|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to hire Johnny away from Mr. Lapham?
(a) Paul Revere
(b) Josiah Quincy
(c) Samuel Adams
(d) John Hancock
2. Who alerts Johnny and Rab to the approach of the British ships?
(a) Josiah Quincy
(b) John Hancock
(c) Sam Adams
(d) Paul Revere
3. How are Mr. and Mrs. Lapham related?
(a) They're not related
4. What does Jehu give to Johnny?
(d) Silver coins
5. Boston was torn into two armed camps by which political parties?
(a) Colonists and Loyalists
(b) Whigs and Tories
(c) Militia and Society of Friends
(d) Sons of Liberty and Observers
6. How does Johnny prove to Merchant Lyte that they are related?
(a) Johnny's mother tells Lyte
(b) By showing the silver cup
(c) Lyte sees Johnny's birth certificate
(d) Johnny produces the family Bible
7. How many Saturdays per month did Johnny have off from work?
8. What prevents Johnny from taking a job?
(b) A bad reputation
(d) His injured hand
9. Who of these is not one of Lyte's clerks?
10. In which Maine town did Johnny live with his mother?
(b) Castle Rock
11. Who is the new partner of the silversmith shop?
(a) John Hancock
(b) Rab Silsbee
(c) Jonathon Lyte
(d) Percival Tweedie
12. On which street does Sam Adams live?
(a) Salt Lane
(b) Purchase Street
(c) Beacon Street
(d) Governor's Row
13. To whom is Johnny related?
(a) John Hancock
(b) Jonathon Lyte
(c) Mr. Lapham
14. What is Rab Silsbee's job?
(a) British soldier
(b) Town Crier
(d) Printer's assistant
15. Who takes care of Johnny's injured hand?
(a) Mrs. Lapham
(d) A midwife
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Mr. Tweedie's hometown?
2. What was Johnny's mother's occupation?
3. Why is it important that Johnny learn to ride?
4. What do the colonists find unfair about Parliament?
5. What is the name of the stables?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)