|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 45, The End of the Monstrous Dwarf | Part I, Chapter 46, Great Expectations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Garey Sagidullin?
(a) An old professor.
(b) A janitor.
(c) A prison guard.
(d) An interrogator.
2. About what does Julia become optimistic?
(a) Her husband would get permission to visit her.
(b) They would be released soon.
(c) She and Ginzburg would be transferred to a more humane prison.
(d) The new prison Governor would be more benevolent.
3. How long does Ginzburg's trial last?
(a) 18 hours.
(b) 10 hours.
(c) Several days.
(d) 7 minutes.
4. What has Ginzburg heard is an indication she is about to be shot?
(a) She is put into a single cell with a real bed.
(b) She is given all her possesions back.
(c) She is made to sign papers that she is not allowed to read.
(d) The nicer the prison the more likely one is to die soon.
5. What happens after a period of regular interrogations?
(a) The interrogations stop.
(b) Ginzburg is physically abused.
(c) Ginzburg is shown her son being interrogated.
(d) Ginzburg is made to stay awake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Yezhov?
2. How is Ginzburg's new prison described?
3. Who is the latest of the higher members of the Party to be imprisoned?
4. To what does Ginzburg attribute her inability to distinguish one day from the next in the following year?
5. What eventually happens to Sagidullin?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)