|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Story 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Story 5, the narrator says, "Your husband will beat you with a(n) ________ and the bus will pull away leaving you standing there in tears, but you were my ________."
(a) Baseball bat / sister.
(b) Belt / friend.
(c) Tire iron / wife.
(d) Extension cord / mother.
2. What is the "new companion's" real name in Story 2?
3. What embarrassing moment does the narrator of Story 9 remember happening to him at the library?
(a) He fell down the stairs.
(b) His pant zipper was down.
(c) He was asked to leave the library for being too loud.
(d) He had toilet paper stuck to his shoe.
4. What is the name of the man who has a congenital bone ailment that had turned him into a seven foot tall monster?
5. In Story 5, what offer does Wayne make to the narrator?
(a) Wayne wants to buy the narrator's car.
(b) To open up a business together.
(c) Wayne wants to be roommates with the narrator.
(d) To go to work with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Story 8, the narrator tells the military woman from the tavern that he is locked out of his ________.
2. In Story 11, what bus number does the narrator take on a daily basis?
3. What type of job does Wayne tell the narrator they are going to perform in Story 5?
4. Where is the family from that picks up the hitchhiking narrator in Story 1?
5. Where is the narrator at the beginning of Story 1?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)