|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author call Jesus' principles of true freedom?
(a) Radius Linkage.
(c) Radical egalitarianism.
(d) Social anthropology.
2. Who baptized Jesus?
3. How did people view mustard during the time of Jesus?
(a) A life saver.
(b) Beautiful and plentiful.
(c) Dangerous and invasive.
(d) Hot and tasty.
4. What word does the author use to describe Jesus' style of preaching?
5. In which city was Josephus born?
(c) New York.
(d) Tel Aviv.
6. Who was prefect of Judea at the time of Jesus' death?
7. In which town was Jesus said to be born?
8. How do scholars know that Jesus was not middle-class?
(a) Jesus was born into poverty.
(b) Jesus was a king.
(c) There was no middle-class in ancient societies.
(d) Carpenters could only be members of the working-class.
9. What aristocratic Jewish historian does the author draw on to examine the Greco-Roman period?
10. Which of the following words does the author define in this section?
11. Which of the disciples is the only one to mention Jesus being a carpenter?
12. Complete the following sentence from Virgil's poem the Aenei: "Roman, remember by your strength to..."
13. What sea does the author describe as cruel and beautiful?
(a) The Indian Sea.
(b) The Mediterranean.
(c) The North Sea.
(d) The Dead Sea.
14. What does the author say Jesus' use of the word poor more accurately translates into?
15. Who does the spirit of God descend upon in the second act of remembrance?
Short Answer Questions
1. What approach to life did John the Baptist see as the way to live a spiritual life?
2. Who ruled during basileia?
3. Which of the following did Jesus see as something that oppressed people?
4. Who ruled Judea from 37 to 4 B.C.E?
5. Complete the following title: "The Apocalyptic..."
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)