|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 33, Five Steps by Three | Part I, Chapter 34, Major Weinstock's Twenty-Two Commandments.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Alyosha?
(a) Ginzburg's oldest son.
(b) The judge that sentences Ginzburg.
(c) Ginzburg's best friend who disappears.
(d) Ginzburg's brother who disappears.
2. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
(a) He has confessed to participating in a plot against Stalin.
(b) He has killed himself.
(c) He has said Ginzburg contacted him about killing another party member.
(d) He has confessed against Ginzburg.
3. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
(b) Forming a group to assassinate Stalin.
(c) Denouncing her best friend.
(d) Writing a condemnation of Trotsky.
4. What happens when Ginzburg exercises in her cell?
(a) She gets sick from breathing the moldy air.
(b) She is told it is forbidden.
(c) She gets bad shin splints from the stone floor.
(d) She slips on the stone.
5. What helps Ginzburg sleep?
(d) Composing mental poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the worse time for Ginzburg at the prison?
2. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
3. Why is Ginzburg sent home?
4. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
5. What are the sounds in the middle of the night?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)