|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of Story 2 referring to when he says, "I'd better just go after him, instead of waiting"?
2. In his flashback, the narrator in Story 1 reveals that earlier in the day the ________ and him had swept down into ________.
(a) The Indian / Forks.
(b) The Student / Savannah.
(c) The Teacher / Chinatown.
(d) Salesman / Kansas City.
3. In Story 2, what color is the narrator's vehicle?
4. Who does Wayne stop to see after he and the narrator finish work?
(a) His wife.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His son.
(d) His father.
5. How far did the family promise to take the hitchhiking narrator?
(a) Just to Boulder.
(b) To the next exit.
(c) All the way.
(d) Half way.
6. In Story 1, who is Janice?
(a) The narrator's wife.
(b) The Salesman's wife.
(c) The Indian's wife.
(d) The Mennonite's wife.
7. What crime was Jack Hotel being tried for in Story 3?
(a) Grand theft.
(c) Armed robbery.
8. What virus does the narrator of Story 4 reveal McInnes has?
(b) Borna virus.
(d) Foot and mouth disease virus.
9. The Bride of Death in Story 2 is a nickname the narrator gives to ________.
10. What third location does the narrator's new companion want to go to in Story 2?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The bar.
(c) The drug store.
(d) A farmhouse.
11. In Story 5, the narrator and his girlfriend have been staying at the ________.
(a) Motel Inn.
(b) Holiday Inn.
(c) Motel 8.
(d) Hampton Inn.
12. Where is the narrator at the beginning of Story 1?
(a) On the side of the road.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) At a bar.
(d) In a hotel.
13. In Story 2, where does the narrator meet the "first man"?
(a) After a baseball game.
(b) After a football game.
(c) After a parade.
(d) After a dance.
14. What is the narrator and his girlfriend's drug of choice in Story 5?
15. How much did the narrator of Story 5 originally pay for his vehicle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the boat pulling behind it in Story 5?
2. Who drives a Volkswagen in Story 1?
3. What is the name of the narrator's two friends in Story 2?
4. Who is Tim Bishop?
5. According to the narrator, he and the Salesman developed a dangerous cynical camaraderie beginning in ________.
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)