|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator in Story 2, who sold him a gun?
2. What is the name of the narrator's two friends in Story 2?
(a) Sam and Carol.
(b) Tom and Richard.
(c) Donny and Matthew.
(d) Charles and Michael.
3. What type of job does Wayne tell the narrator they are going to perform in Story 5?
4. Who is Kid Williams?
(a) A former actor.
(b) A former singer.
(c) A former boxer.
(d) A former football player.
5. What type of party is Jack Hotel throwing for himself at the bar in Story 3?
(a) A welcome home party.
(b) A bachelor party.
(c) A birthday party.
(d) A going away party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who used to own the house that the narrator and Wayne are at?
2. In Story 5, whose ex-girlfriend did the narrator end up marrying?
3. According to the narrator in Story 1, all of the following people had given the narrator drugs except for who?
4. In Story 5, what offer does Wayne make to the narrator?
5. Where does Dundun live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe The Vine as seen in Story 3.
2. Who is McInnes? What has happened to him in Story 4?
3. Discuss comical irony which is found in Story 2.
4. How does the narrator and Dundun deal with the death of McInnes?
5. Discuss the narrator's relationship with the three women in Story 5.
6. Describe the character of Dundun.
7. Define the literary element of foreshadowing. How is this literary element used in Story 1?
8. Discuss the mini-theme of the randomness of existence as seen in Story 1.
9. While working with Wayne at the abandoned house, what is the narrator and Wayne distracted by? Who is this person?
10. Discuss the scene where the narrator and his friends meet their new companion in Story 2.
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)