|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of party is Jack Hotel throwing for himself at the bar in Story 3?
(a) A going away party.
(b) A bachelor party.
(c) A birthday party.
(d) A welcome home party.
2. What is the narrator holding when he stops a semi-truck after the accident in Story 1?
(a) A shotgun.
(b) The Salesman's wife.
(c) The Salesman's baby.
(d) His sleeping bag.
3. Who asks the narrator to take McInnes to the hospital?
(a) Jack Hotel.
4. What is the narrator and his girlfriend's drug of choice in Story 5?
5. What does the Salesman hit with his car causing a severe accident in Story 1?
(a) A tree.
(b) A light pole.
(c) A deer.
(d) Another car.
6. In Story 5, the narrator and his girlfriend have been staying at the ________.
(a) Hampton Inn.
(b) Motel 8.
(c) Motel Inn.
(d) Holiday Inn.
7. All of the following people are inside the farmhouse in Story 4, except for who?
(d) Jack Hotel.
8. What is the Salesman marital status?
9. Where is the narrator at the beginning of Story 2?
(a) The Washington Monument.
(b) The Veterans of Foreign Wars Hall.
(c) The Museum of Science and Industry.
(d) The Vine.
10. The narrator states in Story 1 that by the sweet voices of the family inside the car, he knew ________.
(a) That they had young children.
(b) They would take good care of the narrator.
(c) That they were friendly.
(d) They would have an accident.
11. Who used to own the house that the narrator and Wayne are at?
(a) Wayne's mother.
(c) Wayne's ex-girlfriend.
(d) Wayne's former boss.
12. According to the narrator in Story 2, how long has he been friends with his two friends?
(a) 19 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) Over a year.
(d) 6 months.
13. According to the narrator in Story 1, all of the following people had given the narrator drugs except for who?
(a) The Indian.
(b) The Student.
(c) The Salesman.
(d) The Teacher.
14. Where does the police officer take the hitchhiking narrator following the car accident?
(a) To the narrator's house.
(b) To jail.
(c) To a shelter.
(d) To the hospital.
15. Where is the narrator at the beginning of Story 1?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) On the side of the road.
(d) At a bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the minimum amount of years Jack Hotel could spend in jail for his crime?
2. What is the "new companion's" real name in Story 2?
3. Story 3 opens with the narrator seeing ________ in an olive-green three-piece suit, with his blond hair combed back and his face shining and suffering.
4. In Story 1, who runs a furniture store?
5. In Story 2, who is the woman at the narrator's "new companion's" home referring to when she says, "If you don't take him off our street I'm calling the police"?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)