|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of Story 2 referring to when he says, "I'd better just go after him, instead of waiting"?
2. In Story 5, what does the narrator say his car did not need?
(a) Exhaust pipe.
(b) A key.
3. According to the narrator in Story 1, who was snoring loudly and rudely after the car accident?
(a) The passenger of the other car.
(b) He was.
(c) The Salesman.
(d) The baby.
4. What is the weather like throughout Story 1?
5. What is the narrator's marital status in Story 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator's "new companion" communicate in Story 2?
2. Who is the only customer at the Vine when the narrator arrives in the beginning of Story 5?
3. What is the narrator and his girlfriend's drug of choice in Story 5?
4. What time does the car accident in Story 1 occur?
5. What does the narrator find inside his car in Story 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the narrator's relationship with the three women in Story 5.
2. Define the literary term of tone. What is the tone of Story 1?
3. At the end of Story 5, the narrator makes reference to his mother. Explain this reference and to whom is he referring to.
4. Discuss the drug abuse seen in Story 3.
5. Who is Thatcher? What type of relationship does Thatcher have with the narrator?
6. Who is Richard and Tom? Discuss the friendship the narrator has with these two men.
7. Where does the narrator of Story 3 receive money from?
8. Show how and when the narrator's violent side is exposed in Story 2.
9. Analyze the family who picks up the hitchhiking narrator in Story 1. What are some characteristics of this family?
10. Define the literary element of foreshadowing. How is this literary element used in Story 1?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)