|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bishop Butler say probability is the guide of?
2. What aristocratic Jewish historian does the author draw on to examine the Greco-Roman period?
3. What does the author say was pure fiction about Luke's story?
4. What is the title of Homer's book that talks about waging war abroad?
5. Who was prefect of Judea at the time of Jesus' death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say are his intentions in this book?
2. What does the author say about Paul's revelation of Jesus' power and truth?
3. What does the title "The Trojan Caesar Comes refer to?
4. What is the Q Gospel?
5. What parallels does the author draw between Augustus and Jesus' life?
6. What does the author say is the intention of Jesus' nature miracles?
7. What does the author claim is the primary focus of Josephus' writings?
8. Why does the author think that people have interpreted Jesus as being as messianic and apocalyptic as John the Baptist?
9. In One Like a Son of Man what does the author say the original biblical text suggested was a key component of Jesus' teachings?
10. What does the author say was the intention of the resurrection stories?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How much has Jesus' teaching influenced modern society? How different would it have been if John the Baptist became known as the Chosen One?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the books reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
What were the differences between Jesus and John the Baptist's teachings? Why did Jesus' ideas become the foundation for the Christian faith rather than John the Baptist's?
This section contains 1,231 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)