|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first emperor of the Roman empire?
2. Which Roman Emperor had a birthday on the 23rd of September?
3. What was Josephus in charge of in the First Roman-Jewish war?
(a) The zealots.
(b) The revolt in Galilee.
(c) The blacksmiths.
(d) The revolt in Bethlehem.
4. What word does the author use to describe Jesus' style of preaching?
5. What did Jesus teach that heaven was not?
(a) A myth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the spirit of God descend upon in the second act of remembrance?
2. Who does Matthew say Jesus escaped from as a child?
3. Complete the following title: "From Fasting to..."
4. What is the title of the first chapter?
5. What is the name of the first vector?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe the class structure during Roman times?
2. What is the Q Gospel?
3. What does the author think Jesus meant by "focus not just on personal or individual abuse of power but on such abuse in its systemic [form]."?
4. What did Jesus teach about the breakup of the family?
5. What does the author say are his intentions in this book?
6. In terms of upbringing why does the author say he questions the Jesus represented in the New Testament?
7. What parallels does the author draw between Augustus and Jesus' life?
8. What does the author claim is the primary focus of Josephus' writings?
9. What did Jesus say to the author in an imaginary dialogue the author wrote as part of an article?
10. What does the quote at the beginning of this section comment on?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)