|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pig Alley?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A farm.
(c) A night club.
(d) A bar.
2. Where is the narrator in Story 10?
(a) At the mall.
(b) In a motel.
(c) At a barbershop.
(d) In a mental institution.
3. What type of accent does the "second man" have in Story 8?
(a) West Midlands.
(b) Eastern European.
4. How long has the narrator been working at the hospital in Story 6?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 16 weeks.
(d) 6 months.
5. Every time Bill thinks of his first bullet wound, what happens to him?
(a) He faints.
(b) He cries.
(c) He screams.
(d) He has a recurring dream.
6. What is the "second man's" real name?
(a) His name is unknown.
7. The "second man" in Story 8 tells the narrator that he lied and that he is actually from ________.
(c) Corpus Christie.
8. What is the narrator of Story 10 referring to when he says to bill, "Pay me back when they give you yours"?
9. When Bill looks back at his life, he says he sees _______.
(a) A pretty rainbow.
(b) Wrecked cars.
(c) A dark hole.
(d) Flowery meadows.
10. What motel is the narrator and Michelle staying at in Story 7?
(a) Rebel Motel.
(b) Motel 6.
(c) Red Roof Inn.
(d) Economy Inn.
11. What is the movie about that the Story 7 narrator watches at the abortion clinic?
12. What type of vehicle does the "second man" in Story 8 drive?
(a) A motorscooter.
(b) A pickup truck.
(c) An RV.
(d) A van.
13. In Story 7, the narrator follows a man off the train and into a ________ neighborhood.
14. Who is Angelique?
(a) The 17 year old belly dancer.
(b) The bartender.
(c) The narrator's wife.
(d) Wayne's wife.
15. When did the military woman at tavern get married?
(a) Never married.
(b) 7 years ago.
(c) 4 days ago.
(d) 2 years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michelle die in Story 7?
2. How long does Happy Hour last in Story 9?
3. What is the name of the tavern across from the hospital that the narrator goes to in Story 8?
4. Who does the wounded man in the Emergency Room in Story 6 accuse of injuring him?
5. Who is out in front of the abortion building in Story 7?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)