|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the author not mention as one of the constraints Jesus lived under?
2. Which member of Jesus' family lived in Jerusalem?
3. Complete the following title: "The Race to the..."
4. How does the author describe the Cynics' natures?
5. What does the author say the early Christian community was not immune to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the reasons Jesus went to Jerusalem?
2. How influential does the author think other philosophies were on Jesus' teachings?
3. In what way does the author think Jesus trod a fine line between the passive and direct forms of confrontation?
4. What does the author think Jesus was an individualist?
5. Describe the quotes at the beginning of this section?
6. How does the author interpret the story of Jesus casting demons into a herd of pigs?
7. What was Jesus' opinion of Bethany?
8. What does the author say about Barabbas in this section?
9. What does the author say was the intention of the resurrection stories?
10. What does the author say about Paul's revelation of Jesus' power and truth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author think the gospels used the Old Testament and its prophecies for the New Testament? What are the arguments for and against the gospels mining the Old Testament for information?
Essay Topic 2
How much has Jesus' teaching influenced modern society? How different would it have been if John the Baptist became known as the Chosen One?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the books reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)