|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does the car accident in Story 1 occur?
(a) 5:45 pm.
(b) 3:15 am.
(c) 3:30 pm.
(d) 12 am.
2. According to the narrator in Story 2, how does he feel about his child?
(a) He wants to put him up for adoption.
(b) He is afraid of him.
(c) He enjoys him.
(d) He hates him.
3. Where is the narrator at the end of Story 1?
(a) In a mental institution.
(b) At a party.
(c) In a cemetary.
(d) At a bar.
4. What type of job does Wayne tell the narrator they are going to perform in Story 5?
5. Who overdoses on heroin at the end of Story 3?
(a) Jack Hotel.
(b) The Salesman.
(c) Kid Williams.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator in Story 2, who sold him a gun?
2. How does the narrator's "new companion" communicate in Story 2?
3. What is Jack Hotels's real name?
4. What is the narrator and his girlfriend's drug of choice in Story 5?
5. What crime was Jack Hotel being tried for in Story 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Story 5, the narrator makes reference to his mother. Explain this reference and to whom is he referring to.
2. Describe Dundun's violence against Jack Hotel as described by the narrator in Story 4.
3. Who is Wayne? Describe his relationship with the narrator in Story 5.
4. What can the passive reaction of the trucker in Story 1 be seen as a metaphoric representation of?
5. Describe The Vine as seen in Story 3.
6. Describe the character of Jack Hotel. Discuss the interaction he has with the narrator.
7. Who is McInnes? What has happened to him in Story 4?
8. Define the literary element of foreshadowing. How is this literary element used in Story 1?
9. Describe the character of Dundun.
10. How does the narrator and Dundun deal with the death of McInnes?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)