|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Story 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator say the "second man" from Story 8 is from?
2. What does the Salesman hit with his car causing a severe accident in Story 1?
(a) A light pole.
(b) Another car.
(c) A deer.
(d) A tree.
3. What is the name of the narrator's two friends in Story 2?
(a) Sam and Carol.
(b) Tom and Richard.
(c) Charles and Michael.
(d) Donny and Matthew.
4. According to the narrator, he and the Salesman developed a dangerous cynical camaraderie beginning in ________.
(a) New York.
5. In Story 11, who is the amputee who always greeted the narrator with a magisterial sadness and a nod at his empty pajama-pants legs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator and his girlfriend's drug of choice in Story 5?
2. What type of accent does the "second man" have in Story 8?
3. According to Richard in Story 2, the people at the farmhouse use to be ________.
4. At the end of Story 5, the narrator says, "Your husband will beat you with a(n) ________ and the bus will pull away leaving you standing there in tears, but you were my ________."
5. In Story 5, what does the narrator say his car did not need?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)