|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paul Revere refuse to confide in Doctor Church?
(a) Church is a spy.
(b) Church is caught stealing.
(c) Church is not a member of the inner circle.
(d) Revere doesn't trust Church.
2. Johnny is angered by whose skimpy costume in Chapter 7?
3. What does Johnny give in return for a uniform and gun?
(a) Silver knife.
(b) Hiding place.
4. What location did the colonists look to for a sign?
(a) Faneuil Hall.
(b) North Church tower.
(c) Boston Harbor.
(d) Bunker Hill.
5. Where do the Lytes go when they flee from Boston?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ends up marrying Mr. Tweedie?
2. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Lorne hide out?
3. What is the Fiddler's Bill?
4. Who continues to publish the Observer?
5. What was the key word that could be used to make Goblin jump?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Johnny go to the Lytes’ home in Chapter 11? Does he achieve his objective there?
2. How are the actions of the British referred to as tyrannical in Chapter 7?
3. What does Johnny discover from the torn pieces of letters that Lydia gives him?
4. What does Johnny learn from the tavern-keeper in Chapter 12?
5. Why do the Colonists choose to hang lanterns in the North Church tower? What are the lanterns used for?
6. What does Doctor Warren tell Johnny to say to Billy Dawes in Chapter 10? Why?
7. What is the fiddler’s bill and what does it mean for the people of Boston?
8. What does the apple given to Johnny symbolize in Chapter 8?
9. Who has married in Chapter 8? How are these relationships described?
10. Why would it be helpful to know where the British troops are going?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)