|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 33, Five Steps by Three | Part I, Chapter 34, Major Weinstock's Twenty-Two Commandments.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the sounds in the middle of the night?
(a) Old pipes rattling.
(b) Screams from torturing going on.
(c) The rats gnawing on the pallets.
(d) No one knows.
2. What is significant about the date February 15, 1937?
(a) It is Ginzburg's birthday.
(b) It is Ginzburg's last day to teach.
(c) It is the day Ginzburg was imprisoned.
(d) It is Ginzburg's wedding anniversary day.
3. When is the worse time for Ginzburg at the prison?
(a) As she is told to go back inside after being out.
(b) The house after supper before sleep.
(c) Upon waking.
(d) When it is pitch black at night.
4. What happens on Red Army Day?
(a) Ginzburg is flogged.
(b) Ginzburg is taken into a different office and is given the soft approach.
(c) Ginzburg is tortured.
(d) Ginzburg is released to go home.
5. Why is Ginzburg sent home?
(a) To await her sentence.
(b) To settle her personal affairs.
(c) The charges against her were dropped.
(d) The charges were held in abeyance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Yefrem?
2. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
3. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
4. What happens when the Chinese prisoner laughs?
5. What helps Ginzburg sleep?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)