|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rab go with his new gun?
(a) Bunker Hill
2. What is the Fiddler's Bill?
(a) The bill incurred from hiring the marching band
(b) Bill created by King George for damage done to the ships
(c) The invoice for the tea
(d) Legislation to promote representation in Parliament
3. Who is the last of Colonel Smith's men to return?
(a) Captain Smith
(b) Lieutenant Stranger
(c) Major Pitcairn
(d) Sergeant Gale
4. Where is the first battle held?
(a) Silsbee Cove
(c) Beacon Hill
5. What item do Cilla and Johnny retrieve from the house?
(d) Family portaits
6. What is the name of the cook at the Lyte house?
7. What does Johnny give in return for a uniform and gun?
(a) Hiding place
(d) Silver knife
8. Who goes on the ride to warn the Minute Men?
(a) Sam Adams and Benjamin Franklin
(b) John Hancock and James Otis
(c) Paul Revere and Billy Dawes
(d) Johnny Tremain and Rab Silsbee
9. How did the Minute Men get their name?
(a) They have had no more than a minute's training
(b) The group uses the town clock as a signal
(c) The group consists of clock makers
(d) They have to be ready in a minute
10. Which item is not used to make gunpowder?
11. Who sails off to London with the Lytes?
12. How were Lavinia Lyte and Johnny's mother related?
(b) They were not related
(c) Aunt and niece
13. What disguise does Johnny use to gain information?
(b) Stable hand
(d) British private
14. Where does Paul Revere go to receive a sign from the British?
(b) Independence Hall
(c) Fort Sumter
(d) Boston Harbor
15. What do the children chant after the war begins?
(a) School's done. The war's begun.
(c) God bless America
(d) Fee Fi Fo Fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paul Revere refuse to confide in Doctor Church?
2. Which horse is not used by Colonel Smith?
3. On whose home are the Sons of Liberty preparing to cause trouble?
4. Who serves as Colonel Smith's groom?
5. Which British officer tries to make friends with the people of Boston?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)