|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 33, Five Steps by Three | Part I, Chapter 34, Major Weinstock's Twenty-Two Commandments.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
(a) Forming a group to assassinate Stalin.
(b) Writing a condemnation of Trotsky.
(d) Denouncing her best friend.
2. What is significant about the date February 15, 1937?
(a) It is Ginzburg's birthday.
(b) It is Ginzburg's last day to teach.
(c) It is Ginzburg's wedding anniversary day.
(d) It is the day Ginzburg was imprisoned.
3. Why does a Chinese prisoner laugh one day during head count?
(a) One warden continually miscounts the prisoners.
(b) The warden trips over a threshold.
(c) One warden has trouble counting past twenty.
(d) One prisoner is missing a leg and says he should only count as 1/2 a person.
4. What does Milda encourage Ginzburg to do?
(a) To teach her to read.
(b) To stop up her ears with cotton.
(c) To rat on other prisoners.
(d) To sing when she wakes in the morning.
5. Why is Nina in prison?
(a) Her mother said negative things about Stalin.
(b) Her boyfriend is in a conspiracy group.
(c) Her brother denounced Stalin and Nina does not report him.
(d) For failing to denounce someone who denounces Stalin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ginzburg's prison cell number at Yaroslavl?
2. What does Ginzburg say is at the base of the walls in her cell?
3. What incenses Ginzburg about how her answers are recorded?
4. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
5. When is the worse time for Ginzburg at the prison?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)