|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator follows the man from the train into a ________ in Story 7.
(a) Hardware store.
(d) Grocery store.
2. Why does the narrator of Story 8 not take the military woman from the tavern to a motel?
(a) He can't afford it.
(b) He doesn't want to have relations with her.
(c) His friend is waiting for him.
(d) He doesn't want to leave the tavern.
3. Who is pregnant in the beginning of Story 7?
(a) Georgie's fiance.
(b) The narrator's girlfriend.
(c) Richard's daughter.
(d) Wayne's wife.
4. What is Happy Hour as it is referred to in Story 9?
(a) Buy 1, get 1 free appetizers.
(b) Buy 2, get 1 free desserts.
(c) Buy 1, get 3 free side dishes.
(d) Buy 1, get 2 free alcoholic beverages.
5. What motel is the narrator and Michelle staying at in Story 7?
(a) Rebel Motel.
(b) Red Roof Inn.
(c) Motel 6.
(d) Economy Inn.
6. What part of the hospital is the narrator working at in Story 6?
(a) Labor and delivery room.
(b) The cardiac arrest room.
(c) The Emergency Room.
(d) The morgue.
7. What is the name of the wounded man in the Emergency Room in Story 6?
(a) Dale Mabry.
(b) Roderick Delberry.
(c) Terrence Weber.
(d) Patrick Donovan.
8. According to the narrator of Story 9, Happy Hour is also referred to as ________.
(a) Rush Hour.
(b) Power Hour.
(c) Darkest Hour.
(d) After Hour.
9. The first time Bill was shot, the bullet went in his ________.
10. What is the movie about that the Story 7 narrator watches at the abortion clinic?
11. In what year does Story 6 take place?
12. In Story 7, the narrator follows a man off the train and into a ________ neighborhood.
13. Who is the clerk in the Emergency Room in Story 6?
(a) Hugh Newton.
(b) The narrator.
(c) Edward Sweetbay.
(d) Mickey O'Keefe.
14. What is Georgie referring to when he says, "We killed the mother and saved the children"?
(a) The duck.
(b) The squirrel.
(c) The rabbit.
(d) The dog.
15. While hiking through the woods in Story 6, the narrator and Georgie stumble upon what they think is a(n) ________, but it is actually a(n) ________.
(a) Military graveyard / drive-in movie theater.
(b) Drive-in movie theater / pet cemetary.
(c) Horse ranch / bull ranch.
(d) Indian graveyard / playground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two people is the narrator calling for in the streets in Story 8?
2. The narrator in Story 8 has all of the following family members except for which?
3. Why does the narrator go to the Savoy Hotel in Story 7?
4. How much money does Nez Perce say the narrator owes him in Story 9?
5. In Story 9, what city is the narrator in?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)