|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of job does Wayne tell the narrator they are going to perform in Story 5?
2. What is Jack Hotels's real name?
(a) Harry Jacobson.
(b) Joshua Hughston.
(c) Jack Hamilton.
(d) George Hoddel.
3. According to the narrator in Story 2, how does he feel about his child?
(a) He is afraid of him.
(b) He hates him.
(c) He wants to put him up for adoption.
(d) He enjoys him.
4. What time does the car accident in Story 1 occur?
(a) 3:15 am.
(b) 5:45 pm.
(c) 12 am.
(d) 3:30 pm.
5. What does the Salesman hit with his car causing a severe accident in Story 1?
(a) A light pole.
(b) A deer.
(c) Another car.
(d) A tree.
6. What does the narrator's "new companion" in Story 2 want from the narrator?
(a) A place to stay.
(c) A ride home.
7. How far did the family promise to take the hitchhiking narrator?
(a) To the next exit.
(b) Just to Boulder.
(c) All the way.
(d) Half way.
8. Where is the narrator at the beginning of Story 2?
(a) The Vine.
(b) The Museum of Science and Industry.
(c) The Washington Monument.
(d) The Veterans of Foreign Wars Hall.
9. The narrator reveals in Story 2 that one of his friends got hurt while they were burglarizing a ________.
(a) Department store.
(b) Gas station.
10. Where is the narrator at the end of Story 1?
(a) In a mental institution.
(b) At a party.
(c) At a bar.
(d) In a cemetary.
11. In his flashback, the narrator in Story 1 reveals that earlier in the day the ________ and him had swept down into ________.
(a) The Student / Savannah.
(b) Salesman / Kansas City.
(c) The Teacher / Chinatown.
(d) The Indian / Forks.
12. At the end of Story 5, the narrator says, "Your husband will beat you with a(n) ________ and the bus will pull away leaving you standing there in tears, but you were my ________."
(a) Belt / friend.
(b) Tire iron / wife.
(c) Baseball bat / sister.
(d) Extension cord / mother.
13. Story 3 opens with the narrator seeing ________ in an olive-green three-piece suit, with his blond hair combed back and his face shining and suffering.
(a) Jack Hotel.
14. When asked by the semi-truck driver, "Is everybody dead?" How does the narrator respond?
(a) "Yes, everybody is dead."
(b) "I can't tell who is and who isn't."
(c) "No, not everbody."
(d) "How should I know."
15. Who was the naked woman flying over the river behind the boat in Story 5?
(a) Wayne's girlfriend.
(b) Wayne's ex-fiance.
(c) Wayne's daughter.
(d) Wayne's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Story 1, what flutters close to the narrator's face?
2. According to the narrator in Story 1, all of the following people had given the narrator drugs except for who?
3. In Story 2, who is the woman at the narrator's "new companion's" home referring to when she says, "If you don't take him off our street I'm calling the police"?
4. What profession does Dundun say he would not mind working?
5. According to the narrator in Story 1, why was he admitted to Seattle General Hospital some years later?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)