|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Richard in Story 2, the people at the farmhouse use to be ________.
2. Who does Wayne stop to see after he and the narrator finish work?
(a) His father.
(b) His son.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His wife.
3. In Story 2, where does the narrator meet the "first man"?
(a) After a parade.
(b) After a football game.
(c) After a baseball game.
(d) After a dance.
4. Who is Tim Bishop?
(a) McInnes' brother.
(b) The owner of the farm house.
(c) The narrator's best friend.
(d) Blue's boyfriend.
5. When asked by the semi-truck driver, "Is everybody dead?" How does the narrator respond?
(a) "No, not everbody."
(b) "Yes, everybody is dead."
(c) "I can't tell who is and who isn't."
(d) "How should I know."
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the narrator receiving money in Story 3?
2. According to the narrator in Story 2, who sold him a gun?
3. Where does Dundun live?
4. At the end of Story 5, the narrator says, "Your husband will beat you with a(n) ________ and the bus will pull away leaving you standing there in tears, but you were my ________."
5. In Story 1, who runs a furniture store?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the scene where the narrator and his friends meet their new companion in Story 2.
2. Define and discuss imagery which is found in Story 2.
3. Analyze the family who picks up the hitchhiking narrator in Story 1. What are some characteristics of this family?
4. What can the passive reaction of the trucker in Story 1 be seen as a metaphoric representation of?
5. Is Richard the one who the narrator briefly describes as being injured and arrested during a burglary attempt? Explain.
6. Describe the character of Dundun.
7. Where does the narrator of Story 3 receive money from?
8. The most telling image is the one quoted in Story 1 that of the narrator being showered with human blood. What does being "showered with human blood" represent?
9. In Story 2, what three stops does the narrator's new companion have the narrator make? What occurs at each of the three stops?
10. Describe Dundun's violence against Jack Hotel as described by the narrator in Story 4.
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)