|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Story 5, what does the narrator say his car did not need?
(b) A key.
(c) Exhaust pipe.
2. What crime was Jack Hotel being tried for in Story 3?
(a) Armed robbery.
(d) Grand theft.
3. In Story 5, the narrator and his girlfriend have been staying at the ________.
(a) Motel 8.
(b) Hampton Inn.
(c) Holiday Inn.
(d) Motel Inn.
4. How old is the narrator's child in Story 2?
(a) 13 years old.
(b) 24 months.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) 6 months.
5. According to the narrator in Story 1, all of the following people had given the narrator drugs except for who?
(a) The Teacher.
(b) The Indian.
(c) The Salesman.
(d) The Student.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator in Story 2, how does he feel about his child?
2. Who is Kid Williams?
3. Who does the narrator call "Nurse" in Story 5?
4. What specific item is the narrator and Wayne after on the job?
5. Where does Dundun live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the mini-theme of the randomness of existence as seen in Story 1.
2. Discuss the drug abuse seen in Story 3.
3. While working with Wayne at the abandoned house, what is the narrator and Wayne distracted by? Who is this person?
4. Discuss the scene where the narrator and his friends meet their new companion in Story 2.
5. Describe the character of Dundun.
6. Describe the three people the narrator first introduces to the reader at the beginning of Story 1. How does the narrator interact with these three people?
7. Describe Dundun's violence against Jack Hotel as described by the narrator in Story 4.
8. Define and discuss imagery which is found in Story 2.
9. Describe the character of Jack Hotel. Discuss the interaction he has with the narrator.
10. Where does the narrator of Story 3 receive money from?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)