Chapter 1 Up And About
1. Who of these does not serve as an apprentice?
2. Who tries to teach Cilla to read?
(b) Mrs. Lapham
(d) Mr. Lapham
3. In what city does the main story take place?
(a) Washington, DC
4. Who does Johnny confide in about his most prized possession?
(a) Mrs. Lapham
5. To whom is Johnny related?
(a) Mr. Lapham
(b) Jonathon Lyte
(d) John Hancock
6. What item does Johnny make for John Hancock?
(a) Silver cup
(b) Wax angel
(c) New horsehoes
(d) Silver spoon
7. Where was Johnny born?
(a) Rhode Island
(d) New York
8. What was Johnny's mother's occupation?
9. What was the name of John Hancock's slave?
10. To which church does Mr. Lapham belong?
(a) Cockerel Church
(b) Society of Friends
(c) Christ Church
(d) North Church
11. What book of the Bible does Johnny read for Mr. Lapham?
This section contains 2,950 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)