|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the early Christian community was not immune to?
2. What does the author say is the most controversial aspect of his argument?
3. Which authority figure does the author describe as charming?
4. Which of the following does the author not mention as one of the constraints Jesus lived under?
5. What are the two traditional spiritual responses to evil in the world?
Essay Topic 1
What was the relationship between John the Baptist and Jesus? How does Christianity like to view the relationship between John the Baptist and Jesus? How does John the Baptist influence Jesus?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following historical figures in Crossan's book and discuss how Crossan represents them in the book and why he represents that person in that manner? Are there people who would argue against Crossan's representation of that person's life?
1. Jesus Christ.
2. John the Baptist.
3. James the Just.
4. Herod Antipas.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Jesus' early life.
1. What was Jesus' upbringing and how did it influence his teachings.
2. What evidence is there to say that Jesus' upbringing as represented in the bible is not historically accurate.
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)