|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 1, Car Number 7 | Part II, Chapter 2, All Sorts to Make a World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Tanya Stankovskaya happy?
(a) Seeing her husband among the prisoners.
(b) Receiving a long letter from her children.
(c) Having a bunk on the train.
(d) Being given a release.
2. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
(a) She is to go work on a communal farm and teach there.
(b) She is exonerated of all but three minor charges.
(c) She is to be executed.
(d) She is expelled from the Communist Party.
3. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
(a) For failing to denouce Trotsky strenuously enough in a recent lecture.
(b) For missing two meetings in a row when she was ill.
(c) For not denouncing Elvov.
(d) For having a book in her home that was published outside of Russia.
4. Who is Pickwick?
(a) A kind, elderly guard.
(b) The new prison Governor.
(c) The doctor who treats Julia and Ginzburg.
(d) A new prisoner.
5. Who is Comrade Beylin?
(a) The new Chariman of the Bureau of Party Political Control.
(b) A doctor who gives Ginzburg a slip saying she was ill.
(c) Stalin's son-in-law and head of the Foreign Propaganda office.
(d) The head of the local GPU.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
2. Whom does Ginzburg finally meet face-to-face?
3. What are the prisoners told to do before being transferred?
4. What is familiar about the journey the women are making?
5. What does Ginzburg say is at the base of the walls in her cell?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)