|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Story 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Story 1, who is Janice?
(a) The Salesman's wife.
(b) The Indian's wife.
(c) The Mennonite's wife.
(d) The narrator's wife.
2. Before bringing the narrator home, who does the Salesman want to stop and see in Story 1?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His sister.
3. The narrator states in Story 1 that by the sweet voices of the family inside the car, he knew ________.
(a) They would have an accident.
(b) That they had young children.
(c) They would take good care of the narrator.
(d) That they were friendly.
4. In his flashback, the narrator in Story 1 reveals that earlier in the day the ________ and him had swept down into ________.
(a) Salesman / Kansas City.
(b) The Student / Savannah.
(c) The Indian / Forks.
(d) The Teacher / Chinatown.
5. How does the narrator's "new companion" communicate in Story 2?
(a) In pig-latin.
(b) By song.
(c) With pictures.
(d) By sign language.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alsatia?
2. The host of the party at the farmhouse tells the narrator that ________ does not want the "new companion" at the house.
3. How old is the narrator's child in Story 2?
4. About how old does the narrator guess the sleeping baby in the backseat of the family's vehicle to be in Story 1?
5. Who asks the question in Story 1, "Are you hearing unusual sounds or voices?"
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)