|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did not testify at Johnny's trial?
(a) Jonathon Lyte
2. What item did Johnny lack when trying to create Hancock's order?
(b) Willow charcoal
(d) Fireplace matches
3. Why does John Hancock scold Johnny?
(a) For telling secrets to the British
(b) For lying
(c) For taking silver coins from his slave
(d) For not being able to write
4. What was Johnny's mother's occupation?
5. What does Johnny NOT do at the Lorne house?
(b) Shoe horses
(c) Deliver papers
(d) Read books
Short Answer Questions
1. On which street was the Boston Observer located?
2. What item is being delivered by the British?
3. What word was NOT used to describe Dove?
4. How much does Johnny want for the silver cup?
5. Who hires Johnny?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Lapham tell Johnny to find a new job?
2. Why are Johnny and Rab not allowed to attend the Observer meeting?
3. In the story, what is the main difference between the Whigs and the Tories?
4. Why does Mr. Lapham hesitate about accepting the job from John Hancock?
5. Why is Johnny so secretive about the silver cup?
6. Why does Johnny ignore Rab's warnings about Mr. Lyte?
7. Why did Mr. Lyte have witnesses to say that Johnny returned the cup?
8. In whom does Johnny confide?
9. Why was Cilla important to Johnny's case?
10. How is Mr. Lapham able to do business when he is so forgetful?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)