|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the following sentence "Do not be afraid Mary, for you..."
(a) Experience riches beyond your dream.
(b) Carry God's son.
(c) Find a man.
(d) Found favor with God.
2. How does Mark say the spirit descended from the sky?
(a) Like a swan.
(b) Like a gull.
(c) Like a heron.
(d) Like a dove.
3. Which of the disciples is the only one to mention Jesus being a carpenter?
4. What does the author say was pure fiction about Luke's story?
(a) Mary and Jospeh's journey to Nazareth.
(b) Jesus having a last supper.
(c) Mary being a virgin.
(d) Jesus being born in a manger.
5. Which of Jesus' disciples talks about his baptism?
6. What is the title of the other book the author wrote about Jesus in 1991?
(a) The Passion of Christ: A Doctumentary.
(b) The Historical Jesus: The Life of a Mediterranean Jewish Peasant.
(c) Cross on A Hill: Jesus's Last Hours.
(d) The Last Testament Of Christ.
7. Where did Jesus say men in soft clothing lived?
8. Complete the following sentence from Virgil's poem the Aenei: "Roman, remember by your strength to..."
9. What is the title of Part Two?
(a) A Kingdom of Nuiscances and Nobodies,
(b) Lambs of the World.
(c) The Jordan is Not Just Water.
(d) Eartly vs Heavenly Power.
10. Which Jesus does the author say he is trying to locate?
(a) The child Jesus.
(b) The gospel Jesus.
(c) The historical Jesus.
(d) The fictional Jesus.
11. Which two disciples were the only ones to give an account of Jesus's birth and early years?
(a) Peter and Simon.
(b) Mark and John.
(c) Jacob and Paul.
(d) Matthew and Luke.
12. Where does Celsus say religion took its root?
(a) The middle-classes.
(b) The upper-classes.
(c) The lower-classes.
(d) The under-classes.
13. What is the name of the first vector?
(a) Cultural-leanings of the third kind.
(b) Cross-cultural anthropology.
(c) Hybrid sociology.
(d) Historical fact.
14. What is the name of the barren couple in Genesis?
(a) Sarah and Abraham.
(b) Mary and Joseph.
(c) Jacob and Rachel.
(d) Hannah and Elkanah.
15. In which town was Jesus said to be born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Jesus' ideas does the author call profoundly radical?
2. Who was assassinated on 44 B.C.E?
3. What does Virgil say clothes the lambs as the graze?
4. What approach to life did John the Baptist see as the way to live a spiritual life?
5. What did Jesus teach that heaven was not?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)