|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 9, Expelled from the Party | Part I, Chapter 10, That Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
(a) For failing to denouce Trotsky strenuously enough in a recent lecture.
(b) For not denouncing Elvov.
(c) For having a book in her home that was published outside of Russia.
(d) For missing two meetings in a row when she was ill.
2. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
(a) Stalin is going to far.
(b) Stalin is mentally unstable.
(c) She is innocent.
(d) Gossip is not truth.
3. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
(a) They are loyal party members.
(b) They are not active in politics.
(c) They teach in very remote areas.
(d) They have been given medals from Stalin.
4. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
(a) She sets herself on fire.
(b) She drinks acid.
(c) She shoots herself.
(d) She hangs herself.
5. Why is Elvov apologizing to Ginzburg?
(a) Her association with him may be costly to her.
(b) He misunderstood one of her articles and cut it from the series.
(c) He is unable to help her identify two anonymous Stalin spies.
(d) He is inaccurate in a quote from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summons Ginzburg?
2. How does Ginzburg describe Stalin?
3. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
4. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
5. Who is Comrade Beylin?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)