|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Josephus in charge of in the First Roman-Jewish war?
(a) The zealots.
(b) The revolt in Galilee.
(c) The revolt in Bethlehem.
(d) The blacksmiths.
2. What is the title of the other book the author wrote about Jesus in 1991?
(a) The Last Testament Of Christ.
(b) The Historical Jesus: The Life of a Mediterranean Jewish Peasant.
(c) Cross on A Hill: Jesus's Last Hours.
(d) The Passion of Christ: A Doctumentary.
3. Who did Josephus defend to Nero in 64 C.E.?
(a) John the Baptist.
(b) His brother Jacob.
4. Who ruled during basileia?
(a) The Greco-Romans.
(b) The Vikings.
(c) The Celts.
(d) The Romans.
5. How did people view mustard during the time of Jesus?
(a) A life saver.
(b) Dangerous and invasive.
(c) Beautiful and plentiful.
(d) Hot and tasty.
6. What kind of seed did Jesus once compare the Kingdom of God to?
(a) The poppy seed.
(b) The mustard seed.
(c) The apple seed.
(d) The pumpkin seed.
7. What type of society was Roman society?
8. Who does the author claim inspired Jesus' teachings?
(b) John the Baptist.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
9. What war was fought in 66 C.E.?
(a) First Roman-Jewish War.
(b) Second Roman-Jewish War.
(c) World War Two.
(d) The Gulf War.
10. What power lines does the author say Jesus wanted to break down?
(a) Class power.
(b) Governmental power.
(c) Male and age defined power.
(d) Atheist power.
11. Complete the following title: "The Apocalyptic..."
12. What is the title of the first chapter?
(a) Born in a Cow Shed.
(b) The Birth of a Messiah.
(c) Godlike Reason.
(d) A Tale of Two Gods.
13. Which of the following words does the author define in this section?
14. Where did Jesus teach people where the Kingdom of Heaven could be found?
(a) In undiscovered countries.
(b) In the heavens.
(c) In life and relationships.
(d) Under the sea.
15. What did Jesus believe about individuals?
(a) They all have the ability to love.
(b) They all had the power to change.
(c) They all had something good inside.
(d) They are all people of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Simeon say Jesus is destined for?
2. What is the name of the first vector?
3. In which country was the gospel of Thomas found?
4. Complete the following sentence from Virgil's poem the Aenei: "Roman, remember by your strength to..."
5. What does the author say was pure fiction about Luke's story?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)