|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 9, Expelled from the Party | Part I, Chapter 10, That Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
(a) She hangs herself.
(b) She shoots herself.
(c) She drinks acid.
(d) She sets herself on fire.
2. Why is Ginsburg sad on September 1, 1935?
(a) It is the anniversary of when she first started teaching.
(b) It is the anniversary of when her young daughter had died.
(c) It is the anniversary of when her young son had died.
(d) She is no longer allowed to teach and it's the first day of school.
3. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
(a) Honest but flawed.
(b) Corrupt and hypocritical.
(d) They are conducted by incompetent judges.
4. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
(a) Curses Stalin.
(b) Denounces Yaroslavsky.
(c) Denounces her husband.
(d) Tries to kill herself.
5. Why is Elvov apologizing to Ginzburg?
(a) He is inaccurate in a quote from her.
(b) Her association with him may be costly to her.
(c) He is unable to help her identify two anonymous Stalin spies.
(d) He misunderstood one of her articles and cut it from the series.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
2. Why is Ginzburg sent home?
3. Who is Comrade Beylin?
4. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
5. Who summons Ginzburg?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)