|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jesus teach people where the Kingdom of Heaven could be found?
2. What does Res Gestae Divi Augusti translate as?
3. What was the name of the tribe Anna was from?
4. How do scholars know that Jesus was not middle-class?
5. What does the author call Jesus' principles of true freedom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say the book taught him?
2. What were the differences between the Baptists and Jesus' teachings?
3. In terms of upbringing why does the author say he questions the Jesus represented in the New Testament?
4. In One Like a Son of Man what does the author say the original biblical text suggested was a key component of Jesus' teachings?
5. Why does the author think that people have interpreted Jesus as being as messianic and apocalyptic as John the Baptist?
6. What does the author say compounds the core problem of the different interpretations of Jesus' life?
7. What does the quote at the beginning of this section comment on?
8. Why did the Romans want to suppress both John the Baptist and Jesus?
9. What does it mean that Jesus was an artisan?
10. What does the title "The Trojan Caesar Comes refer to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way could Jesus be said to be an individualist? How have Jesus' teaching of individualism effected modern society?
Essay Topic 2
What was the relationship between John the Baptist and Jesus? How does Christianity like to view the relationship between John the Baptist and Jesus? How does John the Baptist influence Jesus?
Essay Topic 3
Why was society so in need of a spiritual leader like Jesus? How did Jesus take advantage of this need?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)