|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Rab's job at the newspaper?
2. What present does Johnny buy for Isannah?
(a) Hair ribbons.
(d) Writing paper.
3. What is the name of Lyte's clerk?
4. Who teaches Johnny to ride a horse?
(a) Paul Revere.
(b) Lavinia Lyte.
5. What is the name of the room in which Johnny stayed at the Laphams?
(a) Rash and fever.
(c) Harmony and happiness.
(d) Birth and death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is responsible for Johnny's accident?
2. Who is buried in the grave on which Johnny falls asleep?
3. How does Johnny prove to Merchant Lyte that they are related?
4. On which street does Sam Adams live?
5. What do the colonists find unfair about Parliament?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Johnny’s mother warned him about Mr. Lyte? Why does Johnny ignore the warnings?
2. What is Mrs. Lapham's motivation for taking on Mr. Tweedie? Where is Mr. Tweetie from and what does he do for a living?
3. Why does Mr. Lapham tell Johnny to find a new job? How does this impact Johnny?
4. What do the placards the Sam Adams has printed say?
5. Why does John Adams leave on horseback in the end of Chapter 6? Where is he going?
6. How are the Lapham daughters described in Chapter 1? Who is Johnny most attracted to and why?
7. How does Mr. Lyte respond to Johnny’s visit and his story?
8. What is meant by taxation without representation?
9. What are Mrs. Lapham's responsibilities? How many children does she have and what concerns her about her children?
10. Why does Johnny go to Paul Revere for advice? How does Revere advice Johnny?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)