|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who baptized Jesus?
2. Why did Herod have a grudge against John the Baptist?
(a) He told him it was wrong to have his brother's wife.
(b) He told him it was wrong to keep slaves.
(c) He told him he was a boring, humorless man.
(d) He told him his family descended from the lower classes.
3. Who ordered John the Baptist's death?
4. What does the author say was pure fiction about Luke's story?
(a) Mary being a virgin.
(b) Jesus having a last supper.
(c) Mary and Jospeh's journey to Nazareth.
(d) Jesus being born in a manger.
5. What was Josephus in charge of in the First Roman-Jewish war?
(a) The revolt in Galilee.
(b) The zealots.
(c) The blacksmiths.
(d) The revolt in Bethlehem.
6. Who does Matthew say Jesus escaped from as a child?
7. What is the title of Homer's book that talks about waging war abroad?
(a) Trojan War.
(b) The Odyssey.
(c) The Iliad.
8. What is the title of Part Three?
(a) The Kingdom of God Is Near.
(b) A Kingdom of Nuisances and Nobodies.
(c) Religious Orientation.
(d) In the Beginning Is the Body.
9. Who helped Moses lead the Israelites out of the desert?
10. What sea does the author describe as cruel and beautiful?
(a) The North Sea.
(b) The Indian Sea.
(c) The Dead Sea.
(d) The Mediterranean.
11. Who did Jesus imply is responsible for the suffering of the destitute?
(a) The rich.
(b) The government.
(d) The poor.
12. Which Roman Emperor had a birthday on the 23rd of September?
13. What does Res Gestae Divi Augusti translate as?
(a) Summer Days in Augustus.
(b) Achievements of the Divine Augustus.
(c) The Reign of the Divine Augustus.
(d) Petty Arguments at Dwan.
14. In which country was the gospel of Thomas found?
15. What aristocratic Jewish historian does the author draw on to examine the Greco-Roman period?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bishop Butler say probability is the guide of?
2. What subject does the author say history is more complex than?
3. What country did Gnaeaus Julius Agricola govern between 77 and 84 C.E.?
4. Complete the following title: "From Fasting to..."
5. Who ruled Judea from 37 to 4 B.C.E?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)