|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Hebrew word Almah mean in English?
(a) A newly married virgin.
(b) An evil spirit.
(c) Child born out of wedlock.
(d) A man of God.
2. Who ordered John the Baptist's death?
3. Who did John the Baptist call the Lamb of God?
4. What does Virgil say clothes the lambs as the graze?
(b) Gold dust.
(d) Angel dust.
5. Who was prefect of Judea at the time of Jesus' death?
6. What is the name of the barren couple in Genesis?
(a) Mary and Joseph.
(b) Sarah and Abraham.
(c) Jacob and Rachel.
(d) Hannah and Elkanah.
7. What type of society was Roman society?
8. How do scholars know that Jesus was not middle-class?
(a) Jesus was born into poverty.
(b) Jesus was a king.
(c) There was no middle-class in ancient societies.
(d) Carpenters could only be members of the working-class.
9. Who ruled during basileia?
(a) The Celts.
(b) The Vikings.
(c) The Romans.
(d) The Greco-Romans.
10. Who did Josephus defend to Nero in 64 C.E.?
(c) John the Baptist.
(d) His brother Jacob.
11. Who did people think a child had to have been acknowledged by to be someone?
(a) His mother.
(c) His father.
12. What did Jesus teach that the Kingdom of God was?
13. What country did Jesus flee for?
14. Who ruled Judea from 37 to 4 B.C.E?
15. Complete the following title: "One Like a Son of..."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Jesus imply is responsible for the suffering of the destitute?
2. What is the name of the Jerusalem man the author calls righteous and devout?
3. Complete the following sentence "Do not be afraid Mary, for you..."
4. Which Jesus does the author say he is trying to locate?
5. Which Roman Emperor had a birthday on the 23rd of September?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)