|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the following sentence "Do not be afraid Mary, for you..."
2. How does Matthew say Joseph responded to hearing that his wife was pregnant?
3. Which Roman Emperor had a birthday on the 23rd of September?
4. Who ruled Judea from 37 to 4 B.C.E?
5. What does Res Gestae Divi Augusti translate as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the title "The Trojan Caesar Comes refer to?
2. Why does the author think Christians are uncomfortable with the idea that John the Baptist baptized Jesus?
3. What does the author say compounds the core problem of the different interpretations of Jesus' life?
4. Why does the author think the gospels say that the governor executed Baptist because he criticized his sexual activities?
5. What influence does the author say he hopes his book has on Christian research?
6. What does the author think Jesus meant by "focus not just on personal or individual abuse of power but on such abuse in its systemic [form]."?
7. In terms of upbringing why does the author say he questions the Jesus represented in the New Testament?
8. Summarize the two quotes that open this chapter.
9. What do the quotes at the beginning of the section comment on?
10. In One Like a Son of Man what does the author say the original biblical text suggested was a key component of Jesus' teachings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What different variation does Joseph's Gospel give on Jesus' teachings? How do the Christians view Joseph's Gospel?
Essay Topic 2
What different variation does the Q Gospel give on Jesus' teachings? How do the Christians view the Q Gospel?
Essay Topic 3
In what way could Jesus be said to be an individualist? How have Jesus' teaching of individualism effected modern society?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)