|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Celus claim was Jesus' legitimate father?
(a) A Roman politician.
(b) An African slave.
(c) A Roman soldier.
(d) John the Baptist.
2. Who ruled during basileia?
(a) The Vikings.
(b) The Romans.
(c) The Celts.
(d) The Greco-Romans.
3. What is the title of the third and most difficult vector?
(a) Genus and Fraud.
(b) Physical or mental.
(c) Literary or Textual.
(d) Personal or impersonal.
4. Who did John the Baptist call the Lamb of God?
5. Which Jesus does the author say he is trying to locate?
(a) The gospel Jesus.
(b) The fictional Jesus.
(c) The child Jesus.
(d) The historical Jesus.
6. Which of the following did Jesus see as something that oppressed people?
7. How does Matthew say Joseph responded to hearing that his wife was pregnant?
(a) He told her he wanted a divorce.
(b) He asked for God's help.
(c) He left for Egypt.
(d) He broke down in tears.
8. Which two disciples were the only ones to give an account of Jesus's birth and early years?
(a) Mark and John.
(b) Jacob and Paul.
(c) Peter and Simon.
(d) Matthew and Luke.
9. How does Mark say the spirit descended from the sky?
(a) Like a gull.
(b) Like a swan.
(c) Like a heron.
(d) Like a dove.
10. Which of Jesus' ideas does the author call profoundly radical?
(a) Peaceful protests.
(b) Ignoring social distinction.
(c) The worshipping of one God.
(d) Freeing murderers.
11. What sea does the author describe as cruel and beautiful?
(a) The Mediterranean.
(b) The Dead Sea.
(c) The Indian Sea.
(d) The North Sea.
12. Why does the author think the Christians are uneasy with the idea that John baptized Jesus?
(a) It makes Jesus sound sinful.
(b) It makes Jesus seem human.
(c) It goes against the claim that Jesus was afraid of water.
(d) It makes John sound like a prophet.
13. In which town was Jesus said to be born?
14. Who ruled Judea from 37 to 4 B.C.E?
15. Where does Celsus say religion took its root?
(a) The lower-classes.
(b) The under-classes.
(c) The middle-classes.
(d) The upper-classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which river did John baptize Jesus?
2. What was Athronges' occupation?
3. What does the Hebrew word Almah mean in English?
4. Complete the following title: In Chains to?
5. Who was prefect of Judea at the time of Jesus' death?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)