|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John Adams' occupation?
(c) Textiles merchant
2. The spy system is comprised of thirty men in what type of trade?
(b) Livery attendants
(c) Tavern owners
(d) Master craftsmen
3. Where is the location of the Lytes' country home?
4. What is the Fiddler's Bill?
(a) The bill incurred from hiring the marching band
(b) The invoice for the tea
(c) Legislation to promote representation in Parliament
(d) Bill created by King George for damage done to the ships
5. Where is the first battle held?
(c) Silsbee Cove
(d) Beacon Hill
6. Who continues to publish the Observer?
(a) Uncle Lorne
(b) Benjamin Franklin
(c) Johnathon Lyte
(d) Sam Adams
7. On whose home are the Sons of Liberty preparing to cause trouble?
8. Where does Johnny go to see the British troops retreating to Boston?
(a) Beacon Hill
(b) Boston Harbor
(c) Breed's Hill
(d) Boston Common
9. Where does Paul Revere go to receive a sign from the British?
(b) Boston Harbor
(c) Independence Hall
(d) Fort Sumter
10. Which British officer tries to make friends with the people of Boston?
(a) Lieutenant Stranger
(b) Sergeant Gale
(c) General Gage
(d) Captain Smith
11. Who serves as Colonel Smith's groom?
12. Who made smocks for Johnny?
(b) His mother
13. How were Lavinia Lyte and Johnny's mother related?
(a) Aunt and niece
(c) They were not related
14. How did the Minute Men get their name?
(a) They have had no more than a minute's training
(b) The group uses the town clock as a signal
(c) They have to be ready in a minute
(d) The group consists of clock makers
15. Where is Dr. Warren shot?
(a) In the back
(b) In the foot
(c) In the head
(d) In the arm
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paul Revere refuse to confide in Doctor Church?
2. What happens when Johnny goes to the Silsbee farm?
3. Who sails off to London with the Lytes?
4. Where is Johnny's mother buried?
5. Who does Johnny say should not be treated like cordwood?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)