|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says in Story 8, "In Warsaw, my city, we drive in the park after twelve in the night, but the rules are saying no, you must not go to the park after this time, 12pm middle-night"?
(a) The narrator.
(b) The second man.
2. While hiking through the woods in Story 6, the narrator and Georgie stumble upon what they think is a(n) ________, but it is actually a(n) ________.
(a) Indian graveyard / playground.
(b) Drive-in movie theater / pet cemetary.
(c) Military graveyard / drive-in movie theater.
(d) Horse ranch / bull ranch.
3. Who is out in front of the abortion building in Story 7?
(a) A man in a gorilla costume.
(b) A mime.
(d) A guitarist.
4. In Story 8, what is the military woman at the tavern's marital status?
(a) Recently divorce.
(c) Recently widowed.
(d) Newly married.
5. In Story 7, what do the picketers outside the abortion clinic throw at the narrator when he leaves the building?
(c) Holy water.
6. In what year does Story 6 take place?
7. The narrator of Story 7 recalls that John Smith had once tried to sell him a ________ .
8. The narrator indicates that the two men he sees at the hospital in Story 8 were brought together by common ________.
9. From whom did Bill receive two of his bullet wounds from?
(a) A mugger.
(b) His two ex-wives.
(c) His son.
(d) The narrator.
10. What is Georgie referring to when he says, "We killed the mother and saved the children"?
(a) The rabbit.
(b) The dog.
(c) The duck.
(d) The squirrel.
11. What type of vehicle does the "second man" in Story 8 drive?
(a) A van.
(b) An RV.
(c) A motorscooter.
(d) A pickup truck.
12. For what reason does the narrator say Michelle fired the gun at him?
(a) She wanted his drugs.
(b) She wanted to scare him.
(c) She wanted to kill him.
(d) She wanted to eat his heart.
13. What does Georgie believe to be all over the Operating Room floor in Story 6?
14. What is the "second man's" real name?
(c) His name is unknown.
15. What motel is the narrator and Michelle staying at in Story 7?
(a) Motel 6.
(b) Rebel Motel.
(c) Red Roof Inn.
(d) Economy Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of accent does the "second man" have in Story 8?
2. What animal does Georgie run over in Story 6?
3. How much money does Nez Perce say the narrator owes him in Story 9?
4. What is Happy Hour as it is referred to in Story 9?
5. Who is the clerk in the Emergency Room in Story 6?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)