|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose leadership did Jesus establish during the miracle of the loaves and the bread?
2. What is the first idea that the author challenges about Jesus in this section?
3. What disease does the author compare AIDs to in terms of the reaction of society towards it?
4. What does the author say the revelations in the New Testament were defined by?
5. What does the author state was different about Jesus and his beliefs about the Kingdom of God?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the quotes at the beginning of this section?
2. What was Jesus' opinion of Bethany?
3. What does the author say is the intention of Jesus' nature miracles?
4. How influential does the author think other philosophies were on Jesus' teachings?
5. Why does the author think crucifixion was the ultimate form of punishment?
6. What does the author say about Barabbas in this section?
7. What does the author say was the intention of the resurrection stories?
8. What parallels does cross-cultural research draw between Jesus' teachings and other philosophies?
9. What do the two quotes at the beginning of the section comment on?
10. Why did Jesus' followers reinterpret history to suit their own purposes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What different variation does the Q Gospel give on Jesus' teachings? How do the Christians view the Q Gospel?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following vectors the author used to present his argument aspects of that vector and how the author uses it to come to his conclusion.
2. Jewish and Greco-Roman history.
3. Literal and textual interpretation.
Essay Topic 3
In what way could Jesus be said to be an individualist? How have Jesus' teaching of individualism effected modern society?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)