|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator of Story 6, where he is now, how many weeks of winter occur in September?
2. Who is Angelique?
(a) Wayne's wife.
(b) The bartender.
(c) The narrator's wife.
(d) The 17 year old belly dancer.
3. How long has the narrator been working at the hospital in Story 6?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 16 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
4. The narrator reveals in Story 7 that the driver of the train is ________.
(a) Blind and deaf.
5. What is the name of the wounded man in the Emergency Room in Story 6?
(a) Patrick Donovan.
(b) Terrence Weber.
(c) Roderick Delberry.
(d) Dale Mabry.
6. When did the military woman at tavern get married?
(a) 7 years ago.
(b) Never married.
(c) 2 years ago.
(d) 4 days ago.
7. The narrator defines Michelle in Story 7 as all of the following except for which?
(c) A murderer.
(d) A traitor.
8. For what reason does the narrator say Michelle fired the gun at him?
(a) She wanted to scare him.
(b) She wanted to kill him.
(c) She wanted his drugs.
(d) She wanted to eat his heart.
9. The narrator in Story 8 has all of the following family members except for which?
(a) A sister.
(b) A brother.
(c) A brother.
(d) A mother.
10. What embarrassing moment does the narrator of Story 9 remember happening to him at the library?
(a) He fell down the stairs.
(b) He had toilet paper stuck to his shoe.
(c) His pant zipper was down.
(d) He was asked to leave the library for being too loud.
11. Who is out in front of the abortion building in Story 7?
(a) A mime.
(b) A man in a gorilla costume.
(d) A guitarist.
12. Story 9 opens with the narrator saying he was after a ________ who was always in the company of a boy.
(a) 17 year old belly dancer.
(b) 15 year old ballerina.
(c) 14 year old cowgirl.
(d) 16 year old cheerleader.
13. What is the narrator of Story 10 referring to when he says to bill, "Pay me back when they give you yours"?
14. In the Story 7 narrator's flashback, how many shots did Michelle fire at him?
15. What happens to the baby rabbits at the end of Story 6?
(a) The narrator squishes them.
(b) They hop away.
(c) Georgie runs them over.
(d) A bird snatches them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Story 7, what do the picketers outside the abortion clinic throw at the narrator when he leaves the building?
2. In what year does Story 6 take place?
3. According to the narrator in Story 10, the nurses at the hospital are pumping ________ by the quart.
4. What type of accent does the "second man" have in Story 8?
5. Around 3:30am, a guy with a _______ in his ________ comes into the hospital in Story 6.
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)