|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jesus teach people where the Kingdom of Heaven could be found?
(a) In undiscovered countries.
(b) In the heavens.
(c) In life and relationships.
(d) Under the sea.
2. What house does the angel say Jesus will reign over forever?
3. What did Jesus believe about individuals?
(a) They all have the ability to love.
(b) They all had something good inside.
(c) They all had the power to change.
(d) They are all people of God.
4. How does Mark say the spirit descended from the sky?
(a) Like a heron.
(b) Like a dove.
(c) Like a gull.
(d) Like a swan.
5. In which country was the gospel of Thomas found?
6. What was the name of the tribe Anna was from?
7. Which Jesus does the author say he is trying to locate?
(a) The historical Jesus.
(b) The gospel Jesus.
(c) The fictional Jesus.
(d) The child Jesus.
8. How does Matthew say Joseph responded to hearing that his wife was pregnant?
(a) He told her he wanted a divorce.
(b) He asked for God's help.
(c) He left for Egypt.
(d) He broke down in tears.
9. Why does the author think the Christians are uneasy with the idea that John baptized Jesus?
(a) It makes John sound like a prophet.
(b) It makes Jesus sound sinful.
(c) It goes against the claim that Jesus was afraid of water.
(d) It makes Jesus seem human.
10. Which of the following did Jesus not see as an oppressing force?
(a) Economic structure.
(b) Family structure.
(c) Love and marriage.
11. Who was assassinated on 44 B.C.E?
12. What is the title of the first act of the book of remembrances?
13. Which of the following did Jesus see as something that oppressed people?
14. Who ruled Judea from 37 to 4 B.C.E?
15. Where does Celsus say religion took its root?
(a) The middle-classes.
(b) The upper-classes.
(c) The under-classes.
(d) The lower-classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author claim inspired Jesus' teachings?
2. Which of the following words does the author define in this section?
3. Which of Jesus' ideas does the author call profoundly radical?
4. Which two disciples were the only ones to give an account of Jesus's birth and early years?
5. What did Simeon say Jesus is destined for?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)