|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, he and the Salesman developed a dangerous cynical camaraderie beginning in ________.
(b) New York.
2. Who drives a Volkswagen in Story 1?
(a) The Mennonite.
(b) The college student.
(c) The Indian.
(d) The Teacher.
3. How much did the narrator of Story 5 originally pay for his vehicle?
4. What is the name of the bar the narrator is at in Story 3?
(a) A J's Bar & Grill.
(b) Big Daddy's.
(c) The Vine.
(d) Blind Pig Pub.
5. Where does Wayne take the narrator in Story 5?
(a) To an abandoned neighborhood.
(b) To an abandoned office building.
(c) To a dark alley.
(d) To the bowling alley.
6. What crime was Jack Hotel being tried for in Story 3?
(a) Grand theft.
(d) Armed robbery.
7. What is the narrator and his girlfriend's drug of choice in Story 5?
8. Where does the police officer take the hitchhiking narrator following the car accident?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To the narrator's house.
(c) To a shelter.
(d) To jail.
9. In Story 1, who runs a furniture store?
(a) The Indian's father.
(b) The Student's brother.
(c) The Salesman's girlfriend.
(d) The narrator's wife.
10. What type of weapon is the narrator carrying on him in Story 2?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A knife.
(d) A gun.
11. How does the narrator's "new companion" communicate in Story 2?
(a) With pictures.
(b) By sign language.
(c) In pig-latin.
(d) By song.
12. How is the narrator receiving money in Story 3?
(a) By prostituting himself.
(b) By being a drug dealer.
(c) By stealing a dead man's social security checks.
(d) By working as a construction worker.
13. Who is Tim Bishop?
(a) Blue's boyfriend.
(b) The owner of the farm house.
(c) The narrator's best friend.
(d) McInnes' brother.
14. What third location does the narrator's new companion want to go to in Story 2?
(a) The drug store.
(b) The bar.
(c) The hospital.
(d) A farmhouse.
15. According to Dundun in Story 4, why does McInnes not feel good?
(a) McInnes has the flu.
(b) Dundun shot him.
(c) Dundun beat him up.
(d) McInnes overdosed on pain killers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of job does Wayne tell the narrator they are going to perform in Story 5?
2. Why is the narrator visiting Dundun in Story 4?
3. What virus does the narrator of Story 4 reveal McInnes has?
4. Story 3 opens with the narrator seeing ________ in an olive-green three-piece suit, with his blond hair combed back and his face shining and suffering.
5. What does the narrator's "new companion" in Story 2 want from the narrator?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)