|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Athronges' occupation?
2. Where did Jesus teach people where the Kingdom of Heaven could be found?
(a) In undiscovered countries.
(b) In life and relationships.
(c) In the heavens.
(d) Under the sea.
3. What kind of seed did Jesus once compare the Kingdom of God to?
(a) The apple seed.
(b) The poppy seed.
(c) The mustard seed.
(d) The pumpkin seed.
4. What famous Jew king lived in Bethlehem?
5. Who was prefect of Judea at the time of Jesus' death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Jesus' disciples talks about his baptism?
2. What words does the author use to describe John the Baptist's style of preaching?
3. Who did Jesus imply is responsible for the suffering of the destitute?
4. Which Jesus does the author say he is trying to locate?
5. Who ruled during basileia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does it mean that Jesus was an artisan?
2. What does the author say Jesus' parable about mustard seeds implicate?
3. In terms of upbringing why does the author say he questions the Jesus represented in the New Testament?
4. What comparisons does the author draw between Luke and Matthew's gospels?
5. What does the author say compounds the core problem of the different interpretations of Jesus' life?
6. What did Jesus say to the author in an imaginary dialogue the author wrote as part of an article?
7. What did ancient society believe about children that were not accepted by their father?
8. Why does the author think Christians are uncomfortable with the idea that John the Baptist baptized Jesus?
9. How does the author describe the class structure during Roman times?
10. What is the Q Gospel?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)