|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the police officer take the hitchhiking narrator following the car accident?
(a) To a shelter.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To jail.
(d) To the narrator's house.
2. Why is McInnes not at the hospital in the beginning of Story 4?
(a) Dundun refuses to let McInnes go.
(b) Jack Hotel crashed the car.
(c) Nobody has a car to take McInnes.
(d) McInnes doesn't want to go.
3. What is Jack Hotels's real name?
(a) Harry Jacobson.
(b) George Hoddel.
(c) Jack Hamilton.
(d) Joshua Hughston.
4. Who does the narrator believe is coming to shoot his left leg off in Story 2?
5. According to the narrator, he and the Salesman developed a dangerous cynical camaraderie beginning in ________.
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of weapon is the narrator carrying on him in Story 2?
2. In Story 2, who is the woman at the narrator's "new companion's" home referring to when she says, "If you don't take him off our street I'm calling the police"?
3. Who is Kid Williams?
4. Who used to own the house that the narrator and Wayne are at?
5. Who overdoses on heroin at the end of Story 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the final lines in Story 7 reveal about the narrator's view of Michelle's abortion?
2. Who does the term "other man" refer to in Story 8.
3. How is Georgie portrayed by the narrator in Story 6. How do the narrator and Georgie know each other?
4. What does the term "sacrifice" refer to when Wayne says, "It is my sacrifice" after the narrator offers to buy a round of beers at The Vine.
5. Where does the action of the second part of Story 8 take place? Describe this location.
6. What is Hardee's emergency seen in Story 6?
7. Who encourages the narrator of Story 5 to work with him? What type of work do they perform? Explain.
8. Describe Beverly Home as viewed by the narrator.
9. Analyze the family who picks up the hitchhiking narrator in Story 1. What are some characteristics of this family?
10. Define the literary term of tone. What is the tone of Story 1?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)