|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What miracle does the author talk about in this section?
2. What other disease does the author say attracted negative attention to its victims?
3. Whose leadership did Jesus establish during the miracle of the loaves and the bread?
4. Complete the following sentence: "extended to others as both challenge and ..."
5. Complete the following title: "The Arts of..."
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author think Jesus' followers developed stories about what happened to Jesus' body?
2. In what way does the author think Jesus trod a fine line between the passive and direct forms of confrontation?
3. What does the author think Jesus was an individualist?
4. What influence does the author suggest that the Cynics had on Jesus' teachings?
5. What does the author say about Barabbas in this section?
6. Why does the author quote extensively from the gospel of St. Luke?
7. What effect did the patrron/client relationship have on Greco-Roman society?
8. What does the quote at the beginning of part five comment on?
9. What does the quote at the beginning of part six comment on?
10. What does the author say about Pontius Pilate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are your views on Christianity after reading the book? What are the argument for and against for and against the book being anti-Christian? What are are your views on the author's argument in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Jesus' early life.
1. What was Jesus' upbringing and how did it influence his teachings.
2. What evidence is there to say that Jesus' upbringing as represented in the bible is not historically accurate.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following stories from the New Testament and discuss in which ways they could be said to be either metaphorical or based on myth.
1. Walking on Water.
2. The fish and loaves.
3. The resurrection.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)