|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the New Testament was trying to echo?
2. Complete the following sentence: "extended to others as both challenge and ..."
3. Complete the following sentence: "careful to distinguish between the rich and the poor, the powerful and the powerless... the aristocrat and the..."
4. Which festival was Barabbas' release meant to honor?
5. What other disease does the author say attracted negative attention to its victims?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author think Jesus was an individualist?
2. In what way does the author think Jesus challenged society by touching the leper?
3. How does the author interpret the story of Jesus casting demons into a herd of pigs?
4. What does the author say about Paul's revelation of Jesus' power and truth?
5. What influence does the author suggest that the Cynics had on Jesus' teachings?
6. What was Jesus' opinion of Bethany?
7. What were the reasons Jesus went to Jerusalem?
8. What does the author say about Pontius Pilate?
9. Why does the author quote extensively from the gospel of St. Luke?
10. What do the two quotes at the beginning of the section comment on?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What different variation does the Q Gospel give on Jesus' teachings? How do the Christians view the Q Gospel?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the four gospels.
1. What are the similarities and differences between the four gospels?
2. In what way could the four gospels be said to contradict one another?
Essay Topic 3
In what way were Jesus' teachings a product of oppression? In what way could Jesus be seen as a rebel?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)