|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jesus teach that the Kingdom of God was?
2. In which town was Jesus said to be born?
3. Who was assassinated on 44 B.C.E?
4. What kind of seed did Jesus once compare the Kingdom of God to?
(a) The mustard seed.
(b) The apple seed.
(c) The poppy seed.
(d) The pumpkin seed.
5. What is the title of Part Two?
(a) The Jordan is Not Just Water.
(b) Eartly vs Heavenly Power.
(c) A Kingdom of Nuiscances and Nobodies,
(d) Lambs of the World.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did Jesus flee for?
2. Complete the following title: "The Apocalyptic..."
3. Which of the following did Jesus see as something that oppressed people?
4. What subject does the author say history is more complex than?
5. What concept does the quote talk about at the beginning of this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author interpret the story of Jesus casting demons into a herd of pigs?
2. What were the reasons Jesus went to Jerusalem?
3. What were the differences between the Baptists and Jesus' teachings?
4. What does the author say Jesus' parable about mustard seeds implicate?
5. What does the author think Jesus meant by "focus not just on personal or individual abuse of power but on such abuse in its systemic [form]."?
6. What effect did the patrron/client relationship have on Greco-Roman society?
7. What parallels does the author draw between Augustus and Jesus' life?
8. How does the author summarize all of his theories in the final section?
9. How does the author describe the class structure during Roman times?
10. What does the author say about Pontius Pilate?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)