|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say defined the actions and intentions of anyone who helped write the New Testament?
2. Complete the following title: "The Race to the..."
3. Who does the author say was not a robber?
4. How does the author describe the Cynics' natures?
5. What two things do the quotes at the beginning of Part Seven contemplate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author interpret the story of Jesus casting demons into a herd of pigs?
2. What does the author think Jesus was an individualist?
3. What does the quote at the beginning of part five comment on?
4. What influence does the author suggest that the Cynics had on Jesus' teachings?
5. How influential does the author think other philosophies were on Jesus' teachings?
6. What was Jesus' opinion of Bethany?
7. Why does the author quote extensively from the gospel of St. Luke?
8. In what way could Christians have a problem with the author factualizing the crucifixion?
9. Why did Jesus' followers reinterpret history to suit their own purposes?
10. What do the two quotes at the beginning of the section comment on?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the books reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author think the gospels used myth New Testament? What are the arguments for and against the gospels use of myth?
Essay Topic 3
What are your views on Christianity after reading the book? What are the argument for and against for and against the book being anti-Christian? What are are your views on the author's argument in the book?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)