|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ruled during basileia?
2. Which of the following did Jesus see as something that oppressed people?
3. What did Jesus teach that the Kingdom of God was?
4. Complete the following title: "The Apocalyptic..."
5. What war was fought in 66 C.E.?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author think the gospels say that the governor executed Baptist because he criticized his sexual activities?
2. Why does the author think Christians are uncomfortable with the idea that John the Baptist baptized Jesus?
3. What does the title "The Trojan Caesar Comes refer to?
4. What did Jesus teach about the breakup of the family?
5. How does the author think the Old Testament was important in the writing of the New Testament?
6. In terms of upbringing why does the author say he questions the Jesus represented in the New Testament?
7. What parallels does the author draw between Augustus and Jesus' life?
8. What does the author claim is the primary focus of Josephus' writings?
9. What do the quotes at the beginning of the section comment on?
10. What comparisons does the author draw between Luke and Matthew's gospels?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How much has Jesus' teaching influenced modern society? How different would it have been if John the Baptist became known as the Chosen One?
Essay Topic 2
What different variation does the Q Gospel give on Jesus' teachings? How do the Christians view the Q Gospel?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author claim the bible's depiction of Jesus' crucifixion is historically inaccurate? What does the author think are the reasons for these inaccuracies?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)