|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the military woman at tavern get married?
2. Who is the clerk in the Emergency Room in Story 6?
3. The first time Bill was shot, the bullet went in his ________.
4. When Bill looks back at his life, he says he sees _______.
5. For what reason does the narrator say Michelle fired the gun at him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony behind the title of the story "Happy Hour"?
2. In what way is the large horse pill the narrator receives in Story 9 a prize for the narrator?
3. Discuss the relevance of the baby rabbits to Story 6.
4. Where does the action of the second part of Story 8 take place? Describe this location.
5. What is Hardee's emergency seen in Story 6?
6. How did Bill receive his bullet holes? How do these bullet holes haunt Bill?
7. What happens when the narrator goes to visit a pair of friends in Story 8?
8. Discuss the irony behind Bill seeing the victims of a car crash as "just meat."
9. Briefly discuss the three train rides the narrator recalls in Story 7.
10. Discuss the importance of Terrence's knife in Story 6.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Story 1 of Jesus' Son. Explain how this opening story introduces some of the major themes found within the book.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you explain the religious allusion that predominates in Jesus' Son, and analyze how it enhances the book's overall meaning.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance and affect of the narrator being without a name. How does this characteristic contribute to the overall message of Jesus' Son?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)