|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose leadership did Jesus establish during the miracle of the loaves and the bread?
2. Which of Jesus' disciples was known as the Beloved Disciple?
3. What does the author say Jesus was trying to break down?
4. What does the author say that miraculous is the primary anchor of?
5. What does one Biblical story say that Jesus cast out of human beings?
Essay Topic 1
How does the author think the gospels used the Old Testament and its prophecies for the New Testament? What are the arguments for and against the gospels mining the Old Testament for information?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following stories from the New Testament and discuss in which ways they could be said to be either metaphorical or based on myth.
1. Walking on Water.
2. The fish and loaves.
3. The resurrection.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following vectors the author used to present his argument aspects of that vector and how the author uses it to come to his conclusion.
2. Jewish and Greco-Roman history.
3. Literal and textual interpretation.
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)