|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe do when he realizes he can feel the dawn?
(a) He flips over.
(b) He starts to count minutes.
(c) He feels sad he can't see it.
(d) He relaxes and sings in his mind.
2. At what age does Kareen remain in Joe's mind?
3. What happens the third year Joe is in the hospital?
(a) He is moved to a new room.
(b) He begins to hear a little.
(c) They find out who he is.
(d) His mother is found.
4. To whom does Joe compare himself?
(a) Other circus exhibits.
(b) His brother.
(c) No one.
(d) The Pope.
5. How does Joe think he can count sunrises?
(a) Because of the warming on his skin.
(b) When a nurse first comes after a long time without.
(c) When the doctor comes in and takes his pulse.
(d) When they first feed him after being without.
6. How does Joe first start trying to keep track of time?
(a) Counting seconds.
(b) Counting the number of times the door opens.
(c) Counting minutes.
(d) Counting hours.
7. What is Joe's thought about the question?
(a) He is terrible.
(b) He wants to go home.
(c) He wants out.
(d) He doesn't want to give his name.
8. What direction does Joe face in his third year in the hospital?
9. What does Joe decide he needs to offer?
(a) An idea of how it is to suffer wounds they way he has.
(c) Permission for them to kill him.
(d) A means of paying for his own upkeep.
10. How does he feel about slaves shackled in Roman ships?
(a) He is in the same situation.
(b) They are luckier than he is.
(c) He is better off.
(d) He doesn't think about slaves on ships.
11. What do Joe and Flannigan often do together?
(a) Steal from a store.
(b) Have sex.
(c) Have breakfast.
(d) Go to the library.
12. How does Joe feel after the man who he has been talking to leaves?
(c) Full of misgivings.
13. Who comes in the room and prods Joe's body?
(a) A man with a heavy step.
(b) A new nurse.
(c) A doctor.
(d) The orderly.
14. What does Joe ask?
(a) For death.
(b) For them to contact his mother.
(c) For them to reconsider.
(d) To be let out of the hospital to fend for himself.
15. Who comes in with the nurse?
(a) A doctor.
(b) Another nurse.
(c) A man who knows Morse Code.
(d) A priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe believe will happen if the new nurse walks away?
2. Where does Lucky have her son?
3. What does Joe think he'll probably do even in his sleep?
4. What does Joe believe he must do now?
5. To what does Joe compare himself?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)