|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Johnny prove to Merchant Lyte that they are related?
(a) Johnny produces the family Bible
(b) Johnny's mother tells Lyte
(c) By showing the silver cup
(d) Lyte sees Johnny's birth certificate
2. How many Saturdays per month did Johnny have off from work?
3. What is Johnny's middle name?
4. What is the name of the governor?
5. What item is being delivered by the British?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which church does Mr. Lapham belong?
2. How much does Johnny want for the silver cup?
3. What is the surname of the twins that were being bullied by the butcher's son?
4. What caused Johnny's accident?
5. Why is it important that Johnny learn to ride?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Cilla important to Johnny's case?
2. Why did Johnny go to the cemetery?
3. Why was Johnny so upset with Isannah when she recoiled from his touch?
4. What is meant by taxation without representation?
5. What changes Johnny's perception of the laid-back attitude of Rab?
6. How is Mr. Lapham able to do business when he is so forgetful?
7. In the story, what is the main difference between the Whigs and the Tories?
8. If John Hancock was impressed with Johnny, why wasn't Johnny hired?
9. Why did the Laphams threaten to lock up Cilla?
10. Why did Mr. Lyte have Johnny arrested?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)