|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far did the family promise to take the hitchhiking narrator?
(a) To the next exit.
(b) All the way.
(c) Just to Boulder.
(d) Half way.
2. Where is the family from that picks up the hitchhiking narrator in Story 1?
(a) Land O Lakes.
(b) San Diego.
3. What third location does the narrator's new companion want to go to in Story 2?
(a) The bar.
(b) A farmhouse.
(c) The drug store.
(d) The hospital.
4. Story 3 opens with the narrator seeing ________ in an olive-green three-piece suit, with his blond hair combed back and his face shining and suffering.
(a) Jack Hotel.
5. The narrator reveals in Story 2 that one of his friends got hurt while they were burglarizing a ________.
(b) Gas station.
(d) Department store.
6. Where is the narrator at the beginning of Story 1?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) At a bar.
(c) On the side of the road.
(d) In a hotel.
7. Who is the narrator of Story 2 referring to when he says, "I'd better just go after him, instead of waiting"?
8. Where is the narrator at the beginning of Story 2?
(a) The Museum of Science and Industry.
(b) The Washington Monument.
(c) The Vine.
(d) The Veterans of Foreign Wars Hall.
9. In his flashback, the narrator in Story 1 reveals that earlier in the day the ________ and him had swept down into ________.
(a) The Student / Savannah.
(b) Salesman / Kansas City.
(c) The Teacher / Chinatown.
(d) The Indian / Forks.
10. Who was the naked woman flying over the river behind the boat in Story 5?
(a) Wayne's daughter.
(b) Wayne's ex-fiance.
(c) Wayne's girlfriend.
(d) Wayne's wife.
11. What does Dundun bring to McInnes in Story 4 to make him feel better?
(a) Water and marijuana.
(b) Beer and water.
(c) An asprin and juice.
(d) Bread and water.
12. What type of party is Jack Hotel throwing for himself at the bar in Story 3?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A bachelor party.
(c) A going away party.
(d) A welcome home party.
13. What type of job does Wayne tell the narrator they are going to perform in Story 5?
14. What is the weather like throughout Story 1?
15. Who drives a Volkswagen in Story 1?
(a) The Mennonite.
(b) The college student.
(c) The Indian.
(d) The Teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alsatia?
2. Where does Dundun live?
3. What is the boat pulling behind it in Story 5?
4. In Story 5, whose ex-girlfriend did the narrator end up marrying?
5. Who does the narrator believe is coming to shoot his left leg off in Story 2?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)