|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Georgie referring to when he says, "We killed the mother and saved the children"?
(a) The squirrel.
(b) The dog.
(c) The rabbit.
(d) The duck.
2. Where is the narrator in Story 10?
(a) In a mental institution.
(b) In a motel.
(c) At the mall.
(d) At a barbershop.
3. Who does the military woman from the tavern say she could introduce the narrator to her husband as?
(a) Her nephew.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her uncle.
4. From whom did Bill receive two of his bullet wounds from?
(a) His two ex-wives.
(b) His son.
(c) A mugger.
(d) The narrator.
5. When Bill looks back at his life, he says he sees _______.
(a) A dark hole.
(b) Wrecked cars.
(c) A pretty rainbow.
(d) Flowery meadows.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what branch of the military is the woman the narrator dances with at the tavern in Story 8?
2. What drug does the narrator of Story 6 say is a very famous guru of the love generation?
3. Where does Georgie tell the narrator he wants to go in Story 6?
4. The narrator in Story 8 has all of the following family members except for which?
5. How long does Happy Hour last in Story 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Georgie portrayed by the narrator in Story 6. How do the narrator and Georgie know each other?
2. Who is the narrator searching for in Seattle in Story 9? What does he recall about this person?
3. Discuss the significance of the two men at the hospital the narrator sees in Story 8.
4. What is the irony behind the title of the story "Happy Hour"?
5. Briefly describe the "second man" in Story 8.
6. Where does the action of the second part of Story 8 take place? Describe this location.
7. What key point does the narrator make between the intimacy between men and women in Story 7?
8. Who is the only female in Story 7 that is given a name? Why is she the only one the narrator names?
9. Discuss the relevance of the baby rabbits to Story 6.
10. What is the relevance of picketers standing outside the abortion clinic in Story 7?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)