|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Jesus not see as an oppressing force?
(a) Economic structure.
(c) Love and marriage.
(d) Family structure.
2. Who ordered John the Baptist's death?
3. What does the name Emmanuel mean?
(a) God is with us.
(b) God is great.
(c) Jesus died for us.
(d) Be happy with what you have.
4. What is the title of the other book the author wrote about Jesus in 1991?
(a) The Last Testament Of Christ.
(b) The Passion of Christ: A Doctumentary.
(c) The Historical Jesus: The Life of a Mediterranean Jewish Peasant.
(d) Cross on A Hill: Jesus's Last Hours.
5. Which of the disciples is the only one to mention Jesus being a carpenter?
6. Complete the following title: "From Fasting to..."
(a) Love in.
7. What kind of seed did Jesus once compare the Kingdom of God to?
(a) The pumpkin seed.
(b) The mustard seed.
(c) The apple seed.
(d) The poppy seed.
8. Who ruled Judea from 37 to 4 B.C.E?
9. What was the name of the tribe Anna was from?
10. What house does the angel say Jesus will reign over forever?
11. What approach to life did John the Baptist see as the way to live a spiritual life?
(a) A big family.
12. In which town was Jesus said to be born?
13. Complete the following title: "One Like a Son of..."
14. Who helped Moses lead the Israelites out of the desert?
15. In which city was Josephus born?
(b) New York.
(c) Tel Aviv.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say was pure fiction about Luke's story?
2. What is the name of the Jerusalem man the author calls righteous and devout?
3. What is the title of Part Three?
4. What word does the author use to describe Jesus' style of preaching?
5. What did Bishop Butler say probability is the guide of?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)