|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sea does the author describe as cruel and beautiful?
(a) The Indian Sea.
(b) The Mediterranean.
(c) The North Sea.
(d) The Dead Sea.
2. Where did Jesus say men in soft clothing lived?
3. Which Roman Emperor had a birthday on the 23rd of September?
4. What does divi filius translate as?
(a) Beast of Burden.
(b) Devil Foetus.
(c) Child of the Angels.
(d) Son of a divine one.
5. How did people view mustard during the time of Jesus?
(a) Hot and tasty.
(b) Beautiful and plentiful.
(c) Dangerous and invasive.
(d) A life saver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jesus teach people where the Kingdom of Heaven could be found?
2. Which of the following words does the author define in this section?
3. Which Jesus does the author say he is trying to locate?
4. What does the author call Jesus' principles of true freedom?
5. What is the name of the barren couple in Genesis?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author think the Old Testament was important in the writing of the New Testament?
2. What did Jesus teach about the breakup of the family?
3. What is the Q Gospel?
4. What parallels does the author draw between Augustus and Jesus' life?
5. What does the author say compounds the core problem of the different interpretations of Jesus' life?
6. Why did the Romans want to suppress both John the Baptist and Jesus?
7. How does the author describe the class structure during Roman times?
8. What did ancient society believe about children that were not accepted by their father?
9. Summarize the two quotes that open this chapter.
10. What does the author think Jesus meant by poor?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)