|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Hebrew word Almah mean in English?
(a) A man of God.
(b) An evil spirit.
(c) Child born out of wedlock.
(d) A newly married virgin.
2. Complete the following sentence "Do not be afraid Mary, for you..."
(a) Find a man.
(b) Carry God's son.
(c) Experience riches beyond your dream.
(d) Found favor with God.
3. What is the title of Part Two?
(a) Lambs of the World.
(b) Eartly vs Heavenly Power.
(c) A Kingdom of Nuiscances and Nobodies,
(d) The Jordan is Not Just Water.
4. Who ruled during basileia?
(a) The Romans.
(b) The Celts.
(c) The Greco-Romans.
(d) The Vikings.
5. Which of the disciples is the only one to mention Jesus being a carpenter?
6. What does divi filius translate as?
(a) Child of the Angels.
(b) Devil Foetus.
(c) Son of a divine one.
(d) Beast of Burden.
7. Who helped Moses lead the Israelites out of the desert?
8. What did Bishop Butler say probability is the guide of?
9. What is the title of the first act of the book of remembrances?
10. Who does the author claim inspired Jesus' teachings?
(b) John the Baptist.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
11. Which of Jesus' ideas does the author call profoundly radical?
(a) The worshipping of one God.
(b) Ignoring social distinction.
(c) Peaceful protests.
(d) Freeing murderers.
12. Who was assassinated on 44 B.C.E?
13. Complete the following title: "One Like a Son of..."
14. Who does Matthew say Jesus escaped from as a child?
15. Which of the following did Jesus see as something that oppressed people?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sea does the author describe as cruel and beautiful?
2. Who did Jesus imply is responsible for the suffering of the destitute?
3. Why did Herod have a grudge against John the Baptist?
4. Complete the following title: "From Fasting to..."
5. What is the name of the Jerusalem man the author calls righteous and devout?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)