Short Answer Questions Key
1. Why does Joe Bonham wish someone would pick up the phone?
He has a terrible headache.
2. What does Joe find out when someone finally answers the phone?
His father has died.
3. What did Joe think when he read THE LAST DAYS OF POMPEII?
A mountain had blown up trapping him in the lava.
4. What does Joe feel under all of his bandages?
5. How does Joe figure out that he is deaf?
He can't hear his pulse.
This section contains 4,927 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)