|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 33, Five Steps by Three | Part I, Chapter 34, Major Weinstock's Twenty-Two Commandments.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Nina in prison?
(a) Her boyfriend is in a conspiracy group.
(b) For failing to denounce someone who denounces Stalin.
(c) Her mother said negative things about Stalin.
(d) Her brother denounced Stalin and Nina does not report him.
2. Who is Alyosha?
(a) Ginzburg's oldest son.
(b) Ginzburg's brother who disappears.
(c) Ginzburg's best friend who disappears.
(d) The judge that sentences Ginzburg.
3. Why is Ginzburg sent home?
(a) To settle her personal affairs.
(b) The charges against her were dropped.
(c) The charges were held in abeyance.
(d) To await her sentence.
4. What is significant about the date February 15, 1937?
(a) It is Ginzburg's last day to teach.
(b) It is the day Ginzburg was imprisoned.
(c) It is Ginzburg's wedding anniversary day.
(d) It is Ginzburg's birthday.
5. Why does a Chinese prisoner laugh one day during head count?
(a) One warden continually miscounts the prisoners.
(b) One prisoner is missing a leg and says he should only count as 1/2 a person.
(c) The warden trips over a threshold.
(d) One warden has trouble counting past twenty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
2. What does Livanov ask Ginzburg concerning Elvov?
3. Where is Ginzburg sent at the opening of Chapter 19?
4. When is the worse time for Ginzburg at the prison?
5. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)