|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped Moses lead the Israelites out of the desert?
2. Which two disciples were the only ones to give an account of Jesus's birth and early years?
(a) Matthew and Luke.
(b) Peter and Simon.
(c) Jacob and Paul.
(d) Mark and John.
3. Who did Josephus defend to Nero in 64 C.E.?
(c) John the Baptist.
(d) His brother Jacob.
4. Why did Herod have a grudge against John the Baptist?
(a) He told him he was a boring, humorless man.
(b) He told him his family descended from the lower classes.
(c) He told him it was wrong to have his brother's wife.
(d) He told him it was wrong to keep slaves.
5. What was Athronges' occupation?
6. What type of society was Roman society?
7. Who was prefect of Judea at the time of Jesus' death?
8. What is the title of the first act of the book of remembrances?
9. What house does the angel say Jesus will reign over forever?
10. How do scholars know that Jesus was not middle-class?
(a) There was no middle-class in ancient societies.
(b) Jesus was born into poverty.
(c) Carpenters could only be members of the working-class.
(d) Jesus was a king.
11. What was Josephus in charge of in the First Roman-Jewish war?
(a) The revolt in Galilee.
(b) The zealots.
(c) The blacksmiths.
(d) The revolt in Bethlehem.
12. Who does the spirit of God descend upon in the second act of remembrance?
13. Who was assassinated on 44 B.C.E?
14. Which of Jesus' ideas does the author call profoundly radical?
(a) Ignoring social distinction.
(b) The worshipping of one God.
(c) Peaceful protests.
(d) Freeing murderers.
15. Complete the following title: "From Fasting to..."
(a) Love in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concept does the quote talk about at the beginning of this section?
2. Where did Jesus say men in soft clothing lived?
3. What famous Jew king lived in Bethlehem?
4. What subject does the author say history is more complex than?
5. What was the name of Celsus' book that attacked religion?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)