|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapters 7-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe realize when he tries to kick the blankets off?
(a) There are no blankets on him.
(b) They are tucked under the mattress.
(c) He's lost his legs too.
(d) He is strapped down.
2. What did Joe's father ask him when he arrives at home?
(a) If he can go to the store.
(b) Where Diane is.
(c) Why he worked only one day on the rail job.
(d) If he is staying in for the night.
3. What did Joe hear about Harper and his fortunes in the war?
(a) He was injured and sent home.
(b) He was killed.
(c) He was made a captain.
(d) He was never drafted.
4. What does his girlfriend's father do in the morning on his departure day?
(a) Makes him breakfast.
(b) Gives him his old army jacket.
(c) Gives him a haircut.
(d) Takes him to a restaurant.
5. What does Joe do when he finally realizes the full extent of his injuries?
(a) He calls for Kareen.
(b) He tries to figure out how to die.
(c) He calls out to his mother to come help him.
(d) He sobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Joe's left arm?
2. When does the first snowfall usually happen where Joe grew up?
3. What does Joe think about his head as he lays in the bed?
4. What does Joe realize that he can't tell the difference between?
5. What does Joe think about the fact that they cut off his arm?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)