|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbol was engraved on Rab's medallion?
(a) Union Jack
(b) Tree of Liberty
(d) American flag
2. What does Johnny use to create models for the silver work?
(a) Silver scraps
3. How old is Dusty Miller?
4. What is the name of the room in which Johnny stayed at the Laphams?
(a) Birth and death
(b) Harmony and happiness
(c) Rash and fever
5. Who alerts Johnny and Rab to the approach of the British ships?
(a) Sam Adams
(b) Josiah Quincy
(c) Paul Revere
(d) John Hancock
Short Answer Questions
1. What item did Johnny lack when trying to create Hancock's order?
2. What was the name of Rab's family farm?
3. What makes Mrs. Lapham change her mind about Cilla going to court?
4. What was the name of John Hancock's slave?
5. What is Rab Silsbee's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the colonists choose to hang lanterns in the North Church tower?
2. Why does Uncle Lorne hire Johnny?
3. If John Hancock was impressed with Johnny, why wasn't Johnny hired?
4. Why is it important to spread the news of the Battle of Lexington before the British find out?
5. Why would Pumpkin save Johnny?
6. Why did the British leave Lexington after the confrontation on the North Bridge?
7. In the story, what is the main difference between the Whigs and the Tories?
8. Why is Johnny so secretive about the silver cup?
9. What changes Johnny's perception of the laid-back attitude of Rab?
10. Why do the colonists dump the tea into Boston Harbor?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)