|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meal that the author mentions in Part Seven?
2. Which stories does the author break down and analyze at the end of this section?
3. What does the author define disease as?
4. Who would eat the remains of a man left on a cross?
5. Why does the author claim Jesus' followers developed stories about what happened to Jesus' body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What influence does the author suggest that the Cynics had on Jesus' teachings?
2. What does the quote at the beginning of part five comment on?
3. How does the author interpret the story of Jesus casting demons into a herd of pigs?
4. Why does the author think Jesus' followers developed stories about what happened to Jesus' body?
5. What does the author say about Pontius Pilate?
6. What effect did the patrron/client relationship have on Greco-Roman society?
7. In what way does the author think Jesus challenged society by touching the leper?
8. What does the quote at the beginning of part six comment on?
9. How influential does the author think other philosophies were on Jesus' teachings?
10. What does the author say about Paul's revelation of Jesus' power and truth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What different variation does the Q Gospel give on Jesus' teachings? How do the Christians view the Q Gospel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Greco-Roman society in terms of the following.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following historical figures in Crossan's book and discuss how Crossan represents them in the book and why he represents that person in that manner? Are there people who would argue against Crossan's representation of that person's life?
1. Jesus Christ.
2. John the Baptist.
3. James the Just.
4. Herod Antipas.
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)