|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 45, The End of the Monstrous Dwarf | Part I, Chapter 46, Great Expectations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Garey Sagidullin?
(a) A janitor.
(b) An old professor.
(c) A prison guard.
(d) An interrogator.
2. About what does Julia become optimistic?
(a) The new prison Governor would be more benevolent.
(b) They would be released soon.
(c) She and Ginzburg would be transferred to a more humane prison.
(d) Her husband would get permission to visit her.
3. What form of communications does Ginzburg learn?
(b) Knocking on walls.
(c) Number codes.
(d) A form of shorthand.
4. Why is Ginzburg happy after her trial?
(a) She receives three years but is allowed to serve in her home town.
(b) She is not to be executed.
(c) She is only given two years.
(d) She is released for time served.
5. What do Ginzburg and Julia see in the courtyard where they are walking?
(a) A flower.
(b) A snake.
(c) A cat.
(d) A turtle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ginzburg heard is an indication she is about to be shot?
2. How is Ginzburg's new prison described?
3. What does Sagidullin think is the reason for the current purge?
4. How long does Ginzburg's trial last?
5. To what does Ginzburg attribute her inability to distinguish one day from the next in the following year?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)