|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the narrator in Story 10?
2. What is the narrator of Story 10 referring to when he says to bill, "Pay me back when they give you yours"?
3. How does Michelle die in Story 7?
4. What happens to the baby rabbits at the end of Story 6?
5. Who says in Story 8, "In Warsaw, my city, we drive in the park after twelve in the night, but the rules are saying no, you must not go to the park after this time, 12pm middle-night"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony behind the title of the story "Happy Hour"?
2. How did Bill receive his bullet holes? How do these bullet holes haunt Bill?
3. Briefly describe the "second man" in Story 8.
4. How does Bill define him? What is his perspective on the world? Explain.
5. Discuss the importance of Terrence's knife in Story 6.
6. What is the relevance of picketers standing outside the abortion clinic in Story 7?
7. In what way is the large horse pill the narrator receives in Story 9 a prize for the narrator?
8. What role does Terrence play in Story 6? How do the other characters in the story handle Terrence's situation?
9. Discuss the relevance of the baby rabbits to Story 6.
10. What happens when the narrator goes to visit a pair of friends in Story 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Show how a conventional or stereotyped character or characters found within Jesus' Son function to achieve the author's overall purpose of the book.
Essay Topic 2
Select a moment or scene from Jesus' Son that you find especially memorable. Write an essay in which you identify the moment or scene, explain its relationship to the book, and analyze the reasons for its effectiveness.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Story 1 of Jesus' Son. Explain how this opening story introduces some of the major themes found within the book.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)