|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 33, Five Steps by Three | Part I, Chapter 34, Major Weinstock's Twenty-Two Commandments.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
(a) In the Gulag.
(c) At his home.
(d) In the same cellar as Ginzburg.
2. When is the worse time for Ginzburg at the prison?
(a) As she is told to go back inside after being out.
(b) Upon waking.
(c) When it is pitch black at night.
(d) The house after supper before sleep.
3. What is Ginzburg's prison cell number at Yaroslavl?
4. What does Ginzburg say is at the base of the walls in her cell?
(b) Mementos of previous prisoners.
(c) Names and dates sculpted on the stone.
(d) Blood stains.
5. What do the wardens do for counting prisoners?
(a) They count pairs of feet.
(b) They count tin cups.
(c) They have each prisoner write his/her name on a piece of paper.
(d) They have the prisoners line up on their name in a hallway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Ginzburg exercises in her cell?
2. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
3. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
4. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
5. Why is Nina in prison?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)