|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Johnny want for the silver cup?
(a) Twenty dollars
(b) Thirty-five shillings
(c) Sixty pence
(d) Twenty pounds
2. What item is being delivered by the British?
3. What event is prompted by the arrival of British ships in the harbor?
(a) Battle of Lexington and Concord
(b) Bunker Hill
(c) Washington crossing the Delaware
(d) Boston Tea Party
4. Who represents Johnny at trial?
(a) John Hancock
(b) John Adams
(c) Josiah Quincy
(d) Mr. Lapham
5. What is the name of the preacher turned politician?
Short Answer Questions
1. What should have been repealed before anything was imported from England?
2. On which street does Sam Adams live?
3. What caused Johnny's accident?
4. Why does Johnny have to finish the project in secret?
5. Who is responsible for Johnny's accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jonathon Lyte's attitude upon meeting Johnny.
2. What excuse does Dove give to Mrs. Lapham for handing Johnny the cracked crucible?
3. Why is Mr. Lapham reluctant to allow Johnny to finish the piece for John Hancock?
4. Why does Uncle Lorne hire Johnny?
5. Why does Johnny criticize Dove's work?
6. Why is Johnny so secretive about the silver cup?
7. Why did the Laphams threaten to lock up Cilla?
8. What is meant by taxation without representation?
9. In the story, what is the main difference between the Whigs and the Tories?
10. Why does Mr. Lapham hesitate about accepting the job from John Hancock?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)