|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Story 7, what do the picketers outside the abortion clinic throw at the narrator when he leaves the building?
(d) Holy water.
2. What is the movie about that the Story 7 narrator watches at the abortion clinic?
3. What embarrassing moment does the narrator of Story 9 remember happening to him at the library?
(a) His pant zipper was down.
(b) He had toilet paper stuck to his shoe.
(c) He was asked to leave the library for being too loud.
(d) He fell down the stairs.
4. Who is Angelique?
(a) The bartender.
(b) The 17 year old belly dancer.
(c) Wayne's wife.
(d) The narrator's wife.
5. In Story 9, what city is the narrator in?
(c) Granite Falls.
6. Every time Bill thinks of his first bullet wound, what happens to him?
(a) He cries.
(b) He faints.
(c) He has a recurring dream.
(d) He screams.
7. Who does the wounded man in the Emergency Room in Story 6 accuse of injuring him?
(a) His dog.
(b) His friend.
(c) His wife.
8. What type of accent does the "second man" have in Story 8?
(a) Eastern European.
(c) West Midlands.
9. What is Pig Alley?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A farm.
(c) A night club.
(d) A bar.
10. What happens to the baby rabbits at the end of Story 6?
(a) They hop away.
(b) Georgie runs them over.
(c) The narrator squishes them.
(d) A bird snatches them.
11. According to the narrator in Story 10, the nurses at the hospital are pumping ________ by the quart.
12. Who is pregnant in the beginning of Story 7?
(a) The narrator's girlfriend.
(b) Wayne's wife.
(c) Richard's daughter.
(d) Georgie's fiance.
13. How does Michelle die in Story 7?
(a) She is in a car accident.
(b) She overdoses on pills.
(c) She hangs herself.
(d) She is murdered.
14. In Story 8, what is the military woman at the tavern's marital status?
(a) Recently widowed.
(b) Recently divorce.
(d) Newly married.
15. When did the military woman at tavern get married?
(a) 7 years ago.
(b) 4 days ago.
(c) 2 years ago.
(d) Never married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Georgie run over in Story 6?
2. Who is out in front of the abortion building in Story 7?
3. How many baby rabbits were there in Story 6?
4. According to the narrator in Story 7, Michelle leaves him permanently for a man named ________.
5. Why does the narrator of Story 8 not take the military woman from the tavern to a motel?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)