|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the British decide to go?
(a) Lexington and Concord
(c) Breed's Hill
2. Who helps Johnny escape from being flogged?
3. Where is the first battle held?
(b) Beacon Hill
(d) Silsbee Cove
4. What does Johnny find in the Lyte Bible?
(a) A letter from his mother
(b) Deed to the Lyte mansion
(c) Gold coins
(d) Family history
5. Johnny is angered by whose skimpy costume?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Lorne hide?
2. The spy system is comprised of thirty men in what type of trade?
3. What objects were used to warn the colonists of the oncoming British?
4. Which horse is not used by Colonel Smith?
5. What item do Cilla and Johnny retrieve from the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the British surprised at the fortitude of the Minute Men?
2. Why is it important to spread the news of the Battle of Lexington before the British find out?
3. Why did Pumpkin want to desert the British military?
4. Why would it be helpful to know where the British troops were going?
5. Explain how Johnny felt when he couldn't find anyone at the Silsbee farm.
6. Why does Mrs. Lapham marry Mr. Tweedie?
7. Why is Johnny upset when Rab says he is leaving Boston?
8. Why did the British leave Lexington after the confrontation on the North Bridge?
9. How do the British retaliate for the lost tea?
10. Why are the British soldiers angry when they find that the colonist leaders are gone?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)