|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 9, Expelled from the Party | Part I, Chapter 10, That Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what series of books has Elvov contributed an article?
(a) A series on the famous writers of Russia.
(b) A series on the history of the Communist Party.
(c) A series on the fall of Czar Nicholas II.
(d) A series on the famous painters of Russia.
2. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
(a) She shoots herself.
(b) She drinks acid.
(c) She hangs herself.
(d) She sets herself on fire.
3. Why is Ginsburg sad on September 1, 1935?
(a) She is no longer allowed to teach and it's the first day of school.
(b) It is the anniversary of when her young daughter had died.
(c) It is the anniversary of when her young son had died.
(d) It is the anniversary of when she first started teaching.
4. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
(a) They have been given medals from Stalin.
(b) They are not active in politics.
(c) They are loyal party members.
(d) They teach in very remote areas.
5. Why is Ginzburg sent home?
(a) To settle her personal affairs.
(b) The charges were held in abeyance.
(c) To await her sentence.
(d) The charges against her were dropped.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Elvov when he visits Ginzburg?
2. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
3. What does Yaroslavsky do concening Ginzburg?
4. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
5. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)