|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 33, Five Steps by Three | Part I, Chapter 34, Major Weinstock's Twenty-Two Commandments.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the Chinese prisoner laughs?
(a) She is put in solitary confinement.
(b) She is whipped.
(c) The entire cell block erupts in laughter.
(d) She is shot.
2. What does Ginzburg say is at the base of the walls in her cell?
(a) Mementos of previous prisoners.
(c) Blood stains.
(d) Names and dates sculpted on the stone.
3. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
(a) Denounces Yaroslavsky.
(b) Curses Stalin.
(c) Tries to kill herself.
(d) Denounces her husband.
4. Why does a Chinese prisoner laugh one day during head count?
(a) One warden continually miscounts the prisoners.
(b) One warden has trouble counting past twenty.
(c) One prisoner is missing a leg and says he should only count as 1/2 a person.
(d) The warden trips over a threshold.
5. What incenses Ginzburg about how her answers are recorded?
(a) They put her family in a collaborative position.
(b) They are recorded inacurrately.
(c) They show her as much closer to Elvov than she is.
(d) They are skewed to fit the judgment the interrogator is trying to justify.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Nina in prison?
2. What are the sounds in the middle of the night?
3. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
4. What does Milda encourage Ginzburg to do?
5. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)