|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the boat pulling behind it in Story 5?
2. Why is McInnes not at the hospital in the beginning of Story 4?
3. What third location does the narrator's new companion want to go to in Story 2?
4. What is the weather like throughout Story 1?
5. The host of the party at the farmhouse tells the narrator that ________ does not want the "new companion" at the house.
Short Essay Questions
1. Define and discuss imagery which is found in Story 2.
2. What does the term "sacrifice" refer to when Wayne says, "It is my sacrifice" after the narrator offers to buy a round of beers at The Vine.
3. Discuss the scene where the narrator and his friends meet their new companion in Story 2.
4. What can the passive reaction of the trucker in Story 1 be seen as a metaphoric representation of?
5. Discuss comical irony which is found in Story 2.
6. Define the literary term of tone. What is the tone of Story 1?
7. How does the narrator and Dundun deal with the death of McInnes?
8. Describe The Vine as seen in Story 3.
9. Discuss the drug abuse seen in Story 3.
10. Describe the character of Jack Hotel. Discuss the interaction he has with the narrator.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you explore the issue of addiction and its influence as seen throughout the book Jesus' Son.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you explain the religious allusion that predominates in Jesus' Son, and analyze how it enhances the book's overall meaning.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay discussing the significance of the books title, Jesus' Son. How is the title developed throughout the book? What literary devices does the author use to develop the title?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)