|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator reveals in Story 7 that the driver of the train is ________.
(a) Blind and deaf.
2. Where does the narrator say the "second man" from Story 8 is from?
3. According to the narrator in Story 8, ________ is Seattle's much favored sad jukebox song.
(a) Baby Come To Me.
(b) He Will Break Your Heart.
(c) 16 Candles.
(d) Misty Blue.
4. What is the movie about that the Story 7 narrator watches at the abortion clinic?
5. What type of vehicle does the "second man" in Story 8 drive?
(a) An RV.
(b) A motorscooter.
(c) A pickup truck.
(d) A van.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Georgie tell the narrator he wants to go in Story 6?
2. The first time Bill was shot, the bullet went in his ________.
3. When did the military woman at tavern get married?
4. In Story 7, what do the picketers outside the abortion clinic throw at the narrator when he leaves the building?
5. The narrator of Story 7 recalls that John Smith had once tried to sell him a ________ .
Short Essay Questions
1. What key point does the narrator make between the intimacy between men and women in Story 7?
2. How is Georgie portrayed by the narrator in Story 6. How do the narrator and Georgie know each other?
3. What is the irony behind the title of the story "Happy Hour"?
4. What is the relevance of picketers standing outside the abortion clinic in Story 7?
5. Who is the only female in Story 7 that is given a name? Why is she the only one the narrator names?
6. In what way is the title "Emergency" a direct metaphor of the narrator's life in Story 6?
7. Briefly discuss the three train rides the narrator recalls in Story 7.
8. Discuss the irony behind Bill seeing the victims of a car crash as "just meat."
9. Discuss the relevance of the baby rabbits to Story 6.
10. Discuss the significance of the two men at the hospital the narrator sees in Story 8.
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)