|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these traits does NOT describe Johnny when he was looking for a job?
2. How do Johnny and the Lapham girls refer to Tweedie?
(a) Sniveling frog.
3. What was the name of John Hancock's slave?
4. What does Jehu give to Johnny?
(b) Silver coins.
5. What was Johnny accused of stealing?
(a) A Sons of Liberty medal.
(b) Lyte's silver cup.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what job did Johnny refuse to apply?
2. What item does Hancock order from the silversmith?
3. Why does Johnny have to finish the project in secret in Chapter 2?
4. What is the name of the area where most of the shops are located?
5. Who of these is not one of Lyte's clerks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are John Hancock’s impressions of Johnny? Why does he not hire Johnny?
2. What disguises do Johnny and Rab don in Chapter 6? Why?
3. Why is Cilla’s testimony important to Johnny's case?
4. What do the placards the Sam Adams has printed say?
5. Why does Dove dislike Johnny? How is Dove’s dislike illustrated in Chapter 1?
6. For how long has Johnny apprenticed with Mr. Lapham? How long is his apprenticeship set to last and what will happen after it ends?
7. Why does John Adams leave on horseback in the end of Chapter 6? Where is he going?
8. Why is the silver cup important to Lyte?
9. What cemetery does Johnny go to in Chapter 3? Why does Johnny go to the cemetery?
10. What presents does Johnny give to Cilla and Isannah in Chapter 3? Why does he get these gifts for them?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)