|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Jesus does the author say he is trying to locate?
(a) The fictional Jesus.
(b) The child Jesus.
(c) The historical Jesus.
(d) The gospel Jesus.
2. Complete the following sentence "Do not be afraid Mary, for you..."
(a) Carry God's son.
(b) Find a man.
(c) Found favor with God.
(d) Experience riches beyond your dream.
3. What type of society was Roman society?
4. Complete the following sentence from Virgil's poem the Aenei: "Roman, remember by your strength to..."
5. What words does the author use to describe John the Baptist's style of preaching?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the first chapter?
2. What word does the author use to describe Jesus' style of preaching?
3. Who ruled during basileia?
4. What was Athronges' occupation?
5. What subject does the author say history is more complex than?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Q Gospel?
2. Summarize the two quotes that open this chapter.
3. How does the author think the Old Testament was important in the writing of the New Testament?
4. What does the author say the book taught him?
5. What does the author say are his intentions in this book?
6. Why does the author think that people have interpreted Jesus as being as messianic and apocalyptic as John the Baptist?
7. What does the title "The Trojan Caesar Comes refer to?
8. What does the author claim is the primary focus of Josephus' writings?
9. What do the quotes at the beginning of the section comment on?
10. Describe the author's process of research.
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)