|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapters 11-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe find out when someone finally answers the phone?
(a) His father has died.
(b) His younger sister is gone.
(c) His girlfriend is in the hospital.
(d) His mother has died.
2. Why won't the Scotchman fight the Bavarian?
(a) He thinks their crown prince is the rightful king of England.
(b) His mother is Bavarian.
(c) He is related to the Bavarian crown prince.
(d) His father is Bavarian.
3. What does Joe imagine the day nurse to look like?
(a) Large, dark haired and young.
(b) Middle-aged, gray-haired, and large.
(c) Medium height, blond and older.
(d) Small and young.
4. What does Joe realize that he can't tell the difference between?
(a) Pain and feeling good.
(b) Hot and cold.
(c) Dreaming and being awake.
(d) Night and day.
5. Where is the desert in which Joe is working?
(c) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. After he finds out he has no mouth, teeth or palate what does he realize?
2. What happens when Joe tries to yell?
3. Why is Bill Bonham a failure?
4. What does Joe think he has to do first in order to kill himself?
5. What famous person flies into Joe's hometown one day?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)