|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first idea that the author challenges about Jesus in this section?
2. Which authority figure does the author describe as charming?
3. What does one Biblical story say that Jesus cast out of human beings?
4. Which member of Jesus' family lived in Jerusalem?
5. What does the author say defined the actions and intentions of anyone who helped write the New Testament?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say about Paul's revelation of Jesus' power and truth?
2. What does the quote at the beginning of part five comment on?
3. What effect did the patrron/client relationship have on Greco-Roman society?
4. What does the author say about Pontius Pilate?
5. In what way does the author think Jesus challenged society by touching the leper?
6. What does the author say is the intention of Jesus' nature miracles?
7. What does the author think Jesus was an individualist?
8. How does the author interpret the story of Jesus casting demons into a herd of pigs?
9. How influential does the author think other philosophies were on Jesus' teachings?
10. Describe the quotes at the beginning of this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the books reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
What are your views on Christianity after reading the book? What are the argument for and against for and against the book being anti-Christian? What are are your views on the author's argument in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What was the relationship between John the Baptist and Jesus? How does Christianity like to view the relationship between John the Baptist and Jesus? How does John the Baptist influence Jesus?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)