|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of job does Wayne tell the narrator they are going to perform in Story 5?
2. The Bride of Death in Story 2 is a nickname the narrator gives to ________.
3. What does the narrator find inside his car in Story 2?
4. What does the narrator's "new companion" in Story 2 want from the narrator?
5. What is the minimum amount of years Jack Hotel could spend in jail for his crime?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss comical irony which is found in Story 2.
2. Define the literary term of tone. What is the tone of Story 1?
3. Analyze the family who picks up the hitchhiking narrator in Story 1. What are some characteristics of this family?
4. Who is Wayne? Describe his relationship with the narrator in Story 5.
5. Who is Thatcher? What type of relationship does Thatcher have with the narrator?
6. Discuss the scene where the narrator and his friends meet their new companion in Story 2.
7. While working with Wayne at the abandoned house, what is the narrator and Wayne distracted by? Who is this person?
8. Discuss the mini-theme of the manifestation of nature a seen in Story 1.
9. Describe Dundun's violence against Jack Hotel as described by the narrator in Story 4.
10. The most telling image is the one quoted in Story 1 that of the narrator being showered with human blood. What does being "showered with human blood" represent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance and affect of the narrator being without a name. How does this characteristic contribute to the overall message of Jesus' Son?
Essay Topic 2
Show how the author's manipulation of time contributes to the effectiveness of Jesus' Son as a whole.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the connection between Story 3: "Out on Bail" and Story 6: "Emergency."
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)