Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Virgil say clothes the lambs as the graze?
(a) Gold dust.
(d) Angel dust.
2. Who baptized Jesus?
3. What does divi filius translate as?
(a) Child of the Angels.
(b) Son of a divine one.
(c) Beast of Burden.
(d) Devil Foetus.
4. What words does the author use to describe John the Baptist's style of preaching?
5. What do Matthew and Luke both agree on in their testaments?
(a) Jesus escaped to Egypt.
(b) Jesus walking upon water.
(c) Jesus rising from the dead.
(d) The virginial conception of Jesus.
6. Complete the following sentence "Do not be afraid Mary, for you..."
(a) Found favor with God.
(b) Find a man.
(c) Experience riches beyond your dream.
(d) Carry God's son.
7. Where was John before he appeared publicly to Israel?
(c) The wilderness.
8. In which city was Josephus born?
(c) Tel Aviv.
(d) New York.
9. Who does Matthew say Jesus escaped from as a child?
10. Who does Celus claim was Jesus' legitimate father?
(a) A Roman politician.
(b) An African slave.
(c) A Roman soldier.
(d) John the Baptist.
11. What is the title of Homer's book that talks about waging war abroad?
(a) Trojan War.
(c) The Iliad.
(d) The Odyssey.
12. What is the title of Part Two?
(a) The Jordan is Not Just Water.
(b) Eartly vs Heavenly Power.
(c) A Kingdom of Nuiscances and Nobodies,
(d) Lambs of the World.
13. Complete the following title: "From Fasting to..."
(c) Love in.
14. What country did Gnaeaus Julius Agricola govern between 77 and 84 C.E.?
15. What sea does the author describe as cruel and beautiful?
(a) The Indian Sea.
(b) The North Sea.
(c) The Mediterranean.
(d) The Dead Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did people view mustard during the time of Jesus?
2. How do scholars know that Jesus was not middle-class?
3. Why did Herod have a grudge against John the Baptist?
4. What is the title of the other book the author wrote about Jesus in 1991?
5. What subject does the author say history is more complex than?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)