|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Hebrew word Almah mean in English?
2. Where did Jesus say men in soft clothing lived?
3. Which two disciples were the only ones to give an account of Jesus's birth and early years?
4. Complete the following title: "One Like a Son of..."
5. What is the title of Part Three?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author state there is a need to search for the historical Jesus?
2. What does it mean that Jesus was an artisan?
3. Why did the Romans want to suppress both John the Baptist and Jesus?
4. What influence does the author say he hopes his book has on Christian research?
5. What does the title "The Trojan Caesar Comes refer to?
6. In One Like a Son of Man what does the author say the original biblical text suggested was a key component of Jesus' teachings?
7. What do the quotes at the beginning of the section comment on?
8. In terms of upbringing why does the author say he questions the Jesus represented in the New Testament?
9. What does the author say the book taught him?
10. What did ancient society believe about children that were not accepted by their father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following historical figures in Crossan's book and discuss how Crossan represents them in the book and why he represents that person in that manner? Are there people who would argue against Crossan's representation of that person's life?
1. Jesus Christ.
2. John the Baptist.
3. James the Just.
4. Herod Antipas.
Essay Topic 2
In what way were Jesus' teachings a product of oppression? In what way could Jesus be seen as a rebel?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Jesus' early life.
1. What was Jesus' upbringing and how did it influence his teachings.
2. What evidence is there to say that Jesus' upbringing as represented in the bible is not historically accurate.
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)