|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does Kareen remain in Joe's mind?
2. Where does Lucky have her son?
(b) Long Island.
(c) Washington D.C.
3. Who comes in with the nurse?
(a) Another nurse.
(b) A priest.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A man who knows Morse Code.
4. Why does Joe think he might be in an English hospital?
(a) It's the closest hospital.
(b) The smell is of the English heather.
(c) He was in the trenches with English soldiers.
(d) He heard British accents right before he went deaf.
5. What does Joe compare himself to now, in the hospital?
(a) A prisoner.
(b) A corpse.
(c) A medical miracle.
(d) An angel.
6. What would be the advantage of people seeing Joe?
(a) They would believe in God and miracles.
(c) They would know the advances of modern medicines.
(d) It would be educational.
7. What does Joe do when he sees Christ in the desert?
(a) Throws himself down and cries.
(b) Runs away from him.
(c) Begs to die.
(d) Slaps him in the face.
8. What does Joe believe he must do now?
(a) Try again to kill himself.
(b) Figure out how much of his body is left.
(c) Figure out where he is.
(d) Learn how to think.
9. What do the visitors leave with Joe?
(a) A new face mask.
(b) Some get well cards.
(d) A medal.
10. What does Flannigan say will happen if Joe sticks with her?
(a) They'll both wear diamonds.
(b) He'll not catch any diseases.
(c) She'll find him a good wife.
(d) He'll never lack for sex.
11. What is Joe's thought about the question?
(a) He doesn't want to give his name.
(b) He is terrible.
(c) He wants to go home.
(d) He wants out.
12. How does he feel about slaves shackled in Roman ships?
(a) He is in the same situation.
(b) He doesn't think about slaves on ships.
(c) He is better off.
(d) They are luckier than he is.
13. Why does Joe listening to a hooker feel dumb?
(a) She is well traveled.
(b) She corrects his grammar.
(c) He doesn't know anything about sex.
(d) She talks about books.
14. What does Joe do when he realizes he can feel the dawn?
(a) He relaxes and sings in his mind.
(b) He feels sad he can't see it.
(c) He flips over.
(d) He starts to count minutes.
15. Who announces that it's time to board the train?
(b) The Swede.
(c) The redhead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joe's reaction to the nurse's communication?
2. Why do the American boys like Lucky in Paris?
3. What does Joe reject as the nurse listens to his tapping?
4. What did Lucky survive in America?
5. How long does Joe figure it will take for him to feel warmth on his skin?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)