|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Lytes go when they flee from Boston?
2. Where is the location of the Lytes' country home?
3. What does Johnny find in the Lyte Bible?
(a) Gold coins
(b) Family history
(c) Deed to the Lyte mansion
(d) A letter from his mother
4. How were Lavinia Lyte and Johnny's mother related?
(a) Aunt and niece
(b) They were not related
5. Where do the spies meet in secret?
(a) The Green Dragon
(b) Bunch of Grapes
(c) King's Coffee House
(d) Boston Observer
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Madge fall in love?
2. What punishment is served on the middleman who tries to sell Rab a gun?
3. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Lorne hide out?
4. Which horse is not used by Colonel Smith?
5. Where does Johnny go to see the British troops retreating to Boston?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the British surprised at the fortitude of the Minute Men?
2. Why did Pumpkin want to desert the British military?
3. Why would it be helpful to know where the British troops were going?
4. How did Johnny feel when Pumpkin was executed?
5. How is Johnny able to help the spies gain information from the British?
6. Why do the colonists dump the tea into Boston Harbor?
7. Why are the British soldiers angry when they find that the colonist leaders are gone?
8. Why did the British leave Lexington after the confrontation on the North Bridge?
9. Why is the Lyte Bible important to Johnny?
10. How might the soldiers have felt marching toward Lexington?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)