|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the following sentence from Virgil's poem the Aenei: "Roman, remember by your strength to..."
2. Who was prefect of Judea at the time of Jesus' death?
3. How did people view mustard during the time of Jesus?
4. Where did the Pharoah order their soldiers to throw the Israelites' babies?
5. What did Jesus teach that the Kingdom of God was?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the two quotes that open this chapter.
2. How does the author think the Old Testament was important in the writing of the New Testament?
3. Why does the author think Christians are uncomfortable with the idea that John the Baptist baptized Jesus?
4. What does the quote at the beginning of this section comment on?
5. Why does the author state there is a need to search for the historical Jesus?
6. In terms of upbringing why does the author say he questions the Jesus represented in the New Testament?
7. What influence does the author say he hopes his book has on Christian research?
8. What does the author think Jesus meant by poor?
9. What does the author say compounds the core problem of the different interpretations of Jesus' life?
10. What were the differences between the Baptists and Jesus' teachings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author think the gospels used myth New Testament? What are the arguments for and against the gospels use of myth?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following vectors the author used to present his argument aspects of that vector and how the author uses it to come to his conclusion.
2. Jewish and Greco-Roman history.
3. Literal and textual interpretation.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following historical figures in Crossan's book and discuss how Crossan represents them in the book and why he represents that person in that manner? Are there people who would argue against Crossan's representation of that person's life?
1. Jesus Christ.
2. John the Baptist.
3. James the Just.
4. Herod Antipas.
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)