|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks the question in Story 1, "Are you hearing unusual sounds or voices?"
(a) The doctor.
(c) The Salesman.
(d) The narrator.
2. The narrator reveals in Story 2 that one of his friends got hurt while they were burglarizing a ________.
(b) Gas station.
(c) Department store.
3. What is the Salesman marital status?
4. Who is Kid Williams?
(a) A former boxer.
(b) A former football player.
(c) A former actor.
(d) A former singer.
5. In Story 1, who is Janice?
(a) The Indian's wife.
(b) The Salesman's wife.
(c) The Mennonite's wife.
(d) The narrator's wife.
6. Why is the narrator visiting Dundun in Story 4?
(a) To buy marijuana.
(b) To appologize to him.
(c) To buy pharmaceutical opium.
(d) To spend time with him.
7. What is Wayne referring to in Story 5 when he says, "It is my sacrifice"?
(a) Buying drinks.
(b) Marriage with his wife.
(c) His outlook on life.
(d) Working to make money.
8. According to the narrator in Story 1, who was snoring loudly and rudely after the car accident?
(a) The baby.
(b) The Salesman.
(c) The passenger of the other car.
(d) He was.
9. Where is the narrator at the beginning of Story 1?
(a) On the side of the road.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) At a bar.
(d) In a hotel.
10. According to the narrator of Story 3, at ________ some of the most terrible things happen to him.
(a) A J's Bar & Grill.
(b) Blind Pig Pub.
(c) The Vine.
(d) Big Daddy's.
11. What type of job does Wayne tell the narrator they are going to perform in Story 5?
12. What is the narrator holding when he stops a semi-truck after the accident in Story 1?
(a) His sleeping bag.
(b) The Salesman's wife.
(c) A shotgun.
(d) The Salesman's baby.
13. What is the boat pulling behind it in Story 5?
(a) A buggie-boarder.
(b) A naked woman.
(c) A dog on a raft.
(d) A sign.
14. In Story 5, whose ex-girlfriend did the narrator end up marrying?
(a) Jack Hotel.
15. What type of vehicle does the narrator of Story 2 drive?
(a) A Volkswagon.
(b) A Jeep.
(c) A Mustang.
(d) A Prius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's two friends in Story 2?
2. Story 3 opens with the narrator seeing ________ in an olive-green three-piece suit, with his blond hair combed back and his face shining and suffering.
3. Who is the only customer at the Vine when the narrator arrives in the beginning of Story 5?
4. What does the narrator's "new companion" in Story 2 want from the narrator?
5. The host of the party at the farmhouse tells the narrator that ________ does not want the "new companion" at the house.
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)