|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what city do Michelle and John run off to?
(d) Kansas City.
2. What drug does the narrator of Story 6 say is a very famous guru of the love generation?
3. Where is the narrator in Story 10?
(a) In a mental institution.
(b) At the mall.
(c) In a motel.
(d) At a barbershop.
4. According to the narrator of Story 6, where he is now, how many weeks of winter occur in September?
5. Who says in Story 8, "In Warsaw, my city, we drive in the park after twelve in the night, but the rules are saying no, you must not go to the park after this time, 12pm middle-night"?
(a) The second man.
(d) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the wounded man in the Emergency Room in Story 6 accuse of injuring him?
2. Story 9 opens with the narrator saying he was after a ________ who was always in the company of a boy.
3. How long does Happy Hour last in Story 9?
4. What is the "second man's" real name?
5. In Story 7, the narrator recalls that on his ________ birthday, Michelle tried to ________ the narrator.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relevance of picketers standing outside the abortion clinic in Story 7?
2. Discuss the importance of Terrence's knife in Story 6.
3. Discuss the relevance of the baby rabbits to Story 6.
4. What is the irony behind the title of the story "Happy Hour"?
5. In what way is the large horse pill the narrator receives in Story 9 a prize for the narrator?
6. What does the final lines in Story 7 reveal about the narrator's view of Michelle's abortion?
7. Who is the narrator searching for in Seattle in Story 9? What does he recall about this person?
8. Explain how the relationship between the Story 8 narrator and military wife at the bar reinforces the theme of the tension between desperation and compassion.
9. How did Bill receive his bullet holes? How do these bullet holes haunt Bill?
10. Discuss the significance of the two men at the hospital the narrator sees in Story 8.
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)