|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aristocratic Jewish historian does the author draw on to examine the Greco-Roman period?
2. What does Res Gestae Divi Augusti translate as?
(a) The Reign of the Divine Augustus.
(b) Petty Arguments at Dwan.
(c) Achievements of the Divine Augustus.
(d) Summer Days in Augustus.
3. Which of Jesus' ideas does the author call profoundly radical?
(a) Ignoring social distinction.
(b) Freeing murderers.
(c) Peaceful protests.
(d) The worshipping of one God.
4. What country did Gnaeaus Julius Agricola govern between 77 and 84 C.E.?
5. Who does Celus claim was Jesus' legitimate father?
(a) A Roman politician.
(b) John the Baptist.
(c) A Roman soldier.
(d) An African slave.
6. Which of the following did Jesus not see as an oppressing force?
(a) Love and marriage.
(c) Family structure.
(d) Economic structure.
7. Where did Jesus teach people where the Kingdom of Heaven could be found?
(a) Under the sea.
(b) In undiscovered countries.
(c) In the heavens.
(d) In life and relationships.
8. What did Jesus teach that heaven was not?
(d) A myth.
9. In which country was the gospel of Thomas found?
10. What type of society was Roman society?
11. Where did Jesus say men in soft clothing lived?
12. What does the author say Jesus' use of the word poor more accurately translates into?
13. Which two disciples were the only ones to give an account of Jesus's birth and early years?
(a) Mark and John.
(b) Jacob and Paul.
(c) Peter and Simon.
(d) Matthew and Luke.
14. Which of the following did Jesus see as something that oppressed people?
15. What is the title of Homer's book that talks about waging war abroad?
(a) The Odyssey.
(c) Trojan War.
(d) The Iliad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject does the author say history is more complex than?
2. Complete the following title: "From Fasting to..."
3. What is the name of the barren couple in Genesis?
4. Who was the first emperor of the Roman empire?
5. What war was fought in 66 C.E.?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)