|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe think about his mother reading?
(a) "'Twas the Night Before Christmas."
(b) An answer to who he is.
(c) The tale of Jesus's crucifixion.
(d) "The Charge of the Light Brigade."
2. What does Joe realize now that he has "trapped" time?
(a) Dawn can never be taken away from him.
(b) He will know sunset too.
(c) He can count minutes.
(d) He will always know what time it is.
3. Who comes in the room and prods Joe's body?
(a) A man with a heavy step.
(b) A new nurse.
(c) The orderly.
(d) A doctor.
4. How does Joe first start trying to keep track of time?
(a) Counting seconds.
(b) Counting minutes.
(c) Counting the number of times the door opens.
(d) Counting hours.
5. What did Lucky survive in America?
(a) A tidal wave in Crescent City.
(b) The San Francisco earthquake.
(c) The Chicago fire.
(d) The eruption of St. Helena.
6. What does Joe do when he sees Christ in the desert?
(a) Runs away from him.
(b) Begs to die.
(c) Throws himself down and cries.
(d) Slaps him in the face.
7. What does the day nurse do that brings Joe pleasure?
(a) Massage him.
(b) Gives him sexual relief with her hands.
(c) Soothes his brow.
(d) Talks to him.
8. What was the name of the first girl with whom Joe had sex ?
9. What does Joe assume when he feels the nurse's hand for the fifth time?
(a) It is 4 A.M.
(b) It is midnight.
(c) It is time to sleep.
(d) It is 8 A.M.
10. What does Joe do when he realizes he can feel the dawn?
(a) He starts to count minutes.
(b) He flips over.
(c) He relaxes and sings in his mind.
(d) He feels sad he can't see it.
11. What do the visitors leave with Joe?
(a) Some get well cards.
(b) A medal.
(c) A new face mask.
12. How many times has Flannigan been married?
13. What does Joe decide he needs to offer?
(b) An idea of how it is to suffer wounds they way he has.
(c) Permission for them to kill him.
(d) A means of paying for his own upkeep.
14. Why won't the Scotchman fight the Bavarian?
(a) His mother is Bavarian.
(b) He is related to the Bavarian crown prince.
(c) His father is Bavarian.
(d) He thinks their crown prince is the rightful king of England.
15. To whom does Joe compare himself?
(a) The Pope.
(b) His brother.
(c) Other circus exhibits.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the guys in the train station that Joe sees playing to pass the time?
2. How does he name the days of the week and months?
3. Why do the American boys like Lucky in Paris?
4. What does Joe imagine the day nurse to look like?
5. What does Joe feel as the man prods him?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)