|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 9, Expelled from the Party | Part I, Chapter 10, That Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
(a) Ginzburg is told she can give no more public lectures for two years.
(b) Ginzbug is reprimanded, but it is later canceled.
(c) Ginzburg's status is lowered at the University.
(d) Ginzburg must submit a vociferously-worded condemnation of Trotsky.
2. Why is Ginzburg sent home?
(a) The charges were held in abeyance.
(b) The charges against her were dropped.
(c) To settle her personal affairs.
(d) To await her sentence.
3. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
(a) Inciting riots.
(c) Collaborating with the enemy.
(d) Teaching heresy.
4. Why is Ginsburg sad on September 1, 1935?
(a) It is the anniversary of when her young son had died.
(b) It is the anniversary of when her young daughter had died.
(c) It is the anniversary of when she first started teaching.
(d) She is no longer allowed to teach and it's the first day of school.
5. What might happen if Ginzburg makes any stops along the way to present herself for the arrest warrant?
(a) She might get an even harsher sentence.
(b) Her mother might become hysterical.
(c) She might be shot.
(d) She could make things even more difficult for herself or loved ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Avodotya Aksyonova advise Ginzburg?
2. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
3. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
4. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
5. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)