|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose birthday is it in Story 4?
2. What type of vehicle does the narrator of Story 2 drive?
3. What type of weapon is the narrator carrying on him in Story 2?
4. Who asks the question in Story 1, "Are you hearing unusual sounds or voices?"
5. In Story 5, the narrator and his girlfriend have been staying at the ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who encourages the narrator of Story 5 to work with him? What type of work do they perform? Explain.
2. Discuss the mini-theme of the manifestation of nature a seen in Story 1.
3. At the end of Story 5, the narrator makes reference to his mother. Explain this reference and to whom is he referring to.
4. Who is Wayne? Describe his relationship with the narrator in Story 5.
5. Is Richard the one who the narrator briefly describes as being injured and arrested during a burglary attempt? Explain.
6. Discuss the scene where the narrator and his friends meet their new companion in Story 2.
7. Where does the narrator of Story 3 receive money from?
8. How does the narrator and Dundun deal with the death of McInnes?
9. Describe the character of Dundun.
10. Describe The Vine as seen in Story 3.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay discussing the significance of the books title, Jesus' Son. How is the title developed throughout the book? What literary devices does the author use to develop the title?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the theme of the need for and the value of human contact. Which character from Jesus' Son does this theme encompass the most?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the ending of Jesus' Son. Explain precisely how and why the ending appropriately or inappropriately concludes the book.
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)