|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first emperor of the Roman empire?
2. What power lines does the author say Jesus wanted to break down?
(a) Male and age defined power.
(b) Atheist power.
(c) Class power.
(d) Governmental power.
3. What is the title of the other book the author wrote about Jesus in 1991?
(a) The Historical Jesus: The Life of a Mediterranean Jewish Peasant.
(b) Cross on A Hill: Jesus's Last Hours.
(c) The Passion of Christ: A Doctumentary.
(d) The Last Testament Of Christ.
4. What war was fought in 66 C.E.?
(a) World War Two.
(b) First Roman-Jewish War.
(c) The Gulf War.
(d) Second Roman-Jewish War.
5. What is the title of the first act of the book of remembrances?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ordered John the Baptist's death?
2. What country did Gnaeaus Julius Agricola govern between 77 and 84 C.E.?
3. Who does the spirit of God descend upon in the second act of remembrance?
4. Where was John before he appeared publicly to Israel?
5. What country did Jesus flee for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does it mean that Jesus was an artisan?
2. What is the Q Gospel?
3. What does the author claim is the primary focus of Josephus' writings?
4. Summarize the two quotes that open this chapter.
5. In One Like a Son of Man what does the author say the original biblical text suggested was a key component of Jesus' teachings?
6. What does the title "The Trojan Caesar Comes refer to?
7. What does the author say Jesus' parable about mustard seeds implicate?
8. Why does the author think the gospels say that the governor executed Baptist because he criticized his sexual activities?
9. What does the quote at the beginning of this section comment on?
10. What did ancient society believe about children that were not accepted by their father?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)