|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the first chapter?
(a) The Birth of a Messiah.
(b) A Tale of Two Gods.
(c) Born in a Cow Shed.
(d) Godlike Reason.
2. What country did Gnaeaus Julius Agricola govern between 77 and 84 C.E.?
3. What did Simeon say Jesus is destined for?
(a) The coming of a world peace.
(b) A beautiful love.
(c) The falling and rising of many in Israel.
(d) The death of heathens.
4. Why did Herod have a grudge against John the Baptist?
(a) He told him he was a boring, humorless man.
(b) He told him it was wrong to have his brother's wife.
(c) He told him it was wrong to keep slaves.
(d) He told him his family descended from the lower classes.
5. What is the title of the other book the author wrote about Jesus in 1991?
(a) The Passion of Christ: A Doctumentary.
(b) Cross on A Hill: Jesus's Last Hours.
(c) The Last Testament Of Christ.
(d) The Historical Jesus: The Life of a Mediterranean Jewish Peasant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Matthew say Joseph responded to hearing that his wife was pregnant?
2. Why does the author think the Christians are uneasy with the idea that John baptized Jesus?
3. Which Roman Emperor had a birthday on the 23rd of September?
4. Who helped Moses lead the Israelites out of the desert?
5. What subject does the author say history is more complex than?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Q Gospel?
2. Why did the Romans want to suppress both John the Baptist and Jesus?
3. What did ancient society believe about children that were not accepted by their father?
4. What comparisons does the author draw between Luke and Matthew's gospels?
5. What parallels does the author draw between Augustus and Jesus' life?
6. In terms of upbringing why does the author say he questions the Jesus represented in the New Testament?
7. Summarize the two quotes that open this chapter.
8. What were the differences between the Baptists and Jesus' teachings?
9. What does the title "The Trojan Caesar Comes refer to?
10. What does it mean that Jesus was an artisan?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)