|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Johnny prove to Merchant Lyte that they are related?
(a) Johnny produces the family Bible
(b) Lyte sees Johnny's birth certificate
(c) Johnny's mother tells Lyte
(d) By showing the silver cup
2. What's the name of Jonathon Lyte's daughter?
3. What item does Hancock order from the silversmith?
(b) Chafing dish
(c) Sugar bowl
4. In which Maine town did Johnny live with his mother?
(c) Castle Rock
5. How many members of the Observers are there?
6. What makes Mrs. Lapham change her mind about Cilla going to court?
(a) Mr. Tweedie convinces Mrs. Lapham
(b) She realizes Johnny is in danger
(c) Cilla sneaks out without Mrs. Lapham's permission
(d) Rab tricks her
7. What event is prompted by the arrival of British ships in the harbor?
(a) Boston Tea Party
(b) Bunker Hill
(c) Battle of Lexington and Concord
(d) Washington crossing the Delaware
8. How do Johnny and the Lapham girls refer to Tweedie?
(b) Sniveling frog
9. Who is responsible for Johnny's accident?
(c) Mrs. Lapham
10. What does Jehu give to Johnny?
(a) Silver coins
11. Which of these books did Johnny not read?
(a) Robinson Crusoe
(b) Tom Jones
(c) Paradise Lost
(d) Common Sense
12. Who is not involved in the Tea Party?
13. How much does Johnny want for the silver cup?
(a) Twenty dollars
(b) Thirty-five shillings
(c) Sixty pence
(d) Twenty pounds
14. What is the name of the stables?
15. What is the name of the room in which Johnny stayed at the Laphams?
(a) Harmony and happiness
(c) Rash and fever
(d) Birth and death
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the youngest Lapham daughter?
2. What is Rab's last name?
3. Where does Lavinia Lyte spend the summer?
4. What should have been repealed before anything was imported from England?
5. Who offers to hire Johnny away from Mr. Lapham?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)