|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of party is Jack Hotel throwing for himself at the bar in Story 3?
(a) A welcome home party.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) A going away party.
(d) A bachelor party.
2. According to the narrator in Story 2, how does he feel about his child?
(a) He is afraid of him.
(b) He enjoys him.
(c) He wants to put him up for adoption.
(d) He hates him.
3. What is the Salesman marital status?
4. Who used to own the house that the narrator and Wayne are at?
(a) Wayne's former boss.
(b) Wayne's ex-girlfriend.
(d) Wayne's mother.
5. Who was the naked woman flying over the river behind the boat in Story 5?
(a) Wayne's wife.
(b) Wayne's girlfriend.
(c) Wayne's daughter.
(d) Wayne's ex-fiance.
6. What is Wayne referring to in Story 5 when he says, "It is my sacrifice"?
(a) Buying drinks.
(b) Working to make money.
(c) Marriage with his wife.
(d) His outlook on life.
7. Who is Kid Williams?
(a) A former boxer.
(b) A former singer.
(c) A former football player.
(d) A former actor.
8. Who asks the question in Story 1, "Are you hearing unusual sounds or voices?"
(a) The Salesman.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The narrator.
9. The host of the party at the farmhouse tells the narrator that ________ does not want the "new companion" at the house.
10. The narrator reveals in Story 2 that one of his friends got hurt while they were burglarizing a ________.
(b) Gas station.
(d) Department store.
11. When asked by the semi-truck driver, "Is everybody dead?" How does the narrator respond?
(a) "I can't tell who is and who isn't."
(b) "Yes, everybody is dead."
(c) "How should I know."
(d) "No, not everbody."
12. What is the name of the narrator's two friends in Story 2?
(a) Tom and Richard.
(b) Donny and Matthew.
(c) Sam and Carol.
(d) Charles and Michael.
13. According to the narrator, he and the Salesman developed a dangerous cynical camaraderie beginning in ________.
(a) New York.
14. Who is the only customer at the Vine when the narrator arrives in the beginning of Story 5?
15. What type of vehicle does the narrator of Story 2 drive?
(a) A Volkswagon.
(b) A Jeep.
(c) A Mustang.
(d) A Prius.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose birthday is it in Story 4?
2. About how old does the narrator guess the sleeping baby in the backseat of the family's vehicle to be in Story 1?
3. What is the name of the bar the narrator is at in Story 3?
4. What does the narrator's "new companion" in Story 2 want from the narrator?
5. In Story 2, where does the narrator meet the "first man"?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)