|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item do Cilla and Johnny retrieve from the house?
(b) Family portaits.
2. Which British officer tries to make friends with the people of Boston?
(a) Sergeant Gale.
(b) General Gage.
(c) Lieutenant Stranger.
(d) Captain Smith.
3. Who is executed for desertion?
(b) Captain Smith.
(c) Sergeant Gale.
4. What is the ratio of the British to American soldiers at the first battle?
5. What is Isannah's nickname?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Johnny go to watch the ships coming into the harbor?
2. What was the key word that could be used to make Goblin jump?
3. Who sails off to London with the Lytes?
4. What is John Adams's occupation?
5. Who does Paul Revere warn about the fighting at Lexington?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the fiddler’s bill and what does it mean for the people of Boston?
2. How does Johnny help the spies gain information from the British in Chapter 9?
3. What does Johnny learn from the tavern-keeper in Chapter 12?
4. What does Johnny find at the Lytes’ home in Chapter 11?
5. How is the Battle of Lexington described? Where do the troops go after this battle?
6. What does the apple given to Johnny symbolize in Chapter 8?
7. Why does Pumpkin want to desert the British military? How does he attempt to do so?
8. Who has married in Chapter 8? How are these relationships described?
9. How are the actions of the British referred to as tyrannical in Chapter 7?
10. Why does Johnny go to the Lytes’ home in Chapter 11? Does he achieve his objective there?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)