|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What specific item is the narrator and Wayne after on the job?
(a) Redwood oak flooring.
(b) Brass piping.
(c) Crystal chandelier.
(d) Copper wire.
2. According to the narrator in Story 2, who sold him a gun?
3. According to the narrator, he and the Salesman developed a dangerous cynical camaraderie beginning in ________.
(a) New York.
4. What does the Salesman hit with his car causing a severe accident in Story 1?
(a) Another car.
(b) A tree.
(c) A deer.
(d) A light pole.
5. Who does Wayne stop to see after he and the narrator finish work?
(a) His father.
(b) His son.
(c) His wife.
(d) His grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of party is Jack Hotel throwing for himself at the bar in Story 3?
2. What is the boat pulling behind it in Story 5?
3. What is the minimum amount of years Jack Hotel could spend in jail for his crime?
4. Before bringing the narrator home, who does the Salesman want to stop and see in Story 1?
5. According to the narrator of Story 3, at ________ some of the most terrible things happen to him.
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the mini-theme of the randomness of existence as seen in Story 1.
2. While working with Wayne at the abandoned house, what is the narrator and Wayne distracted by? Who is this person?
3. Who is Richard and Tom? Discuss the friendship the narrator has with these two men.
4. Discuss comical irony which is found in Story 2.
5. Describe the character of Dundun.
6. At the end of Story 5, the narrator makes reference to his mother. Explain this reference and to whom is he referring to.
7. In Story 2, what three stops does the narrator's new companion have the narrator make? What occurs at each of the three stops?
8. Who is Thatcher? What type of relationship does Thatcher have with the narrator?
9. Who encourages the narrator of Story 5 to work with him? What type of work do they perform? Explain.
10. Define the literary element of foreshadowing. How is this literary element used in Story 1?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)