|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Story 2, what color is the narrator's vehicle?
2. In Story 5, whose ex-girlfriend did the narrator end up marrying?
(b) Jack Hotel.
3. What type of party is Jack Hotel throwing for himself at the bar in Story 3?
(a) A going away party.
(b) A welcome home party.
(c) A birthday party.
(d) A bachelor party.
4. How is the narrator receiving money in Story 3?
(a) By prostituting himself.
(b) By stealing a dead man's social security checks.
(c) By being a drug dealer.
(d) By working as a construction worker.
5. What is the narrator and his girlfriend's drug of choice in Story 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose birthday is it in Story 4?
2. Who was the naked woman flying over the river behind the boat in Story 5?
3. Who is Kid Williams?
4. At the end of Story 5, the narrator says, "Your husband will beat you with a(n) ________ and the bus will pull away leaving you standing there in tears, but you were my ________."
5. How much money does Wayne and the narrator each receive for the scrap wire in Story 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the mini-theme of the manifestation of nature a seen in Story 1.
2. At the end of Story 5, the narrator makes reference to his mother. Explain this reference and to whom is he referring to.
3. Show how and when the narrator's violent side is exposed in Story 2.
4. Who is McInnes? What has happened to him in Story 4?
5. Who is Wayne? Describe his relationship with the narrator in Story 5.
6. Discuss the narrator's relationship with the three women in Story 5.
7. In Story 2, what three stops does the narrator's new companion have the narrator make? What occurs at each of the three stops?
8. What can the passive reaction of the trucker in Story 1 be seen as a metaphoric representation of?
9. Who is Richard and Tom? Discuss the friendship the narrator has with these two men.
10. Define the literary term of tone. What is the tone of Story 1?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)