|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 33, Five Steps by Three | Part I, Chapter 34, Major Weinstock's Twenty-Two Commandments.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ginzburg's watch inaccurate?
(a) Its battery is run down.
(b) The dampness of the prison has rusted it.
(c) She forgot to wind it sometimes in prison and only guessed at the time when resetting it.
(d) It has not been wound since she entered prison.
2. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
(a) She absolves her family in her crimes.
(b) She criticizes them for their methods.
(c) She confesses to everything of which she is accused.
(d) She asks forgiveness from the party.
3. What is Ginzburg's prison cell number at Yaroslavl?
4. What does Milda encourage Ginzburg to do?
(a) To stop up her ears with cotton.
(b) To teach her to read.
(c) To sing when she wakes in the morning.
(d) To rat on other prisoners.
5. What happens when Ginzburg exercises in her cell?
(a) She gets sick from breathing the moldy air.
(b) She slips on the stone.
(c) She gets bad shin splints from the stone floor.
(d) She is told it is forbidden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
2. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
3. Why is Nina in prison?
4. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
5. What incenses Ginzburg about how her answers are recorded?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)