|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the revelations in the New Testament were defined by?
2. What does the author state was different about Jesus and his beliefs about the Kingdom of God?
3. What does the author call Jesus' miracles like walking on water and filling the the fisherman's nets with fish?
4. Who would eat the remains of a man left on a cross?
5. What does the author say is the most controversial aspect of his argument?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does the author think Jesus challenged society by touching the leper?
2. What does the author say about Pontius Pilate?
3. Why did Jesus' followers reinterpret history to suit their own purposes?
4. In what way does the author think Jesus trod a fine line between the passive and direct forms of confrontation?
5. Why does the author quote extensively from the gospel of St. Luke?
6. How does the author interpret the story of Jesus casting demons into a herd of pigs?
7. What were the reasons Jesus went to Jerusalem?
8. In what way could Christians have a problem with the author factualizing the crucifixion?
9. What does the author say is the intention of Jesus' nature miracles?
10. How influential does the author think other philosophies were on Jesus' teachings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author think the gospels used the Old Testament and its prophecies for the New Testament? What are the arguments for and against the gospels mining the Old Testament for information?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Greco-Roman society in terms of the following.
Essay Topic 3
Why was society so in need of a spiritual leader like Jesus? How did Jesus take advantage of this need?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)