|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of job does Wayne tell the narrator they are going to perform in Story 5?
2. In Story 5, what offer does Wayne make to the narrator?
(a) To go to work with him.
(b) To open up a business together.
(c) Wayne wants to be roommates with the narrator.
(d) Wayne wants to buy the narrator's car.
3. What type of party is Jack Hotel throwing for himself at the bar in Story 3?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A bachelor party.
(c) A going away party.
(d) A welcome home party.
4. What is the Salesman marital status?
5. What is Wayne referring to in Story 5 when he says, "It is my sacrifice"?
(a) Buying drinks.
(b) Working to make money.
(c) His outlook on life.
(d) Marriage with his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack Hotel and the narrator buy with their money in Story 3?
2. Who is Alsatia?
3. Who drives a Volkswagen in Story 1?
4. Where does Dundun live?
5. How much money does Wayne and the narrator each receive for the scrap wire in Story 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator and Dundun deal with the death of McInnes?
2. Who is Richard and Tom? Discuss the friendship the narrator has with these two men.
3. Define and discuss imagery which is found in Story 2.
4. What can the passive reaction of the trucker in Story 1 be seen as a metaphoric representation of?
5. Who is McInnes? What has happened to him in Story 4?
6. Discuss the scene where the narrator and his friends meet their new companion in Story 2.
7. Describe Dundun's violence against Jack Hotel as described by the narrator in Story 4.
8. Discuss the mini-theme of the manifestation of nature a seen in Story 1.
9. Where does the narrator of Story 3 receive money from?
10. Is Richard the one who the narrator briefly describes as being injured and arrested during a burglary attempt? Explain.
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)