|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 1, Car Number 7 | Part II, Chapter 2, All Sorts to Make a World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The women are sent from the prison _______________.
(a) To the train station.
(b) To a holding area.
(c) To their homes.
(d) To board a line of trucks.
2. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
(a) For having a book in her home that was published outside of Russia.
(b) For missing two meetings in a row when she was ill.
(c) For not denouncing Elvov.
(d) For failing to denouce Trotsky strenuously enough in a recent lecture.
3. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
(a) Ginzburg's third cousin who must pronounce the judgement.
(b) Ginzburg's favorite mentor.
(c) Her friends who are caught in their own false accusations.
(d) One of her former students whoi s the head of the committee.
4. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
(a) She is exonerated of all but three minor charges.
(b) She is to go work on a communal farm and teach there.
(c) She is to be executed.
(d) She is expelled from the Communist Party.
5. What does Ginzburg say is at the base of the walls in her cell?
(b) Names and dates sculpted on the stone.
(c) Mementos of previous prisoners.
(d) Blood stains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pickwick?
2. What is Ginzburg's prison cell number at Yaroslavl?
3. What is crawling with insects?
4. What are Ginzburg and the other prisoners no longer permitted to do?
5. How long does Ginzburg's trial last?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)