Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of vehicle does the narrator of Story 2 drive?
(a) A Volkswagon.
(b) A Mustang.
(c) A Prius.
(d) A Jeep.
2. How does the narrator's "new companion" communicate in Story 2?
(a) By song.
(b) With pictures.
(c) By sign language.
(d) In pig-latin.
3. What is the narrator and his girlfriend's drug of choice in Story 5?
4. At the end of Story 1, what flutters close to the narrator's face?
(a) An ugly moth.
(b) A colorful butterfly.
(c) A noisy bee.
(d) A yellow bird.
5. What third location does the narrator's new companion want to go to in Story 2?
(a) A farmhouse.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The drug store.
(d) The bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack Hotel and the narrator buy with their money in Story 3?
2. What is Wayne referring to in Story 5 when he says, "It is my sacrifice"?
3. What crime was Jack Hotel being tried for in Story 3?
4. Where is the narrator at the beginning of Story 1?
5. What is the Salesman marital status?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can the passive reaction of the trucker in Story 1 be seen as a metaphoric representation of?
2. While working with Wayne at the abandoned house, what is the narrator and Wayne distracted by? Who is this person?
3. How is Georgie portrayed by the narrator in Story 6. How do the narrator and Georgie know each other?
4. Is Richard the one who the narrator briefly describes as being injured and arrested during a burglary attempt? Explain.
5. Discuss the mini-theme of the randomness of existence as seen in Story 1.
6. In Story 2, what three stops does the narrator's new companion have the narrator make? What occurs at each of the three stops?
7. Explain how the relationship between the Story 8 narrator and military wife at the bar reinforces the theme of the tension between desperation and compassion.
8. Discuss the significance of the two men at the hospital the narrator sees in Story 8.
9. Who is Thatcher? What type of relationship does Thatcher have with the narrator?
10. What is the connection between ''Beverly Home" to "Out on Bail"?
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)