|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject does the author say history is more complex than?
2. Complete the following title: "From Fasting to..."
(c) Love in.
3. Who baptized Jesus?
4. What kind of seed did Jesus once compare the Kingdom of God to?
(a) The poppy seed.
(b) The pumpkin seed.
(c) The apple seed.
(d) The mustard seed.
5. Why did Herod have a grudge against John the Baptist?
(a) He told him it was wrong to have his brother's wife.
(b) He told him it was wrong to keep slaves.
(c) He told him his family descended from the lower classes.
(d) He told him he was a boring, humorless man.
6. What country did Gnaeaus Julius Agricola govern between 77 and 84 C.E.?
7. What does Res Gestae Divi Augusti translate as?
(a) Petty Arguments at Dwan.
(b) Summer Days in Augustus.
(c) Achievements of the Divine Augustus.
(d) The Reign of the Divine Augustus.
8. Where does Celsus say religion took its root?
(a) The under-classes.
(b) The lower-classes.
(c) The upper-classes.
(d) The middle-classes.
9. Who was assassinated on 44 B.C.E?
10. Why does the author think the Christians are uneasy with the idea that John baptized Jesus?
(a) It makes Jesus sound sinful.
(b) It makes John sound like a prophet.
(c) It goes against the claim that Jesus was afraid of water.
(d) It makes Jesus seem human.
11. Who was the first emperor of the Roman empire?
12. Complete the following title: "The Apocalyptic..."
13. What is the title of the first chapter?
(a) A Tale of Two Gods.
(b) The Birth of a Messiah.
(c) Godlike Reason.
(d) Born in a Cow Shed.
14. In which city was Josephus born?
(c) New York.
(d) Tel Aviv.
15. What is the title of Part Two?
(a) Lambs of the World.
(b) Eartly vs Heavenly Power.
(c) The Jordan is Not Just Water.
(d) A Kingdom of Nuiscances and Nobodies,
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jesus teach that the Kingdom of God was?
2. What words does the author use to describe John the Baptist's style of preaching?
3. Which Jesus does the author say he is trying to locate?
4. Who ordered John the Baptist's death?
5. What was the name of Celsus' book that attacked religion?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)