|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say defined the actions and intentions of anyone who helped write the New Testament?
2. Who does the author say reinterprets the circumstances of Jesus' death?
3. What is the title of Part Four?
4. What other disease does the author say attracted negative attention to its victims?
5. What does the author say must be present for oppressed groups to revolt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What influence does the author suggest that the Cynics had on Jesus' teachings?
2. What do the two quotes at the beginning of the section comment on?
3. Why does the author think Jesus' followers developed stories about what happened to Jesus' body?
4. What does the author say is the intention of Jesus' nature miracles?
5. What parallels does cross-cultural research draw between Jesus' teachings and other philosophies?
6. What does the author say was the intention of the resurrection stories?
7. How influential does the author think other philosophies were on Jesus' teachings?
8. What does the author say about Barabbas in this section?
9. What does the quote at the beginning of part six comment on?
10. What does the author say about Pontius Pilate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What different variation does the Q Gospel give on Jesus' teachings? How do the Christians view the Q Gospel?
Essay Topic 2
How did Josephus represent John the Baptist? In what way and why was Josephus's representation of John the Baptist restricted by the government at the time?
Essay Topic 3
How much has Jesus' teaching influenced modern society? How different would it have been if John the Baptist became known as the Chosen One?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)