|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While hiking through the woods in Story 6, the narrator and Georgie stumble upon what they think is a(n) ________, but it is actually a(n) ________.
(a) Horse ranch / bull ranch.
(b) Drive-in movie theater / pet cemetary.
(c) Military graveyard / drive-in movie theater.
(d) Indian graveyard / playground.
2. In Story 7, the narrator follows a man off the train and into a ________ neighborhood.
3. What type of accent does the "second man" have in Story 8?
(b) West Midlands.
(d) Eastern European.
4. What is the name of the narrator's roommate in Story 10 that he shaves?
5. What animal does Georgie run over in Story 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Story 7, the narrator recalls that on his ________ birthday, Michelle tried to ________ the narrator.
2. Where does the narrator say the "second man" from Story 8 is from?
3. Why does the narrator of Story 8 not take the military woman from the tavern to a motel?
4. According to the narrator of Story 9, Happy Hour is also referred to as ________.
5. Who is pregnant in the beginning of Story 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is the title "Emergency" a direct metaphor of the narrator's life in Story 6?
2. What happens when the narrator goes to visit a pair of friends in Story 8?
3. What key point does the narrator make between the intimacy between men and women in Story 7?
4. Discuss the significance of the two men at the hospital the narrator sees in Story 8.
5. Discuss the importance of Terrence's knife in Story 6.
6. In what way is the large horse pill the narrator receives in Story 9 a prize for the narrator?
7. Who is the only female in Story 7 that is given a name? Why is she the only one the narrator names?
8. Who is the narrator searching for in Seattle in Story 9? What does he recall about this person?
9. What is Hardee's emergency seen in Story 6?
10. Discuss the relevance of the baby rabbits to Story 6.
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)