|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Story 2, what color is the narrator's vehicle?
2. According to the narrator in Story 2, how does he feel about his child?
(a) He hates him.
(b) He enjoys him.
(c) He wants to put him up for adoption.
(d) He is afraid of him.
3. How far did the family promise to take the hitchhiking narrator?
(a) Half way.
(b) To the next exit.
(c) All the way.
(d) Just to Boulder.
4. According to the narrator in Story 2, who sold him a gun?
5. The host of the party at the farmhouse tells the narrator that ________ does not want the "new companion" at the house.
6. What profession does Dundun say he would not mind working?
(a) A pilot.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A hitman.
(d) A lawyer.
7. Where does the police officer take the hitchhiking narrator following the car accident?
(a) To a shelter.
(b) To jail.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To the narrator's house.
8. What specific item is the narrator and Wayne after on the job?
(a) Redwood oak flooring.
(b) Copper wire.
(c) Crystal chandelier.
(d) Brass piping.
9. The narrator states that ________ is like a railroad club car that had somehow run itself off the tracks into a swamp of time where it awaited the blows of the wrecking ball.
(a) The Vine.
(b) His life.
10. How does the narrator's "new companion" communicate in Story 2?
(a) By sign language.
(b) With pictures.
(c) By song.
(d) In pig-latin.
11. What does the narrator find inside his car in Story 2?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A note.
(d) A man sleeping.
12. Where does Dundun live?
(a) In an apartment.
(b) At the farmhouse.
(c) In the back of his car.
(d) In a subway tunnel.
13. What crime was Jack Hotel being tried for in Story 3?
(a) Grand theft.
(d) Armed robbery.
14. What is the name of the bar the narrator is at in Story 3?
(a) A J's Bar & Grill.
(b) Big Daddy's.
(c) Blind Pig Pub.
(d) The Vine.
15. What is the name of the narrator's two friends in Story 2?
(a) Donny and Matthew.
(b) Charles and Michael.
(c) Tom and Richard.
(d) Sam and Carol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the narrator visiting Dundun in Story 4?
2. Who does the narrator call "Nurse" in Story 5?
3. In his flashback, the narrator in Story 1 reveals that earlier in the day the ________ and him had swept down into ________.
4. Who overdoses on heroin at the end of Story 3?
5. What is the "new companion's" real name in Story 2?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)