|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two disciples were the only ones to give an account of Jesus's birth and early years?
2. What war was fought in 66 C.E.?
3. Which of the following did Jesus not see as an oppressing force?
4. What was Athronges' occupation?
5. What does the author call Jesus' principles of true freedom?
Short Essay Questions
1. In terms of upbringing why does the author say he questions the Jesus represented in the New Testament?
2. What did ancient society believe about children that were not accepted by their father?
3. What is the Q Gospel?
4. Describe the author's process of research.
5. Why does the author think the gospels say that the governor executed Baptist because he criticized his sexual activities?
6. What does the title "The Trojan Caesar Comes refer to?
7. What were the differences between the Baptists and Jesus' teachings?
8. What does the author say the book taught him?
9. What does the quote at the beginning of this section comment on?
10. What influence does the author say he hopes his book has on Christian research?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following stories from the New Testament and discuss in which ways they could be said to be either metaphorical or based on myth.
1. Walking on Water.
2. The fish and loaves.
3. The resurrection.
Essay Topic 2
In what way could Jesus be said to be an individualist? How have Jesus' teaching of individualism effected modern society?
Essay Topic 3
In what way were Jesus' teachings a product of oppression? In what way could Jesus be seen as a rebel?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)