|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Part Six?
2. What does the author say was a key aspect of the Greco-Roman culture of that time?
3. Who does the author say reinterprets the circumstances of Jesus' death?
4. Complete the following sentence: "extended to others as both challenge and ..."
5. The man who asked for Jesus' body after His death was Joseph of ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author quote extensively from the gospel of St. Luke?
2. What were the reasons Jesus went to Jerusalem?
3. Why did Jesus' followers reinterpret history to suit their own purposes?
4. What does the quote at the beginning of part five comment on?
5. Why does the author think Jesus' followers developed stories about what happened to Jesus' body?
6. Describe the quotes at the beginning of this section?
7. What influence does the author suggest that the Cynics had on Jesus' teachings?
8. What effect did the patrron/client relationship have on Greco-Roman society?
9. Why does the author think crucifixion was the ultimate form of punishment?
10. What do the two quotes at the beginning of the section comment on?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author think the gospels used myth New Testament? What are the arguments for and against the gospels use of myth?
Essay Topic 2
What was the relationship between John the Baptist and Jesus? How does Christianity like to view the relationship between John the Baptist and Jesus? How does John the Baptist influence Jesus?
Essay Topic 3
In what way could Jesus be said to be an individualist? How have Jesus' teaching of individualism effected modern society?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)