|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 9, Expelled from the Party | Part I, Chapter 10, That Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ginzburg sent home?
(a) The charges against her were dropped.
(b) The charges were held in abeyance.
(c) To settle her personal affairs.
(d) To await her sentence.
2. What does Avodotya Aksyonova advise Ginzburg?
(a) To ask her husband to denounce her.
(b) To ask her friends to give her their endorsements.
(c) To go far away.
(d) To humble herself.
3. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
(a) She is expelled from the Communist Party.
(b) She is exonerated of all but three minor charges.
(c) She is to go work on a communal farm and teach there.
(d) She is to be executed.
4. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
(a) Writing a condemnation of Trotsky.
(c) Denouncing her best friend.
(d) Forming a group to assassinate Stalin.
5. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
(b) Collaborating with the enemy.
(c) Inciting riots.
(d) Teaching heresy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
2. What might happen if Ginzburg makes any stops along the way to present herself for the arrest warrant?
3. How old is Elvov when he visits Ginzburg?
4. How long after her hearing is Ginzburg arrested?
5. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)