|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 45, The End of the Monstrous Dwarf | Part I, Chapter 46, Great Expectations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sagidullin think is the reason for the current purge?
(a) To trim the party, which had stopped being such an elite organization.
(b) To get Stalin's cronies into all the important positions in the government.
(c) To kill off anyone that might challenge Stalin.
(d) There does not seem to be a reason for it.
2. About what does Julia become optimistic?
(a) She and Ginzburg would be transferred to a more humane prison.
(b) The new prison Governor would be more benevolent.
(c) They would be released soon.
(d) Her husband would get permission to visit her.
3. Why does Ginzburg try to clean up herself?
(a) Her defense lawyer is going to talk to her.
(b) Her trial will be soon.
(c) Her husband is allowed to visit.
(d) Her mother is allowed to visit.
4. Who is the latest of the higher members of the Party to be imprisoned?
5. To what does Ginzburg attribute her inability to distinguish one day from the next in the following year?
(a) The depressing atmosphere.
(b) The lack of clean air and being ill.
(c) Her state of mind.
(d) Her instinct to survive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ginzburg heard is an indication she is about to be shot?
2. What happens after a period of regular interrogations?
3. How long does Ginzburg's trial last?
4. What do Ginzburg and Julia see in the courtyard where they are walking?
5. Who apologizes to Ginzburg?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)