|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which authority figure does the author describe as charming?
2. Who did Jesus say was traditionally the beneficiary of a man's success?
3. What does the author define disease as?
4. What did the Romans do with bodies on the crosses if they didn't decide to leave them there?
5. Complete the following sentence: "careful to distinguish between the rich and the poor, the powerful and the powerless... the aristocrat and the..."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the differences between Jesus and John the Baptist's teachings? Why did Jesus' ideas become the foundation for the Christian faith rather than John the Baptist's?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Greco-Roman society in terms of the following.
Essay Topic 3
How much has Jesus' teaching influenced modern society? How different would it have been if John the Baptist became known as the Chosen One?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)