|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 45, The End of the Monstrous Dwarf | Part I, Chapter 46, Great Expectations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sagidullin think is the reason for the current purge?
(a) There does not seem to be a reason for it.
(b) To trim the party, which had stopped being such an elite organization.
(c) To kill off anyone that might challenge Stalin.
(d) To get Stalin's cronies into all the important positions in the government.
2. Why does Ginzburg try to clean up herself?
(a) Her mother is allowed to visit.
(b) Her husband is allowed to visit.
(c) Her trial will be soon.
(d) Her defense lawyer is going to talk to her.
3. What do Ginzburg and Julia see in the courtyard where they are walking?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A snake.
(c) A flower.
(d) A cat.
4. About what does Julia become optimistic?
(a) The new prison Governor would be more benevolent.
(b) Her husband would get permission to visit her.
(c) She and Ginzburg would be transferred to a more humane prison.
(d) They would be released soon.
5. What has Ginzburg heard is an indication she is about to be shot?
(a) The nicer the prison the more likely one is to die soon.
(b) She is made to sign papers that she is not allowed to read.
(c) She is given all her possesions back.
(d) She is put into a single cell with a real bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the latest of the higher members of the Party to be imprisoned?
2. What form of communications does Ginzburg learn?
3. What eventually happens to Sagidullin?
4. What happens after a period of regular interrogations?
5. Who apologizes to Ginzburg?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)