|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator in Story 1, all of the following people had given the narrator drugs except for who?
(a) The Salesman.
(b) The Indian.
(c) The Teacher.
(d) The Student.
2. According to the narrator in Story 1, why was he admitted to Seattle General Hospital some years later?
(a) For mental evaluation.
(b) For surgery.
(c) For detox.
(d) For a bacterial infection.
3. Who is the only customer at the Vine when the narrator arrives in the beginning of Story 5?
4. According to the narrator in Story 2, how long has he been friends with his two friends?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 19 years.
(c) Over a year.
(d) 3 years.
5. What type of weapon is the narrator carrying on him in Story 2?
(a) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A hammer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Story 1, who runs a furniture store?
2. How is the narrator receiving money in Story 3?
3. Where is the family from that picks up the hitchhiking narrator in Story 1?
4. What is the narrator and his girlfriend's drug of choice in Story 5?
5. In Story 5, whose ex-girlfriend did the narrator end up marrying?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Story 5, the narrator makes reference to his mother. Explain this reference and to whom is he referring to.
2. What can the passive reaction of the trucker in Story 1 be seen as a metaphoric representation of?
3. Define the literary term of tone. What is the tone of Story 1?
4. Show how and when the narrator's violent side is exposed in Story 2.
5. While working with Wayne at the abandoned house, what is the narrator and Wayne distracted by? Who is this person?
6. Who encourages the narrator of Story 5 to work with him? What type of work do they perform? Explain.
7. Discuss the narrator's relationship with the three women in Story 5.
8. Discuss the drug abuse seen in Story 3.
9. How does the narrator and Dundun deal with the death of McInnes?
10. Describe the three people the narrator first introduces to the reader at the beginning of Story 1. How does the narrator interact with these three people?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)