|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incentive do Dove and Dusty have for delivering the basin to John Hancock?
(a) Hancock might give them money.
(b) The boys want to ride their new horses.
(c) Dove is in love with one of the servants.
(d) It's a nice day.
2. What did Mrs. Lapham use on Johnny's burn?
(a) Bread poultice.
(c) Lemon juice.
3. What book of the Bible does Johnny read for Mr. Lapham?
4. What symbol was engraved on Rab's medallion?
(a) American flag.
(c) Tree of Liberty.
(d) Union Jack.
5. What item does Hancock order from the silversmith?
(a) Chafing dish.
(d) Sugar bowl.
6. What is the name of the horse Johnny rides in Chapter 5?
7. What is the name of the governor?
8. Why does Johnny leave the Lapham house?
(a) Johnny is caught stealing.
(b) Johnny fights with Mrs. Lapham's daughters.
(c) Johnny and Mr. Lapham have an argument.
(d) He has to find a new job.
9. In what city does the main story take place?
(d) Washington, DC.
10. Why do the Observers have to maintain anonymity?
(a) Having their identities known would hurt their businesses.
(b) They would be sent back to England.
(c) They could be executed for treason.
(d) They would have to stand trial.
11. When does the Boston Tea Party take place?
(a) Summer 1772.
(b) Autumn 1773.
(c) Winter 1775.
(d) Spring 1776.
12. In which Maine town did Johnny live with his mother?
(d) Castle Rock.
13. Who tries to teach Cilla to read?
(a) Mrs. Lapham.
(d) Mr. Lapham.
14. On which street does Sam Adams live?
(a) Beacon Street.
(b) Salt Lane.
(c) Purchase Street.
(d) Governor's Row.
15. Who secretly feeds Johnny when he has no food?
(d) Mrs. Lapham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rab Silsbee's job?
2. What should have been repealed before anything was imported from England?
3. Who is buried in the grave on which Johnny falls asleep?
4. What prevents Johnny from taking a job?
5. Which of these is not a tavern in Boston?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)