|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 33, Five Steps by Three | Part I, Chapter 34, Major Weinstock's Twenty-Two Commandments.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
(a) Denounces her husband.
(b) Tries to kill herself.
(c) Denounces Yaroslavsky.
(d) Curses Stalin.
2. Why is Ginzburg's watch inaccurate?
(a) She forgot to wind it sometimes in prison and only guessed at the time when resetting it.
(b) The dampness of the prison has rusted it.
(c) It has not been wound since she entered prison.
(d) Its battery is run down.
3. Why does a Chinese prisoner laugh one day during head count?
(a) One warden has trouble counting past twenty.
(b) One prisoner is missing a leg and says he should only count as 1/2 a person.
(c) One warden continually miscounts the prisoners.
(d) The warden trips over a threshold.
4. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
(a) Honest but flawed.
(b) They are conducted by incompetent judges.
(d) Corrupt and hypocritical.
5. What happens when Ginzburg exercises in her cell?
(a) She gets bad shin splints from the stone floor.
(b) She is told it is forbidden.
(c) She slips on the stone.
(d) She gets sick from breathing the moldy air.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
2. What is returned to Ginzburg?
3. Who is Alyosha?
4. Where is Ginzburg sent at the opening of Chapter 19?
5. What does Ginzburg say is at the base of the walls in her cell?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)