|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the baby rabbits at the end of Story 6?
2. In Story 7, what do the picketers outside the abortion clinic throw at the narrator when he leaves the building?
3. Who does the military woman from the tavern say she could introduce the narrator to her husband as?
4. Who is the clerk in the Emergency Room in Story 6?
5. What is the name of the tavern across from the hospital that the narrator goes to in Story 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the narrator searching for in Seattle in Story 9? What does he recall about this person?
2. How does Bill define him? What is his perspective on the world? Explain.
3. How did Bill receive his bullet holes? How do these bullet holes haunt Bill?
4. Who is the only female in Story 7 that is given a name? Why is she the only one the narrator names?
5. What is Hardee's emergency seen in Story 6?
6. Discuss the importance of Terrence's knife in Story 6.
7. What key point does the narrator make between the intimacy between men and women in Story 7?
8. In what way is the large horse pill the narrator receives in Story 9 a prize for the narrator?
9. Briefly discuss the three train rides the narrator recalls in Story 7.
10. Briefly describe the "second man" in Story 8.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you explain the religious allusion that predominates in Jesus' Son, and analyze how it enhances the book's overall meaning.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance and affect of the narrator being without a name. How does this characteristic contribute to the overall message of Jesus' Son?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Story 1 of Jesus' Son. Explain how this opening story introduces some of the major themes found within the book.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)