|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concept does the quote talk about at the beginning of this section?
2. Who was assassinated on 44 B.C.E?
3. Who baptized Jesus?
4. What is the title of the other book the author wrote about Jesus in 1991?
(a) The Historical Jesus: The Life of a Mediterranean Jewish Peasant.
(b) The Passion of Christ: A Doctumentary.
(c) The Last Testament Of Christ.
(d) Cross on A Hill: Jesus's Last Hours.
5. Where did the Pharoah order their soldiers to throw the Israelites' babies?
(a) In the sea.
(b) In the river.
(c) In the lion caves.
(d) In the snake pit.
6. What kind of seed did Jesus once compare the Kingdom of God to?
(a) The apple seed.
(b) The mustard seed.
(c) The poppy seed.
(d) The pumpkin seed.
7. What does the name Emmanuel mean?
(a) Be happy with what you have.
(b) God is with us.
(c) God is great.
(d) Jesus died for us.
8. In which country was the gospel of Thomas found?
9. Which of Jesus' ideas does the author call profoundly radical?
(a) Ignoring social distinction.
(b) Peaceful protests.
(c) Freeing murderers.
(d) The worshipping of one God.
10. What does Virgil say clothes the lambs as the graze?
(a) Angel dust.
(b) Gold dust.
11. What is the title of the first chapter?
(a) A Tale of Two Gods.
(b) Godlike Reason.
(c) The Birth of a Messiah.
(d) Born in a Cow Shed.
12. Who was prefect of Judea at the time of Jesus' death?
13. Who was the first emperor of the Roman empire?
14. Who does Celus claim was Jesus' legitimate father?
(a) A Roman politician.
(b) An African slave.
(c) John the Baptist.
(d) A Roman soldier.
15. Complete the following title: "One Like a Son of..."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jesus say men in soft clothing lived?
2. What subject does the author say history is more complex than?
3. How do scholars know that Jesus was not middle-class?
4. What does Res Gestae Divi Augusti translate as?
5. Which Jesus does the author say he is trying to locate?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)