements.
3. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
(a) Defending her initial statements.
(b) Fighting the charges.
(c) Publicly saying goodbye to her children.
(d) Stopping to tell her mother goodbye.
4. What might happen if Ginzburg makes any stops along the way to present herself for the arrest warrant?
(a) Her mother might become hysterical.
(b) She could make things even more difficult for herself or loved ones.
(c) She might be shot.
(d) She might get an even harsher sentence.
5. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
(a) She sets herself on fire.
(b) She shoots herself.
(c) She drinks acid.
(d) She hangs herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
2. What does Ginzburg call her mother-in-law?
3. In what year does Professor Elvov visit Ginzburg?
4. Why is Elvov apologizing to Ginzburg?
5. How does Ginzburg describe Stalin?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)