|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Johnny say should not be treated like cordwood?
2. Why does Paul Revere refuse to confide in Doctor Church?
(a) Church is caught stealing.
(b) Revere doesn't trust Church.
(c) Church is a spy.
(d) Church is not a member of the inner circle.
3. What do the children chant after the war begins?
(a) School's done. The war's begun.
(c) Fee Fi Fo Fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman.
(d) God bless America.
4. What happens when Johnny goes to the Silsbee farm?
(a) The British have arrested Rab's grandfather.
(b) Nobody is there.
(c) Rab's grandfather invites Johnny in for a meal.
(d) The farm has been burned down.
5. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Lorne hide out?
(c) Post office.
(d) Carriage house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What objects were used to warn the colonists of the oncoming British?
2. Where did the British decide to go?
3. Which weapon most interests Rab?
4. Where do the spies meet in secret?
5. Where does Johnny go to search for Dr. Warren and Rab?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Johnny change his appearance in Chapter 12? Why?
2. What exchange does Johnny make with Pumpkin in Chapter 9?
3. Why would it be helpful to know where the British troops are going?
4. Why does Pumpkin want to desert the British military? How does he attempt to do so?
5. How do the British attempt to find information regarding the Observers?
6. What is the fiddler’s bill and what does it mean for the people of Boston?
7. What does Johnny discover from the torn pieces of letters that Lydia gives him?
8. What does Johnny learn from the tavern-keeper in Chapter 12?
9. Why isn't Johnny punished for treason for helping the British?
10. How are the actions of the British referred to as tyrannical in Chapter 7?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)