|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joe keep on tapping?
(a) He hopes that he will die from exhaustion.
(b) He wants the exercise.
(c) His neck is in a spasm.
(d) He can't stop or think.
2. How does Joe feel when the nurse leaves the room?
3. What does Joe realize about why they respond to what he is saying?
(a) They are afraid men will refuse to fight anymore.
(b) They do not care.
(c) They think he needs more time to recover.
(d) They think he is insane.
4. What do the Americans wish they were drinking?
(b) American beer.
(c) Soda pop.
(d) Corn whiskey.
5. Who comes in the room and prods Joe's body?
(a) A new nurse.
(b) A man with a heavy step.
(c) The orderly.
(d) A doctor.
6. What does Joe need most?
(a) Someone to love him.
(b) Room to breathe.
(d) A room with a view.
7. What is the doctor's response to Joe's continued tapping?
(a) Reassurance that they will let him go.
(b) He ignores Joe.
(d) A slap.
8. What would be the advantage of people seeing Joe?
(a) It would be educational.
(c) They would know the advances of modern medicines.
(d) They would believe in God and miracles.
9. What does Joe think is the key to figuring out time?
(a) The nurses' visits.
(b) Asking for a clock that vibrates as it ticks.
(c) Figuring up how many times he goes to sleep.
(d) Asking for a Braille watch.
10. What does Joe think the hospital wants to do?
(a) Use him to teach nurses.
(b) Use him for doctors to practice on.
(c) Keep him in darkness.
(d) Help him die.
11. What does talking to Lucky bring Joe?
(a) Peace and less loneliness.
(b) A desire for Kareen.
(d) A desire to be a good soldier.
12. What do Joe and Flannigan often do together?
(a) Go to the library.
(b) Have sex.
(c) Steal from a store.
(d) Have breakfast.
13. What does Joe imagine the day nurse to look like?
(a) Medium height, blond and older.
(b) Small and young.
(c) Large, dark haired and young.
(d) Middle-aged, gray-haired, and large.
14. What does Joe believe he must do now?
(a) Learn how to think.
(b) Figure out where he is.
(c) Try again to kill himself.
(d) Figure out how much of his body is left.
15. How many times has Flannigan been married?
Short Answer Questions
1. How often do bath and bed changes occur in relationship to nurse's visits?
2. What does Christ tell the guys about the music they are hearing?
3. What does Joe decide he needs to offer?
4. What is the first question asked of Joe?
5. What is one thing Joe says can be invented as a result of others seeing him?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)