|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Wayne and the narrator each receive for the scrap wire in Story 5?
2. What does the narrator find inside his car in Story 2?
(a) A man sleeping.
(b) A note.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A rabbit.
3. In Story 2, who is the woman at the narrator's "new companion's" home referring to when she says, "If you don't take him off our street I'm calling the police"?
(c) The narrator.
(d) The new companion.
4. What is the name of the bar the narrator is at in Story 3?
(a) The Vine.
(b) Blind Pig Pub.
(c) Big Daddy's.
(d) A J's Bar & Grill.
5. Who is Tim Bishop?
(a) Blue's boyfriend.
(b) McInnes' brother.
(c) The owner of the farm house.
(d) The narrator's best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how old does the narrator guess the sleeping baby in the backseat of the family's vehicle to be in Story 1?
2. What does Jack Hotel and the narrator buy with their money in Story 3?
3. What is Wayne referring to in Story 5 when he says, "It is my sacrifice"?
4. Story 3 opens with the narrator seeing ________ in an olive-green three-piece suit, with his blond hair combed back and his face shining and suffering.
5. Who does the narrator believe is coming to shoot his left leg off in Story 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who encourages the narrator of Story 5 to work with him? What type of work do they perform? Explain.
2. Define the literary element of foreshadowing. How is this literary element used in Story 1?
3. How does the narrator and Dundun deal with the death of McInnes?
4. In Story 2, what three stops does the narrator's new companion have the narrator make? What occurs at each of the three stops?
5. Describe the three people the narrator first introduces to the reader at the beginning of Story 1. How does the narrator interact with these three people?
6. Discuss the scene where the narrator and his friends meet their new companion in Story 2.
7. Discuss the mini-theme of the randomness of existence as seen in Story 1.
8. Who is Thatcher? What type of relationship does Thatcher have with the narrator?
9. Discuss the mini-theme of the manifestation of nature a seen in Story 1.
10. While working with Wayne at the abandoned house, what is the narrator and Wayne distracted by? Who is this person?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)