|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Jesus imply is responsible for the suffering of the destitute?
(b) The government.
(c) The rich.
(d) The poor.
2. What does Virgil say clothes the lambs as the graze?
(c) Angel dust.
(d) Gold dust.
3. Who did people think a child had to have been acknowledged by to be someone?
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
4. What power lines does the author say Jesus wanted to break down?
(a) Class power.
(b) Atheist power.
(c) Governmental power.
(d) Male and age defined power.
5. How did people view mustard during the time of Jesus?
(a) Hot and tasty.
(b) Dangerous and invasive.
(c) Beautiful and plentiful.
(d) A life saver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ordered John the Baptist's death?
2. In which country was the gospel of Thomas found?
3. What did Jesus teach that the Kingdom of God was?
4. Who was assassinated on 44 B.C.E?
5. Who was the first emperor of the Roman empire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say Jesus' parable about mustard seeds implicate?
2. Why does the author think the gospels say that the governor executed Baptist because he criticized his sexual activities?
3. What does the quote at the beginning of this section comment on?
4. How does the author describe the class structure during Roman times?
5. What does the author think Jesus meant by "focus not just on personal or individual abuse of power but on such abuse in its systemic [form]."?
6. What does the author say are his intentions in this book?
7. How does the author think the Old Testament was important in the writing of the New Testament?
8. Why does the author state there is a need to search for the historical Jesus?
9. What did Jesus teach about the breakup of the family?
10. What does the author claim is the primary focus of Josephus' writings?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)