|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who baptized Jesus?
2. Who was prefect of Judea at the time of Jesus' death?
3. Which Jesus does the author say he is trying to locate?
(a) The fictional Jesus.
(b) The child Jesus.
(c) The historical Jesus.
(d) The gospel Jesus.
4. Who was the first emperor of the Roman empire?
5. What aristocratic Jewish historian does the author draw on to examine the Greco-Roman period?
Short Answer Questions
1. What war was fought in 66 C.E.?
2. What is the title of the first chapter?
3. What is the name of the Jerusalem man the author calls righteous and devout?
4. Who helped Moses lead the Israelites out of the desert?
5. What does the author call Jesus' principles of true freedom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the author's process of research.
2. What does the author say are his intentions in this book?
3. Why does the author think that people have interpreted Jesus as being as messianic and apocalyptic as John the Baptist?
4. What does the author say Jesus' parable about mustard seeds implicate?
5. What does the quote at the beginning of this section comment on?
6. Summarize the two quotes that open this chapter.
7. What do the quotes at the beginning of the section comment on?
8. What does the author think Jesus meant by poor?
9. What were the differences between the Baptists and Jesus' teachings?
10. What does the title "The Trojan Caesar Comes refer to?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)