|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has the narrator been working at the hospital in Story 6?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 16 weeks.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 6 months.
2. Who extracts the knife from Terrence?
(b) The narrator.
(c) The clerk.
3. Where is the narrator in Story 10?
(a) At the mall.
(b) At a barbershop.
(c) In a mental institution.
(d) In a motel.
4. According to the narrator of Story 6, where he is now, how many weeks of winter occur in September?
5. What type of blemish does Bill have on his face?
(b) Bullet hole.
6. How does Michelle die in Story 7?
(a) She hangs herself.
(b) She overdoses on pills.
(c) She is in a car accident.
(d) She is murdered.
7. Every time Bill thinks of his first bullet wound, what happens to him?
(a) He cries.
(b) He faints.
(c) He has a recurring dream.
(d) He screams.
8. What two people is the narrator calling for in the streets in Story 8?
(a) Adam and Shasha.
(b) Brent and Stacy.
(c) Lauren and Kevin.
(d) Maury and Carol.
9. Who is Angelique?
(a) The narrator's wife.
(b) The bartender.
(c) The 17 year old belly dancer.
(d) Wayne's wife.
10. The "second man" in Story 8 tells the narrator that he lied and that he is actually from ________.
(a) Corpus Christie.
11. The narrator defines Michelle in Story 7 as all of the following except for which?
(b) A traitor.
(d) A murderer.
12. When did the military woman at tavern get married?
(a) 4 days ago.
(b) 7 years ago.
(c) Never married.
(d) 2 years ago.
13. What is Georgie referring to when he says, "We killed the mother and saved the children"?
(a) The duck.
(b) The dog.
(c) The squirrel.
(d) The rabbit.
14. What part of the hospital is the narrator working at in Story 6?
(a) The cardiac arrest room.
(b) The Emergency Room.
(c) Labor and delivery room.
(d) The morgue.
15. Where does the narrator say the "second man" from Story 8 is from?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator of Story 9, Happy Hour is also referred to as ________.
2. Who is out in front of the abortion building in Story 7?
3. Who does the wounded man in the Emergency Room in Story 6 accuse of injuring him?
4. Why does the narrator of Story 8 not take the military woman from the tavern to a motel?
5. In the Story 7 narrator's flashback, how many shots did Michelle fire at him?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)