|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jesus say men in soft clothing lived?
2. Who ordered John the Baptist's death?
3. Where does Celsus say religion took its root?
(a) The upper-classes.
(b) The lower-classes.
(c) The middle-classes.
(d) The under-classes.
4. Who did John the Baptist call the Lamb of God?
5. What is the name of the barren couple in Genesis?
(a) Sarah and Abraham.
(b) Mary and Joseph.
(c) Hannah and Elkanah.
(d) Jacob and Rachel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Jesus imply is responsible for the suffering of the destitute?
2. In which country was the gospel of Thomas found?
3. Which of the disciples is the only one to mention Jesus being a carpenter?
4. What does the author say was pure fiction about Luke's story?
5. What concept does the quote talk about at the beginning of this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say compounds the core problem of the different interpretations of Jesus' life?
2. How does the author think the Old Testament was important in the writing of the New Testament?
3. What does it mean that Jesus was an artisan?
4. What did Jesus say to the author in an imaginary dialogue the author wrote as part of an article?
5. What does the author think Jesus meant by "focus not just on personal or individual abuse of power but on such abuse in its systemic [form]."?
6. What comparisons does the author draw between Luke and Matthew's gospels?
7. What does the quote at the beginning of this section comment on?
8. Why does the author state there is a need to search for the historical Jesus?
9. Why does the author think the gospels say that the governor executed Baptist because he criticized his sexual activities?
10. What does the author say Jesus' parable about mustard seeds implicate?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)