Part I, Chapter 1, A Telephone Call at Dawn | Part I, Chapter 2, The Red-Haired Professor
1. In what year does Professor Elvov visit Ginzburg?
2. To what series of books has Elvov contributed an article?
(a) A series on the history of the Communist Party.
(b) A series on the fall of Czar Nicholas II.
(c) A series on the famous painters of Russia.
(d) A series on the famous writers of Russia.
3. How does Stalin label sections of the book that Elvov writes?
(c) Very accurate.
(d) Full of errors.
4. How old is Elvov when he visits Ginzburg?
5. Why is Elvov apologizing to Ginzburg?
(a) Her association with him may be costly to her.
(b) He is inaccurate in a quote from her.
(c) He is unable to help her identify two anonymous Stalin spies.
(d) He misunderstood one of her articles and cut it from the series.
6. Why do many people believe they are safe from arrest?
(a) They teach in very remote areas.
(b) They have been given medals from Stalin.
(c) They are loyal party members.
(d) They are not active in politics.
This section contains 4,971 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)