|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the following title: "One Like a Son of..."
2. What type of society was Roman society?
3. What was Athronges' occupation?
4. Where did the Pharoah order their soldiers to throw the Israelites' babies?
(a) In the snake pit.
(b) In the lion caves.
(c) In the river.
(d) In the sea.
5. Who helped Moses lead the Israelites out of the desert?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did people think a child had to have been acknowledged by to be someone?
2. What does the Hebrew word Almah mean in English?
3. In which river did John baptize Jesus?
4. Complete the following sentence "Do not be afraid Mary, for you..."
5. What was the name of Celsus' book that attacked religion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the quote at the beginning of part five comment on?
2. What does the author think Jesus was an individualist?
3. How influential does the author think other philosophies were on Jesus' teachings?
4. What does the author say Jesus' parable about mustard seeds implicate?
5. What parallels does cross-cultural research draw between Jesus' teachings and other philosophies?
6. What does the author claim is the primary focus of Josephus' writings?
7. What does the author suggest it is time for Christianity to do?
8. What parallels does the author draw between Augustus and Jesus' life?
9. Describe the author's process of research.
10. Summarize the two quotes that open this chapter.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)