Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Salesman hit with his car causing a severe accident in Story 1?
(a) A deer.
(b) A light pole.
(c) A tree.
(d) Another car.
2. What is the "new companion's" real name in Story 2?
3. According to the narrator in Story 2, how does he feel about his child?
(a) He is afraid of him.
(b) He enjoys him.
(c) He wants to put him up for adoption.
(d) He hates him.
4. What is the narrator's marital status in Story 2?
5. In Story 5, what offer does Wayne make to the narrator?
(a) Wayne wants to be roommates with the narrator.
(b) To go to work with him.
(c) To open up a business together.
(d) Wayne wants to buy the narrator's car.
Short Answer Questions
1. When asked by the semi-truck driver, "Is everybody dead?" How does the narrator respond?
2. Who is the only customer at the Vine when the narrator arrives in the beginning of Story 5?
3. According to the narrator in Story 1, all of the following people had given the narrator drugs except for who?
4. Who is the narrator of Story 2 referring to when he says, "I'd better just go after him, instead of waiting"?
5. What does Jack Hotel and the narrator buy with their money in Story 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dundun's violence against Jack Hotel as described by the narrator in Story 4.
2. How did Bill receive his bullet holes? How do these bullet holes haunt Bill?
3. Explain how the relationship between the Story 8 narrator and military wife at the bar reinforces the theme of the tension between desperation and compassion.
4. At the end of Story 5, the narrator makes reference to his mother. Explain this reference and to whom is he referring to.
5. Who encourages the narrator of Story 5 to work with him? What type of work do they perform? Explain.
6. What is the relevance of picketers standing outside the abortion clinic in Story 7?
7. Analyze the family who picks up the hitchhiking narrator in Story 1. What are some characteristics of this family?
8. Briefly discuss the three train rides the narrator recalls in Story 7.
9. What is the connection between ''Beverly Home" to "Out on Bail"?
10. What role does Terrence play in Story 6? How do the other characters in the story handle Terrence's situation?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)