Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Part 1 Abstract
* The Breakfast Flock of 1000 seagulls surrounds a fishing boat.
* Jonathan Livingston Seagull practices flying slowly away from the others.
* Jonathan wants to learn about flying, rather than flying as just a way to get food.
* Jonathan continues to practice and to fail in his efforts.
* Jonathan hears a voice in his head and decides...
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)