|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the clerk in the Emergency Room in Story 6?
(a) The narrator.
(b) Mickey O'Keefe.
(c) Edward Sweetbay.
(d) Hugh Newton.
2. Who extracts the knife from Terrence?
(b) The clerk.
(d) The narrator.
3. How long does Happy Hour last in Story 9?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 4 hours.
4. Who is Angelique?
(a) The bartender.
(b) The narrator's wife.
(c) Wayne's wife.
(d) The 17 year old belly dancer.
5. Why does the narrator of Story 8 not take the military woman from the tavern to a motel?
(a) He doesn't want to leave the tavern.
(b) His friend is waiting for him.
(c) He can't afford it.
(d) He doesn't want to have relations with her.
6. According to the narrator in Story 8, where does the narrator meet the "second man"?
(a) Mississippi River.
(b) Puget Sound.
(c) Lake Okeechobee.
(d) Stony Creek.
7. Where is the narrator in Story 10?
(a) In a mental institution.
(b) In a motel.
(c) At a barbershop.
(d) At the mall.
8. What is the name of the tavern across from the hospital that the narrator goes to in Story 8?
9. The narrator defines Michelle in Story 7 as all of the following except for which?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A traitor.
10. The narrator of Story 7 recalls that John Smith had once tried to sell him a ________ .
11. In the Story 7 narrator's flashback, how many shots did Michelle fire at him?
12. Who is the orderly at the hospital is a friend of the narrator in Story 6?
13. In what branch of the military is the woman the narrator dances with at the tavern in Story 8?
(b) Air Force.
14. The narrator reveals in Story 7 that the driver of the train is ________.
(d) Blind and deaf.
15. What is the name of the narrator's roommate in Story 10 that he shaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator of Story 9, Happy Hour is also referred to as ________.
2. What drug does the narrator of Story 6 say is a very famous guru of the love generation?
3. When did the military woman at tavern get married?
4. In Story 9, what city is the narrator in?
5. What is the name of the narrator's girlfriend in Story 7?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)