|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Boston was torn into two armed camps by which political parties?
(a) Sons of Liberty and Observers
(b) Militia and Society of Friends
(c) Colonists and Loyalists
(d) Whigs and Tories
2. What animal did Rab save from being butchered?
3. Who of these is not one of Lyte's clerks?
4. In which Maine town did Johnny live with his mother?
(c) Castle Rock
5. What was Johnny accused of stealing?
(c) A Sons of Liberty medal
(d) Lyte's silver cup
6. What event is prompted by the arrival of British ships in the harbor?
(a) Battle of Lexington and Concord
(b) Boston Tea Party
(c) Washington crossing the Delaware
(d) Bunker Hill
7. Who represents Johnny at trial?
(a) Mr. Lapham
(b) John Adams
(c) John Hancock
(d) Josiah Quincy
8. Who teaches Johnny to ride?
(b) Paul Revere
(d) Lavinia Lyte
9. Who offers to hire Johnny away from Mr. Lapham?
(a) Samuel Adams
(b) John Hancock
(c) Josiah Quincy
(d) Paul Revere
10. Who is the new partner of the silversmith shop?
(a) Rab Silsbee
(b) John Hancock
(c) Percival Tweedie
(d) Jonathon Lyte
11. What is the name of Lyte's clerk?
12. On which street was the Boston Observer located?
(a) Beacon Street
(b) Fish Street
(c) Salt Lane
(d) King's Avenue
13. Where did Johnny and Rab sleep?
(a) In the stables
(b) In a loft above the printing shop
(c) In Lorne's basement
14. What word was NOT used to describe Dove?
15. What is the name of the horse Johnny rode?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Observers disguised as when they board the English ships?
2. What ruse is used to notify Observers of the meeting time?
3. Where was Mr. Tweedie's hometown?
4. What makes Mrs. Lapham change her mind about Cilla going to court?
5. What is Johnny's middle name?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)