|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Jesus not see as an oppressing force?
(a) Love and marriage.
(b) Family structure.
(c) Economic structure.
2. What is the name of the barren couple in Genesis?
(a) Hannah and Elkanah.
(b) Mary and Joseph.
(c) Jacob and Rachel.
(d) Sarah and Abraham.
3. In which country was the gospel of Thomas found?
4. Which of the following did Jesus see as something that oppressed people?
5. What approach to life did John the Baptist see as the way to live a spiritual life?
(b) A big family.
6. Where did Jesus teach people where the Kingdom of Heaven could be found?
(a) In the heavens.
(b) In undiscovered countries.
(c) In life and relationships.
(d) Under the sea.
7. What kind of seed did Jesus once compare the Kingdom of God to?
(a) The mustard seed.
(b) The pumpkin seed.
(c) The poppy seed.
(d) The apple seed.
8. How did people view mustard during the time of Jesus?
(a) Hot and tasty.
(b) A life saver.
(c) Dangerous and invasive.
(d) Beautiful and plentiful.
9. What is the title of the first chapter?
(a) A Tale of Two Gods.
(b) The Birth of a Messiah.
(c) Godlike Reason.
(d) Born in a Cow Shed.
10. Who did Jesus imply is responsible for the suffering of the destitute?
(b) The government.
(c) The poor.
(d) The rich.
11. Who does Celus claim was Jesus' legitimate father?
(a) A Roman soldier.
(b) An African slave.
(c) A Roman politician.
(d) John the Baptist.
12. In which town was Jesus said to be born?
13. What is the title of Part Two?
(a) A Kingdom of Nuiscances and Nobodies,
(b) Lambs of the World.
(c) The Jordan is Not Just Water.
(d) Eartly vs Heavenly Power.
14. What does the author call Jesus' principles of true freedom?
(a) Radical egalitarianism.
(b) Radius Linkage.
(d) Social anthropology.
15. What does the author say was pure fiction about Luke's story?
(a) Jesus being born in a manger.
(b) Jesus having a last supper.
(c) Mary being a virgin.
(d) Mary and Jospeh's journey to Nazareth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words does the author define in this section?
2. Who ruled during basileia?
3. What is the name of the first vector?
4. Who ruled Judea from 37 to 4 B.C.E?
5. What war was fought in 66 C.E.?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)