|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 9, Expelled from the Party | Part I, Chapter 10, That Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Avodotya Aksyonova advise Ginzburg?
(a) To humble herself.
(b) To go far away.
(c) To ask her friends to give her their endorsements.
(d) To ask her husband to denounce her.
2. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
(a) For not denouncing Elvov.
(b) For failing to denouce Trotsky strenuously enough in a recent lecture.
(c) For missing two meetings in a row when she was ill.
(d) For having a book in her home that was published outside of Russia.
3. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
(a) They are loyal party members.
(b) They are not active in politics.
(c) They have been given medals from Stalin.
(d) They teach in very remote areas.
4. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
(a) She is to go work on a communal farm and teach there.
(b) She is expelled from the Communist Party.
(c) She is exonerated of all but three minor charges.
(d) She is to be executed.
5. How long after her hearing is Ginzburg arrested?
(a) Several months.
(b) Eight days.
(c) One day.
(d) Three weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alyosha?
2. What does Yaroslavsky do concening Ginzburg?
3. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
4. Who summons Ginzburg?
5. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)