|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 9, Expelled from the Party | Part I, Chapter 10, That Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
(a) She sets herself on fire.
(b) She shoots herself.
(c) She drinks acid.
(d) She hangs herself.
2. What does Yaroslavsky do concening Ginzburg?
(a) Denounces her.
(b) Tries to help her to flee the country.
(c) Hides evidence against her.
(d) Trumps up evidence against her.
3. What does Ginzburg want to prove?
(a) Stalin is going to far.
(b) Stalin is mentally unstable.
(c) Gossip is not truth.
(d) She is innocent.
4. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
(a) Denounces Yaroslavsky.
(b) Tries to kill herself.
(c) Curses Stalin.
(d) Denounces her husband.
5. In what year does Professor Elvov visit Ginzburg?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Elvov when he visits Ginzburg?
2. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
3. Who is Comrade Beylin?
4. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
5. Who is Alyosha?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)