|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Nez Perce say the narrator owes him in Story 9?
2. In the Story 7 narrator's flashback, how many shots did Michelle fire at him?
3. Who says in Story 8, "In Warsaw, my city, we drive in the park after twelve in the night, but the rules are saying no, you must not go to the park after this time, 12pm middle-night"?
(b) The second man.
(d) The narrator.
4. Where does Georgie tell the narrator he wants to go in Story 6?
(a) To the aquarium.
(b) To the zoo.
(c) To church.
(d) To the park.
5. What is the name of the narrator's girlfriend in Story 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator in Story 8, where does the narrator meet the "second man"?
2. Story 9 opens with the narrator saying he was after a ________ who was always in the company of a boy.
3. The narrator reveals in Story 7 that the driver of the train is ________.
4. What is the name of the tavern across from the hospital that the narrator goes to in Story 8?
5. The "second man" in Story 8 tells the narrator that he lied and that he is actually from ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What key point does the narrator make between the intimacy between men and women in Story 7?
2. Where does the action of the second part of Story 8 take place? Describe this location.
3. What role does Terrence play in Story 6? How do the other characters in the story handle Terrence's situation?
4. Who is the narrator searching for in Seattle in Story 9? What does he recall about this person?
5. Briefly describe the "second man" in Story 8.
6. Briefly discuss the three train rides the narrator recalls in Story 7.
7. What happens when the narrator goes to visit a pair of friends in Story 8?
8. Who does the term "other man" refer to in Story 8.
9. What is the irony behind the title of the story "Happy Hour"?
10. In what way is the title "Emergency" a direct metaphor of the narrator's life in Story 6?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)