|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of vehicle does the narrator of Story 2 drive?
(a) A Jeep.
(b) A Volkswagon.
(c) A Prius.
(d) A Mustang.
2. What does Dundun bring to McInnes in Story 4 to make him feel better?
(a) Beer and water.
(b) Bread and water.
(c) An asprin and juice.
(d) Water and marijuana.
3. According to Richard in Story 2, the people at the farmhouse use to be ________.
4. How much did the narrator of Story 5 originally pay for his vehicle?
5. The narrator states in Story 1 that by the sweet voices of the family inside the car, he knew ________.
(a) They would take good care of the narrator.
(b) That they were friendly.
(c) That they had young children.
(d) They would have an accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's "new companion" in Story 2 want from the narrator?
2. Where is the narrator at the end of Story 1?
3. What is the name of the bar the narrator is at in Story 3?
4. According to Dundun in Story 4, why does McInnes not feel good?
5. Where is the narrator at the beginning of Story 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Define the literary element of foreshadowing. How is this literary element used in Story 1?
2. Where does the narrator of Story 3 receive money from?
3. Analyze the family who picks up the hitchhiking narrator in Story 1. What are some characteristics of this family?
4. Who is Wayne? Describe his relationship with the narrator in Story 5.
5. Who is Richard and Tom? Discuss the friendship the narrator has with these two men.
6. The most telling image is the one quoted in Story 1 that of the narrator being showered with human blood. What does being "showered with human blood" represent?
7. Describe the character of Jack Hotel. Discuss the interaction he has with the narrator.
8. In Story 2, what three stops does the narrator's new companion have the narrator make? What occurs at each of the three stops?
9. Discuss the mini-theme of the manifestation of nature a seen in Story 1.
10. Discuss the scene where the narrator and his friends meet their new companion in Story 2.
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)