|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Jesus' disciples talks about his baptism?
2. Who does Matthew say Jesus escaped from as a child?
3. What house does the angel say Jesus will reign over forever?
4. Who did John the Baptist call the Lamb of God?
5. What is the name of the first vector?
(a) Hybrid sociology.
(b) Cross-cultural anthropology.
(c) Historical fact.
(d) Cultural-leanings of the third kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Virgil say clothes the lambs as the graze?
2. What is the title of the third and most difficult vector?
3. What is the title of Part Two?
4. What is the title of the first chapter?
5. In which city was Josephus born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author think Jesus meant by "focus not just on personal or individual abuse of power but on such abuse in its systemic [form]."?
2. What does the author say are his intentions in this book?
3. Summarize the two quotes that open this chapter.
4. How does the author think the Old Testament was important in the writing of the New Testament?
5. In One Like a Son of Man what does the author say the original biblical text suggested was a key component of Jesus' teachings?
6. Why did the Romans want to suppress both John the Baptist and Jesus?
7. What does the title "The Trojan Caesar Comes refer to?
8. What do the quotes at the beginning of the section comment on?
9. What influence does the author say he hopes his book has on Christian research?
10. What does the author say the book taught him?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)