|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Story 7 narrator's flashback, how many shots did Michelle fire at him?
2. Why does the narrator go to the Savoy Hotel in Story 7?
(a) To book a room.
(b) To hide from Michelle.
(c) To look for Michelle.
(d) To buy drugs.
3. How does Michelle die in Story 7?
(a) She is murdered.
(b) She overdoses on pills.
(c) She is in a car accident.
(d) She hangs herself.
4. What is Happy Hour as it is referred to in Story 9?
(a) Buy 1, get 1 free appetizers.
(b) Buy 1, get 3 free side dishes.
(c) Buy 2, get 1 free desserts.
(d) Buy 1, get 2 free alcoholic beverages.
5. What embarrassing moment does the narrator of Story 9 remember happening to him at the library?
(a) His pant zipper was down.
(b) He fell down the stairs.
(c) He was asked to leave the library for being too loud.
(d) He had toilet paper stuck to his shoe.
6. Who does the military woman from the tavern say she could introduce the narrator to her husband as?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her nephew.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her son.
7. According to the narrator in Story 10, the nurses at the hospital are pumping ________ by the quart.
8. Who says in Story 8, "In Warsaw, my city, we drive in the park after twelve in the night, but the rules are saying no, you must not go to the park after this time, 12pm middle-night"?
(b) The narrator.
(c) The second man.
9. What type of accent does the "second man" have in Story 8?
(b) West Midlands.
(c) Eastern European.
10. Who is pregnant in the beginning of Story 7?
(a) The narrator's girlfriend.
(b) Richard's daughter.
(c) Georgie's fiance.
(d) Wayne's wife.
11. The narrator in Story 8 has all of the following family members except for which?
(a) A brother.
(b) A brother.
(c) A mother.
(d) A sister.
12. What is the name of the narrator's girlfriend in Story 7?
13. How long has the narrator been working at the hospital in Story 6?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 16 weeks.
14. What is the movie about that the Story 7 narrator watches at the abortion clinic?
15. What happens to the baby rabbits at the end of Story 6?
(a) Georgie runs them over.
(b) A bird snatches them.
(c) They hop away.
(d) The narrator squishes them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of vehicle does the "second man" in Story 8 drive?
2. In what year does Story 6 take place?
3. In Story 7, the narrator recalls that on his ________ birthday, Michelle tried to ________ the narrator.
4. Who is the orderly at the hospital is a friend of the narrator in Story 6?
5. What is the name of the wounded man in the Emergency Room in Story 6?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)