|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Johnny go to see the British troops retreating to Boston?
(a) Boston Common
(b) Beacon Hill
(c) Boston Harbor
(d) Breed's Hill
2. What does Johnny find in the Lyte Bible?
(a) A letter from his mother
(b) Deed to the Lyte mansion
(c) Family history
(d) Gold coins
3. Who falls in love with a British soldier?
4. What do the children chant after the war begins?
(a) Fee Fi Fo Fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman
(b) God bless America
(c) School's done. The war's begun.
5. Which group will not be empowered by the colonists freedom?
(a) Russian serfs
(c) French Peasants
6. What objects were used to warn the colonists of the oncoming British?
7. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Lorne hide out?
(a) Carriage house
(c) Post office
8. Where do the spies meet in secret?
(a) Boston Observer
(b) Bunch of Grapes
(c) The Green Dragon
(d) King's Coffee House
9. Who is executed for desertion?
(b) Captain Smith
(d) Sergeant Gale
10. The spy system is comprised of thirty men in what type of trade?
(b) Master craftsmen
(c) Livery attendants
(d) Tavern owners
11. What is the Fiddler's Bill?
(a) The bill incurred from hiring the marching band
(b) Legislation to promote representation in Parliament
(c) Bill created by King George for damage done to the ships
(d) The invoice for the tea
12. Where did the British fight in Concord?
(a) North Church
(b) Breed's Hill
(c) North Bridge
(d) Harper's Ferry
13. Where is the first battle held?
(c) Silsbee Cove
(d) Beacon Hill
14. What is the ratio of the British to American soldiers at the first battle?
15. Who is determined to warn the Minute Men?
(a) James Otis
(b) John Hancock
(d) Paul Revere
Short Answer Questions
1. Who continues to publish the Observer?
2. Who is a member of the Provincial Congress?
3. Where does Rab go with his new gun?
4. Who made smocks for Johnny?
5. How did the Minute Men get their name?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)