|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What approach to life did John the Baptist see as the way to live a spiritual life?
(b) A big family.
2. What country did Gnaeaus Julius Agricola govern between 77 and 84 C.E.?
3. What type of society was Roman society?
4. Complete the following title: In Chains to?
5. Which of Jesus' disciples talks about his baptism?
6. What does Res Gestae Divi Augusti translate as?
(a) Achievements of the Divine Augustus.
(b) Petty Arguments at Dwan.
(c) The Reign of the Divine Augustus.
(d) Summer Days in Augustus.
7. In which country was the gospel of Thomas found?
8. What was the name of the tribe Anna was from?
9. What does divi filius translate as?
(a) Beast of Burden.
(b) Child of the Angels.
(c) Son of a divine one.
(d) Devil Foetus.
10. Who was prefect of Judea at the time of Jesus' death?
11. What is the title of the first chapter?
(a) Godlike Reason.
(b) The Birth of a Messiah.
(c) A Tale of Two Gods.
(d) Born in a Cow Shed.
12. Complete the following title: "From Fasting to..."
(d) Love in.
13. What power lines does the author say Jesus wanted to break down?
(a) Male and age defined power.
(b) Class power.
(c) Governmental power.
(d) Atheist power.
14. Who does Celus claim was Jesus' legitimate father?
(a) John the Baptist.
(b) An African slave.
(c) A Roman politician.
(d) A Roman soldier.
15. What words does the author use to describe John the Baptist's style of preaching?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Hebrew word Almah mean in English?
2. What is the name of the barren couple in Genesis?
3. Which Roman Emperor had a birthday on the 23rd of September?
4. What is the title of Homer's book that talks about waging war abroad?
5. What word does the author use to describe Jesus' style of preaching?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)