|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concept does the quote talk about at the beginning of this section?
2. Where does Celsus say religion took its root?
(a) The lower-classes.
(b) The middle-classes.
(c) The under-classes.
(d) The upper-classes.
3. Who does Celus claim was Jesus' legitimate father?
(a) A Roman soldier.
(b) John the Baptist.
(c) A Roman politician.
(d) An African slave.
4. What does the Hebrew word Almah mean in English?
(a) An evil spirit.
(b) A man of God.
(c) A newly married virgin.
(d) Child born out of wedlock.
5. Complete the following title: "From Fasting to..."
(c) Love in.
6. Which of the disciples is the only one to mention Jesus being a carpenter?
7. Complete the following title: "The Apocalyptic..."
8. What kind of seed did Jesus once compare the Kingdom of God to?
(a) The pumpkin seed.
(b) The mustard seed.
(c) The poppy seed.
(d) The apple seed.
9. What is the English translation of the German word quelle?
10. What is the title of the third and most difficult vector?
(a) Genus and Fraud.
(b) Physical or mental.
(c) Literary or Textual.
(d) Personal or impersonal.
11. Who ordered John the Baptist's death?
12. Who did people think a child had to have been acknowledged by to be someone?
(a) His mother.
(c) His father.
13. Which of Jesus' ideas does the author call profoundly radical?
(a) Freeing murderers.
(b) The worshipping of one God.
(c) Peaceful protests.
(d) Ignoring social distinction.
14. Where was John before he appeared publicly to Israel?
(c) The wilderness.
15. Which of the following did Jesus not see as an oppressing force?
(b) Economic structure.
(c) Family structure.
(d) Love and marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author claim inspired Jesus' teachings?
2. What is the name of the first vector?
3. Who ruled Judea from 37 to 4 B.C.E?
4. Who did John the Baptist call the Lamb of God?
5. In which city was Josephus born?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)