|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Celsus' book that attacked religion?
2. What does divi filius translate as?
3. What country did Gnaeaus Julius Agricola govern between 77 and 84 C.E.?
4. What subject does the author say history is more complex than?
5. In which river did John baptize Jesus?
Short Essay Questions
1. In One Like a Son of Man what does the author say the original biblical text suggested was a key component of Jesus' teachings?
2. Describe the author's process of research.
3. What does the author think Jesus meant by poor?
4. How does the author think the Old Testament was important in the writing of the New Testament?
5. Why does the author think Christians are uncomfortable with the idea that John the Baptist baptized Jesus?
6. What do the quotes at the beginning of the section comment on?
7. Summarize the two quotes that open this chapter.
8. What is the Q Gospel?
9. What does the author say Jesus' parable about mustard seeds implicate?
10. What does the quote at the beginning of this section comment on?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following historical figures in Crossan's book and discuss how Crossan represents them in the book and why he represents that person in that manner? Are there people who would argue against Crossan's representation of that person's life?
1. Jesus Christ.
2. John the Baptist.
3. James the Just.
4. Herod Antipas.
Essay Topic 2
What different variation does Joseph's Gospel give on Jesus' teachings? How do the Christians view Joseph's Gospel?
Essay Topic 3
In what way were Jesus' teachings a product of oppression? In what way could Jesus be seen as a rebel?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)