|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many baby rabbits were there in Story 6?
2. The narrator indicates that the two men he sees at the hospital in Story 8 were brought together by common ________.
3. Who is the clerk in the Emergency Room in Story 6?
4. When Bill looks back at his life, he says he sees _______.
5. According to the narrator in Story 10, the nurses at the hospital are pumping ________ by the quart.
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the "second man" in Story 8.
2. What is the relevance of picketers standing outside the abortion clinic in Story 7?
3. What key point does the narrator make between the intimacy between men and women in Story 7?
4. Discuss the irony behind Bill seeing the victims of a car crash as "just meat."
5. Discuss the relationship between John Smith and Michelle.
6. Who is the narrator searching for in Seattle in Story 9? What does he recall about this person?
7. In what way is the large horse pill the narrator receives in Story 9 a prize for the narrator?
8. How did Bill receive his bullet holes? How do these bullet holes haunt Bill?
9. How is Georgie portrayed by the narrator in Story 6. How do the narrator and Georgie know each other?
10. How does Bill define him? What is his perspective on the world? Explain.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you explore the issue of addiction and its influence as seen throughout the book Jesus' Son.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the narrator can be defined as a tragic figure. Explain how the suffering brought upon others by the narrator contributes to the tragic vision of the book as a whole.
Essay Topic 3
Select a moment or scene from Jesus' Son that you find especially memorable. Write an essay in which you identify the moment or scene, explain its relationship to the book, and analyze the reasons for its effectiveness.
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)