|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jesus believe about individuals?
(a) They all have the ability to love.
(b) They all had the power to change.
(c) They are all people of God.
(d) They all had something good inside.
2. Who did John the Baptist call the Lamb of God?
3. What is the title of Homer's book that talks about waging war abroad?
(a) Trojan War.
(c) The Odyssey.
(d) The Iliad.
4. Who does Celus claim was Jesus' legitimate father?
(a) An African slave.
(b) John the Baptist.
(c) A Roman soldier.
(d) A Roman politician.
5. What was Josephus in charge of in the First Roman-Jewish war?
(a) The zealots.
(b) The revolt in Bethlehem.
(c) The blacksmiths.
(d) The revolt in Galilee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Moses lead the Israelites out of the desert?
2. What approach to life did John the Baptist see as the way to live a spiritual life?
3. What does the author say was pure fiction about Luke's story?
4. What is the name of the Jerusalem man the author calls righteous and devout?
5. Where did the Pharoah order their soldiers to throw the Israelites' babies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the title "The Trojan Caesar Comes refer to?
2. What does the author think Jesus meant by "focus not just on personal or individual abuse of power but on such abuse in its systemic [form]."?
3. What is the Q Gospel?
4. What did ancient society believe about children that were not accepted by their father?
5. Summarize the two quotes that open this chapter.
6. What does the author say are his intentions in this book?
7. Why does the author state there is a need to search for the historical Jesus?
8. What does the author claim is the primary focus of Josephus' writings?
9. What did Jesus say to the author in an imaginary dialogue the author wrote as part of an article?
10. In One Like a Son of Man what does the author say the original biblical text suggested was a key component of Jesus' teachings?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)