|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many baby rabbits were there in Story 6?
2. In Story 7, the narrator recalls that on his ________ birthday, Michelle tried to ________ the narrator.
(a) 18th / stab.
(b) 30th / marry.
(c) 21st / leave.
(d) 24th / shoot.
3. Story 9 opens with the narrator saying he was after a ________ who was always in the company of a boy.
(a) 15 year old ballerina.
(b) 14 year old cowgirl.
(c) 17 year old belly dancer.
(d) 16 year old cheerleader.
4. Who is pregnant in the beginning of Story 7?
(a) The narrator's girlfriend.
(b) Richard's daughter.
(c) Georgie's fiance.
(d) Wayne's wife.
5. Who says in Story 8, "In Warsaw, my city, we drive in the park after twelve in the night, but the rules are saying no, you must not go to the park after this time, 12pm middle-night"?
(c) The second man.
(d) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michelle die in Story 7?
2. What happens to the baby rabbits at the end of Story 6?
3. When did the military woman at tavern get married?
4. While hiking through the woods in Story 6, the narrator and Georgie stumble upon what they think is a(n) ________, but it is actually a(n) ________.
5. What is the name of the tavern across from the hospital that the narrator goes to in Story 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the importance of Terrence's knife in Story 6.
2. Who is the narrator searching for in Seattle in Story 9? What does he recall about this person?
3. Where does the action of the second part of Story 8 take place? Describe this location.
4. What key point does the narrator make between the intimacy between men and women in Story 7?
5. What happens when the narrator goes to visit a pair of friends in Story 8?
6. How did Bill receive his bullet holes? How do these bullet holes haunt Bill?
7. Discuss the relevance of the baby rabbits to Story 6.
8. Explain how the relationship between the Story 8 narrator and military wife at the bar reinforces the theme of the tension between desperation and compassion.
9. What does the final lines in Story 7 reveal about the narrator's view of Michelle's abortion?
10. How is Georgie portrayed by the narrator in Story 6. How do the narrator and Georgie know each other?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)