|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the narrator receiving money in Story 3?
2. About how old does the narrator guess the sleeping baby in the backseat of the family's vehicle to be in Story 1?
3. What is the "new companion's" real name in Story 2?
4. According to Dundun in Story 4, why does McInnes not feel good?
5. Who is the narrator of Story 2 referring to when he says, "I'd better just go after him, instead of waiting"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Show how and when the narrator's violent side is exposed in Story 2.
2. Discuss the mini-theme of the randomness of existence as seen in Story 1.
3. Discuss the narrator's relationship with the three women in Story 5.
4. Describe the three people the narrator first introduces to the reader at the beginning of Story 1. How does the narrator interact with these three people?
5. What does the term "sacrifice" refer to when Wayne says, "It is my sacrifice" after the narrator offers to buy a round of beers at The Vine.
6. In Story 2, what three stops does the narrator's new companion have the narrator make? What occurs at each of the three stops?
7. Analyze the family who picks up the hitchhiking narrator in Story 1. What are some characteristics of this family?
8. Who is Richard and Tom? Discuss the friendship the narrator has with these two men.
9. Who is McInnes? What has happened to him in Story 4?
10. Who is Thatcher? What type of relationship does Thatcher have with the narrator?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the ending of Jesus' Son. Explain precisely how and why the ending appropriately or inappropriately concludes the book.
Essay Topic 2
Clearly explain the male relationships found between the narrator and another male character from Jesus' Son. What is the effect of this male relationship on the narrator? What is the significance of this male relationship to the book as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay discussing the significance of the books title, Jesus' Son. How is the title developed throughout the book? What literary devices does the author use to develop the title?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)