|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 9, Expelled from the Party | Part I, Chapter 10, That Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Professor Elvov visit Ginzburg?
2. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
(a) Ginzburg's third cousin who must pronounce the judgement.
(b) One of her former students whoi s the head of the committee.
(c) Her friends who are caught in their own false accusations.
(d) Ginzburg's favorite mentor.
3. Who summons Ginzburg?
(a) The politburo in Moscow.
(b) The district committee.
(c) The deputy chief of the Moscow Communist party.
(d) The head of the GGP.
4. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
(a) He was going to make up lies about her involvement with Elvov.
(b) She loves the Party more than she loves him.
(c) He beat her all the time.
(d) He was embezzling.
5. How does Ginzburg describe Stalin?
(b) Ugly and repulsive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alyosha?
2. How old is Elvov when he visits Ginzburg?
3. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
4. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
5. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)