|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bishop Butler say probability is the guide of?
2. What does divi filius translate as?
(a) Beast of Burden.
(b) Child of the Angels.
(c) Devil Foetus.
(d) Son of a divine one.
3. How does Matthew say Joseph responded to hearing that his wife was pregnant?
(a) He left for Egypt.
(b) He broke down in tears.
(c) He asked for God's help.
(d) He told her he wanted a divorce.
4. What house does the angel say Jesus will reign over forever?
5. What is the title of Part Three?
(a) Religious Orientation.
(b) The Kingdom of God Is Near.
(c) In the Beginning Is the Body.
(d) A Kingdom of Nuisances and Nobodies.
6. Who was assassinated on 44 B.C.E?
7. Who does Matthew say Jesus escaped from as a child?
8. What does Res Gestae Divi Augusti translate as?
(a) Achievements of the Divine Augustus.
(b) Petty Arguments at Dwan.
(c) Summer Days in Augustus.
(d) The Reign of the Divine Augustus.
9. Which of the following words does the author define in this section?
10. What approach to life did John the Baptist see as the way to live a spiritual life?
(d) A big family.
11. Which Jesus does the author say he is trying to locate?
(a) The child Jesus.
(b) The fictional Jesus.
(c) The gospel Jesus.
(d) The historical Jesus.
12. What type of society was Roman society?
13. Which of Jesus' disciples talks about his baptism?
14. What country did Jesus flee for?
15. What is the English translation of the German word quelle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jesus say men in soft clothing lived?
2. Who did Josephus defend to Nero in 64 C.E.?
3. What is the name of the barren couple in Genesis?
4. Who ruled Judea from 37 to 4 B.C.E?
5. How does Mark say the spirit descended from the sky?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)