|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Herod have a grudge against John the Baptist?
2. What country did Gnaeaus Julius Agricola govern between 77 and 84 C.E.?
3. What kind of seed did Jesus once compare the Kingdom of God to?
4. What did Jesus teach that the Kingdom of God was?
5. Complete the following title: "From Fasting to..."
Short Essay Questions
1. What influence does the author say he hopes his book has on Christian research?
2. What did Jesus say to the author in an imaginary dialogue the author wrote as part of an article?
3. What does the quote at the beginning of this section comment on?
4. What does the title "The Trojan Caesar Comes refer to?
5. What does the author think Jesus meant by poor?
6. What does the author say the book taught him?
7. What were the differences between the Baptists and Jesus' teachings?
8. What do the quotes at the beginning of the section comment on?
9. How does the author describe the class structure during Roman times?
10. What did Jesus teach about the breakup of the family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Jesus' early life.
1. What was Jesus' upbringing and how did it influence his teachings.
2. What evidence is there to say that Jesus' upbringing as represented in the bible is not historically accurate.
Essay Topic 2
Why was society so in need of a spiritual leader like Jesus? How did Jesus take advantage of this need?
Essay Topic 3
What was the relationship between John the Baptist and Jesus? How does Christianity like to view the relationship between John the Baptist and Jesus? How does John the Baptist influence Jesus?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)