|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it important that Johnny learn to ride?
(a) To deliver newspapers
(b) To become a trained veterinarian
(c) To warn the Minute Men
(d) To study to become a groom
2. Who is the new partner of the silversmith shop?
(a) Jonathon Lyte
(b) Percival Tweedie
(c) Rab Silsbee
(d) John Hancock
3. How old is Dusty Miller?
4. What item is used to stoke a furnace?
(c) Copper tube
5. Roughly, how old is Mr. Tweedie?
6. In what city does the main story take place?
(d) Washington, DC
7. What is Rab Silsbee's job?
(a) British soldier
(b) Town Crier
(d) Printer's assistant
8. Where did Johnny and Rab sleep?
(a) In Lorne's basement
(b) In the stables
(d) In a loft above the printing shop
9. Who secretly feeds Johnny when he has no food?
(a) Mrs. Lapham
10. Which one of these is not a doctor involved in the cause?
11. Why does Johnny leave the Lapham house?
(a) Johnny and Mr. Lapham have an argument
(b) Johnny is caught stealing
(c) Johnny fights with Mrs. Lapham's daughters
(d) He has to find a new job
12. What makes Mrs. Lapham change her mind about Cilla going to court?
(a) Cilla sneaks out without Mrs. Lapham's permission
(b) Mr. Tweedie convinces Mrs. Lapham
(c) She realizes Johnny is in danger
(d) Rab tricks her
13. What was the name of John Hancock's slave?
14. What is the surname of the twins that were being bullied by the butcher's son?
15. What was the name of Rab's family farm?
(a) Freedom Ranch
(b) Silsbee Cove
(c) Boston Orchard
(d) Forbes Farm
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Johnny arrested?
2. What item does Johnny make for John Hancock?
3. Who represents Johnny at trial?
4. What did Mrs. Lapham use on Johnny's burn?
5. To which church does Mr. Lapham belong?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)