|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the tavern across from the hospital that the narrator goes to in Story 8?
2. What does Georgie believe to be all over the Operating Room floor in Story 6?
3. What happens to the baby rabbits at the end of Story 6?
(a) A bird snatches them.
(b) The narrator squishes them.
(c) They hop away.
(d) Georgie runs them over.
4. The narrator defines Michelle in Story 7 as all of the following except for which?
(a) A traitor.
(d) A murderer.
5. What is Happy Hour as it is referred to in Story 9?
(a) Buy 1, get 2 free alcoholic beverages.
(b) Buy 1, get 3 free side dishes.
(c) Buy 1, get 1 free appetizers.
(d) Buy 2, get 1 free desserts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator of Story 8 not take the military woman from the tavern to a motel?
2. From whom did Bill receive two of his bullet wounds from?
3. According to the narrator of Story 6, where he is now, how many weeks of winter occur in September?
4. What motel is the narrator and Michelle staying at in Story 7?
5. What drug does the narrator of Story 6 say is a very famous guru of the love generation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly discuss the three train rides the narrator recalls in Story 7.
2. What is Hardee's emergency seen in Story 6?
3. What is the relevance of picketers standing outside the abortion clinic in Story 7?
4. How does Bill define him? What is his perspective on the world? Explain.
5. Where does the action of the second part of Story 8 take place? Describe this location.
6. Who is the only female in Story 7 that is given a name? Why is she the only one the narrator names?
7. Briefly describe the "second man" in Story 8.
8. In what way is the title "Emergency" a direct metaphor of the narrator's life in Story 6?
9. What is the irony behind the title of the story "Happy Hour"?
10. What does the final lines in Story 7 reveal about the narrator's view of Michelle's abortion?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)