|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words does the author use to describe John the Baptist's style of preaching?
2. What did Jesus believe about individuals?
(a) They all had the power to change.
(b) They are all people of God.
(c) They all have the ability to love.
(d) They all had something good inside.
3. In which river did John baptize Jesus?
(a) The Nile.
(b) The Suez.
(c) The Jordan.
(d) The Thames.
4. What is the title of the other book the author wrote about Jesus in 1991?
(a) Cross on A Hill: Jesus's Last Hours.
(b) The Passion of Christ: A Doctumentary.
(c) The Last Testament Of Christ.
(d) The Historical Jesus: The Life of a Mediterranean Jewish Peasant.
5. How does Mark say the spirit descended from the sky?
(a) Like a dove.
(b) Like a heron.
(c) Like a gull.
(d) Like a swan.
6. What is the name of the barren couple in Genesis?
(a) Mary and Joseph.
(b) Sarah and Abraham.
(c) Hannah and Elkanah.
(d) Jacob and Rachel.
7. Who did Josephus defend to Nero in 64 C.E.?
(c) John the Baptist.
(d) His brother Jacob.
8. Who was assassinated on 44 B.C.E?
9. Complete the following title: In Chains to?
10. What war was fought in 66 C.E.?
(a) World War Two.
(b) The Gulf War.
(c) Second Roman-Jewish War.
(d) First Roman-Jewish War.
11. In which town was Jesus said to be born?
12. What did Simeon say Jesus is destined for?
(a) The falling and rising of many in Israel.
(b) The coming of a world peace.
(c) The death of heathens.
(d) A beautiful love.
13. What is the title of the first act of the book of remembrances?
14. Why did Herod have a grudge against John the Baptist?
(a) He told him he was a boring, humorless man.
(b) He told him it was wrong to have his brother's wife.
(c) He told him his family descended from the lower classes.
(d) He told him it was wrong to keep slaves.
15. Complete the following title: "From Fasting to..."
(d) Love in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did people think a child had to have been acknowledged by to be someone?
2. What does the author say was pure fiction about Luke's story?
3. Which two disciples were the only ones to give an account of Jesus's birth and early years?
4. What does divi filius translate as?
5. Complete the following sentence from Virgil's poem the Aenei: "Roman, remember by your strength to..."
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)