|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Story 5, the narrator says, "Your husband will beat you with a(n) ________ and the bus will pull away leaving you standing there in tears, but you were my ________."
(a) Extension cord / mother.
(b) Belt / friend.
(c) Tire iron / wife.
(d) Baseball bat / sister.
2. Who is the narrator of Story 2 referring to when he says, "I'd better just go after him, instead of waiting"?
3. Who does Wayne stop to see after he and the narrator finish work?
(a) His son.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His father.
(d) His wife.
4. What does Dundun bring to McInnes in Story 4 to make him feel better?
(a) Bread and water.
(b) Water and marijuana.
(c) Beer and water.
(d) An asprin and juice.
5. What type of vehicle does the narrator of Story 2 drive?
(a) A Volkswagon.
(b) A Jeep.
(c) A Mustang.
(d) A Prius.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how old does the narrator guess the sleeping baby in the backseat of the family's vehicle to be in Story 1?
2. In Story 1, who runs a furniture store?
3. According to the narrator, he and the Salesman developed a dangerous cynical camaraderie beginning in ________.
4. Where does Wayne take the narrator in Story 5?
5. What virus does the narrator of Story 4 reveal McInnes has?
Short Essay Questions
1. Analyze the family who picks up the hitchhiking narrator in Story 1. What are some characteristics of this family?
2. Discuss comical irony which is found in Story 2.
3. Describe The Vine as seen in Story 3.
4. At the end of Story 5, the narrator makes reference to his mother. Explain this reference and to whom is he referring to.
5. Discuss the drug abuse seen in Story 3.
6. Who encourages the narrator of Story 5 to work with him? What type of work do they perform? Explain.
7. Describe the character of Dundun.
8. Where does the narrator of Story 3 receive money from?
9. What does the term "sacrifice" refer to when Wayne says, "It is my sacrifice" after the narrator offers to buy a round of beers at The Vine.
10. Define and discuss imagery which is found in Story 2.
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)