|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "new companion's" real name in Story 2?
2. What is the weather like throughout Story 1?
3. According to the narrator in Story 2, how long has he been friends with his two friends?
4. What is the narrator and his girlfriend's drug of choice in Story 5?
5. How much money does Wayne and the narrator each receive for the scrap wire in Story 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator and Dundun deal with the death of McInnes?
2. Discuss the scene where the narrator and his friends meet their new companion in Story 2.
3. Discuss the narrator's relationship with the three women in Story 5.
4. Show how and when the narrator's violent side is exposed in Story 2.
5. At the end of Story 5, the narrator makes reference to his mother. Explain this reference and to whom is he referring to.
6. Who is Richard and Tom? Discuss the friendship the narrator has with these two men.
7. Describe the character of Dundun.
8. Define the literary element of foreshadowing. How is this literary element used in Story 1?
9. Discuss the mini-theme of the randomness of existence as seen in Story 1.
10. Define and discuss imagery which is found in Story 2.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the narrator's relationships with the different women in the book. How is each relationship similar and how are they different?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance and affect of the narrator being without a name. How does this characteristic contribute to the overall message of Jesus' Son?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you explain the religious allusion that predominates in Jesus' Son, and analyze how it enhances the book's overall meaning.
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)