|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what part of England did Jonathon Lyte's family come?
2. Which trade was not mentioned by Mr. Lapham in regards to Johnny's possible new job?
3. What symbol was engraved on Rab's medallion?
(a) Tree of Liberty
(b) American flag
(c) Union Jack
4. In what city does the main story take place?
(b) Washington, DC
5. Who teaches Johnny to ride?
(b) Paul Revere
(c) Lavinia Lyte
Short Answer Questions
1. Rab's medal of a tree represents what secret society?
2. Where was Johnny born?
3. Why is it important that Johnny learn to ride?
4. What is Rab's last name?
5. Who represents Johnny at trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. What Mrs. Lapham's responsibilities?
2. Why was Johnny so upset with Isannah when she recoiled from his touch?
3. Why would Dove choose to give Johnny a cracked crucible?
4. Why did Mr. Lyte have Johnny arrested?
5. Why is Mr. Lapham reluctant to allow Johnny to finish the piece for John Hancock?
6. Why does Johnny ignore Rab's warnings about Mr. Lyte?
7. Why did the Laphams threaten to lock up Cilla?
8. What excuse does Dove give to Mrs. Lapham for handing Johnny the cracked crucible?
9. Why does Uncle Lorne hire Johnny?
10. What is the big change in Johnny's reaction to the world around him?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)