|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joe loses track of everything but what?
(a) The dawn.
(c) His daily bath.
(d) The nurses footsteps.
2. What does Joe think about his teachers?
(a) They never taught him anything.
(b) He remembers they thought he was dumb.
(c) He wonders what they would think of him now.
(d) He learned a lot from them.
3. How does Joe feel about those who hold him?
(a) That they are sadistic.
(b) That they are Satan's messengers.
(c) That they are inhumane.
(d) That they are angels.
4. Why won't the Scotchman fight the Bavarian?
(a) He thinks their crown prince is the rightful king of England.
(b) His father is Bavarian.
(c) His mother is Bavarian.
(d) He is related to the Bavarian crown prince.
5. What happens the third year Joe is in the hospital?
(a) He begins to hear a little.
(b) He is moved to a new room.
(c) His mother is found.
(d) They find out who he is.
6. What does Joe think about life?
(a) Life is great.
(b) It is eternal.
(c) It is wasted.
(d) It is good to be alive.
7. How does he feel about slaves shackled in Roman ships?
(a) He doesn't think about slaves on ships.
(b) He is in the same situation.
(c) He is better off.
(d) They are luckier than he is.
8. Why does Joe keep on tapping?
(a) His neck is in a spasm.
(b) He hopes that he will die from exhaustion.
(c) He wants the exercise.
(d) He can't stop or think.
9. What does Joe think is the key to figuring out time?
(a) Asking for a clock that vibrates as it ticks.
(b) The nurses' visits.
(c) Figuring up how many times he goes to sleep.
(d) Asking for a Braille watch.
10. What do the Americans wish they were drinking?
(a) Soda pop.
(b) American beer.
(d) Corn whiskey.
11. What did Lucky survive in America?
(a) A tidal wave in Crescent City.
(b) The San Francisco earthquake.
(c) The Chicago fire.
(d) The eruption of St. Helena.
12. How does Joe think he can count sunrises?
(a) Because of the warming on his skin.
(b) When a nurse first comes after a long time without.
(c) When they first feed him after being without.
(d) When the doctor comes in and takes his pulse.
13. What is it that is coming for Joe as he leaves Paris?
(a) Two pairs of new pants.
(b) A German bomb.
(c) A letter from Kareen.
(d) A birthday cake.
14. What are the guys in the train station that Joe sees playing to pass the time?
(c) A dice game.
15. How often do bath and bed changes occur in relationship to nurse's visits?
(a) He's not sure.
(b) Every ten visits.
(c) Every twelve visits.
(d) Every four visits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would be the advantage of people seeing Joe?
2. What does the man tell Joe when the man returns?
3. Who is afraid for her baby?
4. How long does Joe figure it will take for him to feel warmth on his skin?
5. What does Joe believe is about to happen?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)