|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two disciples were the only ones to give an account of Jesus's birth and early years?
(a) Jacob and Paul.
(b) Matthew and Luke.
(c) Mark and John.
(d) Peter and Simon.
2. What does the name Emmanuel mean?
(a) Jesus died for us.
(b) Be happy with what you have.
(c) God is with us.
(d) God is great.
3. What approach to life did John the Baptist see as the way to live a spiritual life?
(d) A big family.
4. What power lines does the author say Jesus wanted to break down?
(a) Class power.
(b) Atheist power.
(c) Governmental power.
(d) Male and age defined power.
5. What does the author call Jesus' principles of true freedom?
(a) Social anthropology.
(b) Radius Linkage.
(d) Radical egalitarianism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What house does the angel say Jesus will reign over forever?
2. Complete the following title: "One Like a Son of..."
3. Who does Celus claim was Jesus' legitimate father?
4. Who helped Moses lead the Israelites out of the desert?
5. In which country was the gospel of Thomas found?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the quote at the beginning of this section comment on?
2. What were the differences between the Baptists and Jesus' teachings?
3. What does the title "The Trojan Caesar Comes refer to?
4. What does the author say Jesus' parable about mustard seeds implicate?
5. What parallels does the author draw between Augustus and Jesus' life?
6. Describe the author's process of research.
7. What did Jesus teach about the breakup of the family?
8. What did ancient society believe about children that were not accepted by their father?
9. What does the author think Jesus meant by "focus not just on personal or individual abuse of power but on such abuse in its systemic [form]."?
10. Summarize the two quotes that open this chapter.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)