|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Story 1, who is Janice?
(a) The Indian's wife.
(b) The narrator's wife.
(c) The Mennonite's wife.
(d) The Salesman's wife.
2. What does the narrator find inside his car in Story 2?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A note.
(c) A man sleeping.
(d) A rabbit.
3. What is the name of the bar the narrator is at in Story 3?
(a) Blind Pig Pub.
(b) A J's Bar & Grill.
(c) The Vine.
(d) Big Daddy's.
4. Who asks the narrator to take McInnes to the hospital?
(a) Jack Hotel.
5. What is Jack Hotels's real name?
(a) Joshua Hughston.
(b) George Hoddel.
(c) Harry Jacobson.
(d) Jack Hamilton.
6. The Bride of Death in Story 2 is a nickname the narrator gives to ________.
7. In his flashback, the narrator in Story 1 reveals that earlier in the day the ________ and him had swept down into ________.
(a) Salesman / Kansas City.
(b) The Teacher / Chinatown.
(c) The Student / Savannah.
(d) The Indian / Forks.
8. What type of job does Wayne tell the narrator they are going to perform in Story 5?
9. What does Jack Hotel and the narrator buy with their money in Story 3?
(b) A cell phone.
(c) A car.
(d) An apartment.
10. Who is Tim Bishop?
(a) McInnes' brother.
(b) Blue's boyfriend.
(c) The narrator's best friend.
(d) The owner of the farm house.
11. How is the narrator receiving money in Story 3?
(a) By stealing a dead man's social security checks.
(b) By working as a construction worker.
(c) By being a drug dealer.
(d) By prostituting himself.
12. Whose birthday is it in Story 4?
(c) Jack Hotel.
(d) The narrator.
13. According to the narrator in Story 2, who sold him a gun?
14. What is the Salesman marital status?
15. According to the narrator in Story 2, how does he feel about his child?
(a) He enjoys him.
(b) He hates him.
(c) He is afraid of him.
(d) He wants to put him up for adoption.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drives a Volkswagen in Story 1?
2. What is the weather like throughout Story 1?
3. What crime was Jack Hotel being tried for in Story 3?
4. When asked by the semi-truck driver, "Is everybody dead?" How does the narrator respond?
5. What type of party is Jack Hotel throwing for himself at the bar in Story 3?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)