|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Bride of Death in Story 2 is a nickname the narrator gives to ________.
2. In Story 2, what color is the narrator's vehicle?
3. According to the narrator of Story 3, at ________ some of the most terrible things happen to him.
(a) A J's Bar & Grill.
(b) Blind Pig Pub.
(c) The Vine.
(d) Big Daddy's.
4. According to the narrator, he and the Salesman developed a dangerous cynical camaraderie beginning in ________.
(b) New York.
5. At the end of Story 1, what flutters close to the narrator's face?
(a) A colorful butterfly.
(b) An ugly moth.
(c) A yellow bird.
(d) A noisy bee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dundun bring to McInnes in Story 4 to make him feel better?
2. How far did the family promise to take the hitchhiking narrator?
3. What is the name of the bar the narrator is at in Story 3?
4. What type of party is Jack Hotel throwing for himself at the bar in Story 3?
5. What is the "new companion's" real name in Story 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Define the literary term of tone. What is the tone of Story 1?
2. While working with Wayne at the abandoned house, what is the narrator and Wayne distracted by? Who is this person?
3. Discuss comical irony which is found in Story 2.
4. Who encourages the narrator of Story 5 to work with him? What type of work do they perform? Explain.
5. Analyze the family who picks up the hitchhiking narrator in Story 1. What are some characteristics of this family?
6. Discuss the mini-theme of the randomness of existence as seen in Story 1.
7. What can the passive reaction of the trucker in Story 1 be seen as a metaphoric representation of?
8. Discuss the scene where the narrator and his friends meet their new companion in Story 2.
9. Discuss the narrator's relationship with the three women in Story 5.
10. The most telling image is the one quoted in Story 1 that of the narrator being showered with human blood. What does being "showered with human blood" represent?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)