|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator reveals in Story 2 that one of his friends got hurt while they were burglarizing a ________.
(a) Department store.
(b) Gas station.
2. When asked by the semi-truck driver, "Is everybody dead?" How does the narrator respond?
(a) "Yes, everybody is dead."
(b) "How should I know."
(c) "No, not everbody."
(d) "I can't tell who is and who isn't."
3. Why is McInnes not at the hospital in the beginning of Story 4?
(a) Nobody has a car to take McInnes.
(b) Dundun refuses to let McInnes go.
(c) Jack Hotel crashed the car.
(d) McInnes doesn't want to go.
4. Where did the narrator first meet Dundun?
(a) In high school.
(b) At a bar.
(c) At Seattle General Mental Institution.
(d) At the Johnson County Jail.
5. Who is the narrator of Story 2 referring to when he says, "I'd better just go after him, instead of waiting"?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator states in Story 1 that by the sweet voices of the family inside the car, he knew ________.
2. What is Jack Hotels's real name?
3. What does Dundun bring to McInnes in Story 4 to make him feel better?
4. Where does the police officer take the hitchhiking narrator following the car accident?
5. Who does the narrator believe is coming to shoot his left leg off in Story 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the drug abuse seen in Story 3.
2. Describe The Vine as seen in Story 3.
3. Who encourages the narrator of Story 5 to work with him? What type of work do they perform? Explain.
4. Show how and when the narrator's violent side is exposed in Story 2.
5. In Story 2, what three stops does the narrator's new companion have the narrator make? What occurs at each of the three stops?
6. Discuss the narrator's relationship with the three women in Story 5.
7. What can the passive reaction of the trucker in Story 1 be seen as a metaphoric representation of?
8. Where does the narrator of Story 3 receive money from?
9. Describe Dundun's violence against Jack Hotel as described by the narrator in Story 4.
10. Describe the three people the narrator first introduces to the reader at the beginning of Story 1. How does the narrator interact with these three people?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)