|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 9, Expelled from the Party | Part I, Chapter 10, That Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
(a) She sets herself on fire.
(b) She drinks acid.
(c) She shoots herself.
(d) She hangs herself.
2. Who summons Ginzburg?
(a) The deputy chief of the Moscow Communist party.
(b) The politburo in Moscow.
(c) The district committee.
(d) The head of the GGP.
3. What does Avodotya Aksyonova advise Ginzburg?
(a) To ask her friends to give her their endorsements.
(b) To humble herself.
(c) To go far away.
(d) To ask her husband to denounce her.
4. What might happen if Ginzburg makes any stops along the way to present herself for the arrest warrant?
(a) Her mother might become hysterical.
(b) She might be shot.
(c) She could make things even more difficult for herself or loved ones.
(d) She might get an even harsher sentence.
5. What does Ginzburg call her mother-in-law?
(a) Mrs. Aksyonnova.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Elvov apologizing to Ginzburg?
2. What does Yaroslavsky do concening Ginzburg?
3. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
4. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
5. How does Stalin label sections of the book that Elvov writes?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)