|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the police officer take the hitchhiking narrator following the car accident?
(a) To the narrator's house.
(b) To jail.
(c) To a shelter.
(d) To the hospital.
2. According to the narrator of Story 3, at ________ some of the most terrible things happen to him.
(a) Blind Pig Pub.
(b) A J's Bar & Grill.
(c) Big Daddy's.
(d) The Vine.
3. What is the narrator holding when he stops a semi-truck after the accident in Story 1?
(a) A shotgun.
(b) His sleeping bag.
(c) The Salesman's wife.
(d) The Salesman's baby.
4. Who is the only customer at the Vine when the narrator arrives in the beginning of Story 5?
5. In Story 5, the narrator and his girlfriend have been staying at the ________.
(a) Holiday Inn.
(b) Hampton Inn.
(c) Motel 8.
(d) Motel Inn.
6. What is the name of the narrator's two friends in Story 2?
(a) Tom and Richard.
(b) Sam and Carol.
(c) Donny and Matthew.
(d) Charles and Michael.
7. Where is the narrator at the beginning of Story 1?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) On the side of the road.
(c) At a bar.
(d) In a hotel.
8. What is the Salesman marital status?
9. What is Jack Hotels's real name?
(a) George Hoddel.
(b) Jack Hamilton.
(c) Joshua Hughston.
(d) Harry Jacobson.
10. How much money does Wayne and the narrator each receive for the scrap wire in Story 5?
11. The narrator states in Story 1 that by the sweet voices of the family inside the car, he knew ________.
(a) That they had young children.
(b) That they were friendly.
(c) They would take good care of the narrator.
(d) They would have an accident.
12. In Story 5, what does the narrator say his car did not need?
(a) A key.
(c) Exhaust pipe.
13. According to the narrator in Story 1, who was snoring loudly and rudely after the car accident?
(a) The Salesman.
(b) The passenger of the other car.
(c) The baby.
(d) He was.
14. Where does Dundun live?
(a) In the back of his car.
(b) At the farmhouse.
(c) In an apartment.
(d) In a subway tunnel.
15. Who overdoses on heroin at the end of Story 3?
(a) Jack Hotel.
(b) Kid Williams.
(c) The Salesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What virus does the narrator of Story 4 reveal McInnes has?
2. Story 3 opens with the narrator seeing ________ in an olive-green three-piece suit, with his blond hair combed back and his face shining and suffering.
3. What type of weapon is the narrator carrying on him in Story 2?
4. All of the following people are inside the farmhouse in Story 4, except for who?
5. In Story 1, who is Janice?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)