|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 9, Expelled from the Party | Part I, Chapter 10, That Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
(a) He was embezzling.
(b) She loves the Party more than she loves him.
(c) He beat her all the time.
(d) He was going to make up lies about her involvement with Elvov.
2. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
(a) Writing a condemnation of Trotsky.
(b) Denouncing her best friend.
(c) Forming a group to assassinate Stalin.
3. Why is Ginsburg sad on September 1, 1935?
(a) It is the anniversary of when she first started teaching.
(b) She is no longer allowed to teach and it's the first day of school.
(c) It is the anniversary of when her young son had died.
(d) It is the anniversary of when her young daughter had died.
4. How does Stalin label sections of the book that Elvov writes?
(a) Full of errors.
(d) Very accurate.
5. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
(a) For failing to denouce Trotsky strenuously enough in a recent lecture.
(b) For having a book in her home that was published outside of Russia.
(c) For not denouncing Elvov.
(d) For missing two meetings in a row when she was ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
2. Why is Ginzburg sent home?
3. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
4. Who is Alyosha?
5. Who is Comrade Beylin?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)