|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dundun live?
(a) In the back of his car.
(b) In an apartment.
(c) At the farmhouse.
(d) In a subway tunnel.
2. Who overdoses on heroin at the end of Story 3?
(b) Jack Hotel.
(c) The Salesman.
(d) Kid Williams.
3. When asked by the semi-truck driver, "Is everybody dead?" How does the narrator respond?
(a) "No, not everbody."
(b) "How should I know."
(c) "Yes, everybody is dead."
(d) "I can't tell who is and who isn't."
4. What type of weapon is the narrator carrying on him in Story 2?
(b) A gun.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A knife.
5. How old is the narrator's child in Story 2?
(a) 13 years old.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) 24 months.
6. The narrator states in Story 1 that by the sweet voices of the family inside the car, he knew ________.
(a) That they had young children.
(b) They would take good care of the narrator.
(c) They would have an accident.
(d) That they were friendly.
7. What is the name of the bar the narrator is at in Story 3?
(a) Blind Pig Pub.
(b) The Vine.
(c) Big Daddy's.
(d) A J's Bar & Grill.
8. How much did the narrator of Story 5 originally pay for his vehicle?
9. Who is the only customer at the Vine when the narrator arrives in the beginning of Story 5?
10. At the end of Story 1, what flutters close to the narrator's face?
(a) An ugly moth.
(b) A colorful butterfly.
(c) A yellow bird.
(d) A noisy bee.
11. Why is McInnes not at the hospital in the beginning of Story 4?
(a) Nobody has a car to take McInnes.
(b) McInnes doesn't want to go.
(c) Dundun refuses to let McInnes go.
(d) Jack Hotel crashed the car.
12. Who asks the question in Story 1, "Are you hearing unusual sounds or voices?"
(a) The Salesman.
(b) The narrator.
(c) The doctor.
13. How does the narrator's "new companion" communicate in Story 2?
(a) By sign language.
(b) By song.
(c) In pig-latin.
(d) With pictures.
14. In Story 5, what offer does Wayne make to the narrator?
(a) Wayne wants to buy the narrator's car.
(b) Wayne wants to be roommates with the narrator.
(c) To open up a business together.
(d) To go to work with him.
15. Who does the narrator believe is coming to shoot his left leg off in Story 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Story 5, the narrator says, "Your husband will beat you with a(n) ________ and the bus will pull away leaving you standing there in tears, but you were my ________."
2. According to the narrator in Story 1, who was snoring loudly and rudely after the car accident?
3. What does Jack Hotel and the narrator buy with their money in Story 3?
4. Before bringing the narrator home, who does the Salesman want to stop and see in Story 1?
5. What is the name of the narrator's two friends in Story 2?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)