|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's roommate in Story 10 that he shaves?
2. In Story 9, what city is the narrator in?
(a) Granite Falls.
3. According to the narrator of Story 6, where he is now, how many weeks of winter occur in September?
4. What embarrassing moment does the narrator of Story 9 remember happening to him at the library?
(a) He was asked to leave the library for being too loud.
(b) He had toilet paper stuck to his shoe.
(c) His pant zipper was down.
(d) He fell down the stairs.
5. In Story 7, the narrator recalls that on his ________ birthday, Michelle tried to ________ the narrator.
(a) 18th / stab.
(b) 24th / shoot.
(c) 30th / marry.
(d) 21st / leave.
6. Story 9 opens with the narrator saying he was after a ________ who was always in the company of a boy.
(a) 14 year old cowgirl.
(b) 16 year old cheerleader.
(c) 15 year old ballerina.
(d) 17 year old belly dancer.
7. What is the name of the narrator's girlfriend in Story 7?
8. In Story 7, what do the picketers outside the abortion clinic throw at the narrator when he leaves the building?
(b) Holy water.
9. When Bill looks back at his life, he says he sees _______.
(a) A pretty rainbow.
(b) Flowery meadows.
(c) A dark hole.
(d) Wrecked cars.
10. Who extracts the knife from Terrence?
(b) The clerk.
(c) The narrator.
11. From whom did Bill receive two of his bullet wounds from?
(a) The narrator.
(b) A mugger.
(c) His two ex-wives.
(d) His son.
12. What part of the hospital is the narrator working at in Story 6?
(a) The Emergency Room.
(b) The cardiac arrest room.
(c) The morgue.
(d) Labor and delivery room.
13. How much money does Nez Perce say the narrator owes him in Story 9?
14. According to the narrator of Story 9, Happy Hour is also referred to as ________.
(a) Power Hour.
(b) Rush Hour.
(c) After Hour.
(d) Darkest Hour.
15. In Story 7, the narrator follows a man off the train and into a ________ neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug does the narrator of Story 6 say is a very famous guru of the love generation?
2. Where does Georgie tell the narrator he wants to go in Story 6?
3. What is the "second man's" real name?
4. How many baby rabbits were there in Story 6?
5. What is Happy Hour as it is referred to in Story 9?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)