|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dundun in Story 4, why does McInnes not feel good?
(a) Dundun shot him.
(b) McInnes has the flu.
(c) McInnes overdosed on pain killers.
(d) Dundun beat him up.
2. Who does Wayne stop to see after he and the narrator finish work?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His father.
(c) His wife.
(d) His son.
3. What crime was Jack Hotel being tried for in Story 3?
(b) Grand theft.
(d) Armed robbery.
4. Who is the narrator of Story 2 referring to when he says, "I'd better just go after him, instead of waiting"?
5. What type of weapon is the narrator carrying on him in Story 2?
(a) A gun.
(b) A hammer.
(d) A knife.
6. In Story 2, what color is the narrator's vehicle?
7. Who was the naked woman flying over the river behind the boat in Story 5?
(a) Wayne's girlfriend.
(b) Wayne's daughter.
(c) Wayne's wife.
(d) Wayne's ex-fiance.
8. What does the Salesman hit with his car causing a severe accident in Story 1?
(a) A light pole.
(b) A tree.
(c) A deer.
(d) Another car.
9. What is the Salesman marital status?
10. Who overdoses on heroin at the end of Story 3?
(a) Jack Hotel.
(b) Kid Williams.
(c) The Salesman.
11. What does the narrator's "new companion" in Story 2 want from the narrator?
(a) A place to stay.
(c) A ride home.
12. In his flashback, the narrator in Story 1 reveals that earlier in the day the ________ and him had swept down into ________.
(a) The Indian / Forks.
(b) Salesman / Kansas City.
(c) The Teacher / Chinatown.
(d) The Student / Savannah.
13. What is the weather like throughout Story 1?
14. All of the following people are inside the farmhouse in Story 4, except for who?
(d) Jack Hotel.
15. Who asks the question in Story 1, "Are you hearing unusual sounds or voices?"
(a) The Salesman.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator's "new companion" communicate in Story 2?
2. What is Jack Hotels's real name?
3. What does the narrator find inside his car in Story 2?
4. Where does Dundun live?
5. According to the narrator, he and the Salesman developed a dangerous cynical camaraderie beginning in ________.
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)