|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aristocratic Jewish historian does the author draw on to examine the Greco-Roman period?
2. What sea does the author describe as cruel and beautiful?
3. Which of the disciples is the only one to mention Jesus being a carpenter?
4. Which of the following words does the author define in this section?
5. How does Mark say the spirit descended from the sky?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author think that people have interpreted Jesus as being as messianic and apocalyptic as John the Baptist?
2. What does the author suggest it is time for Christianity to do?
3. What does the author think Jesus meant by poor?
4. Why does the author quote extensively from the gospel of St. Luke?
5. What parallels does cross-cultural research draw between Jesus' teachings and other philosophies?
6. What does the author say compounds the core problem of the different interpretations of Jesus' life?
7. What did Jesus teach about the breakup of the family?
8. What does the author say about Paul's revelation of Jesus' power and truth?
9. Why does the author think Christians are uncomfortable with the idea that John the Baptist baptized Jesus?
10. Summarize the book.
Essay Topic 1
Examine Jesus' early life.
1. What was Jesus' upbringing and how did it influence his teachings.
2. What evidence is there to say that Jesus' upbringing as represented in the bible is not historically accurate.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following vectors the author used to present his argument aspects of that vector and how the author uses it to come to his conclusion.
2. Jewish and Greco-Roman history.
3. Literal and textual interpretation.
Essay Topic 3
In what way were Jesus' teachings a product of oppression? In what way could Jesus be seen as a rebel?
This section contains 1,330 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)