|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Story 5, whose ex-girlfriend did the narrator end up marrying?
(c) Jack Hotel.
2. What type of party is Jack Hotel throwing for himself at the bar in Story 3?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A welcome home party.
(c) A bachelor party.
(d) A going away party.
3. Who used to own the house that the narrator and Wayne are at?
(a) Wayne's former boss.
(b) Wayne's mother.
(c) Wayne's ex-girlfriend.
4. In his flashback, the narrator in Story 1 reveals that earlier in the day the ________ and him had swept down into ________.
(a) The Student / Savannah.
(b) The Indian / Forks.
(c) The Teacher / Chinatown.
(d) Salesman / Kansas City.
5. In Story 5, what does the narrator say his car did not need?
(b) A key.
(c) Exhaust pipe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's marital status in Story 2?
2. What type of vehicle does the narrator of Story 2 drive?
3. Who overdoses on heroin at the end of Story 3?
4. Who is the only customer at the Vine when the narrator arrives in the beginning of Story 5?
5. Who does the narrator believe is coming to shoot his left leg off in Story 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Dundun.
2. The most telling image is the one quoted in Story 1 that of the narrator being showered with human blood. What does being "showered with human blood" represent?
3. Who is Thatcher? What type of relationship does Thatcher have with the narrator?
4. While working with Wayne at the abandoned house, what is the narrator and Wayne distracted by? Who is this person?
5. Who is Richard and Tom? Discuss the friendship the narrator has with these two men.
6. Discuss the narrator's relationship with the three women in Story 5.
7. Who is McInnes? What has happened to him in Story 4?
8. Define and discuss imagery which is found in Story 2.
9. Who encourages the narrator of Story 5 to work with him? What type of work do they perform? Explain.
10. Discuss the mini-theme of the manifestation of nature a seen in Story 1.
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)