|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did John the Baptist call the Lamb of God?
2. Which Jesus does the author say he is trying to locate?
(a) The child Jesus.
(b) The historical Jesus.
(c) The fictional Jesus.
(d) The gospel Jesus.
3. Who does Matthew say Jesus escaped from as a child?
4. What does divi filius translate as?
(a) Son of a divine one.
(b) Beast of Burden.
(c) Devil Foetus.
(d) Child of the Angels.
5. Which of Jesus' disciples talks about his baptism?
6. What sea does the author describe as cruel and beautiful?
(a) The Mediterranean.
(b) The Dead Sea.
(c) The North Sea.
(d) The Indian Sea.
7. Where does Celsus say religion took its root?
(a) The upper-classes.
(b) The lower-classes.
(c) The under-classes.
(d) The middle-classes.
8. Who does the author claim inspired Jesus' teachings?
(c) John the Baptist.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
9. Who did Jesus imply is responsible for the suffering of the destitute?
(a) The rich.
(b) The government.
(d) The poor.
10. What does the Hebrew word Almah mean in English?
(a) A man of God.
(b) A newly married virgin.
(c) An evil spirit.
(d) Child born out of wedlock.
11. Who does the spirit of God descend upon in the second act of remembrance?
12. What does the author say Jesus' use of the word poor more accurately translates into?
13. Who ruled Judea from 37 to 4 B.C.E?
14. In which country was the gospel of Thomas found?
15. What kind of seed did Jesus once compare the Kingdom of God to?
(a) The pumpkin seed.
(b) The poppy seed.
(c) The apple seed.
(d) The mustard seed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the tribe Anna was from?
2. Where did Jesus teach people where the Kingdom of Heaven could be found?
3. What type of society was Roman society?
4. What is the English translation of the German word quelle?
5. What did Jesus believe about individuals?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)