|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Jesus does the author say he is trying to locate?
(a) The fictional Jesus.
(b) The gospel Jesus.
(c) The historical Jesus.
(d) The child Jesus.
2. What does the name Emmanuel mean?
(a) God is with us.
(b) Jesus died for us.
(c) God is great.
(d) Be happy with what you have.
3. What is the title of the third and most difficult vector?
(a) Genus and Fraud.
(b) Personal or impersonal.
(c) Physical or mental.
(d) Literary or Textual.
4. Who did people think a child had to have been acknowledged by to be someone?
(a) His mother.
(c) His father.
5. What sea does the author describe as cruel and beautiful?
(a) The Dead Sea.
(b) The Indian Sea.
(c) The North Sea.
(d) The Mediterranean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two disciples were the only ones to give an account of Jesus's birth and early years?
2. Who does the author claim inspired Jesus' teachings?
3. Who was assassinated on 44 B.C.E?
4. What country did Gnaeaus Julius Agricola govern between 77 and 84 C.E.?
5. Who did Josephus defend to Nero in 64 C.E.?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe the class structure during Roman times?
2. Why did the Romans want to suppress both John the Baptist and Jesus?
3. What does the quote at the beginning of this section comment on?
4. What does the author think Jesus meant by poor?
5. Why does the author think Christians are uncomfortable with the idea that John the Baptist baptized Jesus?
6. Why does the author state there is a need to search for the historical Jesus?
7. In terms of upbringing why does the author say he questions the Jesus represented in the New Testament?
8. Why does the author think the gospels say that the governor executed Baptist because he criticized his sexual activities?
9. What does the author claim is the primary focus of Josephus' writings?
10. How does the author think the Old Testament was important in the writing of the New Testament?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)