|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Story 3 opens with the narrator seeing ________ in an olive-green three-piece suit, with his blond hair combed back and his face shining and suffering.
(a) Jack Hotel.
2. What type of weapon is the narrator carrying on him in Story 2?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A hammer.
3. Who asks the question in Story 1, "Are you hearing unusual sounds or voices?"
(a) The doctor.
(b) The narrator.
(d) The Salesman.
4. Why is the narrator visiting Dundun in Story 4?
(a) To buy pharmaceutical opium.
(b) To spend time with him.
(c) To appologize to him.
(d) To buy marijuana.
5. What specific item is the narrator and Wayne after on the job?
(a) Redwood oak flooring.
(b) Copper wire.
(c) Brass piping.
(d) Crystal chandelier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alsatia?
2. How much did the narrator of Story 5 originally pay for his vehicle?
3. According to the narrator in Story 1, all of the following people had given the narrator drugs except for who?
4. Who does the narrator believe is coming to shoot his left leg off in Story 2?
5. What type of party is Jack Hotel throwing for himself at the bar in Story 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. The most telling image is the one quoted in Story 1 that of the narrator being showered with human blood. What does being "showered with human blood" represent?
2. Is Richard the one who the narrator briefly describes as being injured and arrested during a burglary attempt? Explain.
3. Who is Wayne? Describe his relationship with the narrator in Story 5.
4. Discuss the mini-theme of the randomness of existence as seen in Story 1.
5. Analyze the family who picks up the hitchhiking narrator in Story 1. What are some characteristics of this family?
6. Discuss the drug abuse seen in Story 3.
7. Who encourages the narrator of Story 5 to work with him? What type of work do they perform? Explain.
8. Describe the character of Dundun.
9. Discuss comical irony which is found in Story 2.
10. Where does the narrator of Story 3 receive money from?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)