|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does the car accident in Story 1 occur?
(a) 12 am.
(b) 3:30 pm.
(c) 3:15 am.
(d) 5:45 pm.
2. What does Dundun bring to McInnes in Story 4 to make him feel better?
(a) Bread and water.
(b) An asprin and juice.
(c) Water and marijuana.
(d) Beer and water.
3. According to the narrator in Story 2, how does he feel about his child?
(a) He is afraid of him.
(b) He hates him.
(c) He wants to put him up for adoption.
(d) He enjoys him.
4. Who is Tim Bishop?
(a) The narrator's best friend.
(b) McInnes' brother.
(c) Blue's boyfriend.
(d) The owner of the farm house.
5. According to Dundun in Story 4, why does McInnes not feel good?
(a) Dundun beat him up.
(b) McInnes overdosed on pain killers.
(c) McInnes has the flu.
(d) Dundun shot him.
6. When asked by the semi-truck driver, "Is everybody dead?" How does the narrator respond?
(a) "I can't tell who is and who isn't."
(b) "Yes, everybody is dead."
(c) "No, not everbody."
(d) "How should I know."
7. In Story 1, who is Janice?
(a) The Salesman's wife.
(b) The Indian's wife.
(c) The narrator's wife.
(d) The Mennonite's wife.
8. What is the name of the narrator's two friends in Story 2?
(a) Sam and Carol.
(b) Donny and Matthew.
(c) Tom and Richard.
(d) Charles and Michael.
9. The Bride of Death in Story 2 is a nickname the narrator gives to ________.
10. In Story 1, who runs a furniture store?
(a) The Salesman's girlfriend.
(b) The Indian's father.
(c) The narrator's wife.
(d) The Student's brother.
11. Where did the narrator first meet Dundun?
(a) In high school.
(b) At a bar.
(c) At Seattle General Mental Institution.
(d) At the Johnson County Jail.
12. Who drives a Volkswagen in Story 1?
(a) The college student.
(b) The Teacher.
(c) The Mennonite.
(d) The Indian.
13. Story 3 opens with the narrator seeing ________ in an olive-green three-piece suit, with his blond hair combed back and his face shining and suffering.
(b) Jack Hotel.
14. What type of party is Jack Hotel throwing for himself at the bar in Story 3?
(a) A welcome home party.
(b) A bachelor party.
(c) A going away party.
(d) A birthday party.
15. What does the narrator find inside his car in Story 2?
(a) A note.
(b) A man sleeping.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alsatia?
2. What is the boat pulling behind it in Story 5?
3. What is the "new companion's" real name in Story 2?
4. In Story 5, the narrator and his girlfriend have been staying at the ________.
5. Where is the narrator at the end of Story 1?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)