|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator of Story 10 referring to when he says to bill, "Pay me back when they give you yours"?
2. Who is the clerk in the Emergency Room in Story 6?
(a) Mickey O'Keefe.
(b) Edward Sweetbay.
(c) Hugh Newton.
(d) The narrator.
3. What is the name of the narrator's girlfriend in Story 7?
4. How many baby rabbits were there in Story 6?
5. Every time Bill thinks of his first bullet wound, what happens to him?
(a) He has a recurring dream.
(b) He faints.
(c) He cries.
(d) He screams.
6. According to the narrator in Story 8, ________ is Seattle's much favored sad jukebox song.
(a) Baby Come To Me.
(b) Misty Blue.
(c) 16 Candles.
(d) He Will Break Your Heart.
7. Who does the military woman from the tavern say she could introduce the narrator to her husband as?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her nephew.
8. In Story 8, the narrator tells the military woman from the tavern that he is locked out of his ________.
(c) Bank account.
(d) Friend's house.
9. Who is out in front of the abortion building in Story 7?
(a) A man in a gorilla costume.
(b) A guitarist.
(c) A mime.
10. In Story 8, what is the military woman at the tavern's marital status?
(a) Recently widowed.
(b) Recently divorce.
(d) Newly married.
11. When did the military woman at tavern get married?
(a) Never married.
(b) 7 years ago.
(c) 2 years ago.
(d) 4 days ago.
12. According to the narrator in Story 7, Michelle leaves him permanently for a man named ________.
(a) John Doe.
(b) John Brown.
(c) John Carrey.
(d) John Smith.
13. While hiking through the woods in Story 6, the narrator and Georgie stumble upon what they think is a(n) ________, but it is actually a(n) ________.
(a) Horse ranch / bull ranch.
(b) Indian graveyard / playground.
(c) Drive-in movie theater / pet cemetary.
(d) Military graveyard / drive-in movie theater.
14. Who is pregnant in the beginning of Story 7?
(a) Georgie's fiance.
(b) Wayne's wife.
(c) The narrator's girlfriend.
(d) Richard's daughter.
15. What does Georgie believe to be all over the Operating Room floor in Story 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city do Michelle and John run off to?
2. What is the name of the narrator's roommate in Story 10 that he shaves?
3. In Story 7, what do the picketers outside the abortion clinic throw at the narrator when he leaves the building?
4. Around 3:30am, a guy with a _______ in his ________ comes into the hospital in Story 6.
5. What drug does the narrator of Story 6 say is a very famous guru of the love generation?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)