|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 9, Expelled from the Party | Part I, Chapter 10, That Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
(b) Inciting riots.
(c) Teaching heresy.
(d) Collaborating with the enemy.
2. To what series of books has Elvov contributed an article?
(a) A series on the history of the Communist Party.
(b) A series on the famous writers of Russia.
(c) A series on the fall of Czar Nicholas II.
(d) A series on the famous painters of Russia.
3. Who is Comrade Beylin?
(a) Stalin's son-in-law and head of the Foreign Propaganda office.
(b) The new Chariman of the Bureau of Party Political Control.
(c) The head of the local GPU.
(d) A doctor who gives Ginzburg a slip saying she was ill.
4. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
(a) Denounces her husband.
(b) Denounces Yaroslavsky.
(c) Curses Stalin.
(d) Tries to kill herself.
5. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
(a) Honest but flawed.
(b) They are conducted by incompetent judges.
(c) Corrupt and hypocritical.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stalin label sections of the book that Elvov writes?
2. What does Yaroslavsky do concening Ginzburg?
3. Why is Ginzburg sent home?
4. Why is Elvov apologizing to Ginzburg?
5. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)