|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dundun live?
2. According to the narrator in Story 1, all of the following people had given the narrator drugs except for who?
3. Why is McInnes not at the hospital in the beginning of Story 4?
4. According to the narrator in Story 2, who sold him a gun?
5. In his flashback, the narrator in Story 1 reveals that earlier in the day the ________ and him had swept down into ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Richard and Tom? Discuss the friendship the narrator has with these two men.
2. How does the narrator and Dundun deal with the death of McInnes?
3. The most telling image is the one quoted in Story 1 that of the narrator being showered with human blood. What does being "showered with human blood" represent?
4. While working with Wayne at the abandoned house, what is the narrator and Wayne distracted by? Who is this person?
5. Who is Thatcher? What type of relationship does Thatcher have with the narrator?
6. Describe the character of Dundun.
7. Define and discuss imagery which is found in Story 2.
8. Show how and when the narrator's violent side is exposed in Story 2.
9. Where does the narrator of Story 3 receive money from?
10. Describe the character of Jack Hotel. Discuss the interaction he has with the narrator.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that explains the symbolic value of the broken brakes on the narrator's car, as referred to in Story 2: "Two Men" and Story 4: "Dundun." What actions, circumstances, and attitudes not only in those two stories but in the collection as a whole are represented?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you show how a character who appears briefly or not at all has a significant presence. Show how such character functions in the book. Discuss how the character affects action, theme, or the development of other characters.
Essay Topic 3
Select a moment or scene from Jesus' Son that you find especially memorable. Write an essay in which you identify the moment or scene, explain its relationship to the book, and analyze the reasons for its effectiveness.
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)