|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the tribe Anna was from?
2. What did Jesus teach that heaven was not?
(b) A myth.
3. What country did Jesus flee for?
4. What type of society was Roman society?
5. What did Simeon say Jesus is destined for?
(a) The death of heathens.
(b) The falling and rising of many in Israel.
(c) The coming of a world peace.
(d) A beautiful love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the first chapter?
2. Who does Celus claim was Jesus' legitimate father?
3. Which of Jesus' ideas does the author call profoundly radical?
4. How did people view mustard during the time of Jesus?
5. In which city was Josephus born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author think Jesus meant by poor?
2. What parallels does the author draw between Augustus and Jesus' life?
3. What do the quotes at the beginning of the section comment on?
4. What does the title "The Trojan Caesar Comes refer to?
5. What comparisons does the author draw between Luke and Matthew's gospels?
6. Describe the author's process of research.
7. What does the author say compounds the core problem of the different interpretations of Jesus' life?
8. In One Like a Son of Man what does the author say the original biblical text suggested was a key component of Jesus' teachings?
9. Why does the author state there is a need to search for the historical Jesus?
10. What were the differences between the Baptists and Jesus' teachings?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)