|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Celsus' book that attacked religion?
(a) Free the People.
(b) One God No Way.
(c) True Doctrine.
(d) Karma Down.
2. What was Josephus in charge of in the First Roman-Jewish war?
(a) The zealots.
(b) The revolt in Bethlehem.
(c) The blacksmiths.
(d) The revolt in Galilee.
3. Where does Celsus say religion took its root?
(a) The middle-classes.
(b) The under-classes.
(c) The lower-classes.
(d) The upper-classes.
4. What is the title of the other book the author wrote about Jesus in 1991?
(a) Cross on A Hill: Jesus's Last Hours.
(b) The Historical Jesus: The Life of a Mediterranean Jewish Peasant.
(c) The Last Testament Of Christ.
(d) The Passion of Christ: A Doctumentary.
5. Complete the following title: "From Fasting to..."
(b) Love in.
6. Who was prefect of Judea at the time of Jesus' death?
7. What is the title of Part Two?
(a) The Jordan is Not Just Water.
(b) Eartly vs Heavenly Power.
(c) A Kingdom of Nuiscances and Nobodies,
(d) Lambs of the World.
8. What is the title of the first act of the book of remembrances?
9. How do scholars know that Jesus was not middle-class?
(a) There was no middle-class in ancient societies.
(b) Carpenters could only be members of the working-class.
(c) Jesus was a king.
(d) Jesus was born into poverty.
10. In which town was Jesus said to be born?
11. Complete the following title: In Chains to?
12. Who was assassinated on 44 B.C.E?
13. Which of the following words does the author define in this section?
14. What does Virgil say clothes the lambs as the graze?
(b) Angel dust.
(c) Gold dust.
15. What is the name of the Jerusalem man the author calls righteous and devout?
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did Gnaeaus Julius Agricola govern between 77 and 84 C.E.?
2. Who ordered John the Baptist's death?
3. What approach to life did John the Baptist see as the way to live a spiritual life?
4. In which river did John baptize Jesus?
5. How does Mark say the spirit descended from the sky?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)