Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Story 7, the narrator follows a man off the train and into a ________ neighborhood.
2. The narrator reveals in Story 7 that the driver of the train is ________.
3. What is Happy Hour as it is referred to in Story 9?
4. How many baby rabbits were there in Story 6?
5. In Story 7, the narrator recalls that on his ________ birthday, Michelle tried to ________ the narrator.
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you show how a character who appears briefly or not at all has a significant presence. Show how such character functions in the book. Discuss how the character affects action, theme, or the development of other characters.
Essay Topic 2
Clearly explain the male relationships found between the narrator and another male character from Jesus' Son. What is the effect of this male relationship on the narrator? What is the significance of this male relationship to the book as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the narrator can be defined as a tragic figure. Explain how the suffering brought upon others by the narrator contributes to the tragic vision of the book as a whole.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)