|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 9, Expelled from the Party | Part I, Chapter 10, That Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
(a) She is expelled from the Communist Party.
(b) She is to go work on a communal farm and teach there.
(c) She is to be executed.
(d) She is exonerated of all but three minor charges.
2. What does Ginzburg call her mother-in-law?
(d) Mrs. Aksyonnova.
3. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
(b) Writing a condemnation of Trotsky.
(c) Forming a group to assassinate Stalin.
(d) Denouncing her best friend.
4. Why is Ginzburg sent home?
(a) To await her sentence.
(b) To settle her personal affairs.
(c) The charges were held in abeyance.
(d) The charges against her were dropped.
5. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
(a) Teaching heresy.
(c) Inciting riots.
(d) Collaborating with the enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Comrade Beylin?
2. How does Ginzburg describe Stalin?
3. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
4. Who is Alyosha?
5. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)