|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What third location does the narrator's new companion want to go to in Story 2?
2. According to the narrator in Story 1, all of the following people had given the narrator drugs except for who?
3. What is Wayne referring to in Story 5 when he says, "It is my sacrifice"?
4. Where is the family from that picks up the hitchhiking narrator in Story 1?
5. In Story 5, what does the narrator say his car did not need?
Short Essay Questions
1. Define the literary term of tone. What is the tone of Story 1?
2. Define the literary element of foreshadowing. How is this literary element used in Story 1?
3. Discuss the mini-theme of the randomness of existence as seen in Story 1.
4. In Story 2, what three stops does the narrator's new companion have the narrator make? What occurs at each of the three stops?
5. Who is Wayne? Describe his relationship with the narrator in Story 5.
6. Describe Dundun's violence against Jack Hotel as described by the narrator in Story 4.
7. Who is Richard and Tom? Discuss the friendship the narrator has with these two men.
8. Describe the character of Jack Hotel. Discuss the interaction he has with the narrator.
9. Is Richard the one who the narrator briefly describes as being injured and arrested during a burglary attempt? Explain.
10. Describe the character of Dundun.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the theme of tension between desperation and compassion contributes to the meaning of Jesus' Son as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you explore the issue of addiction and its influence as seen throughout the book Jesus' Son.
Essay Topic 3
Present arguments for and against Jesus' Son's relevance for a person around the same age as the narrator living in 1973.
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)