|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the area where most of the shops are located?
(a) Boston Common
(b) Beacon Hill
(c) Hancock's Wharf
(d) Quincy Market
2. What should have been repealed before anything was imported from England?
(a) Shipping and handling
(b) King's luxury tax
(c) Taxation bill
(d) Stamp Act
3. What item does Hancock order from the silversmith?
(a) Sugar bowl
(b) Chafing dish
4. To whom is Johnny related?
(b) Mr. Lapham
(c) John Hancock
(d) Jonathon Lyte
5. To whom does Johnny go to for advice about his silversmithing problems?
(a) John Hancock
(b) Paul Revere
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it important that Johnny learn to ride?
2. On which street was the Boston Observer located?
3. What was Rab's job at the newspaper?
4. What incentive do Dove and Dusty have for delivering the basin to John Hancock?
5. What event is prompted by the arrival of British ships in the harbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Johnny ignore Rab's warnings about Mr. Lyte?
2. Why is the silver cup important to Lyte?
3. Why did Johnny go to the cemetery?
4. In the story, what is the main difference between the Whigs and the Tories?
5. What allows Johnny to overcome his fear of Goblin?
6. Why did the Laphams threaten to lock up Cilla?
7. What Mrs. Lapham's responsibilities?
8. Why is Mr. Lapham reluctant to allow Johnny to finish the piece for John Hancock?
9. How is Mr. Lapham able to do business when he is so forgetful?
10. Why did Mr. Lyte have witnesses to say that Johnny returned the cup?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)