|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 9, Expelled from the Party | Part I, Chapter 10, That Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Professor Elvov visit Ginzburg?
2. Who is Comrade Beylin?
(a) The head of the local GPU.
(b) The new Chariman of the Bureau of Party Political Control.
(c) A doctor who gives Ginzburg a slip saying she was ill.
(d) Stalin's son-in-law and head of the Foreign Propaganda office.
3. What does Avodotya Aksyonova advise Ginzburg?
(a) To humble herself.
(b) To go far away.
(c) To ask her friends to give her their endorsements.
(d) To ask her husband to denounce her.
4. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
(a) They are loyal party members.
(b) They are not active in politics.
(c) They teach in very remote areas.
(d) They have been given medals from Stalin.
5. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
(a) She is exonerated of all but three minor charges.
(b) She is expelled from the Communist Party.
(c) She is to be executed.
(d) She is to go work on a communal farm and teach there.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Elvov when he visits Ginzburg?
2. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
3. Why is Ginzburg sent home?
4. What does Yaroslavsky do concening Ginzburg?
5. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)