|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alsatia?
2. According to Richard in Story 2, the people at the farmhouse use to be ________.
3. Who asks the question in Story 1, "Are you hearing unusual sounds or voices?"
4. Where does Dundun live?
5. According to the narrator in Story 2, how does he feel about his child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss comical irony which is found in Story 2.
2. While working with Wayne at the abandoned house, what is the narrator and Wayne distracted by? Who is this person?
3. The most telling image is the one quoted in Story 1 that of the narrator being showered with human blood. What does being "showered with human blood" represent?
4. In Story 2, what three stops does the narrator's new companion have the narrator make? What occurs at each of the three stops?
5. Describe the character of Jack Hotel. Discuss the interaction he has with the narrator.
6. Discuss the mini-theme of the manifestation of nature a seen in Story 1.
7. Discuss the narrator's relationship with the three women in Story 5.
8. Define and discuss imagery which is found in Story 2.
9. How does the narrator and Dundun deal with the death of McInnes?
10. Describe the character of Dundun.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you show how a character who appears briefly or not at all has a significant presence. Show how such character functions in the book. Discuss how the character affects action, theme, or the development of other characters.
Essay Topic 2
Show how a conventional or stereotyped character or characters found within Jesus' Son function to achieve the author's overall purpose of the book.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze, discuss, and explain the significance the following quote found in Story 1: "I knew every raindrop by its name. I sensed everything before it happened. I knew a certain Oldsmobile would stop for me even before it slowed, and by the sweet voices of the family inside it I knew we'd have an accident in the storm. I didn't care. They said they'd take me all the way."
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)