|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 9, Expelled from the Party | Part I, Chapter 10, That Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might happen if Ginzburg makes any stops along the way to present herself for the arrest warrant?
(a) Her mother might become hysterical.
(b) She could make things even more difficult for herself or loved ones.
(c) She might get an even harsher sentence.
(d) She might be shot.
2. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
(a) Honest but flawed.
(c) They are conducted by incompetent judges.
(d) Corrupt and hypocritical.
3. In what year does Professor Elvov visit Ginzburg?
4. Why is Elvov apologizing to Ginzburg?
(a) He is inaccurate in a quote from her.
(b) Her association with him may be costly to her.
(c) He misunderstood one of her articles and cut it from the series.
(d) He is unable to help her identify two anonymous Stalin spies.
5. What does Avodotya Aksyonova advise Ginzburg?
(a) To go far away.
(b) To ask her husband to denounce her.
(c) To ask her friends to give her their endorsements.
(d) To humble herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginzburg call her mother-in-law?
2. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
3. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
4. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
5. Why is Ginzburg sent home?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)