|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose writings about Jesus' resurrection does the author examine?
2. What disease did the person suffer from that the author says Jesus healed?
3. What does the author say the early Christian community was not immune to?
4. How does the author describe the Cynics' natures?
5. What two things do the quotes at the beginning of Part Seven contemplate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say about Barabbas in this section?
2. What does the author say is the intention of Jesus' nature miracles?
3. What does the quote at the beginning of part five comment on?
4. What does the author say about Pontius Pilate?
5. What were the reasons Jesus went to Jerusalem?
6. Describe the quotes at the beginning of this section?
7. Why does the author think crucifixion was the ultimate form of punishment?
8. What does the author think Jesus was an individualist?
9. What effect did the patrron/client relationship have on Greco-Roman society?
10. What parallels does cross-cultural research draw between Jesus' teachings and other philosophies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How much has Jesus' teaching influenced modern society? How different would it have been if John the Baptist became known as the Chosen One?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the four gospels.
1. What are the similarities and differences between the four gospels?
2. In what way could the four gospels be said to contradict one another?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Greco-Roman society in terms of the following.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)