|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator of Story 8 not take the military woman from the tavern to a motel?
(a) He doesn't want to leave the tavern.
(b) His friend is waiting for him.
(c) He doesn't want to have relations with her.
(d) He can't afford it.
2. What is Georgie referring to when he says, "We killed the mother and saved the children"?
(a) The squirrel.
(b) The rabbit.
(c) The dog.
(d) The duck.
3. What is the name of the wounded man in the Emergency Room in Story 6?
(a) Terrence Weber.
(b) Patrick Donovan.
(c) Dale Mabry.
(d) Roderick Delberry.
4. In Story 7, the narrator follows a man off the train and into a ________ neighborhood.
5. What does Georgie believe to be all over the Operating Room floor in Story 6?
6. How much money does Nez Perce say the narrator owes him in Story 9?
7. In Story 9, what city is the narrator in?
(b) Granite Falls.
8. In the Story 7 narrator's flashback, how many shots did Michelle fire at him?
9. The first time Bill was shot, the bullet went in his ________.
10. What happens to the baby rabbits at the end of Story 6?
(a) Georgie runs them over.
(b) They hop away.
(c) A bird snatches them.
(d) The narrator squishes them.
11. In what branch of the military is the woman the narrator dances with at the tavern in Story 8?
(c) Air Force.
12. What is the "second man's" real name?
(d) His name is unknown.
13. What two people is the narrator calling for in the streets in Story 8?
(a) Maury and Carol.
(b) Brent and Stacy.
(c) Adam and Shasha.
(d) Lauren and Kevin.
14. For what reason does the narrator say Michelle fired the gun at him?
(a) She wanted his drugs.
(b) She wanted to scare him.
(c) She wanted to eat his heart.
(d) She wanted to kill him.
15. The narrator in Story 8 has all of the following family members except for which?
(a) A sister.
(b) A brother.
(c) A brother.
(d) A mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What motel is the narrator and Michelle staying at in Story 7?
2. Who does the military woman from the tavern say she could introduce the narrator to her husband as?
3. What is the name of the narrator's roommate in Story 10 that he shaves?
4. While hiking through the woods in Story 6, the narrator and Georgie stumble upon what they think is a(n) ________, but it is actually a(n) ________.
5. Where is the narrator in Story 10?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)