|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 33, Five Steps by Three | Part I, Chapter 34, Major Weinstock's Twenty-Two Commandments.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ginzburg sent home?
(a) The charges against her were dropped.
(b) To settle her personal affairs.
(c) To await her sentence.
(d) The charges were held in abeyance.
2. What happens when Ginzburg exercises in her cell?
(a) She gets bad shin splints from the stone floor.
(b) She gets sick from breathing the moldy air.
(c) She slips on the stone.
(d) She is told it is forbidden.
3. Why is Nina in prison?
(a) Her mother said negative things about Stalin.
(b) Her boyfriend is in a conspiracy group.
(c) For failing to denounce someone who denounces Stalin.
(d) Her brother denounced Stalin and Nina does not report him.
4. What is significant about the date February 15, 1937?
(a) It is the day Ginzburg was imprisoned.
(b) It is Ginzburg's wedding anniversary day.
(c) It is Ginzburg's last day to teach.
(d) It is Ginzburg's birthday.
5. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
(a) He has said Ginzburg contacted him about killing another party member.
(b) He has confessed against Ginzburg.
(c) He has confessed to participating in a plot against Stalin.
(d) He has killed himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
2. What do the wardens do for counting prisoners?
3. What is returned to Ginzburg?
4. What is Ginzburg's prison cell number at Yaroslavl?
5. Who is Yefrem?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)