|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these traits does NOT describe Johnny when he was looking for a job?
2. In what city does the main story take place?
(b) Washington, DC.
3. Which of these characters does not serve as an apprentice?
4. What item did Johnny lack when trying to create Hancock's order?
(c) Fireplace matches.
(d) Willow charcoal.
5. Who does Johnny confide in about his most prized possession?
(b) Mrs. Lapham.
6. For what job did Johnny refuse to apply?
(c) Stable hand.
7. What item does Johnny make for John Hancock?
(a) New horsehoes.
(b) A silver spoon.
(c) A silver cup.
(d) A wax angel.
8. What was Johnny's mother's occupation?
9. What animal did Rab save from being butchered?
10. Which trade was not mentioned by Mr. Lapham in regards to Johnny's possible new job?
11. What makes Mrs. Lapham change her mind about Cilla going to court?
(a) Cilla sneaks out without Mrs. Lapham's permission.
(b) Mr. Tweedie convinces Mrs. Lapham.
(c) Rab tricks her.
(d) She realizes Johnny is in danger.
12. To whom is Johnny related?
(a) John Hancock.
(b) Jonathon Lyte.
(d) Mr. Lapham.
13. In which Maine town did Johnny live with his mother?
(a) Castle Rock.
14. What is the name of Lyte's clerk?
15. What ruse is used to notify Observers of the meeting time?
(a) Number of horses marched through Boston Common.
(b) Cost of newspaper subscription.
(c) Time on the "broken" clock tower.
(d) Number of dinghys in the harbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hires Johnny in Chapter 5?
2. What is being delivered by the British in Chapter 6?
3. Who does Johnny catch stealing tea?
4. How does Johnny prove to Merchant Lyte that they are related?
5. Boston was torn into two armed camps by which political parties?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)