|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "second man's" real name?
(d) His name is unknown.
2. The "second man" in Story 8 tells the narrator that he lied and that he is actually from ________.
(c) Corpus Christie.
3. In Story 7, the narrator follows a man off the train and into a ________ neighborhood.
4. In what branch of the military is the woman the narrator dances with at the tavern in Story 8?
(c) Air Force.
5. In Story 7, the narrator recalls that on his ________ birthday, Michelle tried to ________ the narrator.
(a) 30th / marry.
(b) 18th / stab.
(c) 24th / shoot.
(d) 21st / leave.
6. What is the name of the narrator's roommate in Story 10 that he shaves?
7. Who is the clerk in the Emergency Room in Story 6?
(a) Hugh Newton.
(b) Edward Sweetbay.
(c) The narrator.
(d) Mickey O'Keefe.
8. Story 9 opens with the narrator saying he was after a ________ who was always in the company of a boy.
(a) 17 year old belly dancer.
(b) 15 year old ballerina.
(c) 14 year old cowgirl.
(d) 16 year old cheerleader.
9. Who is the orderly at the hospital is a friend of the narrator in Story 6?
10. The narrator indicates that the two men he sees at the hospital in Story 8 were brought together by common ________.
11. What embarrassing moment does the narrator of Story 9 remember happening to him at the library?
(a) He had toilet paper stuck to his shoe.
(b) His pant zipper was down.
(c) He was asked to leave the library for being too loud.
(d) He fell down the stairs.
12. Why does the narrator go to the Savoy Hotel in Story 7?
(a) To book a room.
(b) To hide from Michelle.
(c) To buy drugs.
(d) To look for Michelle.
13. How long does Happy Hour last in Story 9?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
14. While hiking through the woods in Story 6, the narrator and Georgie stumble upon what they think is a(n) ________, but it is actually a(n) ________.
(a) Military graveyard / drive-in movie theater.
(b) Drive-in movie theater / pet cemetary.
(c) Horse ranch / bull ranch.
(d) Indian graveyard / playground.
15. Who is Angelique?
(a) The narrator's wife.
(b) Wayne's wife.
(c) The bartender.
(d) The 17 year old belly dancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator in Story 8, ________ is Seattle's much favored sad jukebox song.
2. What type of blemish does Bill have on his face?
3. According to the narrator in Story 10, the nurses at the hospital are pumping ________ by the quart.
4. How long has the narrator been working at the hospital in Story 6?
5. What type of accent does the "second man" have in Story 8?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)