|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drives a Volkswagen in Story 1?
2. How is the narrator receiving money in Story 3?
3. Who overdoses on heroin at the end of Story 3?
4. About how old does the narrator guess the sleeping baby in the backseat of the family's vehicle to be in Story 1?
5. Where is the narrator at the beginning of Story 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the narrator's relationship with the three women in Story 5.
2. Discuss comical irony which is found in Story 2.
3. Is Richard the one who the narrator briefly describes as being injured and arrested during a burglary attempt? Explain.
4. At the end of Story 5, the narrator makes reference to his mother. Explain this reference and to whom is he referring to.
5. How does the narrator and Dundun deal with the death of McInnes?
6. Define the literary term of tone. What is the tone of Story 1?
7. Discuss the drug abuse seen in Story 3.
8. Who is McInnes? What has happened to him in Story 4?
9. Analyze the family who picks up the hitchhiking narrator in Story 1. What are some characteristics of this family?
10. Describe the character of Dundun.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you explore the issue of addiction and its influence as seen throughout the book Jesus' Son.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay discussing the significance of the books title, Jesus' Son. How is the title developed throughout the book? What literary devices does the author use to develop the title?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Story 1 of Jesus' Son. Explain how this opening story introduces some of the major themes found within the book.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)