|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of the Observers goes crazy?
2. What creature is Isannah compared to by Johnny?
3. What item is NOT used in silversmithing?
4. Who alerts Johnny and Rab to the approach of the British ships?
(a) John Hancock
(b) Sam Adams
(c) Josiah Quincy
(d) Paul Revere
5. Why does Johnny leave the Lapham house?
(a) Johnny is caught stealing
(b) Johnny and Mr. Lapham have an argument
(c) Johnny fights with Mrs. Lapham's daughters
(d) He has to find a new job
Short Answer Questions
1. What item is used to stoke a furnace?
2. What is Rab's last name?
3. How many members of the Observers are there?
4. What incentive do Dove and Dusty have for delivering the basin to John Hancock?
5. What does Johnny use to create models for the silver work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Johnny spend his money on presents for Cilla and Isannah?
2. Why is Mr. Lapham reluctant to allow Johnny to finish the piece for John Hancock?
3. Why does Johnny refuse to work at unskilled jobs?
4. What is the big change in Johnny's reaction to the world around him?
5. Why does Mr. Lapham hesitate about accepting the job from John Hancock?
6. What Mrs. Lapham's responsibilities?
7. Why would Dove choose to give Johnny a cracked crucible?
8. What changes Johnny's perception of the laid-back attitude of Rab?
9. Why is setting type for the newspaper so difficult?
10. Why was Johnny so upset with Isannah when she recoiled from his touch?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)