|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Celsus' book that attacked religion?
(a) Karma Down.
(b) True Doctrine.
(c) One God No Way.
(d) Free the People.
2. What country did Gnaeaus Julius Agricola govern between 77 and 84 C.E.?
3. What kind of seed did Jesus once compare the Kingdom of God to?
(a) The poppy seed.
(b) The mustard seed.
(c) The pumpkin seed.
(d) The apple seed.
4. Where did Jesus teach people where the Kingdom of Heaven could be found?
(a) In life and relationships.
(b) Under the sea.
(c) In undiscovered countries.
(d) In the heavens.
5. Who did people think a child had to have been acknowledged by to be someone?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Roman Emperor had a birthday on the 23rd of September?
2. Which of the following did Jesus not see as an oppressing force?
3. Who was the first emperor of the Roman empire?
4. What famous Jew king lived in Bethlehem?
5. How does Mark say the spirit descended from the sky?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say Jesus' parable about mustard seeds implicate?
2. What does the author say the book taught him?
3. What does the author think Jesus meant by poor?
4. Why did the Romans want to suppress both John the Baptist and Jesus?
5. Why does the author think that people have interpreted Jesus as being as messianic and apocalyptic as John the Baptist?
6. What did Jesus say to the author in an imaginary dialogue the author wrote as part of an article?
7. How does the author describe the class structure during Roman times?
8. In One Like a Son of Man what does the author say the original biblical text suggested was a key component of Jesus' teachings?
9. What did ancient society believe about children that were not accepted by their father?
10. Why does the author think Christians are uncomfortable with the idea that John the Baptist baptized Jesus?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)