|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 33, Five Steps by Three | Part I, Chapter 34, Major Weinstock's Twenty-Two Commandments.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
(a) He has killed himself.
(b) He has confessed against Ginzburg.
(c) He has confessed to participating in a plot against Stalin.
(d) He has said Ginzburg contacted him about killing another party member.
2. Why is Nina in prison?
(a) Her mother said negative things about Stalin.
(b) Her boyfriend is in a conspiracy group.
(c) For failing to denounce someone who denounces Stalin.
(d) Her brother denounced Stalin and Nina does not report him.
3. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
(a) She absolves her family in her crimes.
(b) She asks forgiveness from the party.
(c) She criticizes them for their methods.
(d) She confesses to everything of which she is accused.
4. What is significant about the date February 15, 1937?
(a) It is Ginzburg's wedding anniversary day.
(b) It is Ginzburg's last day to teach.
(c) It is the day Ginzburg was imprisoned.
(d) It is Ginzburg's birthday.
5. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
(a) Collaborating with the enemy.
(c) Inciting riots.
(d) Teaching heresy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Yefrem?
2. Who is Alyosha?
3. What incenses Ginzburg about how her answers are recorded?
4. What are the sounds in the middle of the night?
5. What helps Ginzburg sleep?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)