|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the American boys like Lucky in Paris?
(a) She is sexy.
(b) She reminds them of American fun.
(c) She always has time for them.
(d) She is a great prostitute.
2. What does the day nurse do that brings Joe pleasure?
(a) Talks to him.
(b) Gives him sexual relief with her hands.
(c) Massage him.
(d) Soothes his brow.
3. What is Joe's reaction to the nurse's communication?
4. What does Joe decide he needs to offer?
(b) Permission for them to kill him.
(c) A means of paying for his own upkeep.
(d) An idea of how it is to suffer wounds they way he has.
5. At what age does Kareen remain in Joe's mind?
6. How does Joe feel when the nurse leaves the room?
7. Who comes in the room and prods Joe's body?
(a) A new nurse.
(b) The orderly.
(c) A man with a heavy step.
(d) A doctor.
8. What does Joe believe is about to happen?
(b) Being moved to an insane asylum.
(c) A throng of people coming to rejoice with him.
(d) Being sent home.
9. What is the doctor's response to Joe's continued tapping?
(a) A slap.
(c) Reassurance that they will let him go.
(d) He ignores Joe.
10. Why does Joe listening to a hooker feel dumb?
(a) He doesn't know anything about sex.
(b) She corrects his grammar.
(c) She talks about books.
(d) She is well traveled.
11. What does Joe realize about why they respond to what he is saying?
(a) They think he is insane.
(b) They do not care.
(c) They think he needs more time to recover.
(d) They are afraid men will refuse to fight anymore.
12. What does Joe do when he realizes he has a number of visitors?
(a) Jerks his head around to dislodge his mask.
(b) Gets very quiet and calm.
(c) Starts to rock his body.
(d) Spits at them.
13. What happens the third year Joe is in the hospital?
(a) He is moved to a new room.
(b) He begins to hear a little.
(c) His mother is found.
(d) They find out who he is.
14. What did Lucky survive in America?
(a) The San Francisco earthquake.
(b) The Chicago fire.
(c) The eruption of St. Helena.
(d) A tidal wave in Crescent City.
15. What does Joe feel as the man prods him?
(a) A sting on his stump.
(b) Sharp, jagged pain.
(c) Cold, like ice.
(d) A warmth.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his fourth year what does Joe feel that is different?
2. To whom does Joe compare himself?
3. What does Joe think about life?
4. Where does Lucky have her son?
5. What does Joe assume when he feels the nurse's hand for the fifth time?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)