|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before bringing the narrator home, who does the Salesman want to stop and see in Story 1?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) His wife.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
2. According to Dundun in Story 4, why does McInnes not feel good?
(a) McInnes has the flu.
(b) Dundun beat him up.
(c) McInnes overdosed on pain killers.
(d) Dundun shot him.
3. Where does the police officer take the hitchhiking narrator following the car accident?
(a) To the narrator's house.
(b) To jail.
(c) To a shelter.
(d) To the hospital.
4. What is the name of the narrator's two friends in Story 2?
(a) Charles and Michael.
(b) Donny and Matthew.
(c) Sam and Carol.
(d) Tom and Richard.
5. What does the narrator's "new companion" in Story 2 want from the narrator?
(b) A ride home.
(c) A place to stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "new companion's" real name in Story 2?
2. In Story 5, the narrator and his girlfriend have been staying at the ________.
3. According to the narrator in Story 1, who was snoring loudly and rudely after the car accident?
4. In Story 5, what offer does Wayne make to the narrator?
5. Who overdoses on heroin at the end of Story 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Wayne? Describe his relationship with the narrator in Story 5.
2. How does the narrator and Dundun deal with the death of McInnes?
3. Where is the climax of Jesus' Son found? Explain why this part is considered the climax.
4. Who is Richard and Tom? Discuss the friendship the narrator has with these two men.
5. Who is the only female in Story 7 that is given a name? Why is she the only one the narrator names?
6. Discuss the narrator's relationship with the three women in Story 5.
7. What is the relevance of picketers standing outside the abortion clinic in Story 7?
8. Who is the narrator searching for in Seattle in Story 9? What does he recall about this person?
9. Discuss the mini-theme of the manifestation of nature a seen in Story 1.
10. What is the Mennonite husband washing his wife's feet a symbolic image of? Explain.
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)