|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 33, Five Steps by Three | Part I, Chapter 34, Major Weinstock's Twenty-Two Commandments.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours a day is Ginzburg confined to her cell?
2. Who is Yefrem?
(a) A man who offers the prisoners some food when the truck is stopped.
(b) A driver of the Black Maria.
(c) One of Ginzburg's former students.
(d) A secret police guard.
3. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
(b) Writing a condemnation of Trotsky.
(c) Forming a group to assassinate Stalin.
(d) Denouncing her best friend.
4. Why does a Chinese prisoner laugh one day during head count?
(a) The warden trips over a threshold.
(b) One warden has trouble counting past twenty.
(c) One prisoner is missing a leg and says he should only count as 1/2 a person.
(d) One warden continually miscounts the prisoners.
5. What is significant about the date February 15, 1937?
(a) It is Ginzburg's birthday.
(b) It is Ginzburg's wedding anniversary day.
(c) It is the day Ginzburg was imprisoned.
(d) It is Ginzburg's last day to teach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
2. What is Ginzburg's prison cell number at Yaroslavl?
3. Where is Ginzburg sent at the opening of Chapter 19?
4. When is the worse time for Ginzburg at the prison?
5. Who is Alyosha?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)