|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's roommate in Story 10 that he shaves?
2. In the Story 7 narrator's flashback, how many shots did Michelle fire at him?
3. When did the military woman at tavern get married?
4. The narrator in Story 8 has all of the following family members except for which?
5. What happens to the baby rabbits at the end of Story 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the only female in Story 7 that is given a name? Why is she the only one the narrator names?
2. What is the relevance of picketers standing outside the abortion clinic in Story 7?
3. Discuss the significance of the two men at the hospital the narrator sees in Story 8.
4. In what way is the large horse pill the narrator receives in Story 9 a prize for the narrator?
5. Discuss the irony behind Bill seeing the victims of a car crash as "just meat."
6. Who is the narrator searching for in Seattle in Story 9? What does he recall about this person?
7. In what way is the title "Emergency" a direct metaphor of the narrator's life in Story 6?
8. Briefly discuss the three train rides the narrator recalls in Story 7.
9. What is the irony behind the title of the story "Happy Hour"?
10. What does the final lines in Story 7 reveal about the narrator's view of Michelle's abortion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select a moment or scene from Jesus' Son that you find especially memorable. Write an essay in which you identify the moment or scene, explain its relationship to the book, and analyze the reasons for its effectiveness.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you explain the religious allusion that predominates in Jesus' Son, and analyze how it enhances the book's overall meaning.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance and affect of the narrator being without a name. How does this characteristic contribute to the overall message of Jesus' Son?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)