|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Johnny's punishment for stealing the silver cup?
(a) Indentured servitude to Merchant Lyte
(b) Nothing, he was acquitted.
(c) Johnny had to pay a fine
(d) Three days in the stocks
2. Which trade was not mentioned by Mr. Lapham in regards to Johnny's possible new job?
3. Which of these is not a tavern in Boston?
(a) Afric Queen
(b) King's Coffee House
(c) Bunch of Grapes
(d) Adams' Ale
4. How are Mr. and Mrs. Lapham related?
(c) They're not related
5. What ruse is used to notify Observers of the meeting time?
(a) Cost of newspaper subscription
(b) Number of horses marched through Boston Common
(c) Time on the "broken" clock tower
(d) Number of dinghys in the harbor
Short Answer Questions
1. What's the name of Jonathon Lyte's daughter?
2. Who had the silver cups made?
3. What is the name of the missing pig?
4. When does the Boston Tea Party take place?
5. To whom does Johnny go to for advice about his silversmithing problems?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Laphams threaten to lock up Cilla?
2. Why was Cilla important to Johnny's case?
3. Why does Sam Adams approach Mr. Lorne?
4. How is Mr. Lapham able to do business when he is so forgetful?
5. Why does Johnny criticize Dove's work?
6. What was Mrs. Lapham's motivation for taking on Mr. Tweedie?
7. Describe Jonathon Lyte's attitude upon meeting Johnny.
8. Why does Mr. Lapham hesitate about accepting the job from John Hancock?
9. Why is Mr. Lapham reluctant to allow Johnny to finish the piece for John Hancock?
10. What changes Johnny's perception of the laid-back attitude of Rab?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)