|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the following title: " A Respected Member of the..."
2. What title was Jesus' brother bestowed with?
3. What was Peter's job?
4. What feast does the author talk about in Part Six?
5. Complete the following sentence: "for the faith that was there before, despite, or even because of..."
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author think crucifixion was the ultimate form of punishment?
2. What does the author say was the intention of the resurrection stories?
3. In what way does the author think Jesus trod a fine line between the passive and direct forms of confrontation?
4. How does the author interpret the story of Jesus casting demons into a herd of pigs?
5. Describe the quotes at the beginning of this section?
6. How influential does the author think other philosophies were on Jesus' teachings?
7. What does the author say about Paul's revelation of Jesus' power and truth?
8. What does the quote at the beginning of part five comment on?
9. What does the author say about Pontius Pilate?
10. Why did Jesus' followers reinterpret history to suit their own purposes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the relationship between John the Baptist and Jesus? How does Christianity like to view the relationship between John the Baptist and Jesus? How does John the Baptist influence Jesus?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author think the gospels used myth New Testament? What are the arguments for and against the gospels use of myth?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Jesus' early life.
1. What was Jesus' upbringing and how did it influence his teachings.
2. What evidence is there to say that Jesus' upbringing as represented in the bible is not historically accurate.
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)