|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first vector?
2. Which of the following did Jesus see as something that oppressed people?
3. Where did Jesus say men in soft clothing lived?
4. Who helped Moses lead the Israelites out of the desert?
5. Who did John the Baptist call the Lamb of God?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say the book taught him?
2. What does the author think Jesus meant by poor?
3. Why does the author think the gospels say that the governor executed Baptist because he criticized his sexual activities?
4. How does the author think the Old Testament was important in the writing of the New Testament?
5. Describe the author's process of research.
6. What does the author say Jesus' parable about mustard seeds implicate?
7. In One Like a Son of Man what does the author say the original biblical text suggested was a key component of Jesus' teachings?
8. What did Jesus teach about the breakup of the family?
9. What does the author claim is the primary focus of Josephus' writings?
10. What did Jesus say to the author in an imaginary dialogue the author wrote as part of an article?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What different variation does Joseph's Gospel give on Jesus' teachings? How do the Christians view Joseph's Gospel?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author think the gospels used myth New Testament? What are the arguments for and against the gospels use of myth?
Essay Topic 3
What were the differences between Jesus and John the Baptist's teachings? Why did Jesus' ideas become the foundation for the Christian faith rather than John the Baptist's?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)