|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does divi filius translate as?
(a) Devil Foetus.
(b) Son of a divine one.
(c) Beast of Burden.
(d) Child of the Angels.
2. Which Jesus does the author say he is trying to locate?
(a) The child Jesus.
(b) The gospel Jesus.
(c) The historical Jesus.
(d) The fictional Jesus.
3. What power lines does the author say Jesus wanted to break down?
(a) Governmental power.
(b) Atheist power.
(c) Male and age defined power.
(d) Class power.
4. Where does Celsus say religion took its root?
(a) The upper-classes.
(b) The under-classes.
(c) The lower-classes.
(d) The middle-classes.
5. What is the title of Part Two?
(a) Eartly vs Heavenly Power.
(b) The Jordan is Not Just Water.
(c) Lambs of the World.
(d) A Kingdom of Nuiscances and Nobodies,
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Jesus' ideas does the author call profoundly radical?
2. What does the author call Jesus' principles of true freedom?
3. What is the title of the first chapter?
4. In which river did John baptize Jesus?
5. Which of the following did Jesus see as something that oppressed people?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author think the Old Testament was important in the writing of the New Testament?
2. What does the author think Jesus meant by poor?
3. What does the quote at the beginning of this section comment on?
4. What do the quotes at the beginning of the section comment on?
5. What does the author say are his intentions in this book?
6. What comparisons does the author draw between Luke and Matthew's gospels?
7. Why does the author think that people have interpreted Jesus as being as messianic and apocalyptic as John the Baptist?
8. What does the author say Jesus' parable about mustard seeds implicate?
9. What did Jesus say to the author in an imaginary dialogue the author wrote as part of an article?
10. What parallels does the author draw between Augustus and Jesus' life?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)