|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the narrator in Story 10?
(a) At the mall.
(b) In a mental institution.
(c) At a barbershop.
(d) In a motel.
2. Who is the clerk in the Emergency Room in Story 6?
(a) The narrator.
(b) Hugh Newton.
(c) Mickey O'Keefe.
(d) Edward Sweetbay.
3. How long has the narrator been working at the hospital in Story 6?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 16 weeks.
4. Who is the orderly at the hospital is a friend of the narrator in Story 6?
5. Who says in Story 8, "In Warsaw, my city, we drive in the park after twelve in the night, but the rules are saying no, you must not go to the park after this time, 12pm middle-night"?
(b) The narrator.
(d) The second man.
6. What is the narrator of Story 10 referring to when he says to bill, "Pay me back when they give you yours"?
7. What type of accent does the "second man" have in Story 8?
(c) West Midlands.
(d) Eastern European.
8. What does Georgie believe to be all over the Operating Room floor in Story 6?
9. Who does the military woman from the tavern say she could introduce the narrator to her husband as?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her nephew.
(d) Her son.
10. Why does the narrator go to the Savoy Hotel in Story 7?
(a) To buy drugs.
(b) To hide from Michelle.
(c) To book a room.
(d) To look for Michelle.
11. What is the name of the wounded man in the Emergency Room in Story 6?
(a) Terrence Weber.
(b) Roderick Delberry.
(c) Dale Mabry.
(d) Patrick Donovan.
12. What is the name of the narrator's girlfriend in Story 7?
13. Who is out in front of the abortion building in Story 7?
(a) A mime.
(b) A man in a gorilla costume.
(d) A guitarist.
14. Who extracts the knife from Terrence?
(a) The narrator.
(b) The clerk.
15. What drug does the narrator of Story 6 say is a very famous guru of the love generation?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Story 7, what do the picketers outside the abortion clinic throw at the narrator when he leaves the building?
2. What part of the hospital is the narrator working at in Story 6?
3. The narrator of Story 7 recalls that John Smith had once tried to sell him a ________ .
4. According to the narrator of Story 6, where he is now, how many weeks of winter occur in September?
5. According to the narrator in Story 10, the nurses at the hospital are pumping ________ by the quart.
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)