|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Johnny goes to the Silsbee farm?
(a) The farm has been burned down
(b) Nobody is there
(c) The British have arrested Rab's grandfather
(d) Rab's grandfather invites Johnny in for a meal
2. Where does Johnny go to watch the ships coming into the harbor?
(a) Independence Hall
(b) Bunker Hill
(c) Christ Church tower
(d) Beacon Hill
3. Who is executed for desertion?
(c) Sergeant Gale
(d) Captain Smith
4. How did the Minute Men get their name?
(a) The group uses the town clock as a signal
(b) They have to be ready in a minute
(c) The group consists of clock makers
(d) They have had no more than a minute's training
5. On whose home are the Sons of Liberty preparing to cause trouble?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gage call training for the troops?
2. Why does Paul Revere refuse to confide in Doctor Church?
3. What do the children chant after the war begins?
4. Who are the only civilians allowed near the ferry slip in North Boston?
5. Who helps Johnny escape from being flogged?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Johnny feel when Pumpkin was executed?
2. Why did the Observers continue to meet even though it was dangerous?
3. Why did the Observers believe that war was inevitable?
4. How did Johnny's relationship with Rab affect Johnny's part in the revolution?
5. Why isn't Johnny punished for treason for helping the British?
6. How do the British retaliate for the lost tea?
7. Why were the soldiers running so late in leaving Boston?
8. Why is the Lyte Bible important to Johnny?
9. Why would Pumpkin save Johnny?
10. Why is it important to spread the news of the Battle of Lexington before the British find out?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)