Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of vehicle does the narrator of Story 2 drive?
2. How does the narrator's "new companion" communicate in Story 2?
3. What is the narrator and his girlfriend's drug of choice in Story 5?
4. At the end of Story 1, what flutters close to the narrator's face?
5. What third location does the narrator's new companion want to go to in Story 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can the passive reaction of the trucker in Story 1 be seen as a metaphoric representation of?
2. While working with Wayne at the abandoned house, what is the narrator and Wayne distracted by? Who is this person?
3. How is Georgie portrayed by the narrator in Story 6. How do the narrator and Georgie know each other?
4. Is Richard the one who the narrator briefly describes as being injured and arrested during a burglary attempt? Explain.
5. Discuss the mini-theme of the randomness of existence as seen in Story 1.
6. In Story 2, what three stops does the narrator's new companion have the narrator make? What occurs at each of the three stops?
7. Explain how the relationship between the Story 8 narrator and military wife at the bar reinforces the theme of the tension between desperation and compassion.
8. Discuss the significance of the two men at the hospital the narrator sees in Story 8.
9. Who is Thatcher? What type of relationship does Thatcher have with the narrator?
10. What is the connection between ''Beverly Home" to "Out on Bail"?
Write an essay describing the connection between Story 3: "Out on Bail" and Story 6: "Emergency."
Select a moment or scene from Jesus' Son that you find especially memorable. Write an essay in which you identify the moment or scene, explain its relationship to the book, and analyze the reasons for its effectiveness.
Analyze and discuss the theme of the need for and the value of human contact. Which character from Jesus' Son does this theme encompass the most?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)