|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's roommate in Story 10 that he shaves?
2. The first time Bill was shot, the bullet went in his ________.
3. In Story 7, the narrator recalls that on his ________ birthday, Michelle tried to ________ the narrator.
4. The "second man" in Story 8 tells the narrator that he lied and that he is actually from ________.
5. Where does Georgie tell the narrator he wants to go in Story 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is the large horse pill the narrator receives in Story 9 a prize for the narrator?
2. How does Bill define him? What is his perspective on the world? Explain.
3. Who is the only female in Story 7 that is given a name? Why is she the only one the narrator names?
4. What is the relevance of picketers standing outside the abortion clinic in Story 7?
5. Where does the action of the second part of Story 8 take place? Describe this location.
6. What role does Terrence play in Story 6? How do the other characters in the story handle Terrence's situation?
7. How is Georgie portrayed by the narrator in Story 6. How do the narrator and Georgie know each other?
8. Discuss the significance of the two men at the hospital the narrator sees in Story 8.
9. What happens when the narrator goes to visit a pair of friends in Story 8?
10. Discuss the relevance of the baby rabbits to Story 6.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay discussing the significance of the books title, Jesus' Son. How is the title developed throughout the book? What literary devices does the author use to develop the title?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the narrator's relationships with the different women in the book. How is each relationship similar and how are they different?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Story 1 of Jesus' Son. Explain how this opening story introduces some of the major themes found within the book.
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)