|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 9, Expelled from the Party | Part I, Chapter 10, That Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who summons Ginzburg?
(a) The deputy chief of the Moscow Communist party.
(b) The politburo in Moscow.
(c) The head of the GGP.
(d) The district committee.
2. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
(a) He was going to make up lies about her involvement with Elvov.
(b) He was embezzling.
(c) She loves the Party more than she loves him.
(d) He beat her all the time.
3. How long after her hearing is Ginzburg arrested?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One day.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Several months.
4. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
(a) They are loyal party members.
(b) They teach in very remote areas.
(c) They have been given medals from Stalin.
(d) They are not active in politics.
5. Why is Ginzburg sent home?
(a) The charges against her were dropped.
(b) To settle her personal affairs.
(c) To await her sentence.
(d) The charges were held in abeyance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alyosha?
2. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
3. Why is Ginsburg sad on September 1, 1935?
4. In what year does Professor Elvov visit Ginzburg?
5. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)