|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Story 9, what city is the narrator in?
2. What is Georgie referring to when he says, "We killed the mother and saved the children"?
3. While hiking through the woods in Story 6, the narrator and Georgie stumble upon what they think is a(n) ________, but it is actually a(n) ________.
4. How much money does Nez Perce say the narrator owes him in Story 9?
5. According to the narrator in Story 8, ________ is Seattle's much favored sad jukebox song.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the final lines in Story 7 reveal about the narrator's view of Michelle's abortion?
2. Discuss the irony behind Bill seeing the victims of a car crash as "just meat."
3. Discuss the importance of Terrence's knife in Story 6.
4. What is Hardee's emergency seen in Story 6?
5. Briefly describe the "second man" in Story 8.
6. In what way is the large horse pill the narrator receives in Story 9 a prize for the narrator?
7. Discuss the relationship between John Smith and Michelle.
8. Who is the narrator searching for in Seattle in Story 9? What does he recall about this person?
9. What key point does the narrator make between the intimacy between men and women in Story 7?
10. How does Bill define him? What is his perspective on the world? Explain.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Story 1 of Jesus' Son. Explain how this opening story introduces some of the major themes found within the book.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you explore the issue of addiction and its influence as seen throughout the book Jesus' Son.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance and affect of the narrator being without a name. How does this characteristic contribute to the overall message of Jesus' Son?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)