|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which river did John baptize Jesus?
(a) The Nile.
(b) The Suez.
(c) The Thames.
(d) The Jordan.
2. How do scholars know that Jesus was not middle-class?
(a) Jesus was born into poverty.
(b) Jesus was a king.
(c) There was no middle-class in ancient societies.
(d) Carpenters could only be members of the working-class.
3. Who did Josephus defend to Nero in 64 C.E.?
(a) John the Baptist.
(d) His brother Jacob.
4. Who baptized Jesus?
5. What war was fought in 66 C.E.?
(a) Second Roman-Jewish War.
(b) World War Two.
(c) The Gulf War.
(d) First Roman-Jewish War.
6. Which of the following did Jesus not see as an oppressing force?
(b) Love and marriage.
(c) Family structure.
(d) Economic structure.
7. Complete the following title: "One Like a Son of..."
8. What did Jesus believe about individuals?
(a) They all had something good inside.
(b) They are all people of God.
(c) They all had the power to change.
(d) They all have the ability to love.
9. Complete the following title: "The Apocalyptic..."
10. How does Matthew say Joseph responded to hearing that his wife was pregnant?
(a) He asked for God's help.
(b) He told her he wanted a divorce.
(c) He broke down in tears.
(d) He left for Egypt.
11. Who was the first emperor of the Roman empire?
12. Why did Herod have a grudge against John the Baptist?
(a) He told him his family descended from the lower classes.
(b) He told him he was a boring, humorless man.
(c) He told him it was wrong to have his brother's wife.
(d) He told him it was wrong to keep slaves.
13. Which of Jesus' ideas does the author call profoundly radical?
(a) Peaceful protests.
(b) The worshipping of one God.
(c) Ignoring social distinction.
(d) Freeing murderers.
14. What does the author call Jesus' principles of true freedom?
(a) Social anthropology.
(b) Radius Linkage.
(d) Radical egalitarianism.
15. Who was assassinated on 44 B.C.E?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Hebrew word Almah mean in English?
2. What is the title of Part Three?
3. How does Mark say the spirit descended from the sky?
4. What type of society was Roman society?
5. What do Matthew and Luke both agree on in their testaments?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)