|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose birthday is it in Story 4?
(a) Jack Hotel.
(b) The narrator.
2. All of the following people are inside the farmhouse in Story 4, except for who?
(c) Jack Hotel.
3. What is the boat pulling behind it in Story 5?
(a) A buggie-boarder.
(b) A dog on a raft.
(c) A sign.
(d) A naked woman.
4. What is Jack Hotels's real name?
(a) George Hoddel.
(b) Jack Hamilton.
(c) Joshua Hughston.
(d) Harry Jacobson.
5. According to the narrator in Story 1, why was he admitted to Seattle General Hospital some years later?
(a) For a bacterial infection.
(b) For surgery.
(c) For mental evaluation.
(d) For detox.
6. What does the narrator find inside his car in Story 2?
(a) A man sleeping.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A note.
(d) A Bible.
7. Who does the narrator believe is coming to shoot his left leg off in Story 2?
8. The narrator states in Story 1 that by the sweet voices of the family inside the car, he knew ________.
(a) They would have an accident.
(b) That they were friendly.
(c) That they had young children.
(d) They would take good care of the narrator.
9. What does Dundun bring to McInnes in Story 4 to make him feel better?
(a) An asprin and juice.
(b) Bread and water.
(c) Water and marijuana.
(d) Beer and water.
10. What does Jack Hotel and the narrator buy with their money in Story 3?
(a) A car.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A cell phone.
11. Who does Wayne stop to see after he and the narrator finish work?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(c) His father.
(d) His grandmother.
12. In his flashback, the narrator in Story 1 reveals that earlier in the day the ________ and him had swept down into ________.
(a) Salesman / Kansas City.
(b) The Student / Savannah.
(c) The Teacher / Chinatown.
(d) The Indian / Forks.
13. The narrator states that ________ is like a railroad club car that had somehow run itself off the tracks into a swamp of time where it awaited the blows of the wrecking ball.
(a) The Vine.
(c) His life.
14. What is Wayne referring to in Story 5 when he says, "It is my sacrifice"?
(a) Working to make money.
(b) Marriage with his wife.
(c) Buying drinks.
(d) His outlook on life.
15. In Story 5, what offer does Wayne make to the narrator?
(a) Wayne wants to buy the narrator's car.
(b) Wayne wants to be roommates with the narrator.
(c) To go to work with him.
(d) To open up a business together.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Story 5, the narrator and his girlfriend have been staying at the ________.
2. Who is the narrator of Story 2 referring to when he says, "I'd better just go after him, instead of waiting"?
3. How old is the narrator's child in Story 2?
4. What does the narrator's "new companion" in Story 2 want from the narrator?
5. Who used to own the house that the narrator and Wayne are at?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)