|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Part Two?
(a) The Jordan is Not Just Water.
(b) A Kingdom of Nuiscances and Nobodies,
(c) Eartly vs Heavenly Power.
(d) Lambs of the World.
2. What was Josephus in charge of in the First Roman-Jewish war?
(a) The zealots.
(b) The blacksmiths.
(c) The revolt in Galilee.
(d) The revolt in Bethlehem.
3. Where was John before he appeared publicly to Israel?
(b) The wilderness.
4. Who does the spirit of God descend upon in the second act of remembrance?
5. Who helped Moses lead the Israelites out of the desert?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the other book the author wrote about Jesus in 1991?
2. Who ordered John the Baptist's death?
3. What does the author say Jesus' use of the word poor more accurately translates into?
4. What approach to life did John the Baptist see as the way to live a spiritual life?
5. Complete the following title: "The Apocalyptic..."
Short Essay Questions
1. What did ancient society believe about children that were not accepted by their father?
2. What does the quote at the beginning of this section comment on?
3. Why does the author think that people have interpreted Jesus as being as messianic and apocalyptic as John the Baptist?
4. What influence does the author say he hopes his book has on Christian research?
5. Why does the author state there is a need to search for the historical Jesus?
6. What does the author think Jesus meant by poor?
7. What does the author think Jesus meant by "focus not just on personal or individual abuse of power but on such abuse in its systemic [form]."?
8. What does it mean that Jesus was an artisan?
9. What did Jesus teach about the breakup of the family?
10. In terms of upbringing why does the author say he questions the Jesus represented in the New Testament?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)