|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Story 1, who runs a furniture store?
(a) The Indian's father.
(b) The Student's brother.
(c) The Salesman's girlfriend.
(d) The narrator's wife.
2. In Story 5, whose ex-girlfriend did the narrator end up marrying?
(a) Jack Hotel.
3. Before bringing the narrator home, who does the Salesman want to stop and see in Story 1?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His wife.
4. What type of vehicle does the narrator of Story 2 drive?
(a) A Mustang.
(b) A Jeep.
(c) A Volkswagon.
(d) A Prius.
5. How much money does Wayne and the narrator each receive for the scrap wire in Story 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator in Story 2, how does he feel about his child?
2. In his flashback, the narrator in Story 1 reveals that earlier in the day the ________ and him had swept down into ________.
3. In Story 1, who is Janice?
4. At the end of Story 1, what flutters close to the narrator's face?
5. What profession does Dundun say he would not mind working?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the narrator of Story 3 receive money from?
2. Define and discuss imagery which is found in Story 2.
3. The most telling image is the one quoted in Story 1 that of the narrator being showered with human blood. What does being "showered with human blood" represent?
4. What can the passive reaction of the trucker in Story 1 be seen as a metaphoric representation of?
5. Discuss the mini-theme of the randomness of existence as seen in Story 1.
6. Describe the three people the narrator first introduces to the reader at the beginning of Story 1. How does the narrator interact with these three people?
7. Who is McInnes? What has happened to him in Story 4?
8. Analyze the family who picks up the hitchhiking narrator in Story 1. What are some characteristics of this family?
9. Discuss the scene where the narrator and his friends meet their new companion in Story 2.
10. Discuss the mini-theme of the manifestation of nature a seen in Story 1.
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)