|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Story 5, what offer does Wayne make to the narrator?
2. According to the narrator of Story 3, at ________ some of the most terrible things happen to him.
3. Who is the narrator of Story 2 referring to when he says, "I'd better just go after him, instead of waiting"?
4. What is the minimum amount of years Jack Hotel could spend in jail for his crime?
5. According to the narrator, he and the Salesman developed a dangerous cynical camaraderie beginning in ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe The Vine as seen in Story 3.
2. Define the literary element of foreshadowing. How is this literary element used in Story 1?
3. Describe the character of Dundun.
4. Discuss the drug abuse seen in Story 3.
5. Describe the character of Jack Hotel. Discuss the interaction he has with the narrator.
6. Define and discuss imagery which is found in Story 2.
7. Discuss the mini-theme of the manifestation of nature a seen in Story 1.
8. While working with Wayne at the abandoned house, what is the narrator and Wayne distracted by? Who is this person?
9. Define the literary term of tone. What is the tone of Story 1?
10. Analyze the family who picks up the hitchhiking narrator in Story 1. What are some characteristics of this family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the connection between Story 3: "Out on Bail" and Story 6: "Emergency."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Story 1 of Jesus' Son. Explain how this opening story introduces some of the major themes found within the book.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the significance of the three vehicles in Story 1: "Car Crash While Hitchhiking."
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)