|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many members of the Observers are there?
2. How does Johnny prove to Merchant Lyte that they are related?
(a) By showing the silver cup
(b) Johnny's mother tells Lyte
(c) Johnny produces the family Bible
(d) Lyte sees Johnny's birth certificate
3. Who does Johnny confide in about his most prized possession?
(c) Mrs. Lapham
4. Which member of the Observers goes crazy?
5. How are Mr. and Mrs. Lapham related?
(d) They're not related
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Observers meet?
2. Which one of these is not a doctor involved in the cause?
3. What is the name of the stables?
4. What incentive do Dove and Dusty have for delivering the basin to John Hancock?
5. Which of these books did Johnny not read?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Johnny refuse to work at unskilled jobs?
2. Why is setting type for the newspaper so difficult?
3. Why does Dove dislike Johnny?
4. Why does Mr. Lapham tell Johnny to find a new job?
5. Why did the Laphams threaten to lock up Cilla?
6. Why does Johnny go to Paul Revere for advice?
7. Why did Mr. Lyte have Johnny arrested?
8. What is the big change in Johnny's reaction to the world around him?
9. What is meant by taxation without representation?
10. Why would Dove choose to give Johnny a cracked crucible?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)