|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 1, Car Number 7 | Part II, Chapter 2, All Sorts to Make a World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
(b) Inciting riots.
(c) Teaching heresy.
(d) Collaborating with the enemy.
2. Who is Milda?
(a) A prisoner who is in there because the family she worked for were arrested.
(b) A young, German opera singer.
(c) One of the female guards.
(d) An elderly Latvian woman.
3. What does Ginzburg's visitor tell her?
(a) She needs to eat.
(b) Her son is still very ill.
(c) Her children are well.
(d) She is having an appeal filed.
4. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
(a) Denounces her husband.
(b) Tries to kill herself.
(c) Denounces Yaroslavsky.
(d) Curses Stalin.
5. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
(a) In the same cellar as Ginzburg.
(c) In the Gulag.
(d) At his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Italian woman doing?
2. What happens when Ginzburg exercises in her cell?
3. Who comes to see Ginzburg?
4. What does Ginzburg hear in the hall as her visitor leaves?
5. What happens when the Chinese prisoner laughs?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)