|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Story 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator holding when he stops a semi-truck after the accident in Story 1?
(a) The Salesman's wife.
(b) The Salesman's baby.
(c) His sleeping bag.
(d) A shotgun.
2. The narrator states in Story 1 that by the sweet voices of the family inside the car, he knew ________.
(a) They would take good care of the narrator.
(b) That they had young children.
(c) That they were friendly.
(d) They would have an accident.
3. In Story 1, who is Janice?
(a) The Indian's wife.
(b) The Mennonite's wife.
(c) The narrator's wife.
(d) The Salesman's wife.
4. The narrator reveals in Story 2 that one of his friends got hurt while they were burglarizing a ________.
(a) Department store.
(d) Gas station.
5. In Story 1, who runs a furniture store?
(a) The Student's brother.
(b) The Indian's father.
(c) The Salesman's girlfriend.
(d) The narrator's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator in Story 2, how does he feel about his child?
2. Who does the narrator believe is coming to shoot his left leg off in Story 2?
3. What is the "new companion's" real name in Story 2?
4. Where does the police officer take the hitchhiking narrator following the car accident?
5. About how old does the narrator guess the sleeping baby in the backseat of the family's vehicle to be in Story 1?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)