|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 33, Five Steps by Three | Part I, Chapter 34, Major Weinstock's Twenty-Two Commandments.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Milda?
(a) One of the female guards.
(b) A young, German opera singer.
(c) A prisoner who is in there because the family she worked for were arrested.
(d) An elderly Latvian woman.
2. What happens when Ginzburg exercises in her cell?
(a) She is told it is forbidden.
(b) She slips on the stone.
(c) She gets bad shin splints from the stone floor.
(d) She gets sick from breathing the moldy air.
3. Why is Ginzburg's watch inaccurate?
(a) Its battery is run down.
(b) The dampness of the prison has rusted it.
(c) It has not been wound since she entered prison.
(d) She forgot to wind it sometimes in prison and only guessed at the time when resetting it.
4. What does Ginzburg say is at the base of the walls in her cell?
(b) Names and dates sculpted on the stone.
(c) Blood stains.
(d) Mementos of previous prisoners.
5. What happens on Red Army Day?
(a) Ginzburg is tortured.
(b) Ginzburg is flogged.
(c) Ginzburg is taken into a different office and is given the soft approach.
(d) Ginzburg is released to go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
2. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
3. What are the sounds in the middle of the night?
4. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
5. How many hours a day is Ginzburg confined to her cell?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)