|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator visiting Dundun in Story 4?
(a) To buy pharmaceutical opium.
(b) To buy marijuana.
(c) To spend time with him.
(d) To appologize to him.
2. In Story 2, where does the narrator meet the "first man"?
(a) After a baseball game.
(b) After a football game.
(c) After a dance.
(d) After a parade.
3. The host of the party at the farmhouse tells the narrator that ________ does not want the "new companion" at the house.
4. How does the narrator's "new companion" communicate in Story 2?
(a) By song.
(b) By sign language.
(c) In pig-latin.
(d) With pictures.
5. What does the Salesman hit with his car causing a severe accident in Story 1?
(a) Another car.
(b) A tree.
(c) A light pole.
(d) A deer.
6. At the end of Story 5, the narrator says, "Your husband will beat you with a(n) ________ and the bus will pull away leaving you standing there in tears, but you were my ________."
(a) Tire iron / wife.
(b) Baseball bat / sister.
(c) Belt / friend.
(d) Extension cord / mother.
7. What is the Salesman marital status?
8. According to the narrator in Story 2, how does he feel about his child?
(a) He hates him.
(b) He wants to put him up for adoption.
(c) He enjoys him.
(d) He is afraid of him.
9. In Story 5, what does the narrator say his car did not need?
(c) A key.
(d) Exhaust pipe.
10. Who does Wayne stop to see after he and the narrator finish work?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His father.
11. In Story 5, whose ex-girlfriend did the narrator end up marrying?
(c) Jack Hotel.
12. How much money does Wayne and the narrator each receive for the scrap wire in Story 5?
13. According to Dundun in Story 4, why does McInnes not feel good?
(a) McInnes has the flu.
(b) Dundun beat him up.
(c) McInnes overdosed on pain killers.
(d) Dundun shot him.
14. Whose birthday is it in Story 4?
(b) Jack Hotel.
(d) The narrator.
15. What is Jack Hotels's real name?
(a) Harry Jacobson.
(b) Joshua Hughston.
(c) Jack Hamilton.
(d) George Hoddel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did the narrator of Story 5 originally pay for his vehicle?
2. What is the name of the narrator's two friends in Story 2?
3. What is the narrator's marital status in Story 2?
4. What is the narrator and his girlfriend's drug of choice in Story 5?
5. How old is the narrator's child in Story 2?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)