|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 33, Five Steps by Three | Part I, Chapter 34, Major Weinstock's Twenty-Two Commandments.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Milda encourage Ginzburg to do?
(a) To rat on other prisoners.
(b) To teach her to read.
(c) To stop up her ears with cotton.
(d) To sing when she wakes in the morning.
2. What is Ginzburg's prison cell number at Yaroslavl?
3. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
(a) He has confessed to participating in a plot against Stalin.
(b) He has said Ginzburg contacted him about killing another party member.
(c) He has confessed against Ginzburg.
(d) He has killed himself.
4. What is returned to Ginzburg?
(a) Her watch.
(b) Her papers.
(c) Her money.
(d) Her dentures.
5. Who is Milda?
(a) A young, German opera singer.
(b) A prisoner who is in there because the family she worked for were arrested.
(c) An elderly Latvian woman.
(d) One of the female guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a Chinese prisoner laugh one day during head count?
2. How many hours a day is Ginzburg confined to her cell?
3. Why is Ginzburg sent home?
4. What does Ginzburg say is at the base of the walls in her cell?
5. What do the wardens do for counting prisoners?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)