|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The host of the party at the farmhouse tells the narrator that ________ does not want the "new companion" at the house.
2. According to the narrator in Story 1, all of the following people had given the narrator drugs except for who?
(a) The Student.
(b) The Teacher.
(c) The Salesman.
(d) The Indian.
3. What is the minimum amount of years Jack Hotel could spend in jail for his crime?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 100 years.
(d) 50 years.
4. How old is the narrator's child in Story 2?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 24 months.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) 13 years old.
5. In Story 1, who is Janice?
(a) The Indian's wife.
(b) The Salesman's wife.
(c) The Mennonite's wife.
(d) The narrator's wife.
6. What does Jack Hotel and the narrator buy with their money in Story 3?
(a) A car.
(b) A cell phone.
(c) An apartment.
7. Where does the police officer take the hitchhiking narrator following the car accident?
(a) To jail.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To a shelter.
(d) To the narrator's house.
8. Story 3 opens with the narrator seeing ________ in an olive-green three-piece suit, with his blond hair combed back and his face shining and suffering.
(c) Jack Hotel.
9. In Story 2, who is the woman at the narrator's "new companion's" home referring to when she says, "If you don't take him off our street I'm calling the police"?
(a) The narrator.
(d) The new companion.
10. Whose birthday is it in Story 4?
(a) Jack Hotel.
(d) The narrator.
11. Where is the narrator at the beginning of Story 1?
(a) At a bar.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) On the side of the road.
(d) In a hotel.
12. According to the narrator in Story 2, how does he feel about his child?
(a) He hates him.
(b) He wants to put him up for adoption.
(c) He enjoys him.
(d) He is afraid of him.
13. At the end of Story 1, what flutters close to the narrator's face?
(a) An ugly moth.
(b) A noisy bee.
(c) A colorful butterfly.
(d) A yellow bird.
14. In Story 2, what color is the narrator's vehicle?
15. According to the narrator, he and the Salesman developed a dangerous cynical camaraderie beginning in ________.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator in Story 1, why was he admitted to Seattle General Hospital some years later?
2. What virus does the narrator of Story 4 reveal McInnes has?
3. Who is Tim Bishop?
4. In Story 2, where does the narrator meet the "first man"?
5. Where is the narrator at the end of Story 1?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)