|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the following title: In Chains to?
2. What did Jesus teach that heaven was not?
(b) A myth.
3. Who did Josephus defend to Nero in 64 C.E.?
(c) John the Baptist.
(d) His brother Jacob.
4. Which Roman Emperor had a birthday on the 23rd of September?
5. What is the name of the barren couple in Genesis?
(a) Hannah and Elkanah.
(b) Sarah and Abraham.
(c) Mary and Joseph.
(d) Jacob and Rachel.
6. What subject does the author say history is more complex than?
7. Who helped Moses lead the Israelites out of the desert?
8. How does Matthew say Joseph responded to hearing that his wife was pregnant?
(a) He told her he wanted a divorce.
(b) He broke down in tears.
(c) He asked for God's help.
(d) He left for Egypt.
9. Complete the following title: "From Fasting to..."
(b) Love in.
10. In which country was the gospel of Thomas found?
11. Complete the following title: "The Apocalyptic..."
12. What is the title of Part Three?
(a) In the Beginning Is the Body.
(b) The Kingdom of God Is Near.
(c) A Kingdom of Nuisances and Nobodies.
(d) Religious Orientation.
13. What did Jesus believe about individuals?
(a) They all had something good inside.
(b) They are all people of God.
(c) They all have the ability to love.
(d) They all had the power to change.
14. Complete the following sentence from Virgil's poem the Aenei: "Roman, remember by your strength to..."
15. What did Jesus teach that the Kingdom of God was?
Short Answer Questions
1. What war was fought in 66 C.E.?
2. What famous Jew king lived in Bethlehem?
3. What does the name Emmanuel mean?
4. What words does the author use to describe John the Baptist's style of preaching?
5. What does divi filius translate as?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)