|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Around 3:30am, a guy with a _______ in his ________ comes into the hospital in Story 6.
(a) Knife / eye.
(b) Fork / leg.
(c) Saw / arm.
(d) Tree branch / abdomen.
2. Where does the narrator say the "second man" from Story 8 is from?
3. In Story 7, the narrator recalls that on his ________ birthday, Michelle tried to ________ the narrator.
(a) 18th / stab.
(b) 30th / marry.
(c) 24th / shoot.
(d) 21st / leave.
4. According to the narrator in Story 8, ________ is Seattle's much favored sad jukebox song.
(a) Baby Come To Me.
(b) Misty Blue.
(c) 16 Candles.
(d) He Will Break Your Heart.
5. What is the "second man's" real name?
(d) His name is unknown.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the narrator been working at the hospital in Story 6?
2. What part of the hospital is the narrator working at in Story 6?
3. What type of accent does the "second man" have in Story 8?
4. How many baby rabbits were there in Story 6?
5. The narrator indicates that the two men he sees at the hospital in Story 8 were brought together by common ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly discuss the three train rides the narrator recalls in Story 7.
2. Who does the term "other man" refer to in Story 8.
3. Who is the narrator searching for in Seattle in Story 9? What does he recall about this person?
4. In what way is the title "Emergency" a direct metaphor of the narrator's life in Story 6?
5. How did Bill receive his bullet holes? How do these bullet holes haunt Bill?
6. What is Hardee's emergency seen in Story 6?
7. Discuss the importance of Terrence's knife in Story 6.
8. Discuss the relevance of the baby rabbits to Story 6.
9. How does Bill define him? What is his perspective on the world? Explain.
10. Who is the only female in Story 7 that is given a name? Why is she the only one the narrator names?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)