Chapter 1 Up And About
1. Who of these does not serve as an apprentice?
2. Who tries to teach Cilla to read?
(a) Mr. Lapham
(b) Mrs. Lapham
3. In what city does the main story take place?
(c) Washington, DC
4. Who does Johnny confide in about his most prized possession?
(a) Mrs. Lapham
5. To whom is Johnny related?
(a) Jonathon Lyte
(b) John Hancock
(d) Mr. Lapham
6. What item does Johnny make for John Hancock?
(a) Silver spoon
(b) Silver cup
(c) Wax angel
(d) New horsehoes
7. Where was Johnny born?
(a) New York
(b) Rhode Island
8. What was Johnny's mother's occupation?
9. What was the name of John Hancock's slave?
10. To which church does Mr. Lapham belong?
(a) Cockerel Church
(b) North Church
(c) Society of Friends
(d) Christ Church
11. What book of the Bible does Johnny read for Mr. Lapham?
This section contains 2,950 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)