|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 45, The End of the Monstrous Dwarf | Part I, Chapter 46, Great Expectations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sagidullin think is the reason for the current purge?
(a) To trim the party, which had stopped being such an elite organization.
(b) To kill off anyone that might challenge Stalin.
(c) To get Stalin's cronies into all the important positions in the government.
(d) There does not seem to be a reason for it.
2. Who is the latest of the higher members of the Party to be imprisoned?
3. What form of communications does Ginzburg learn?
(b) Number codes.
(c) Knocking on walls.
(d) A form of shorthand.
4. Why does Ginzburg try to clean up herself?
(a) Her husband is allowed to visit.
(b) Her defense lawyer is going to talk to her.
(c) Her trial will be soon.
(d) Her mother is allowed to visit.
5. What happens after a period of regular interrogations?
(a) Ginzburg is physically abused.
(b) Ginzburg is shown her son being interrogated.
(c) Ginzburg is made to stay awake.
(d) The interrogations stop.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Ginzburg's trial last?
2. What eventually happens to Sagidullin?
3. About what does Julia become optimistic?
4. How is Ginzburg's new prison described?
5. Why is Ginzburg happy after her trial?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)