|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the tavern across from the hospital that the narrator goes to in Story 8?
2. Why does the narrator of Story 8 not take the military woman from the tavern to a motel?
(a) He doesn't want to leave the tavern.
(b) He can't afford it.
(c) His friend is waiting for him.
(d) He doesn't want to have relations with her.
3. What type of blemish does Bill have on his face?
(d) Bullet hole.
4. What is Happy Hour as it is referred to in Story 9?
(a) Buy 1, get 1 free appetizers.
(b) Buy 2, get 1 free desserts.
(c) Buy 1, get 2 free alcoholic beverages.
(d) Buy 1, get 3 free side dishes.
5. How many baby rabbits were there in Story 6?
6. In the Story 7 narrator's flashback, how many shots did Michelle fire at him?
7. What is Georgie referring to when he says, "We killed the mother and saved the children"?
(a) The dog.
(b) The squirrel.
(c) The rabbit.
(d) The duck.
8. In what branch of the military is the woman the narrator dances with at the tavern in Story 8?
(d) Air Force.
9. The narrator defines Michelle in Story 7 as all of the following except for which?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A traitor.
10. To what city do Michelle and John run off to?
(b) Kansas City.
11. From whom did Bill receive two of his bullet wounds from?
(a) A mugger.
(b) The narrator.
(c) His two ex-wives.
(d) His son.
12. What is the narrator of Story 10 referring to when he says to bill, "Pay me back when they give you yours"?
13. According to the narrator in Story 8, where does the narrator meet the "second man"?
(a) Mississippi River.
(b) Stony Creek.
(c) Puget Sound.
(d) Lake Okeechobee.
14. Who is Angelique?
(a) Wayne's wife.
(b) The bartender.
(c) The narrator's wife.
(d) The 17 year old belly dancer.
15. In Story 8, what is the military woman at the tavern's marital status?
(b) Recently widowed.
(c) Newly married.
(d) Recently divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the orderly at the hospital is a friend of the narrator in Story 6?
2. Story 9 opens with the narrator saying he was after a ________ who was always in the company of a boy.
3. What is the movie about that the Story 7 narrator watches at the abortion clinic?
4. Who is out in front of the abortion building in Story 7?
5. How long does Happy Hour last in Story 9?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)