|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Celsus say religion took its root?
(a) The under-classes.
(b) The lower-classes.
(c) The upper-classes.
(d) The middle-classes.
2. Who baptized Jesus?
3. What was the name of Celsus' book that attacked religion?
(a) Karma Down.
(b) Free the People.
(c) One God No Way.
(d) True Doctrine.
4. Who does Matthew say Jesus escaped from as a child?
5. In which country was the gospel of Thomas found?
6. What approach to life did John the Baptist see as the way to live a spiritual life?
(a) A big family.
7. What does divi filius translate as?
(a) Son of a divine one.
(b) Beast of Burden.
(c) Devil Foetus.
(d) Child of the Angels.
8. In which city was Josephus born?
(b) Tel Aviv.
(d) New York.
9. Who ruled Judea from 37 to 4 B.C.E?
10. What house does the angel say Jesus will reign over forever?
11. What does the author say Jesus' use of the word poor more accurately translates into?
12. What is the name of the Jerusalem man the author calls righteous and devout?
13. Which of Jesus' ideas does the author call profoundly radical?
(a) Freeing murderers.
(b) The worshipping of one God.
(c) Ignoring social distinction.
(d) Peaceful protests.
14. Complete the following title: In Chains to?
15. In which river did John baptize Jesus?
(a) The Jordan.
(b) The Suez.
(c) The Nile.
(d) The Thames.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the barren couple in Genesis?
2. Who does Celus claim was Jesus' legitimate father?
3. What is the name of the first vector?
4. Which two disciples were the only ones to give an account of Jesus's birth and early years?
5. Which Jesus does the author say he is trying to locate?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)