|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the military woman at tavern get married?
(a) Never married.
(b) 2 years ago.
(c) 4 days ago.
(d) 7 years ago.
2. In Story 7, the narrator recalls that on his ________ birthday, Michelle tried to ________ the narrator.
(a) 24th / shoot.
(b) 18th / stab.
(c) 21st / leave.
(d) 30th / marry.
3. What animal does Georgie run over in Story 6?
4. What is the narrator of Story 10 referring to when he says to bill, "Pay me back when they give you yours"?
5. Who is Angelique?
(a) The bartender.
(b) The 17 year old belly dancer.
(c) Wayne's wife.
(d) The narrator's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michelle die in Story 7?
2. What happens to the baby rabbits at the end of Story 6?
3. The "second man" in Story 8 tells the narrator that he lied and that he is actually from ________.
4. The narrator in Story 8 has all of the following family members except for which?
5. Every time Bill thinks of his first bullet wound, what happens to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the term "other man" refer to in Story 8.
2. Discuss the importance of Terrence's knife in Story 6.
3. What is the irony behind the title of the story "Happy Hour"?
4. Where does the action of the second part of Story 8 take place? Describe this location.
5. How did Bill receive his bullet holes? How do these bullet holes haunt Bill?
6. What is Hardee's emergency seen in Story 6?
7. Discuss the irony behind Bill seeing the victims of a car crash as "just meat."
8. Who is the only female in Story 7 that is given a name? Why is she the only one the narrator names?
9. Discuss the significance of the two men at the hospital the narrator sees in Story 8.
10. Discuss the relevance of the baby rabbits to Story 6.
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)