|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 9, Expelled from the Party | Part I, Chapter 10, That Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
(a) By saying no one in her area has denounced Elvov either.
(b) By saying that Stalin's deputy of foreign affairs gave her the book.
(c) By saying that her lecture was not about Trotsky.
(d) By saying she was in the hospital and has a note to prove it.
2. What does Avodotya Aksyonova advise Ginzburg?
(a) To humble herself.
(b) To go far away.
(c) To ask her friends to give her their endorsements.
(d) To ask her husband to denounce her.
3. In what year does Professor Elvov visit Ginzburg?
4. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
(a) Her friends who are caught in their own false accusations.
(b) One of her former students whoi s the head of the committee.
(c) Ginzburg's third cousin who must pronounce the judgement.
(d) Ginzburg's favorite mentor.
5. How old is Elvov when he visits Ginzburg?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
2. Why is Ginsburg sad on September 1, 1935?
3. Who is Alyosha?
4. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
5. To what series of books has Elvov contributed an article?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)