|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Story 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Story 1, who is Janice?
(a) The narrator's wife.
(b) The Mennonite's wife.
(c) The Salesman's wife.
(d) The Indian's wife.
2. According to the narrator in Story 1, all of the following people had given the narrator drugs except for who?
(a) The Student.
(b) The Salesman.
(c) The Teacher.
(d) The Indian.
3. What does the Salesman hit with his car causing a severe accident in Story 1?
(a) A light pole.
(b) Another car.
(c) A deer.
(d) A tree.
4. In Story 2, who is the woman at the narrator's "new companion's" home referring to when she says, "If you don't take him off our street I'm calling the police"?
(c) The narrator.
(d) The new companion.
5. How does Michelle die in Story 7?
(a) She overdoses on pills.
(b) She is in a car accident.
(c) She is murdered.
(d) She hangs herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, he and the Salesman developed a dangerous cynical camaraderie beginning in ________.
2. In what year does Story 6 take place?
3. In Story 1, who runs a furniture store?
4. What type of party is Jack Hotel throwing for himself at the bar in Story 3?
5. Story 9 opens with the narrator saying he was after a ________ who was always in the company of a boy.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)