|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Roman Emperor had a birthday on the 23rd of September?
2. What approach to life did John the Baptist see as the way to live a spiritual life?
(d) A big family.
3. Which two disciples were the only ones to give an account of Jesus's birth and early years?
(a) Jacob and Paul.
(b) Peter and Simon.
(c) Mark and John.
(d) Matthew and Luke.
4. Who ordered John the Baptist's death?
5. Complete the following title: "One Like a Son of..."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jesus teach that the Kingdom of God was?
2. What did Jesus teach that heaven was not?
3. Which of the following did Jesus see as something that oppressed people?
4. In which city was Josephus born?
5. What is the name of the Jerusalem man the author calls righteous and devout?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jesus teach about the breakup of the family?
2. What did Jesus say to the author in an imaginary dialogue the author wrote as part of an article?
3. What does the author think Jesus meant by poor?
4. In One Like a Son of Man what does the author say the original biblical text suggested was a key component of Jesus' teachings?
5. What does the author say the book taught him?
6. What does the author say are his intentions in this book?
7. Describe the author's process of research.
8. What does the title "The Trojan Caesar Comes refer to?
9. How does the author think the Old Testament was important in the writing of the New Testament?
10. Why did the Romans want to suppress both John the Baptist and Jesus?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)