|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Part Two?
2. Where did Jesus teach people where the Kingdom of Heaven could be found?
3. What kind of seed did Jesus once compare the Kingdom of God to?
4. What is the name of the barren couple in Genesis?
5. In which town was Jesus said to be born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the author's process of research.
2. What does the author say are his intentions in this book?
3. How does the author describe the class structure during Roman times?
4. What does the title "The Trojan Caesar Comes refer to?
5. What does the author claim is the primary focus of Josephus' writings?
6. What does the author think Jesus meant by "focus not just on personal or individual abuse of power but on such abuse in its systemic [form]."?
7. In terms of upbringing why does the author say he questions the Jesus represented in the New Testament?
8. What does the author say the book taught him?
9. Why does the author think Christians are uncomfortable with the idea that John the Baptist baptized Jesus?
10. Why does the author think the gospels say that the governor executed Baptist because he criticized his sexual activities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following historical figures in Crossan's book and discuss how Crossan represents them in the book and why he represents that person in that manner? Are there people who would argue against Crossan's representation of that person's life?
1. Jesus Christ.
2. John the Baptist.
3. James the Just.
4. Herod Antipas.
Essay Topic 2
What was the relationship between John the Baptist and Jesus? How does Christianity like to view the relationship between John the Baptist and Jesus? How does John the Baptist influence Jesus?
Essay Topic 3
How did Josephus represent John the Baptist? In what way and why was Josephus's representation of John the Baptist restricted by the government at the time?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)