|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Johnny make for John Hancock?
(a) Silver cup
(b) Silver spoon
(c) Wax angel
(d) New horsehoes
2. Rab's medal of a tree represents what secret society?
(a) Sons of Liberty
(b) Washington's Warriors
(c) Colonists for Britain
3. What ruse is used to notify Observers of the meeting time?
(a) Number of dinghys in the harbor
(b) Time on the "broken" clock tower
(c) Number of horses marched through Boston Common
(d) Cost of newspaper subscription
4. Why does Johnny leave the Lapham house?
(a) Johnny fights with Mrs. Lapham's daughters
(b) He has to find a new job
(c) Johnny is caught stealing
(d) Johnny and Mr. Lapham have an argument
5. Boston was torn into two armed camps by which political parties?
(a) Whigs and Tories
(b) Colonists and Loyalists
(c) Militia and Society of Friends
(d) Sons of Liberty and Observers
6. What prevents Johnny from taking a job?
(b) His injured hand
(d) A bad reputation
7. What's the name of Jonathon Lyte's daughter?
8. What creature is Isannah compared to by Johnny?
9. Where did Johnny and Rab sleep?
(a) In Lorne's basement
(b) In a loft above the printing shop
(c) In the stables
10. Where was Mr. Tweedie's hometown?
(a) New York
11. Roughly, how old is Mr. Tweedie?
12. Why is it important that Johnny learn to ride?
(a) To warn the Minute Men
(b) To deliver newspapers
(c) To study to become a groom
(d) To become a trained veterinarian
13. To whom does Johnny go to for advice about his silversmithing problems?
(c) John Hancock
(d) Paul Revere
14. How does Johnny prove to Merchant Lyte that they are related?
(a) By showing the silver cup
(b) Johnny produces the family Bible
(c) Lyte sees Johnny's birth certificate
(d) Johnny's mother tells Lyte
15. Which trade was not mentioned by Mr. Lapham in regards to Johnny's possible new job?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Observers meet?
2. What was Johnny's punishment for stealing the silver cup?
3. What is the name of the first ship carrying tea into Boston Harbor?
4. What was the name of John Hancock's slave?
5. Who does Johnny confide in about his most prized possession?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)