|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dundun in Story 4, why does McInnes not feel good?
(a) McInnes has the flu.
(b) Dundun beat him up.
(c) McInnes overdosed on pain killers.
(d) Dundun shot him.
2. In his flashback, the narrator in Story 1 reveals that earlier in the day the ________ and him had swept down into ________.
(a) The Student / Savannah.
(b) Salesman / Kansas City.
(c) The Indian / Forks.
(d) The Teacher / Chinatown.
3. In Story 1, who runs a furniture store?
(a) The Indian's father.
(b) The narrator's wife.
(c) The Student's brother.
(d) The Salesman's girlfriend.
4. What does the Salesman hit with his car causing a severe accident in Story 1?
(a) A deer.
(b) Another car.
(c) A tree.
(d) A light pole.
5. According to the narrator in Story 1, who was snoring loudly and rudely after the car accident?
(a) He was.
(b) The passenger of the other car.
(c) The baby.
(d) The Salesman.
6. How far did the family promise to take the hitchhiking narrator?
(a) Just to Boulder.
(b) All the way.
(c) To the next exit.
(d) Half way.
7. Where is the narrator at the beginning of Story 2?
(a) The Washington Monument.
(b) The Veterans of Foreign Wars Hall.
(c) The Museum of Science and Industry.
(d) The Vine.
8. Who drives a Volkswagen in Story 1?
(a) The Indian.
(b) The college student.
(c) The Teacher.
(d) The Mennonite.
9. What does the narrator find inside his car in Story 2?
(a) A man sleeping.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A note.
(d) A Bible.
10. Why is the narrator visiting Dundun in Story 4?
(a) To buy pharmaceutical opium.
(b) To appologize to him.
(c) To buy marijuana.
(d) To spend time with him.
11. Who used to own the house that the narrator and Wayne are at?
(a) Wayne's mother.
(b) Wayne's ex-girlfriend.
(c) Wayne's former boss.
12. What third location does the narrator's new companion want to go to in Story 2?
(a) The hospital.
(b) A farmhouse.
(c) The bar.
(d) The drug store.
13. According to the narrator, he and the Salesman developed a dangerous cynical camaraderie beginning in ________.
(b) New York.
14. How much money does Wayne and the narrator each receive for the scrap wire in Story 5?
15. What is the narrator's marital status in Story 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator in Story 2, how does he feel about his child?
2. How is the narrator receiving money in Story 3?
3. What profession does Dundun say he would not mind working?
4. What is the weather like throughout Story 1?
5. Who does the narrator believe is coming to shoot his left leg off in Story 2?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)