|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the movie about that the Story 7 narrator watches at the abortion clinic?
2. According to the narrator in Story 10, the nurses at the hospital are pumping ________ by the quart.
3. Who does the wounded man in the Emergency Room in Story 6 accuse of injuring him?
(b) His dog.
(c) His friend.
(d) His wife.
4. In Story 9, what city is the narrator in?
(a) Granite Falls.
5. What is Pig Alley?
(a) A farm.
(b) A bar.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A night club.
6. To what city do Michelle and John run off to?
(b) Kansas City.
7. In Story 7, the narrator recalls that on his ________ birthday, Michelle tried to ________ the narrator.
(a) 24th / shoot.
(b) 18th / stab.
(c) 30th / marry.
(d) 21st / leave.
8. According to the narrator of Story 6, where he is now, how many weeks of winter occur in September?
9. When did the military woman at tavern get married?
(a) 2 years ago.
(b) Never married.
(c) 7 years ago.
(d) 4 days ago.
10. Who is Angelique?
(a) Wayne's wife.
(b) The narrator's wife.
(c) The bartender.
(d) The 17 year old belly dancer.
11. Who is pregnant in the beginning of Story 7?
(a) The narrator's girlfriend.
(b) Richard's daughter.
(c) Georgie's fiance.
(d) Wayne's wife.
12. What two people is the narrator calling for in the streets in Story 8?
(a) Lauren and Kevin.
(b) Adam and Shasha.
(c) Brent and Stacy.
(d) Maury and Carol.
13. Around 3:30am, a guy with a _______ in his ________ comes into the hospital in Story 6.
(a) Knife / eye.
(b) Saw / arm.
(c) Tree branch / abdomen.
(d) Fork / leg.
14. What type of accent does the "second man" have in Story 8?
(a) Eastern European.
(c) West Midlands.
15. For what reason does the narrator say Michelle fired the gun at him?
(a) She wanted to kill him.
(b) She wanted to scare him.
(c) She wanted to eat his heart.
(d) She wanted his drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator of Story 8 not take the military woman from the tavern to a motel?
2. When Bill looks back at his life, he says he sees _______.
3. In Story 8, the narrator tells the military woman from the tavern that he is locked out of his ________.
4. In what year does Story 6 take place?
5. Who is the orderly at the hospital is a friend of the narrator in Story 6?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)