|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject does the author say history is more complex than?
2. Who does Matthew say Jesus escaped from as a child?
3. What is the title of Part Three?
(a) A Kingdom of Nuisances and Nobodies.
(b) Religious Orientation.
(c) The Kingdom of God Is Near.
(d) In the Beginning Is the Body.
4. How does Mark say the spirit descended from the sky?
(a) Like a gull.
(b) Like a swan.
(c) Like a dove.
(d) Like a heron.
5. What did Jesus teach that heaven was not?
(a) A myth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ruled Judea from 37 to 4 B.C.E?
2. What did Bishop Butler say probability is the guide of?
3. Who does the spirit of God descend upon in the second act of remembrance?
4. Complete the following title: In Chains to?
5. What does the author say Jesus' use of the word poor more accurately translates into?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jesus teach about the breakup of the family?
2. What comparisons does the author draw between Luke and Matthew's gospels?
3. Describe the author's process of research.
4. What does the author claim is the primary focus of Josephus' writings?
5. What were the differences between the Baptists and Jesus' teachings?
6. What does the author say are his intentions in this book?
7. What does the title "The Trojan Caesar Comes refer to?
8. What parallels does the author draw between Augustus and Jesus' life?
9. How does the author think the Old Testament was important in the writing of the New Testament?
10. Why does the author think that people have interpreted Jesus as being as messianic and apocalyptic as John the Baptist?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)