|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the narrator first meet Dundun?
(a) At a bar.
(b) At the Johnson County Jail.
(c) In high school.
(d) At Seattle General Mental Institution.
2. According to the narrator, he and the Salesman developed a dangerous cynical camaraderie beginning in ________.
(d) New York.
3. The narrator states in Story 1 that by the sweet voices of the family inside the car, he knew ________.
(a) They would take good care of the narrator.
(b) That they had young children.
(c) They would have an accident.
(d) That they were friendly.
4. How old is the narrator's child in Story 2?
(a) 13 years old.
(b) 5 years old.
(c) 24 months.
(d) 6 months.
5. In Story 5, what does the narrator say his car did not need?
(a) Exhaust pipe.
(d) A key.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's two friends in Story 2?
2. Who asks the question in Story 1, "Are you hearing unusual sounds or voices?"
3. What type of weapon is the narrator carrying on him in Story 2?
4. What is the weather like throughout Story 1?
5. In Story 5, the narrator and his girlfriend have been staying at the ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What key point does the narrator make between the intimacy between men and women in Story 7?
2. Briefly describe the "second man" in Story 8.
3. What is Hardee's emergency seen in Story 6?
4. Discuss comical irony which is found in Story 2.
5. Who is the narrator searching for in Seattle in Story 9? What does he recall about this person?
6. Discuss the importance of Terrence's knife in Story 6.
7. Where is the climax of Jesus' Son found? Explain why this part is considered the climax.
8. Who is Richard and Tom? Discuss the friendship the narrator has with these two men.
9. What does the final lines in Story 7 reveal about the narrator's view of Michelle's abortion?
10. What is the significance of the book's title?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)