|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Story 7, what do the picketers outside the abortion clinic throw at the narrator when he leaves the building?
(d) Holy water.
2. Who says in Story 8, "In Warsaw, my city, we drive in the park after twelve in the night, but the rules are saying no, you must not go to the park after this time, 12pm middle-night"?
(a) The narrator.
(d) The second man.
3. How long has the narrator been working at the hospital in Story 6?
(a) 16 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 6 months.
4. What drug does the narrator of Story 6 say is a very famous guru of the love generation?
5. The narrator reveals in Story 7 that the driver of the train is ________.
(b) Blind and deaf.
6. Why does the narrator of Story 8 not take the military woman from the tavern to a motel?
(a) His friend is waiting for him.
(b) He doesn't want to have relations with her.
(c) He can't afford it.
(d) He doesn't want to leave the tavern.
7. What type of accent does the "second man" have in Story 8?
(b) West Midlands.
(c) Eastern European.
8. Who is out in front of the abortion building in Story 7?
(a) A mime.
(b) A guitarist.
(c) A man in a gorilla costume.
9. While hiking through the woods in Story 6, the narrator and Georgie stumble upon what they think is a(n) ________, but it is actually a(n) ________.
(a) Horse ranch / bull ranch.
(b) Indian graveyard / playground.
(c) Drive-in movie theater / pet cemetary.
(d) Military graveyard / drive-in movie theater.
10. Who is pregnant in the beginning of Story 7?
(a) Wayne's wife.
(b) Richard's daughter.
(c) Georgie's fiance.
(d) The narrator's girlfriend.
11. In the Story 7 narrator's flashback, how many shots did Michelle fire at him?
12. To what city do Michelle and John run off to?
(b) Kansas City.
13. The narrator of Story 7 recalls that John Smith had once tried to sell him a ________ .
14. What is the name of the narrator's roommate in Story 10 that he shaves?
15. The narrator defines Michelle in Story 7 as all of the following except for which?
(a) A traitor.
(b) A murderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Story 9 opens with the narrator saying he was after a ________ who was always in the company of a boy.
2. For what reason does the narrator say Michelle fired the gun at him?
3. According to the narrator in Story 8, where does the narrator meet the "second man"?
4. What is Georgie referring to when he says, "We killed the mother and saved the children"?
5. Who is Angelique?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)