|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does divi filius translate as?
(a) Devil Foetus.
(b) Child of the Angels.
(c) Beast of Burden.
(d) Son of a divine one.
2. What is the title of Part Three?
(a) In the Beginning Is the Body.
(b) The Kingdom of God Is Near.
(c) A Kingdom of Nuisances and Nobodies.
(d) Religious Orientation.
3. What does the author say Jesus' use of the word poor more accurately translates into?
4. Who did John the Baptist call the Lamb of God?
5. What is the title of the first chapter?
(a) Born in a Cow Shed.
(b) The Birth of a Messiah.
(c) A Tale of Two Gods.
(d) Godlike Reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Pharoah order their soldiers to throw the Israelites' babies?
2. Which of the following did Jesus not see as an oppressing force?
3. What does the Hebrew word Almah mean in English?
4. What power lines does the author say Jesus wanted to break down?
5. What did Jesus teach that heaven was not?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jesus teach about the breakup of the family?
2. Why does the author state there is a need to search for the historical Jesus?
3. What does the author think Jesus meant by poor?
4. How does the author describe the class structure during Roman times?
5. What does the author say are his intentions in this book?
6. What does it mean that Jesus was an artisan?
7. What parallels does the author draw between Augustus and Jesus' life?
8. What does the author say Jesus' parable about mustard seeds implicate?
9. Why does the author think Christians are uncomfortable with the idea that John the Baptist baptized Jesus?
10. What does the quote at the beginning of this section comment on?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)