|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author say was an important part of Jesus' traveling ministry?
2. What does the author say the resurrection stories were based on?
3. How does the author describe the Cynics' natures?
4. What does the author say is the most controversial aspect of his argument?
5. Who do most scholars think is the woman of Bethany?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the two quotes at the beginning of the section comment on?
2. What does the quote at the beginning of part six comment on?
3. What was Jesus' opinion of Bethany?
4. Why does the author think Jesus' followers developed stories about what happened to Jesus' body?
5. Describe the quotes at the beginning of this section?
6. How does the author interpret the story of Jesus casting demons into a herd of pigs?
7. In what way could Christians have a problem with the author factualizing the crucifixion?
8. What does the author say about Paul's revelation of Jesus' power and truth?
9. What parallels does cross-cultural research draw between Jesus' teachings and other philosophies?
10. Why did Jesus' followers reinterpret history to suit their own purposes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Greco-Roman society in terms of the following.
Essay Topic 2
Why was society so in need of a spiritual leader like Jesus? How did Jesus take advantage of this need?
Essay Topic 3
What were the differences between Jesus and John the Baptist's teachings? Why did Jesus' ideas become the foundation for the Christian faith rather than John the Baptist's?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)