|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 33, Five Steps by Three | Part I, Chapter 34, Major Weinstock's Twenty-Two Commandments.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Yefrem?
(a) A man who offers the prisoners some food when the truck is stopped.
(b) A secret police guard.
(c) A driver of the Black Maria.
(d) One of Ginzburg's former students.
2. Why does a Chinese prisoner laugh one day during head count?
(a) One prisoner is missing a leg and says he should only count as 1/2 a person.
(b) The warden trips over a threshold.
(c) One warden has trouble counting past twenty.
(d) One warden continually miscounts the prisoners.
3. What is Ginzburg's prison cell number at Yaroslavl?
4. What happens when the Chinese prisoner laughs?
(a) She is shot.
(b) She is whipped.
(c) The entire cell block erupts in laughter.
(d) She is put in solitary confinement.
5. What are the sounds in the middle of the night?
(a) No one knows.
(b) Screams from torturing going on.
(c) Old pipes rattling.
(d) The rats gnawing on the pallets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ginzburg's watch inaccurate?
2. Who is Milda?
3. What is significant about the date February 15, 1937?
4. What is returned to Ginzburg?
5. Why is Ginzburg sent home?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)