|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What objects were used to warn the colonists of the oncoming British?
2. What disguise does Johnny use to gain information?
(a) British private
(c) Stable hand
3. Who is a member of the Provincial Congress?
(a) Joseph Warren
(b) Jonathon Lyte
(c) Benjamin Franklin
(d) John Adams
4. What inspired the Observers to institute a spy system?
(a) Several horses go missing
(b) The Redcoats stole their ammunition
(c) To attempt to rob couriers
(d) A surprise attack at Breed's Hill
5. Where is the location of the Lytes' country home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the first battle held?
2. Which weapon most interests Rab?
3. Who is in command of the farmer-soldiers?
4. On whose home are the Sons of Liberty preparing to cause trouble?
5. Who ends up marrying Mr. Tweedie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Pumpkin want to desert the British military?
2. Why did the colonists choose to hang lanterns in the North Church tower?
3. Why were the soldiers running so late in leaving Boston?
4. How is Johnny able to help the spies gain information from the British?
5. Why would the British want to commandeer horses belonging to somebody else?
6. Why did the Observers believe that war was inevitable?
7. How might the soldiers have felt marching toward Lexington?
8. Why would it be helpful to know where the British troops were going?
9. Why is the Lyte Bible important to Johnny?
10. Explain how Johnny felt when he couldn't find anyone at the Silsbee farm.
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)