|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jesus say men in soft clothing lived?
2. What is the title of the other book the author wrote about Jesus in 1991?
(a) The Last Testament Of Christ.
(b) The Historical Jesus: The Life of a Mediterranean Jewish Peasant.
(c) Cross on A Hill: Jesus's Last Hours.
(d) The Passion of Christ: A Doctumentary.
3. Where did Jesus teach people where the Kingdom of Heaven could be found?
(a) In the heavens.
(b) In undiscovered countries.
(c) Under the sea.
(d) In life and relationships.
4. Who helped Moses lead the Israelites out of the desert?
5. What is the name of the Jerusalem man the author calls righteous and devout?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the first act of the book of remembrances?
2. Who does Celus claim was Jesus' legitimate father?
3. What word does the author use to describe Jesus' style of preaching?
4. Who does the author claim inspired Jesus' teachings?
5. What aristocratic Jewish historian does the author draw on to examine the Greco-Roman period?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author think crucifixion was the ultimate form of punishment?
2. What does it mean that Jesus was an artisan?
3. What is the Q Gospel?
4. What influence does the author suggest that the Cynics had on Jesus' teachings?
5. What parallels does the author draw between Augustus and Jesus' life?
6. How does the author summarize all of his theories in the final section?
7. How influential does the author think other philosophies were on Jesus' teachings?
8. What were the reasons Jesus went to Jerusalem?
9. What do the quotes at the beginning of the section refer to?
10. What does the author say are his intentions in this book?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)