|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator of Story 3, at ________ some of the most terrible things happen to him.
(a) Big Daddy's.
(b) Blind Pig Pub.
(c) The Vine.
(d) A J's Bar & Grill.
2. Why is the narrator visiting Dundun in Story 4?
(a) To appologize to him.
(b) To spend time with him.
(c) To buy pharmaceutical opium.
(d) To buy marijuana.
3. Where does the police officer take the hitchhiking narrator following the car accident?
(a) To a shelter.
(b) To jail.
(c) To the narrator's house.
(d) To the hospital.
4. Story 3 opens with the narrator seeing ________ in an olive-green three-piece suit, with his blond hair combed back and his face shining and suffering.
(c) Jack Hotel.
5. What is the narrator's marital status in Story 2?
6. According to the narrator in Story 1, why was he admitted to Seattle General Hospital some years later?
(a) For a bacterial infection.
(b) For detox.
(c) For mental evaluation.
(d) For surgery.
7. Who was the naked woman flying over the river behind the boat in Story 5?
(a) Wayne's girlfriend.
(b) Wayne's daughter.
(c) Wayne's ex-fiance.
(d) Wayne's wife.
8. According to Richard in Story 2, the people at the farmhouse use to be ________.
9. In Story 5, whose ex-girlfriend did the narrator end up marrying?
(a) Jack Hotel.
10. Where is the narrator at the beginning of Story 2?
(a) The Museum of Science and Industry.
(b) The Washington Monument.
(c) The Veterans of Foreign Wars Hall.
(d) The Vine.
11. What is the "new companion's" real name in Story 2?
12. What profession does Dundun say he would not mind working?
(a) A hitman.
(b) A pilot.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A doctor.
13. What is the narrator and his girlfriend's drug of choice in Story 5?
14. At the end of Story 1, what flutters close to the narrator's face?
(a) A yellow bird.
(b) A colorful butterfly.
(c) An ugly moth.
(d) A noisy bee.
15. Who drives a Volkswagen in Story 1?
(a) The Indian.
(b) The Teacher.
(c) The Mennonite.
(d) The college student.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the narrator at the beginning of Story 1?
2. According to Dundun in Story 4, why does McInnes not feel good?
3. What does Dundun bring to McInnes in Story 4 to make him feel better?
4. Who used to own the house that the narrator and Wayne are at?
5. What is the name of the bar the narrator is at in Story 3?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)