|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 45, The End of the Monstrous Dwarf | Part I, Chapter 46, Great Expectations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ginzburg try to clean up herself?
(a) Her husband is allowed to visit.
(b) Her defense lawyer is going to talk to her.
(c) Her mother is allowed to visit.
(d) Her trial will be soon.
2. Who is Garey Sagidullin?
(a) A janitor.
(b) An old professor.
(c) A prison guard.
(d) An interrogator.
3. What form of communications does Ginzburg learn?
(b) Number codes.
(c) Knocking on walls.
(d) A form of shorthand.
4. What has Ginzburg heard is an indication she is about to be shot?
(a) She is given all her possesions back.
(b) She is put into a single cell with a real bed.
(c) She is made to sign papers that she is not allowed to read.
(d) The nicer the prison the more likely one is to die soon.
5. What eventually happens to Sagidullin?
(a) He is sentenced to death, which is commuted to life in prison.
(b) He is released.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is sent to Sibera for six years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sagidullin think is the reason for the current purge?
2. Who apologizes to Ginzburg?
3. What do Ginzburg and Julia see in the courtyard where they are walking?
4. About what does Julia become optimistic?
5. How long does Ginzburg's trial last?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)