|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Part Four?
2. What disease did the person suffer from that the author says Jesus healed?
3. What does the author say is the most controversial aspect of his argument?
4. How does the author think Jesus cured the man of leprosy?
5. Which member of Jesus' family lived in Jerusalem?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author think crucifixion was the ultimate form of punishment?
2. Why did Jesus' followers reinterpret history to suit their own purposes?
3. What were the reasons Jesus went to Jerusalem?
4. What does the author think Jesus was an individualist?
5. What does the author say about Paul's revelation of Jesus' power and truth?
6. What does the author say about Pontius Pilate?
7. What was Jesus' opinion of Bethany?
8. What does the quote at the beginning of part six comment on?
9. How does the author interpret the story of Jesus casting demons into a herd of pigs?
10. In what way does the author think Jesus trod a fine line between the passive and direct forms of confrontation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author think the gospels used the Old Testament and its prophecies for the New Testament? What are the arguments for and against the gospels mining the Old Testament for information?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Greco-Roman society in terms of the following.
Essay Topic 3
What was the relationship between John the Baptist and Jesus? How does Christianity like to view the relationship between John the Baptist and Jesus? How does John the Baptist influence Jesus?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)