|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of society was Roman society?
2. What does the name Emmanuel mean?
(a) God is great.
(b) Be happy with what you have.
(c) Jesus died for us.
(d) God is with us.
3. What did Simeon say Jesus is destined for?
(a) The coming of a world peace.
(b) A beautiful love.
(c) The falling and rising of many in Israel.
(d) The death of heathens.
4. What house does the angel say Jesus will reign over forever?
5. In which city was Josephus born?
(a) Tel Aviv.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did John the Baptist call the Lamb of God?
2. What kind of seed did Jesus once compare the Kingdom of God to?
3. Where did the Pharoah order their soldiers to throw the Israelites' babies?
4. Who did Jesus imply is responsible for the suffering of the destitute?
5. Who was prefect of Judea at the time of Jesus' death?
Short Essay Questions
1. In terms of upbringing why does the author say he questions the Jesus represented in the New Testament?
2. What does the quote at the beginning of this section comment on?
3. What did Jesus teach about the breakup of the family?
4. What does the author think Jesus meant by poor?
5. Why does the author think the gospels say that the governor executed Baptist because he criticized his sexual activities?
6. What does it mean that Jesus was an artisan?
7. What is the Q Gospel?
8. What parallels does the author draw between Augustus and Jesus' life?
9. What comparisons does the author draw between Luke and Matthew's gospels?
10. Summarize the two quotes that open this chapter.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)