|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator of Story 6, where he is now, how many weeks of winter occur in September?
2. How many baby rabbits were there in Story 6?
3. What is Georgie referring to when he says, "We killed the mother and saved the children"?
(a) The squirrel.
(b) The rabbit.
(c) The dog.
(d) The duck.
4. What type of accent does the "second man" have in Story 8?
(a) West Midlands.
(c) Eastern European.
5. What is Happy Hour as it is referred to in Story 9?
(a) Buy 2, get 1 free desserts.
(b) Buy 1, get 1 free appetizers.
(c) Buy 1, get 3 free side dishes.
(d) Buy 1, get 2 free alcoholic beverages.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bill looks back at his life, he says he sees _______.
2. The narrator defines Michelle in Story 7 as all of the following except for which?
3. How does Michelle die in Story 7?
4. Who does the wounded man in the Emergency Room in Story 6 accuse of injuring him?
5. Where does Georgie tell the narrator he wants to go in Story 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Georgie portrayed by the narrator in Story 6. How do the narrator and Georgie know each other?
2. Discuss the relationship between John Smith and Michelle.
3. What key point does the narrator make between the intimacy between men and women in Story 7?
4. Where does the action of the second part of Story 8 take place? Describe this location.
5. Who is the only female in Story 7 that is given a name? Why is she the only one the narrator names?
6. Discuss the significance of the two men at the hospital the narrator sees in Story 8.
7. Explain how the relationship between the Story 8 narrator and military wife at the bar reinforces the theme of the tension between desperation and compassion.
8. What role does Terrence play in Story 6? How do the other characters in the story handle Terrence's situation?
9. What happens when the narrator goes to visit a pair of friends in Story 8?
10. Discuss the relevance of the baby rabbits to Story 6.
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)