|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 1, Car Number 7 | Part II, Chapter 2, All Sorts to Make a World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Comrade Beylin?
(a) The head of the local GPU.
(b) The new Chariman of the Bureau of Party Political Control.
(c) Stalin's son-in-law and head of the Foreign Propaganda office.
(d) A doctor who gives Ginzburg a slip saying she was ill.
2. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
(a) One of her former students whoi s the head of the committee.
(b) Her friends who are caught in their own false accusations.
(c) Ginzburg's third cousin who must pronounce the judgement.
(d) Ginzburg's favorite mentor.
3. Who is Yefrem?
(a) A driver of the Black Maria.
(b) A secret police guard.
(c) A man who offers the prisoners some food when the truck is stopped.
(d) One of Ginzburg's former students.
4. For how long does this form of interrogation last?
(a) 3 days.
(b) Several weeks.
(c) 7 days.
(d) A few hours.
5. What happens when Ginzburg exercises in her cell?
(a) She is told it is forbidden.
(b) She gets sick from breathing the moldy air.
(c) She slips on the stone.
(d) She gets bad shin splints from the stone floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
2. Why is Ginzburg's watch inaccurate?
3. How long does Ginzburg's trial last?
4. What was Julia Karepova's career before imprisonment?
5. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)