|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom did Bill receive two of his bullet wounds from?
(a) His two ex-wives.
(b) The narrator.
(c) A mugger.
(d) His son.
2. In what year does Story 6 take place?
3. While hiking through the woods in Story 6, the narrator and Georgie stumble upon what they think is a(n) ________, but it is actually a(n) ________.
(a) Indian graveyard / playground.
(b) Military graveyard / drive-in movie theater.
(c) Drive-in movie theater / pet cemetary.
(d) Horse ranch / bull ranch.
4. What does Georgie believe to be all over the Operating Room floor in Story 6?
5. How long does Happy Hour last in Story 9?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Every time Bill thinks of his first bullet wound, what happens to him?
2. How much money does Nez Perce say the narrator owes him in Story 9?
3. What is the name of the wounded man in the Emergency Room in Story 6?
4. The narrator indicates that the two men he sees at the hospital in Story 8 were brought together by common ________.
5. What embarrassing moment does the narrator of Story 9 remember happening to him at the library?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the importance of Terrence's knife in Story 6.
2. What happens when the narrator goes to visit a pair of friends in Story 8?
3. What key point does the narrator make between the intimacy between men and women in Story 7?
4. Briefly describe the "second man" in Story 8.
5. What is the irony behind the title of the story "Happy Hour"?
6. How did Bill receive his bullet holes? How do these bullet holes haunt Bill?
7. What is Hardee's emergency seen in Story 6?
8. Who is the only female in Story 7 that is given a name? Why is she the only one the narrator names?
9. Briefly discuss the three train rides the narrator recalls in Story 7.
10. In what way is the large horse pill the narrator receives in Story 9 a prize for the narrator?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)