|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Homer's book that talks about waging war abroad?
2. Who does the spirit of God descend upon in the second act of remembrance?
3. What did Simeon say Jesus is destined for?
4. Where did Jesus say men in soft clothing lived?
5. What does the author say Jesus' use of the word poor more accurately translates into?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the two quotes that open this chapter.
2. What does the quote at the beginning of this section comment on?
3. What do the quotes at the beginning of the section comment on?
4. In terms of upbringing why does the author say he questions the Jesus represented in the New Testament?
5. What does the author say are his intentions in this book?
6. Describe the author's process of research.
7. What does the author say compounds the core problem of the different interpretations of Jesus' life?
8. Why does the author think the gospels say that the governor executed Baptist because he criticized his sexual activities?
9. What is the Q Gospel?
10. How does the author think the Old Testament was important in the writing of the New Testament?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the relationship between John the Baptist and Jesus? How does Christianity like to view the relationship between John the Baptist and Jesus? How does John the Baptist influence Jesus?
Essay Topic 2
How much has Jesus' teaching influenced modern society? How different would it have been if John the Baptist became known as the Chosen One?
Essay Topic 3
In what way could Jesus be said to be an individualist? How have Jesus' teaching of individualism effected modern society?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)