|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of the Observers goes crazy?
2. Why do the Observers have to maintain anonymity?
(a) Having their identities known would hurt their businesses
(b) They could be executed for treason
(c) They would have to stand trial
(d) They would be sent back to England
3. In which Maine town did Johnny live with his mother?
(a) Castle Rock
4. What was the name of John Hancock's slave?
5. How much does Johnny want for the silver cup?
(a) Thirty-five shillings
(b) Sixty pence
(c) Twenty pounds
(d) Twenty dollars
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the horse Johnny rode?
2. Who offers to hire Johnny away from Mr. Lapham?
3. To which church does Mr. Lapham belong?
4. What makes Mrs. Lapham change her mind about Cilla going to court?
5. What is the name of the preacher turned politician?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the British retaliate for the lost tea?
2. Why does Mr. Lapham tell Johnny to find a new job?
3. In the story, what is the main difference between the Whigs and the Tories?
4. In whom does Johnny confide?
5. Why does Johnny criticize Dove's work?
6. Why would Dove choose to give Johnny a cracked crucible?
7. Why was Cilla important to Johnny's case?
8. What allows Johnny to overcome his fear of Goblin?
9. Why did Mr. Lyte have witnesses to say that Johnny returned the cup?
10. Why were the soldiers running so late in leaving Boston?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)