|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Story 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator states that ________ is like a railroad club car that had somehow run itself off the tracks into a swamp of time where it awaited the blows of the wrecking ball.
(b) His life.
(d) The Vine.
2. The host of the party at the farmhouse tells the narrator that ________ does not want the "new companion" at the house.
3. At the end of Story 5, the narrator says, "Your husband will beat you with a(n) ________ and the bus will pull away leaving you standing there in tears, but you were my ________."
(a) Baseball bat / sister.
(b) Tire iron / wife.
(c) Belt / friend.
(d) Extension cord / mother.
4. In the beginning of Story 11, the narrator states that he sometimes went to a ________ during his lunch breaks.
(c) Department store.
5. In Story 5, the narrator and his girlfriend have been staying at the ________.
(a) Holiday Inn.
(b) Motel 8.
(c) Motel Inn.
(d) Hampton Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Story 2, who is the woman at the narrator's "new companion's" home referring to when she says, "If you don't take him off our street I'm calling the police"?
2. The woman the narrator spies on at the town house in Story 11 is a(n) ________.
3. The narrator in Story 8 has all of the following family members except for which?
4. Who is Alsatia?
5. Who is the clerk in the Emergency Room in Story 6?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)