|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first time Bill was shot, the bullet went in his ________.
2. How does Michelle die in Story 7?
(a) She is murdered.
(b) She hangs herself.
(c) She overdoses on pills.
(d) She is in a car accident.
3. Who does the military woman from the tavern say she could introduce the narrator to her husband as?
(a) Her nephew.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her son.
4. In Story 7, what do the picketers outside the abortion clinic throw at the narrator when he leaves the building?
(b) Holy water.
5. What part of the hospital is the narrator working at in Story 6?
(a) The morgue.
(b) The Emergency Room.
(c) Labor and delivery room.
(d) The cardiac arrest room.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bill looks back at his life, he says he sees _______.
2. Who is out in front of the abortion building in Story 7?
3. Where does the narrator say the "second man" from Story 8 is from?
4. What is the movie about that the Story 7 narrator watches at the abortion clinic?
5. To what city do Michelle and John run off to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the significance of the two men at the hospital the narrator sees in Story 8.
2. What is the relevance of picketers standing outside the abortion clinic in Story 7?
3. How is Georgie portrayed by the narrator in Story 6. How do the narrator and Georgie know each other?
4. Briefly discuss the three train rides the narrator recalls in Story 7.
5. Discuss the relationship between John Smith and Michelle.
6. How did Bill receive his bullet holes? How do these bullet holes haunt Bill?
7. What key point does the narrator make between the intimacy between men and women in Story 7?
8. Discuss the irony behind Bill seeing the victims of a car crash as "just meat."
9. Who does the term "other man" refer to in Story 8.
10. What is Hardee's emergency seen in Story 6?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)