|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the New Testament was trying to echo?
2. What is the title of the epilogue?
3. Which authority figure does the author describe as charming?
4. Who does the author say was an important part of Jesus' traveling ministry?
5. What is the meal that the author mentions in Part Seven?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the quote at the beginning of part five comment on?
2. What does the author say about Paul's revelation of Jesus' power and truth?
3. Describe the quotes at the beginning of this section?
4. Why does the author think Jesus' followers developed stories about what happened to Jesus' body?
5. In what way could Christians have a problem with the author factualizing the crucifixion?
6. Why does the author think crucifixion was the ultimate form of punishment?
7. What does the author say about Pontius Pilate?
8. What does the author say about Barabbas in this section?
9. What parallels does cross-cultural research draw between Jesus' teachings and other philosophies?
10. How does the author interpret the story of Jesus casting demons into a herd of pigs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Greco-Roman society in terms of the following.
Essay Topic 2
What different variation does Joseph's Gospel give on Jesus' teachings? How do the Christians view Joseph's Gospel?
Essay Topic 3
What was the relationship between John the Baptist and Jesus? How does Christianity like to view the relationship between John the Baptist and Jesus? How does John the Baptist influence Jesus?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)