|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first emperor of the Roman empire?
2. What does the author say was pure fiction about Luke's story?
(a) Jesus being born in a manger.
(b) Jesus having a last supper.
(c) Mary being a virgin.
(d) Mary and Jospeh's journey to Nazareth.
3. What aristocratic Jewish historian does the author draw on to examine the Greco-Roman period?
4. What words does the author use to describe John the Baptist's style of preaching?
5. Who does Matthew say Jesus escaped from as a child?
6. Complete the following sentence "Do not be afraid Mary, for you..."
(a) Experience riches beyond your dream.
(b) Find a man.
(c) Found favor with God.
(d) Carry God's son.
7. In which river did John baptize Jesus?
(a) The Thames.
(b) The Jordan.
(c) The Suez.
(d) The Nile.
8. What was the name of the tribe Anna was from?
9. Complete the following title: "The Apocalyptic..."
10. Where does Celsus say religion took its root?
(a) The middle-classes.
(b) The under-classes.
(c) The lower-classes.
(d) The upper-classes.
11. Who helped Moses lead the Israelites out of the desert?
12. What type of society was Roman society?
13. What is the title of the first chapter?
(a) Godlike Reason.
(b) The Birth of a Messiah.
(c) A Tale of Two Gods.
(d) Born in a Cow Shed.
14. What war was fought in 66 C.E.?
(a) The Gulf War.
(b) Second Roman-Jewish War.
(c) World War Two.
(d) First Roman-Jewish War.
15. What house does the angel say Jesus will reign over forever?
Short Answer Questions
1. What approach to life did John the Baptist see as the way to live a spiritual life?
2. What did Jesus teach that heaven was not?
3. Who was assassinated on 44 B.C.E?
4. Who baptized Jesus?
5. In which country was the gospel of Thomas found?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)