|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title was Jesus' brother bestowed with?
2. The man who asked for Jesus' body after His death was Joseph of ______________.
3. What does the author define disease as?
4. Complete the following title: "The Race to the..."
5. Complete the following title: "The Dogs Beneath the... "
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Jesus' opinion of Bethany?
2. What does the author say about Pontius Pilate?
3. What parallels does cross-cultural research draw between Jesus' teachings and other philosophies?
4. What does the author say was the intention of the resurrection stories?
5. What does the author say is the intention of Jesus' nature miracles?
6. What were the reasons Jesus went to Jerusalem?
7. How influential does the author think other philosophies were on Jesus' teachings?
8. In what way does the author think Jesus trod a fine line between the passive and direct forms of confrontation?
9. Why does the author quote extensively from the gospel of St. Luke?
10. Why does the author think Jesus' followers developed stories about what happened to Jesus' body?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Jesus' early life.
1. What was Jesus' upbringing and how did it influence his teachings.
2. What evidence is there to say that Jesus' upbringing as represented in the bible is not historically accurate.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the four gospels.
1. What are the similarities and differences between the four gospels?
2. In what way could the four gospels be said to contradict one another?
Essay Topic 3
In what way could Jesus be said to be an individualist? How have Jesus' teaching of individualism effected modern society?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)