|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While hiking through the woods in Story 6, the narrator and Georgie stumble upon what they think is a(n) ________, but it is actually a(n) ________.
(a) Indian graveyard / playground.
(b) Horse ranch / bull ranch.
(c) Drive-in movie theater / pet cemetary.
(d) Military graveyard / drive-in movie theater.
2. What type of vehicle does the "second man" in Story 8 drive?
(a) A van.
(b) A motorscooter.
(c) An RV.
(d) A pickup truck.
3. How many baby rabbits were there in Story 6?
4. Who does the military woman from the tavern say she could introduce the narrator to her husband as?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her nephew.
5. What does Georgie believe to be all over the Operating Room floor in Story 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator of Story 10 referring to when he says to bill, "Pay me back when they give you yours"?
2. What drug does the narrator of Story 6 say is a very famous guru of the love generation?
3. The narrator follows the man from the train into a ________ in Story 7.
4. Where does Georgie tell the narrator he wants to go in Story 6?
5. According to the narrator of Story 9, Happy Hour is also referred to as ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the significance of the two men at the hospital the narrator sees in Story 8.
2. Who is the narrator searching for in Seattle in Story 9? What does he recall about this person?
3. What is Hardee's emergency seen in Story 6?
4. What happens when the narrator goes to visit a pair of friends in Story 8?
5. How does Bill define him? What is his perspective on the world? Explain.
6. How is Georgie portrayed by the narrator in Story 6. How do the narrator and Georgie know each other?
7. What key point does the narrator make between the intimacy between men and women in Story 7?
8. Where does the action of the second part of Story 8 take place? Describe this location.
9. What is the relevance of picketers standing outside the abortion clinic in Story 7?
10. Briefly discuss the three train rides the narrator recalls in Story 7.
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)