|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 33, Five Steps by Three | Part I, Chapter 34, Major Weinstock's Twenty-Two Commandments.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ginzburg's prison cell number at Yaroslavl?
2. Why does a Chinese prisoner laugh one day during head count?
(a) The warden trips over a threshold.
(b) One warden has trouble counting past twenty.
(c) One warden continually miscounts the prisoners.
(d) One prisoner is missing a leg and says he should only count as 1/2 a person.
3. What happens when Ginzburg exercises in her cell?
(a) She is told it is forbidden.
(b) She gets bad shin splints from the stone floor.
(c) She gets sick from breathing the moldy air.
(d) She slips on the stone.
4. What do the wardens do for counting prisoners?
(a) They have each prisoner write his/her name on a piece of paper.
(b) They have the prisoners line up on their name in a hallway.
(c) They count tin cups.
(d) They count pairs of feet.
5. What helps Ginzburg sleep?
(c) Composing mental poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ginzburg's watch inaccurate?
2. What happens when the Chinese prisoner laughs?
3. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
4. How many hours a day is Ginzburg confined to her cell?
5. What does Ginzburg say is at the base of the walls in her cell?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)