|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author claim Jesus' followers developed stories about what happened to Jesus' body?
2. What miracle does the author talk about in this section?
3. What other disease does the author say attracted negative attention to its victims?
4. What title was Jesus' brother bestowed with?
5. Which authority figure does the author describe as charming?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does the author think Jesus challenged society by touching the leper?
2. In what way does the author think Jesus trod a fine line between the passive and direct forms of confrontation?
3. What does the author think Jesus was an individualist?
4. What do the two quotes at the beginning of the section comment on?
5. What does the author say was the intention of the resurrection stories?
6. What does the author say about Barabbas in this section?
7. What parallels does cross-cultural research draw between Jesus' teachings and other philosophies?
8. How influential does the author think other philosophies were on Jesus' teachings?
9. Why did Jesus' followers reinterpret history to suit their own purposes?
10. What were the reasons Jesus went to Jerusalem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What different variation does the Q Gospel give on Jesus' teachings? How do the Christians view the Q Gospel?
Essay Topic 2
Why was society so in need of a spiritual leader like Jesus? How did Jesus take advantage of this need?
Essay Topic 3
In what way could Jesus be said to be an individualist? How have Jesus' teaching of individualism effected modern society?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)