|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 45, The End of the Monstrous Dwarf | Part I, Chapter 46, Great Expectations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What eventually happens to Sagidullin?
(a) He is released.
(b) He is sent to Sibera for six years.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is sentenced to death, which is commuted to life in prison.
2. What does Sagidullin think is the reason for the current purge?
(a) There does not seem to be a reason for it.
(b) To get Stalin's cronies into all the important positions in the government.
(c) To trim the party, which had stopped being such an elite organization.
(d) To kill off anyone that might challenge Stalin.
3. What happens to what they see?
(a) A hawk grabs it.
(b) A guard destroys it.
(c) It falls through the drain.
(d) A guard kills it.
4. Why is Ginzburg happy after her trial?
(a) She is released for time served.
(b) She is not to be executed.
(c) She is only given two years.
(d) She receives three years but is allowed to serve in her home town.
5. How is Ginzburg's new prison described?
(b) Newly built.
(c) Noisy and filthy.
(d) Clean and quiet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the latest of the higher members of the Party to be imprisoned?
2. What has Ginzburg heard is an indication she is about to be shot?
3. Why does Ginzburg try to clean up herself?
4. What happens after a period of regular interrogations?
5. What do Ginzburg and Julia see in the courtyard where they are walking?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)