|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the narrator in Story 10?
(a) At the mall.
(b) In a motel.
(c) At a barbershop.
(d) In a mental institution.
2. In Story 8, the narrator tells the military woman from the tavern that he is locked out of his ________.
(a) Friend's house.
(c) Bank account.
3. Why does the narrator of Story 8 not take the military woman from the tavern to a motel?
(a) He doesn't want to leave the tavern.
(b) He can't afford it.
(c) He doesn't want to have relations with her.
(d) His friend is waiting for him.
4. How long has the narrator been working at the hospital in Story 6?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 16 weeks.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 6 months.
5. Every time Bill thinks of his first bullet wound, what happens to him?
(a) He faints.
(b) He cries.
(c) He has a recurring dream.
(d) He screams.
6. Around 3:30am, a guy with a _______ in his ________ comes into the hospital in Story 6.
(a) Knife / eye.
(b) Tree branch / abdomen.
(c) Fork / leg.
(d) Saw / arm.
7. According to the narrator in Story 7, Michelle leaves him permanently for a man named ________.
(a) John Smith.
(b) John Doe.
(c) John Brown.
(d) John Carrey.
8. What happens to the baby rabbits at the end of Story 6?
(a) A bird snatches them.
(b) The narrator squishes them.
(c) Georgie runs them over.
(d) They hop away.
9. What drug does the narrator of Story 6 say is a very famous guru of the love generation?
10. What is the name of the wounded man in the Emergency Room in Story 6?
(a) Patrick Donovan.
(b) Terrence Weber.
(c) Roderick Delberry.
(d) Dale Mabry.
11. Who extracts the knife from Terrence?
(b) The narrator.
(c) The clerk.
12. What is Georgie referring to when he says, "We killed the mother and saved the children"?
(a) The rabbit.
(b) The duck.
(c) The squirrel.
(d) The dog.
13. According to the narrator of Story 9, Happy Hour is also referred to as ________.
(a) After Hour.
(b) Rush Hour.
(c) Darkest Hour.
(d) Power Hour.
14. What is Happy Hour as it is referred to in Story 9?
(a) Buy 1, get 2 free alcoholic beverages.
(b) Buy 1, get 3 free side dishes.
(c) Buy 1, get 1 free appetizers.
(d) Buy 2, get 1 free desserts.
15. Why does the narrator go to the Savoy Hotel in Story 7?
(a) To book a room.
(b) To look for Michelle.
(c) To buy drugs.
(d) To hide from Michelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator in Story 8 has all of the following family members except for which?
2. When did the military woman at tavern get married?
3. What part of the hospital is the narrator working at in Story 6?
4. What type of accent does the "second man" have in Story 8?
5. The "second man" in Story 8 tells the narrator that he lied and that he is actually from ________.
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)