|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first idea that the author challenges about Jesus in this section?
2. How does the author describe the Cynics' natures?
3. What other disease does the author say attracted negative attention to its victims?
4. Why does the author think that crucifixion is the ultimate punishment?
5. What did the Romans do with bodies on the crosses if they didn't decide to leave them there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What parallels does cross-cultural research draw between Jesus' teachings and other philosophies?
2. How does the author interpret the story of Jesus casting demons into a herd of pigs?
3. Why does the author think crucifixion was the ultimate form of punishment?
4. What does the author say about Paul's revelation of Jesus' power and truth?
5. What does the author say is the intention of Jesus' nature miracles?
6. Why does the author think Jesus' followers developed stories about what happened to Jesus' body?
7. What influence does the author suggest that the Cynics had on Jesus' teachings?
8. What were the reasons Jesus went to Jerusalem?
9. How influential does the author think other philosophies were on Jesus' teachings?
10. What effect did the patrron/client relationship have on Greco-Roman society?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Greco-Roman society in terms of the following.
Essay Topic 2
What are your views on Christianity after reading the book? What are the argument for and against for and against the book being anti-Christian? What are are your views on the author's argument in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following stories from the New Testament and discuss in which ways they could be said to be either metaphorical or based on myth.
1. Walking on Water.
2. The fish and loaves.
3. The resurrection.
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)