Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Virgil say clothes the lambs as the graze?
(a) Gold dust.
(d) Angel dust.
2. Who baptized Jesus?
3. What does divi filius translate as?
(a) Child of the Angels.
(b) Son of a divine one.
(c) Beast of Burden.
(d) Devil Foetus.
4. What words does the author use to describe John the Baptist's style of preaching?
5. What do Matthew and Luke both agree on in their testaments?
(a) Jesus escaped to Egypt.
(b) Jesus walking upon water.
(c) Jesus rising from the dead.
(d) The virginial conception of Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the following sentence "Do not be afraid Mary, for you..."
2. Where was John before he appeared publicly to Israel?
3. In which city was Josephus born?
4. Who does Matthew say Jesus escaped from as a child?
5. Who does Celus claim was Jesus' legitimate father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the book.
2. Why does the author think it is ironic that Constantine helped define the Christian faith?
3. What did Jesus teach about the breakup of the family?
4. Why does the author think Jesus' followers developed stories about what happened to Jesus' body?
5. What did Jesus say to the author in an imaginary dialogue the author wrote as part of an article?
6. What effect did the patrron/client relationship have on Greco-Roman society?
7. What comparisons does the author draw between Luke and Matthew's gospels?
8. What influence does the author suggest that the Cynics had on Jesus' teachings?
9. What did ancient society believe about children that were not accepted by their father?
10. What does the author think Jesus meant by "focus not just on personal or individual abuse of power but on such abuse in its systemic [form]."?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)