|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the police officer take the hitchhiking narrator following the car accident?
(a) To a shelter.
(b) To the narrator's house.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To jail.
2. What virus does the narrator of Story 4 reveal McInnes has?
(b) Foot and mouth disease virus.
(c) Borna virus.
3. Who used to own the house that the narrator and Wayne are at?
(a) Wayne's ex-girlfriend.
(b) Wayne's mother.
(d) Wayne's former boss.
4. The narrator states that ________ is like a railroad club car that had somehow run itself off the tracks into a swamp of time where it awaited the blows of the wrecking ball.
(b) His life.
(c) The Vine.
5. Why is McInnes not at the hospital in the beginning of Story 4?
(a) Dundun refuses to let McInnes go.
(b) Nobody has a car to take McInnes.
(c) Jack Hotel crashed the car.
(d) McInnes doesn't want to go.
6. Who does Wayne stop to see after he and the narrator finish work?
(a) His father.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His son.
(d) His wife.
7. How does the narrator's "new companion" communicate in Story 2?
(a) In pig-latin.
(b) By sign language.
(c) With pictures.
(d) By song.
8. What type of party is Jack Hotel throwing for himself at the bar in Story 3?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A welcome home party.
(c) A going away party.
(d) A bachelor party.
9. In Story 2, what color is the narrator's vehicle?
10. Where did the narrator first meet Dundun?
(a) At a bar.
(b) At Seattle General Mental Institution.
(c) At the Johnson County Jail.
(d) In high school.
11. According to the narrator of Story 3, at ________ some of the most terrible things happen to him.
(a) Blind Pig Pub.
(b) A J's Bar & Grill.
(c) Big Daddy's.
(d) The Vine.
12. What profession does Dundun say he would not mind working?
(a) A hitman.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A pilot.
(d) A lawyer.
13. What does Dundun bring to McInnes in Story 4 to make him feel better?
(a) Beer and water.
(b) Bread and water.
(c) An asprin and juice.
(d) Water and marijuana.
14. What does the narrator find inside his car in Story 2?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A man sleeping.
(d) A note.
15. The narrator states in Story 1 that by the sweet voices of the family inside the car, he knew ________.
(a) That they were friendly.
(b) They would take good care of the narrator.
(c) They would have an accident.
(d) That they had young children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What third location does the narrator's new companion want to go to in Story 2?
2. What type of job does Wayne tell the narrator they are going to perform in Story 5?
3. According to the narrator in Story 2, how does he feel about his child?
4. According to Richard in Story 2, the people at the farmhouse use to be ________.
5. What is the boat pulling behind it in Story 5?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)