|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's girlfriend in Story 7?
2. The narrator defines Michelle in Story 7 as all of the following except for which?
(b) A traitor.
(d) A murderer.
3. What type of vehicle does the "second man" in Story 8 drive?
(a) An RV.
(b) A motorscooter.
(c) A van.
(d) A pickup truck.
4. According to the narrator in Story 8, ________ is Seattle's much favored sad jukebox song.
(a) Baby Come To Me.
(b) 16 Candles.
(c) He Will Break Your Heart.
(d) Misty Blue.
5. Around 3:30am, a guy with a _______ in his ________ comes into the hospital in Story 6.
(a) Knife / eye.
(b) Fork / leg.
(c) Tree branch / abdomen.
(d) Saw / arm.
6. What is Happy Hour as it is referred to in Story 9?
(a) Buy 1, get 2 free alcoholic beverages.
(b) Buy 1, get 3 free side dishes.
(c) Buy 1, get 1 free appetizers.
(d) Buy 2, get 1 free desserts.
7. The narrator follows the man from the train into a ________ in Story 7.
(a) Hardware store.
(d) Grocery store.
8. How many baby rabbits were there in Story 6?
9. How long has the narrator been working at the hospital in Story 6?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 16 weeks.
10. According to the narrator of Story 9, Happy Hour is also referred to as ________.
(a) After Hour.
(b) Power Hour.
(c) Darkest Hour.
(d) Rush Hour.
11. According to the narrator of Story 6, where he is now, how many weeks of winter occur in September?
12. Who does the wounded man in the Emergency Room in Story 6 accuse of injuring him?
(a) His friend.
(b) His wife.
(c) His dog.
13. Who extracts the knife from Terrence?
(b) The clerk.
(d) The narrator.
14. Who is the clerk in the Emergency Room in Story 6?
(a) Mickey O'Keefe.
(b) Edward Sweetbay.
(c) Hugh Newton.
(d) The narrator.
15. While hiking through the woods in Story 6, the narrator and Georgie stumble upon what they think is a(n) ________, but it is actually a(n) ________.
(a) Horse ranch / bull ranch.
(b) Indian graveyard / playground.
(c) Military graveyard / drive-in movie theater.
(d) Drive-in movie theater / pet cemetary.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Story 6 take place?
2. Who is pregnant in the beginning of Story 7?
3. What happens to the baby rabbits at the end of Story 6?
4. When Bill looks back at his life, he says he sees _______.
5. What is the "second man's" real name?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)