|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Story 8, the narrator tells the military woman from the tavern that he is locked out of his ________.
(a) Bank account.
(d) Friend's house.
2. In what branch of the military is the woman the narrator dances with at the tavern in Story 8?
(c) Air Force.
3. Who is the clerk in the Emergency Room in Story 6?
(a) The narrator.
(b) Edward Sweetbay.
(c) Mickey O'Keefe.
(d) Hugh Newton.
4. In Story 7, the narrator recalls that on his ________ birthday, Michelle tried to ________ the narrator.
(a) 24th / shoot.
(b) 30th / marry.
(c) 18th / stab.
(d) 21st / leave.
5. Who is out in front of the abortion building in Story 7?
(a) A guitarist.
(b) A man in a gorilla costume.
(c) A mime.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's girlfriend in Story 7?
2. What type of vehicle does the "second man" in Story 8 drive?
3. What two people is the narrator calling for in the streets in Story 8?
4. What motel is the narrator and Michelle staying at in Story 7?
5. According to the narrator of Story 9, Happy Hour is also referred to as ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the only female in Story 7 that is given a name? Why is she the only one the narrator names?
2. Briefly describe the "second man" in Story 8.
3. Discuss the irony behind Bill seeing the victims of a car crash as "just meat."
4. How is Georgie portrayed by the narrator in Story 6. How do the narrator and Georgie know each other?
5. In what way is the large horse pill the narrator receives in Story 9 a prize for the narrator?
6. Who does the term "other man" refer to in Story 8.
7. What role does Terrence play in Story 6? How do the other characters in the story handle Terrence's situation?
8. What does the final lines in Story 7 reveal about the narrator's view of Michelle's abortion?
9. How did Bill receive his bullet holes? How do these bullet holes haunt Bill?
10. What is the relevance of picketers standing outside the abortion clinic in Story 7?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)