|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 33, Five Steps by Three | Part I, Chapter 34, Major Weinstock's Twenty-Two Commandments.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Milda encourage Ginzburg to do?
(a) To teach her to read.
(b) To rat on other prisoners.
(c) To stop up her ears with cotton.
(d) To sing when she wakes in the morning.
2. Who is Alyosha?
(a) Ginzburg's brother who disappears.
(b) Ginzburg's oldest son.
(c) Ginzburg's best friend who disappears.
(d) The judge that sentences Ginzburg.
3. Where is Ginzburg sent at the opening of Chapter 19?
(b) Krasin Street Prison.
(c) St. Petersburg.
4. Why is Ginzburg sent home?
(a) The charges were held in abeyance.
(b) To settle her personal affairs.
(c) The charges against her were dropped.
(d) To await her sentence.
5. Why is Ginzburg's watch inaccurate?
(a) Its battery is run down.
(b) The dampness of the prison has rusted it.
(c) It has not been wound since she entered prison.
(d) She forgot to wind it sometimes in prison and only guessed at the time when resetting it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the worse time for Ginzburg at the prison?
2. Why does a Chinese prisoner laugh one day during head count?
3. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
4. What do the wardens do for counting prisoners?
5. Who is Milda?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)