|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 33, Five Steps by Three | Part I, Chapter 34, Major Weinstock's Twenty-Two Commandments.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helps Ginzburg sleep?
(a) Composing mental poetry.
2. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
(a) In the same cellar as Ginzburg.
(b) At his home.
(d) In the Gulag.
3. Why is Nina in prison?
(a) For failing to denounce someone who denounces Stalin.
(b) Her brother denounced Stalin and Nina does not report him.
(c) Her mother said negative things about Stalin.
(d) Her boyfriend is in a conspiracy group.
4. What do the wardens do for counting prisoners?
(a) They have the prisoners line up on their name in a hallway.
(b) They have each prisoner write his/her name on a piece of paper.
(c) They count pairs of feet.
(d) They count tin cups.
5. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
(a) Denounces Yaroslavsky.
(b) Tries to kill herself.
(c) Curses Stalin.
(d) Denounces her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the date February 15, 1937?
2. What is returned to Ginzburg?
3. Who is Milda?
4. What happens on Red Army Day?
5. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)