|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meal that the author mentions in Part Seven?
2. Whose leadership did Jesus establish during the miracle of the loaves and the bread?
3. What is the first idea that the author challenges about Jesus in this section?
4. What disease does the author compare AIDs to in terms of the reaction of society towards it?
5. What does the author say defined the actions and intentions of anyone who helped write the New Testament?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author think crucifixion was the ultimate form of punishment?
2. What parallels does cross-cultural research draw between Jesus' teachings and other philosophies?
3. How does the author interpret the story of Jesus casting demons into a herd of pigs?
4. What does the author say was the intention of the resurrection stories?
5. In what way does the author think Jesus challenged society by touching the leper?
6. What were the reasons Jesus went to Jerusalem?
7. What does the quote at the beginning of part five comment on?
8. What does the author think Jesus was an individualist?
9. What does the author say is the intention of Jesus' nature miracles?
10. In what way does the author think Jesus trod a fine line between the passive and direct forms of confrontation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author think the gospels used myth New Testament? What are the arguments for and against the gospels use of myth?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following stories from the New Testament and discuss in which ways they could be said to be either metaphorical or based on myth.
1. Walking on Water.
2. The fish and loaves.
3. The resurrection.
Essay Topic 3
What different variation does Joseph's Gospel give on Jesus' teachings? How do the Christians view Joseph's Gospel?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)