|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before bringing the narrator home, who does the Salesman want to stop and see in Story 1?
(a) His wife.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His girlfriend.
2. At the end of Story 5, the narrator says, "Your husband will beat you with a(n) ________ and the bus will pull away leaving you standing there in tears, but you were my ________."
(a) Baseball bat / sister.
(b) Tire iron / wife.
(c) Extension cord / mother.
(d) Belt / friend.
3. How far did the family promise to take the hitchhiking narrator?
(a) Just to Boulder.
(b) Half way.
(c) To the next exit.
(d) All the way.
4. Where did the narrator first meet Dundun?
(a) In high school.
(b) At Seattle General Mental Institution.
(c) At the Johnson County Jail.
(d) At a bar.
5. Why is the narrator visiting Dundun in Story 4?
(a) To buy pharmaceutical opium.
(b) To buy marijuana.
(c) To appologize to him.
(d) To spend time with him.
6. What does the Salesman hit with his car causing a severe accident in Story 1?
(a) A deer.
(b) A light pole.
(c) A tree.
(d) Another car.
7. All of the following people are inside the farmhouse in Story 4, except for who?
(c) Jack Hotel.
8. What does Dundun bring to McInnes in Story 4 to make him feel better?
(a) Bread and water.
(b) An asprin and juice.
(c) Beer and water.
(d) Water and marijuana.
9. What virus does the narrator of Story 4 reveal McInnes has?
(b) Borna virus.
(d) Foot and mouth disease virus.
10. What is the narrator's marital status in Story 2?
11. Who asks the question in Story 1, "Are you hearing unusual sounds or voices?"
(a) The doctor.
(b) The Salesman.
(d) The narrator.
12. What is the Salesman marital status?
13. What is the name of the narrator's two friends in Story 2?
(a) Tom and Richard.
(b) Sam and Carol.
(c) Charles and Michael.
(d) Donny and Matthew.
14. Who is the narrator of Story 2 referring to when he says, "I'd better just go after him, instead of waiting"?
15. In Story 2, who is the woman at the narrator's "new companion's" home referring to when she says, "If you don't take him off our street I'm calling the police"?
(a) The narrator.
(d) The new companion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the narrator at the beginning of Story 1?
2. What profession does Dundun say he would not mind working?
3. The Bride of Death in Story 2 is a nickname the narrator gives to ________.
4. Who used to own the house that the narrator and Wayne are at?
5. Who is Alsatia?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)