|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which river did John baptize Jesus?
(a) The Jordan.
(b) The Nile.
(c) The Suez.
(d) The Thames.
2. Complete the following sentence from Virgil's poem the Aenei: "Roman, remember by your strength to..."
3. What is the title of the first chapter?
(a) Godlike Reason.
(b) A Tale of Two Gods.
(c) Born in a Cow Shed.
(d) The Birth of a Messiah.
4. What house does the angel say Jesus will reign over forever?
5. Who does the author claim inspired Jesus' teachings?
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) John the Baptist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What approach to life did John the Baptist see as the way to live a spiritual life?
2. Which of Jesus' ideas does the author call profoundly radical?
3. Who does Matthew say Jesus escaped from as a child?
4. Who was prefect of Judea at the time of Jesus' death?
5. Who was the first emperor of the Roman empire?
Short Essay Questions
1. In terms of upbringing why does the author say he questions the Jesus represented in the New Testament?
2. In One Like a Son of Man what does the author say the original biblical text suggested was a key component of Jesus' teachings?
3. What effect did the patrron/client relationship have on Greco-Roman society?
4. What does the author think Jesus meant by poor?
5. What does the quote at the beginning of part six comment on?
6. Why does the author think crucifixion was the ultimate form of punishment?
7. What do the two quotes at the beginning of the section comment on?
8. How does the author think the Old Testament was important in the writing of the New Testament?
9. What influence does the author suggest that the Cynics had on Jesus' teachings?
10. In what way does the author think Jesus challenged society by touching the leper?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)