|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, he and the Salesman developed a dangerous cynical camaraderie beginning in ________.
2. What does the narrator find inside his car in Story 2?
3. According to the narrator in Story 2, who sold him a gun?
4. What is the minimum amount of years Jack Hotel could spend in jail for his crime?
5. Who does the narrator call "Nurse" in Story 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Show how and when the narrator's violent side is exposed in Story 2.
2. Discuss the scene where the narrator and his friends meet their new companion in Story 2.
3. Describe Dundun's violence against Jack Hotel as described by the narrator in Story 4.
4. Discuss comical irony which is found in Story 2.
5. Is Richard the one who the narrator briefly describes as being injured and arrested during a burglary attempt? Explain.
6. Define the literary element of foreshadowing. How is this literary element used in Story 1?
7. Describe The Vine as seen in Story 3.
8. While working with Wayne at the abandoned house, what is the narrator and Wayne distracted by? Who is this person?
9. Who encourages the narrator of Story 5 to work with him? What type of work do they perform? Explain.
10. Who is McInnes? What has happened to him in Story 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Clearly explain the male relationships found between the narrator and another male character from Jesus' Son. What is the effect of this male relationship on the narrator? What is the significance of this male relationship to the book as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the narrator's relationships with the different women in the book. How is each relationship similar and how are they different?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you show how a character who appears briefly or not at all has a significant presence. Show how such character functions in the book. Discuss how the character affects action, theme, or the development of other characters.
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)