|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which street does Sam Adams live?
(a) Governor's Row
(b) Beacon Street
(c) Salt Lane
(d) Purchase Street
2. What did Mrs. Lapham use on Johnny's burn?
(c) Bread poultice
(d) Lemon juice
3. To whom is Johnny related?
(a) Mr. Lapham
(b) John Hancock
(d) Jonathon Lyte
4. What item does Hancock order from the silversmith?
(a) Chafing dish
(c) Sugar bowl
5. Which of these books did Johnny not read?
(a) Common Sense
(b) Tom Jones
(c) Robinson Crusoe
(d) Paradise Lost
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Johnny and the Lapham girls refer to Tweedie?
2. How does Johnny prove to Merchant Lyte that they are related?
3. What was the name of John Hancock's slave?
4. Which of these traits does not describe Johnny when he was looking for a job?
5. What was Rab's job at the newspaper?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mr. Lapham able to do business when he is so forgetful?
2. If John Hancock was impressed with Johnny, why wasn't Johnny hired?
3. Why are Johnny and Rab not allowed to attend the Observer meeting?
4. Why did Johnny go to the cemetery?
5. Why does Johnny go to Paul Revere for advice?
6. What Mrs. Lapham's responsibilities?
7. Explain the scheme by which the Observers were notified of their meeting time.
8. Why is Johnny so secretive about the silver cup?
9. What allows Johnny to overcome his fear of Goblin?
10. What is meant by taxation without representation?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)