|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Story 5, whose ex-girlfriend did the narrator end up marrying?
(c) Jack Hotel.
2. What is the Salesman marital status?
3. What is the name of the narrator's two friends in Story 2?
(a) Sam and Carol.
(b) Tom and Richard.
(c) Charles and Michael.
(d) Donny and Matthew.
4. In Story 1, who is Janice?
(a) The narrator's wife.
(b) The Indian's wife.
(c) The Mennonite's wife.
(d) The Salesman's wife.
5. What virus does the narrator of Story 4 reveal McInnes has?
(b) Borna virus.
(c) Foot and mouth disease virus.
6. What is Wayne referring to in Story 5 when he says, "It is my sacrifice"?
(a) Working to make money.
(b) His outlook on life.
(c) Marriage with his wife.
(d) Buying drinks.
7. Where does the police officer take the hitchhiking narrator following the car accident?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To the narrator's house.
(c) To jail.
(d) To a shelter.
8. What is the "new companion's" real name in Story 2?
9. What is the weather like throughout Story 1?
10. At the end of Story 5, the narrator says, "Your husband will beat you with a(n) ________ and the bus will pull away leaving you standing there in tears, but you were my ________."
(a) Belt / friend.
(b) Tire iron / wife.
(c) Baseball bat / sister.
(d) Extension cord / mother.
11. How does the narrator's "new companion" communicate in Story 2?
(a) By song.
(b) With pictures.
(c) In pig-latin.
(d) By sign language.
12. Who is Kid Williams?
(a) A former singer.
(b) A former boxer.
(c) A former actor.
(d) A former football player.
13. In Story 2, what color is the narrator's vehicle?
14. What time does the car accident in Story 1 occur?
(a) 12 am.
(b) 3:15 am.
(c) 5:45 pm.
(d) 3:30 pm.
15. Who is Tim Bishop?
(a) The narrator's best friend.
(b) McInnes' brother.
(c) Blue's boyfriend.
(d) The owner of the farm house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Story 1, who runs a furniture store?
2. What type of weapon is the narrator carrying on him in Story 2?
3. Where is the family from that picks up the hitchhiking narrator in Story 1?
4. According to the narrator in Story 2, how long has he been friends with his two friends?
5. According to the narrator in Story 1, who was snoring loudly and rudely after the car accident?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)