|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 9, Expelled from the Party | Part I, Chapter 10, That Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
(a) She is exonerated of all but three minor charges.
(b) She is expelled from the Communist Party.
(c) She is to go work on a communal farm and teach there.
(d) She is to be executed.
2. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
(a) Ginzburg is told she can give no more public lectures for two years.
(b) Ginzburg must submit a vociferously-worded condemnation of Trotsky.
(c) Ginzburg's status is lowered at the University.
(d) Ginzbug is reprimanded, but it is later canceled.
3. What does Yaroslavsky do concening Ginzburg?
(a) Trumps up evidence against her.
(b) Denounces her.
(c) Tries to help her to flee the country.
(d) Hides evidence against her.
4. Who is Alyosha?
(a) Ginzburg's brother who disappears.
(b) The judge that sentences Ginzburg.
(c) Ginzburg's oldest son.
(d) Ginzburg's best friend who disappears.
5. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
(a) They have been given medals from Stalin.
(b) They teach in very remote areas.
(c) They are not active in politics.
(d) They are loyal party members.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginzburg call her mother-in-law?
2. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
3. Why is Elvov apologizing to Ginzburg?
4. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
5. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)