Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the visitors leave with Joe?
(b) A medal.
(c) A new face mask.
(d) Some get well cards.
2. What do the Americans wish they were drinking?
(a) Soda pop.
(b) Corn whiskey.
(c) American beer.
3. How does Joe think he can count sunrises?
(a) When the doctor comes in and takes his pulse.
(b) When they first feed him after being without.
(c) Because of the warming on his skin.
(d) When a nurse first comes after a long time without.
4. What does Joe think is the key to figuring out time?
(a) The nurses' visits.
(b) Asking for a Braille watch.
(c) Asking for a clock that vibrates as it ticks.
(d) Figuring up how many times he goes to sleep.
5. What does Joe think about his teachers?
(a) He wonders what they would think of him now.
(b) He remembers they thought he was dumb.
(c) He learned a lot from them.
(d) They never taught him anything.
6. Why does Joe listening to a hooker feel dumb?
(a) She corrects his grammar.
(b) She is well traveled.
(c) She talks about books.
(d) He doesn't know anything about sex.
7. How does he feel about slaves shackled in Roman ships?
(a) He is better off.
(b) He is in the same situation.
(c) He doesn't think about slaves on ships.
(d) They are luckier than he is.
8. How many times has Flannigan been married?
9. How does Joe feel after the man tells him what he says in question #175?
(a) He feels supported.
(b) He is joyfully surprised.
(c) He has no hope.
(d) He is hopeful.
10. What does Joe think the hospital wants to do?
(a) Keep him in darkness.
(b) Use him to teach nurses.
(c) Help him die.
(d) Use him for doctors to practice on.
11. What is the doctor's response to Joe's continued tapping?
(a) A slap.
(c) He ignores Joe.
(d) Reassurance that they will let him go.
12. Why is everyone in Bethlehem in the story Joe's mother reads?
(a) To go to a Christmas pageant.
(b) Paying taxes.
(c) To watch an eclipse of the sun.
(d) To flee the Romans.
13. What do Joe and Flannigan often do together?
(a) Go to the library.
(b) Steal from a store.
(c) Have sex.
(d) Have breakfast.
14. Why doesn't Joe see Laurette after graduation?
(a) She doesn't want to see him.
(b) She is on vacation and his family moves.
(c) He has decided to wait for marriage.
(d) He has fallen in love with Diane.
15. What do new nurses do with Joe?
(a) Talk endlessly to him.
(b) Treat him gently.
(c) Treat him roughly.
(d) Uncover him and stare awhile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lucky survive in America?
2. What does Joe believe he must do now?
3. What does Joe think about life?
4. What does the day nurse do with Joe?
5. What does Joe imagine the day nurse to look like?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)