|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Story 6 take place?
2. Who says in Story 8, "In Warsaw, my city, we drive in the park after twelve in the night, but the rules are saying no, you must not go to the park after this time, 12pm middle-night"?
3. What embarrassing moment does the narrator of Story 9 remember happening to him at the library?
4. Who is Angelique?
5. The narrator indicates that the two men he sees at the hospital in Story 8 were brought together by common ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the narrator searching for in Seattle in Story 9? What does he recall about this person?
2. Where does the action of the second part of Story 8 take place? Describe this location.
3. Briefly discuss the three train rides the narrator recalls in Story 7.
4. What is the relevance of picketers standing outside the abortion clinic in Story 7?
5. In what way is the title "Emergency" a direct metaphor of the narrator's life in Story 6?
6. Discuss the importance of Terrence's knife in Story 6.
7. Discuss the significance of the two men at the hospital the narrator sees in Story 8.
8. Discuss the relationship between John Smith and Michelle.
9. How did Bill receive his bullet holes? How do these bullet holes haunt Bill?
10. How is Georgie portrayed by the narrator in Story 6. How do the narrator and Georgie know each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Show how a conventional or stereotyped character or characters found within Jesus' Son function to achieve the author's overall purpose of the book.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the connection between Story 3: "Out on Bail" and Story 6: "Emergency."
Essay Topic 3
Show how the author's manipulation of time contributes to the effectiveness of Jesus' Son as a whole.
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)