|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does the author use to describe Jesus' style of preaching?
2. Which of Jesus' ideas does the author call profoundly radical?
(a) Freeing murderers.
(b) The worshipping of one God.
(c) Ignoring social distinction.
(d) Peaceful protests.
3. Who does the author claim inspired Jesus' teachings?
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) John the Baptist.
4. What was Athronges' occupation?
5. What was the name of Celsus' book that attacked religion?
(a) Free the People.
(b) Karma Down.
(c) True Doctrine.
(d) One God No Way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Homer's book that talks about waging war abroad?
2. What country did Gnaeaus Julius Agricola govern between 77 and 84 C.E.?
3. Complete the following title: "From Fasting to..."
4. What did Simeon say Jesus is destined for?
5. What is the title of the first chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the differences between the Baptists and Jesus' teachings?
2. What does the author think Jesus meant by "focus not just on personal or individual abuse of power but on such abuse in its systemic [form]."?
3. Why does the author think that people have interpreted Jesus as being as messianic and apocalyptic as John the Baptist?
4. What is the Q Gospel?
5. What parallels does the author draw between Augustus and Jesus' life?
6. What did Jesus teach about the breakup of the family?
7. What comparisons does the author draw between Luke and Matthew's gospels?
8. Why does the author state there is a need to search for the historical Jesus?
9. What does the author claim is the primary focus of Josephus' writings?
10. In terms of upbringing why does the author say he questions the Jesus represented in the New Testament?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)