|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapters 7-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe think about his head as he lays in the bed?
(a) The shell should have hit his head.
(b) It is too messed up.
(c) It is too badly injured for him to live.
(d) It is too heavy.
2. Why does Howie wake Joe up when they have gone to bed for the night?
(a) To give him dinner.
(b) To get him to stop snoring.
(c) To show him a telegram.
(d) To get him to go out to the bar.
3. What do the workers tell Jose to do?
(a) Spit in the bread dough in front of the boss.
(b) Leave the water running in the kitchen.
(c) Drop a bunch of pies.
(d) Knock the boss over.
4. What does Joe think would be wonderful when he was thinking about the nurse and the rat?
(a) That he would hear.
(b) That nothing is real.
(c) That it's his mother bathing him.
(d) If they were the same person.
5. What happened to the coal miner who returned home badly wounded?
(a) His wife killed him.
(b) He died from eating an apple.
(c) He fell into a coal mine.
(d) He shot himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joe trying to figure out how to tell his father when they go camping?
2. What does Joe do when he finally realizes the full extent of his injuries?
3. When he wants to kill himself by not breathing what does he find out?
4. What does Joe realize when he tries to kick the blankets off?
5. What does Joe see in the snow as he thinks of his life?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)