Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe think about life?
(a) It is eternal.
(b) It is good to be alive.
(c) It is wasted.
(d) Life is great.
2. What do the visitors leave with Joe?
(a) Some get well cards.
(c) A new face mask.
(d) A medal.
3. What month and year was Joe injured?
(a) June, 1918.
(b) September, 1918.
(c) March, 1919.
(d) April, 1917.
4. What does Joe feel as the man prods him?
(a) Cold, like ice.
(b) A sting on his stump.
(c) Sharp, jagged pain.
(d) A warmth.
5. What do new nurses do with Joe?
(a) Uncover him and stare awhile.
(b) Treat him roughly.
(c) Treat him gently.
(d) Talk endlessly to him.
6. What does Joe do when he realizes he has a number of visitors?
(a) Gets very quiet and calm.
(b) Starts to rock his body.
(c) Spits at them.
(d) Jerks his head around to dislodge his mask.
7. How does Joe first start trying to keep track of time?
(a) Counting seconds.
(b) Counting the number of times the door opens.
(c) Counting hours.
(d) Counting minutes.
8. What does Bonham sense as this chapter opens?
(a) That there is much bustle in the halls.
(b) That he is dying.
(c) That the hospital is under attack.
(d) That a new nurse is caring for him.
9. Why does Joe say Americans are different from Frenchmen or Englishmen?
(a) They laugh more.
(b) They are friends.
(c) They are more sensitive to others.
(d) They love better.
10. What does Joe do when he sees Christ in the desert?
(a) Slaps him in the face.
(b) Throws himself down and cries.
(c) Runs away from him.
(d) Begs to die.
11. Who comes in the room and prods Joe's body?
(a) The orderly.
(b) A new nurse.
(c) A man with a heavy step.
(d) A doctor.
12. What does Flannigan say will happen if Joe sticks with her?
(a) He'll not catch any diseases.
(b) She'll find him a good wife.
(c) He'll never lack for sex.
(d) They'll both wear diamonds.
13. What happens the third year Joe is in the hospital?
(a) His mother is found.
(b) They find out who he is.
(c) He begins to hear a little.
(d) He is moved to a new room.
14. How does Joe feel about those who hold him?
(a) That they are inhumane.
(b) That they are sadistic.
(c) That they are Satan's messengers.
(d) That they are angels.
15. What does Joe imagine the day nurse to look like?
(a) Middle-aged, gray-haired, and large.
(b) Small and young.
(c) Large, dark haired and young.
(d) Medium height, blond and older.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe do when he realizes he can feel the dawn?
2. What does Joe believe is about to happen?
3. How often do bath and bed changes occur in relationship to nurse's visits?
4. How does he name the days of the week and months?
5. Why does Joe keep on tapping?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)