|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Simeon say Jesus is destined for?
(a) The coming of a world peace.
(b) The death of heathens.
(c) A beautiful love.
(d) The falling and rising of many in Israel.
2. What was the name of the tribe Anna was from?
3. Who ruled during basileia?
(a) The Vikings.
(b) The Celts.
(c) The Greco-Romans.
(d) The Romans.
4. What aristocratic Jewish historian does the author draw on to examine the Greco-Roman period?
5. What is the name of the first vector?
(a) Hybrid sociology.
(b) Cross-cultural anthropology.
(c) Cultural-leanings of the third kind.
(d) Historical fact.
6. What type of society was Roman society?
7. Who did John the Baptist call the Lamb of God?
8. Where was John before he appeared publicly to Israel?
(d) The wilderness.
9. What do Matthew and Luke both agree on in their testaments?
(a) Jesus escaped to Egypt.
(b) The virginial conception of Jesus.
(c) Jesus walking upon water.
(d) Jesus rising from the dead.
10. What does the author say was pure fiction about Luke's story?
(a) Jesus being born in a manger.
(b) Mary being a virgin.
(c) Jesus having a last supper.
(d) Mary and Jospeh's journey to Nazareth.
11. What is the title of Homer's book that talks about waging war abroad?
(a) The Iliad.
(b) Trojan War.
(c) The Odyssey.
12. What approach to life did John the Baptist see as the way to live a spiritual life?
(a) A big family.
13. What words does the author use to describe John the Baptist's style of preaching?
14. What does the Hebrew word Almah mean in English?
(a) A man of God.
(b) A newly married virgin.
(c) Child born out of wedlock.
(d) An evil spirit.
15. What concept does the quote talk about at the beginning of this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the name Emmanuel mean?
2. Complete the following sentence from Virgil's poem the Aenei: "Roman, remember by your strength to..."
3. What is the title of Part Three?
4. What subject does the author say history is more complex than?
5. Who baptized Jesus?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)