|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item is used to stoke a furnace?
(a) Copper tube
2. What book of the Bible does Johnny read for Mr. Lapham?
3. What item did Johnny lack when trying to create Hancock's order?
(c) Fireplace matches
(d) Willow charcoal
4. What is Johnny's middle name?
5. How do Johnny and the Lapham girls refer to Tweedie?
(d) Sniveling frog
6. What present does Johnny buy for Isannah?
(a) Writing paper
(c) Hair ribbons
7. What incentive do Dove and Dusty have for delivering the basin to John Hancock?
(a) Dove is in love with one of the servants
(b) It's a nice day
(c) Hancock might give them money
(d) The boys want to ride their new horses
8. Why does Johnny leave the Lapham house?
(a) Johnny is caught stealing
(b) He has to find a new job
(c) Johnny and Mr. Lapham have an argument
(d) Johnny fights with Mrs. Lapham's daughters
9. Where did Johnny and Rab sleep?
(a) In Lorne's basement
(b) In a loft above the printing shop
(d) In the stables
10. What is the name of Lyte's clerk?
11. Which of these books did Johnny not read?
(a) Robinson Crusoe
(b) Paradise Lost
(c) Tom Jones
(d) Common Sense
12. How are Mr. and Mrs. Lapham related?
(b) They're not related
13. Where was Mr. Tweedie's hometown?
(c) New York
14. What animal did Rab save from being butchered?
15. What makes Mrs. Lapham change her mind about Cilla going to court?
(a) Mr. Tweedie convinces Mrs. Lapham
(b) Cilla sneaks out without Mrs. Lapham's permission
(c) She realizes Johnny is in danger
(d) Rab tricks her
Short Answer Questions
1. Who represents Johnny at trial?
2. From what part of England did Jonathon Lyte's family come?
3. Why is it important that Johnny learn to ride?
4. How old is Dusty Miller?
5. What creature is Isannah compared to by Johnny?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)