|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say is the most controversial aspect of his argument?
2. Which festival was Barabbas' release meant to honor?
3. Complete the following sentence: "careful to distinguish between the rich and the poor, the powerful and the powerless... the aristocrat and the..."
4. Why does the author think that crucifixion is the ultimate punishment?
5. What is the title of the epilogue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author quote extensively from the gospel of St. Luke?
2. Why does the author think Jesus' followers developed stories about what happened to Jesus' body?
3. In what way does the author think Jesus challenged society by touching the leper?
4. What does the author say is the intention of Jesus' nature miracles?
5. What does the author say was the intention of the resurrection stories?
6. What does the author think Jesus was an individualist?
7. What does the quote at the beginning of part six comment on?
8. What does the author say about Pontius Pilate?
9. What effect did the patrron/client relationship have on Greco-Roman society?
10. What were the reasons Jesus went to Jerusalem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How much has Jesus' teaching influenced modern society? How different would it have been if John the Baptist became known as the Chosen One?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the four gospels.
1. What are the similarities and differences between the four gospels?
2. In what way could the four gospels be said to contradict one another?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the books reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)