|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Jesus' ideas does the author call profoundly radical?
(a) Peaceful protests.
(b) Ignoring social distinction.
(c) The worshipping of one God.
(d) Freeing murderers.
2. Which two disciples were the only ones to give an account of Jesus's birth and early years?
(a) Mark and John.
(b) Matthew and Luke.
(c) Jacob and Paul.
(d) Peter and Simon.
3. Why does the author think the Christians are uneasy with the idea that John baptized Jesus?
(a) It makes Jesus seem human.
(b) It goes against the claim that Jesus was afraid of water.
(c) It makes Jesus sound sinful.
(d) It makes John sound like a prophet.
4. What was Athronges' occupation?
5. Which of the following did Jesus see as something that oppressed people?
6. What is the name of the first vector?
(a) Cultural-leanings of the third kind.
(b) Cross-cultural anthropology.
(c) Historical fact.
(d) Hybrid sociology.
7. What is the title of Homer's book that talks about waging war abroad?
(a) The Iliad.
(c) Trojan War.
(d) The Odyssey.
8. Who was prefect of Judea at the time of Jesus' death?
9. What did Jesus teach that the Kingdom of God was?
10. How do scholars know that Jesus was not middle-class?
(a) Jesus was a king.
(b) There was no middle-class in ancient societies.
(c) Carpenters could only be members of the working-class.
(d) Jesus was born into poverty.
11. What concept does the quote talk about at the beginning of this section?
12. What is the title of the third and most difficult vector?
(a) Genus and Fraud.
(b) Physical or mental.
(c) Literary or Textual.
(d) Personal or impersonal.
13. Who did people think a child had to have been acknowledged by to be someone?
(a) His father.
(c) His mother.
14. Who does Celus claim was Jesus' legitimate father?
(a) A Roman politician.
(b) An African slave.
(c) A Roman soldier.
(d) John the Baptist.
15. What house does the angel say Jesus will reign over forever?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words does the author define in this section?
2. What sea does the author describe as cruel and beautiful?
3. What was the name of Celsus' book that attacked religion?
4. Who ruled Judea from 37 to 4 B.C.E?
5. Which Roman Emperor had a birthday on the 23rd of September?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)