|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 33, Five Steps by Three | Part I, Chapter 34, Major Weinstock's Twenty-Two Commandments.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ginzburg say is at the base of the walls in her cell?
(b) Blood stains.
(c) Names and dates sculpted on the stone.
(d) Mementos of previous prisoners.
2. How many hours a day is Ginzburg confined to her cell?
3. Who is Milda?
(a) An elderly Latvian woman.
(b) A prisoner who is in there because the family she worked for were arrested.
(c) One of the female guards.
(d) A young, German opera singer.
4. Why is Nina in prison?
(a) Her boyfriend is in a conspiracy group.
(b) Her brother denounced Stalin and Nina does not report him.
(c) Her mother said negative things about Stalin.
(d) For failing to denounce someone who denounces Stalin.
5. What incenses Ginzburg about how her answers are recorded?
(a) They show her as much closer to Elvov than she is.
(b) They put her family in a collaborative position.
(c) They are skewed to fit the judgment the interrogator is trying to justify.
(d) They are recorded inacurrately.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
2. Where is Ginzburg sent at the opening of Chapter 19?
3. Who is Alyosha?
4. Why is Ginzburg sent home?
5. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)