|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the tavern across from the hospital that the narrator goes to in Story 8?
2. When did the military woman at tavern get married?
3. How much money does Nez Perce say the narrator owes him in Story 9?
4. According to the narrator in Story 8, where does the narrator meet the "second man"?
5. How long does Happy Hour last in Story 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the narrator's relationships with the different women in the book. How is each relationship similar and how are they different?
Essay Topic 2
Present arguments for and against Jesus' Son's relevance for a person around the same age as the narrator living in 1973.
Essay Topic 3
Clearly explain the male relationships found between the narrator and another male character from Jesus' Son. What is the effect of this male relationship on the narrator? What is the significance of this male relationship to the book as a whole?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)